Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

this thread made me laugh so hard for 2 reasons:

I reported it because rallying people up to "unite" actually isnt allowed to do so on the forums. I see it has been waved away by the GMs.

second: I honestly think the debuff of the ninja was pretty much spot on. they have been popping up everywhere. alike this thread they wont go away either.

and I do have a problem with the nerf. I wish the debuffed it even harder then they did now.

#27 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

this thread made me laugh so hard for 2 reasons:

I reported it because rallying people up to "unite" actually isnt allowed to do so on the forums. I see it has been waved away by the GMs.

second: I honestly think the debuff of the ninja was pretty much spot on. they have been popping up everywhere. alike this thread they wont go away either.

and I do have a problem with the nerf. I wish the debuffed it even harder then they did now.

thanks for stopping by and trolling our thread.... this isnt a petition/conspiracy or quitting thread therefore its not against the forum rules... this a call to action on the part of a niche group of players who want they class they loved to play not broken to the point of not being able to level... if you have a problem with ninja classes being OP then you clearly need to learn to play better instead of trolling threads in the forums...

#28 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

I was not trolling. my post is my personal opinion and you asked for a reply if you had anything against the nerf. which I do.

#29 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

why , in your opinion, should ninja have been nerfed?

#30 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

In my opinion the skills they were given when K/O were released were really dominant in pvm. thats why I think they should have been released on how they are at this moment or even less powerful like I stated before.

#31 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

^
Posted Image

Ninja's Unite!!! :rice:

#32 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

In my opinion the skills they were given when K/O were released were really dominant in pvm. thats why I think they should have been released on how they are at this moment or even less powerful like I stated before.

dominant in PvM? how so? throw kunai is a ninja skill single target element reliant... the kunai weigh more than both arrows and cannon balls... and how can you really be dominant in pvm? every class except maybe wanderers, tkm, and GS are better than ninja class as far as killing in pvm... pvm is how people level... now ninja dont have any leveling skills... in pvp the one skill thats OP is one of the skills the could have nerfed but didnt and thats Rapid throw.... you cant level with rapid throw, KS, Shadow slash, haze slasher... ninja magic has been nerfed since renewal hit and now kunai are weaker than a knights melee attacks.... so exactly where did you see the problem with ninja being able to kill MONSTERS?

#33 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

so what you're trying to tell me is that a Kagerou and Oboro have no methods of leveling beside kunai? I second that completely. the magic might be nerfed but with the right setup there are still ways of using it effectively in pvm.

and I didnt see a problem with them killing monsters. I saw a problem of them shredding through mobs like they didnt even stand there. that is where my problem was. no class should be able to do that without having a con added to that particular skill.

oh and the crying out you are doing actually isnt helping a lot. there have been nerfs and all you mostly can do is just put up with it. welcome to the world of MMORPGs. it happens in ALL games and everyone just either goes on with it or continue to call out about it which usually ends up without having result.

and everyone who replied in this topic that they will quit because of a nerf? please PLEASE uninstall this game and dont return to this server. or rather dont play any online game ever again.

Edit: you obviously only play ninja classes. find a private server which is completely like classic and go play the glory days of ninja again.

Edited by Minsyy, 05 April 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#34 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

so you want people to quit a game with low population as is? and please give me a gear set up that is noob friendly for magic ninjas id love to hear your input.. im not even complaining about the kunai explosion skill... if they had to nerf that skill i could live with that... but how are ninja supposed to level exactly? kunai was the main way of leveling... ninja have a very low HP mod and are clearly not meant to be melee characters... give me some decent gear sets for leveling a magic ninja (not a kagerou or oboro since its not just a k/o issue) and dont start giving me very high end gears since not every player is super rich...

#35 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Everyone please, if you can post screenshots of your damage before vs your damage after. It would help a lot

#36 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

@Facekiller-Dude don't let Minsyy troll you.

The point of an MMORPG is class diversity and each class having a special appeal for a certain segment of the population.
The nerfs to ninja class are extreme.There are more productive ways of balancing damage like making it so not all monster in the game have stupid low pdef for one. or simply requiring a mastery to maximize a skills damage. That way the sacrifice of skill pints is rewarded with better damage

I've played ninja since kRO debut (snuck on, don't ask me how). And they have never been capable of anything particularly gamebreaking. They are jack of all trades and master of none. if developers want people to pay for their game, they have to keep it playable for as many people as possible. no one should have to go play on a pserver when what they want is to support official server and future development of the game. But truth be told there are pserver better managed and longer lived that many of the official ones and that is a damn shame.

Screen shots, no can do. I already de-equipped, and reset my ninja to prepare it for cryogenic storage.

Edited by TheSquishy, 05 April 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#37 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I need screenshots, specifically before / after KE, Spin Kunai, Pure Soul, Throw Kunai, and Killing Strike. Please, this would actually help a lot.

This is all I have.
Spoiler

Edited by Scuba, 05 April 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#38 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Minssy; Petitions are what aren't allowed, they can "rally" if they want. =P

And please keep your arguments clean... The personal crap isn't needed. =/

#39 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I have a feeling they will ignore pms too but if people stop using their money on this game then even KRO will notice, money talks after all.
Keep the good fight Okami!!

