RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I honestly think the debuff of the ninja was pretty much spot on. they have been popping up everywhere.

Why do you think they have been popping up everywhere?

Gee, I wonder why. Maybe because they just got a 2nd job two months ago and alot of people want to see what all the buzz is about.

Honestly, I hate seeing classes get nerfed, especially a class that is initially pretty weak like Ninja. They had no good reason to nerf them. It's not like they were broken.

There are some things in the game that justify a nerf for the sake of MvP, PvP or WoE, but for things like leveling, that's unacceptable. Especially given how expensive it is to use Throw Kunai.

The game would be more interesting if every class was strong, and generally, most of the original classes and the new 3rd jobs fill that part, but the Expanded Classes always got the shaft.

#52 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

i admit i reacted strongly to these nerfs... i freely admit it...but for me (and a few others out there) i main a Kagerou (in fact other than my level 18 vend slave) i ONLY have a kagerou... so for me it was essentially GAME OVER... i have been playing Okami Maru since ninja class arrived to our servers and now all those years of work making customized gears and mastering the class have gone poof... all the time and money ive put into this game are wasted... could reset my skills and stats? Sure... but ill will also have to get all new gears for that new skill set (and not everybody on the server is a billionaire)... not to mention MOST of the skills we got were mediocre/broken to begin with... we have a whole slew of new skills that arnt even usable in pvm... and the response i got was well disheartening... i tried to be calm and reasonable... i sent in tickets asking about the skills... i Pmed Oda about the skills... and then i started posting on the forums... that response is still the ONLY thing i have heard from ANYBODY... if they want to make us happy (happier) they should ACTUALLY look into it and if the skill IS working as intended give us the formula for it so we can try to compensate... most likely in 2 or 3 months they will come out with new gears that make up for the nerf when you +12 them... but really at that point is it worth it? My guild is all ninja class and now they only log in to ask me if the GMs have dome anything about the nerfs... then they log back out... it wasnt like we even got to test out the new "balanced" K/O on sakkray since they 1) removed K/O gears and items from the server and 2) removed the skill/stat resetter... yeah we all got one free reset from the mesmerist but when you have no idea what the skill formulas are or what all has actually been changed its kinda hard to reset properly (making you thus spend money to reset over and over)... SO YEAH IM FREAKING UPSET... Should i not be? if they went in and suddenly nerfed any other class the way wanderers and Ninja have been youd see a massive storm hit the servers... but because we a re a "for fun" class nobody cares.... well guess what they too the fun out of the "for fun" class and left us with just a big F.U.....

#53 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

it makes me sad that this game has come to the point of everything being broken and then when we complain about it the answers we get (if any at all) are 1) working as intended... 2) we will talk to kRO (6 months later see answer 1)... 3) Quit crying about it... 4) send a ticket ( which does NOTHING 95% of the time)... 5) find another game/make your own server ... weve gotten so used to it that most players have just stopped caring when things get broken since nothing rational will really get done about it... no wonder the community is collapsing... AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO STILL CARES ABOUT THIS "BALANCE" PATCH!?!?!?!? if so im going to stop complaining about it and let it be... every ninja who still plays can play mediocre magic ninja... im exhausted.... im done pumping time, money, effort and care into a game and community who ultimately is content with letting a once great game decay into something not even worth logging into... my emails are ignored, my FB requests have been ignored, my tickets are ignored, my PMs are ignored... all the fighting ive done for ninja class and wanderers has been to no avail... maybe they feel if they open the flood gates to all kinds of compromises but at this point it doesnt matter... theyve ruined the only class i cared to play... my guild has become dead silent... i cant level, PVP, MVP... there is no reason for me to log on anymore... so ill prolly lurk around here on the forums hoping for the game to return to its former greatness... but you kids are on your own... looks like im going back to my PS2....

#54 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

hmm I only started playing Ragnarok on the actual server..I wanted to play out the new ninja class... seems that may have been a mistake with the problems i am reading about here...maybe not the best time to roll a ninja...

#55 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

so magic it is then...

and if you care to walk me though how to send a complaint ill add one to the mix

#56 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

congratulations on youre choice to play the very underwhelming magic ninja class... i assume you have plenty of zeny ingame to spend on gears allowing you to kill monsters beyond level 50... id suggest avoiding wind monsters since ninja have no earth magic... id also avoid monsters that are fast and aggressive as ninja casting is slow... if they can sense you casting spells on them they will also be problematic... but other than that you should be fine...