#40 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

unfortunately not everybody is willing to with hold funds from them... im not giving them any more money...

maybe if all every player who wants them to un-nerf ninja class stops playing for a week maybe they will realize how much of the population is effected... id say every player who wants and end to the nerf should not log in after next maint for a whole week... see if they notice our plight when the population drops

Edited by Facekiller, 05 April 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#41 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Minssy; Petitions are what aren't allowed, they can "rally" if they want. =P

And please keep your arguments clean... The personal crap isn't needed. =/

isnt that basicly the same? rallying people up and having a petition? it both will have a similar result in the end anyways.

and personal crap? thanks for calling my opinion "crap". apparently its not allowed to speak my mind anymore.

#42 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Well look what we have here, another class being balanced! /sarcasm

#43 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

all in support for un-nerfing of the class (and for performer classes too, they've been down for long enough) please do not log in on any character after next maint til the following maint... maybe when they see the population drop they will realize how many people care... im posting this to my guilds facebook page.... please spread teh word...

#44 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

More testing:

AoE of Explosive Kunai currently:
Spoiler

AoE of Kunai Splash Currently:

Spoiler

#45 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

isnt that basicly the same? rallying people up and having a petition? it both will have a similar result in the end anyways.

and personal crap? thanks for calling my opinion "crap". apparently its not allowed to speak my mind anymore.

No, they aren't. You can ask people to give their support in opinions, you just can't have them go sign something to try and "force-change" it.

I didn't call your opinion crap, I told you--and others--to keep the "personal crap" out of it. As in, you don't need to insult people's intelligence / tell them to quit the game because they disagree with you.

#46 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Do you play a Kagerou/Oboro?

#47 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Obviously she doesn't play Kagoro/Oboro OR Wanderer for that matter. <_<

#48 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

im exhausted... after all the ranting, PMs, Emails, Tickets, threads and posts the only acknowledgement ive gotten at all has been this snarky reply from Oda...

"I am sorry that you do not like the changes that the kRO development team implemented for the Ninja second classes, and we have been reported the majority of those sprite errors, missing gears and minor cosmetic issues to kRO, our development team when these were communicated to us by the community in the previous threads.

Where other people in the Throw Kunai formula thread were discussing HOW the skill had changed for them and WHY this was something that seemed like a bug or excessively changed, you jumped immediately to rage "I'm quitting" "iRO is murdering my class", etc.. If you put the rage energy into creating a constructive report (not a rant) for the ticket system that would actually be something that we could take to the development team and ask "is this an intended change?", "this seems wrong."

Clearly there isnt a problem from their standpoint... im really starting to wonder if they care at all about this game or if they are all betting on RO2 to save their jobs...

#49 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

I need screenshots, specifically before / after KE, Spin Kunai, Pure Soul, Throw Kunai, and Killing Strike. Please, this would actually help a lot.

Kunai Explosion

Level 104 (before)
~20k damage with 9 charms and 4x Kingbird Main Gauche
~21k damage with 9 charms and 4x size Main Gauche
109 Str, 97 Dex
bearable AoE
Spoiler

Level 116 (after)
~21k damage with 9 charms and 4x Kingbird Main Gauche
~21k damage with 9 charms and 4x size Main Gauche
110 Str, 115 Dex
3x3 AoE
Spoiler

That's all I have.

#50 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I read a few threads about some of the changes and went and tested out some of those skills with one of my kagerou (I have two with a third ninja at 94... but keep in mind that I also have 2-4 of each job3 class except Guillo Ass).

I was appalled at the damage reduction just on Throw Kunai (I'm dealing about ONE FIFTH of the damage I was dealing before - from 15 to 17k to 2.8 to 3k, no charms/AS cards, just two EA3 enchants) with the Ninja I leveled as magic (in Renewal) and reset to Kunai to test the new Kunai skills. I realize this is what we got sent for skill updates, and that Kunai chuck was, realistically, due for a nerf, but it really seems like the dev team knew that something was going on since we got a free reset out of it. Too bad our one-free-reset-per-character is also no longer a permanent fixture for nub friendliness and is leaving in May... /hmm

[As a side note, the 94 Ninja is the only one leveled as a kunai ninja, but before some incompetent troll comes in and says you really can level without kunais and with the right gears... Yes, you can level with magic as a ninja, the hard way, harder than kunai was even with uber cast time gear. And yes, I did have some 20-something job3 characters (including a wanderer, for those curious) to drum up funding and hand-me-down gear with before I 99ed either of them.]

--

Regarding the response you got...
Spoiler

I think it's true that you reacted strongly, but isn't it also a little much for a company to expect all their (mostly young) customers to be entirely objective and level-headed when their investments have just been rendered worthless? Kind of like when you just finished mollifying the upset community on some issue, and your parent company throws you a curveball in the form of an overcompensating and/or buggy balance patch?

Aside from the half-justified rebuke in the reply, though, I'd have been more likely to trust the "blame kRO" aspect of their defense if I still trusted them to tell us the truth of any sticky situation... I know we have some skills customized to some degree (Arrow Repel, Magnus Ex for cast times, as I hear it, for example). Is there no middle ground there for customization, at least with some of the less PVP-involved skills like the kunai ones?

It hasn't been that long since the K/O changes, so it could be that something is in the works for perhaps fixes (or begging for fixes from stupid kRO). But I can no longer come right out and say to just trust that they're working on it, either - I can't trust anything of a company that doesn't trust its customers. (Yes, I am still on about the stated Rudolf nerf justification.) Let's just pray that the situation is being handled, and that it won't be 1.5 years before anything is done about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users