#57 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

HAHA so basically Im boned solo...hard without lube.,,,

and as this is my first play, no zeny...basically Im picking up anything people drop and selling it for kunai money

Edited by kenlin, 07 April 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

kunai will get you to level 70 but after that it will take you around 5 hits with kunai to kill most monsters at that level... and with the crappy exp rates it will only be another 3 months before you finally hit 99 and can change to Kagerou.... on the bright side there are Gramps Turn In quests to help you level (if you can find anybody who will accept a ninja into their party)... so all in all youll be perfectly set to quit the game in about 3 1/2 months or so...

#59 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

hmm or just play another class... doesnt really make much since to me...just release a new class...nuke it.. makes since... why create something no one wants to play....

#60 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

sorry forbeing so hostile about ninja class... gravity has broke my heart with their recent changes and im pretty bitter about it... try it out maybe youll have fun with it... if not there are a whole slew of other classes to try out... i just personally only ever liked ninja class

#61 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

yeah sucks that your not playing I could use the tips and tricks...or even powerleveing :)

as for other classes,I might end up making a harvesting class to get some zeny/itmes for ninja later on...since I might not be able to take a hit for the later drops

#62 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

good harvesting class is a rogue.... maybe after a period of time ill return... but for now i cant stomach logging in...

#63 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

like for instance im level 24..and wanted to reset my stats and skills for magic...however needed 100 points...spent them ...on a reset stone...which only resets stats.... not skills...

Edited by kenlin, 07 April 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#64 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

also would combat spec help any?
kunai is nothing to sneeze at
Magic has some serious drawbacks

combat..?

#65 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

under level 40 you can reset your skills as many times as you want... talk to the hypnotist in Prontera north west of the fountain near the tool shop... also til may 7th you can reset both stats and skills 1 time for free using the mesmerist in Eden group behind the counter on the first floor... but use the hypnotist first... im not sure what the best ways to level now but magic with the right gears MIGHT work... ninja just dont get much in terms of matk gears...

Edited by Facekiller, 07 April 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#66 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

...who the hell would know that....
generally that's why i stuck with private servers...just not enough reference for things like this unless you find someone who has been playing for years...that and swatting gold farmers,and towns filled with people selling cheep items for millions of zeny

PS. Thanks for the info

Edited by kenlin, 07 April 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#67 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

ive been trying to work for the People for a long time but the GMs either cant or wont listen...

#68 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

just no money in it anymore for warp portal...my guess is they do the bare minimum just to keep the server up...and the people spending money determine if they transfer the updates from one server to the next.
hell they should have had things organized better years ago.

#69 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

iRO is the baby of kRO so unless kRO says they can do something they wont even try it... its a yes massa no massa situation...

#70 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

The findings from our testing is going to kRO. Hopefully they return the AoE and damag rates to normal. Kunai is the only one with a solid before and after comparison. So hopefully at the very least that will be fixed

#71 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

i would be more than happy to return to the game if they fixed just throw kunai to it previous glory... i can live without kunai explosion's AoE... but it was throw kunai's nerf that killed it for me... not just as an individual player but as ninja in general... despite k/o classes being more powerful and having new skills to work with it really hurts the 1st class ninjas... until now that was THE leveling option even magic builds went with throw kunai builds until they hit 2nd class and THEN they reset to magic... the cast time and damage from ninja 1st class were/are a joke... they dont compare even with mages in terms of damage casting and elements able to be cast...

#72 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

at level 25 I balenced my int with dex
3 pedal shots and Im out of mana.....Private server here i come

#73 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

dont go running off just yet... give us a little time to try and work out things with the GMs... this new "balance" patch has only been out for a week... NOTHING will get fixed until at least tuesday night....if they still wont help the classes out at all then i guess you could go to another server... but give it a little time... this is coming from somebody who only played a ninja class character for like 6 years or more (when did ninja class come out?)... i feel your pain and we ARE fighting still to change what theyve done... if nothing else dont give up on US...

#74 kenlin

kenlin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

ill keep my eye out for changes. but for right now id rather spend my time running at 100x normal xp with the ninja update....least in the mean time

#75 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

what monsters are you killing and with what skill? at level 24 you could be killing bigfoots with flaming petals... you should also get ninja mastery it will help your SP regen IMMENSELY... ill give you all the help i can to help you succeed if you put in the effort and give it a chance... if you really want to quit feel free but do me a favor and send your complaints about the game to a GM or submit a ticket about it via the support feature... let them know why they are driving away new players...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users