ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

i don't see many kagerou/oboro in MidTI anymore..its too hard to lvl up from lvl 100 to lvl 110 on basic gears. :(
Alas, my kagerou sits there useless with his stats & skills reseted & nowhere to go ! T_T

#102 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Give up already, the new class addition was just an advertising ploy to draw back old gamers. It's obvious that they want this class to be trash.

#103 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

the class isnt completely broken... ive found a new way to kill people in pvp (one they never expected)... the issues is really with leveling... if you look at monsters over level 120 they are almost all MVPs (or bio monsters) and are just insane to kill... the class isnt dead it just needs to be reworked... throw kunai just went back to its prerenewal damage... i made it to 99 leveling in prerenewal with throwing... at least throw huuma damage isnt split amongst mobs anymore....

#104 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

the class isnt completely broken... ive found a new way to kill people in pvp (one they never expected)... the issues is really with leveling... if you look at monsters over level 120 they are almost all MVPs (or bio monsters) and are just insane to kill... the class isnt dead it just needs to be reworked... throw kunai just went back to its prerenewal damage... i made it to 99 leveling in prerenewal with throwing... at least throw huuma damage isnt split amongst mobs anymore....

Ok, you have my attention. What killing method might that be? Even thenso, it's pvp, in woe it probably serves little purpose. Throw huuma damage isn't split but it sure does suck. It's a long casting ground targeting skill. Tried to level with it and almost snapped my kb in half like a twig.

#105 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

well its damage is the same as (if not more than throw kunai) and its multi-targeting you just gotta cast it in the area right in front of teh mob or self target it like a form of magnum break... as for my killing skill im going to keep that one a secret... buts ill say its a combo attack of magical and physical damage thats almost instantaneous.... really ninja classes benefit best from working together as a group as they always have... as for woe they would play a better support/disabling role than a killing role (Rapid Throw being the exception)

#106 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

You'd be surprised to know how easy it is to keep 5~8 people busy with just a single Kagerou.

#107 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I know this is a bit late, I kinda just got internet back and made an Oboro before I went to the forums. I don't care about the skill damage or anything like that, but what happened to the fact that ninja are masters of all weapons but are only able to equip knives? Or the fact that they don't have a cloaking skill, yes they have hide but they can't move during it like thief classes can. Or how about the fact that none of there skills are actually ninja skills? I know I can't be the only one who played a ninja expecting them to be more like ultimate army of one ninja god Ryu Hayabusa, and NOT like weak mages.

#108 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

I know this is a bit late, I kinda just got internet back and made an Oboro before I went to the forums. I don't care about the skill damage or anything like that, but what happened to the fact that ninja are masters of all weapons but are only able to equip knives? Or the fact that they don't have a cloaking skill, yes they have hide but they can't move during it like thief classes can. Or how about the fact that none of there skills are actually ninja skills? I know I can't be the only one who played a ninja expecting them to be more like ultimate army of one ninja god Ryu Hayabusa, and NOT like weak mages.

LOL you mean how that ninja was battling the Sura with a sword in their official K/O trailer?

#109 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Never saw that.

#110 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

K/O fills the exact same niche now as Ninja did pre-renewal when we didn't have 3rd jobs. Exact same.

For-fun side character that is slightly weaker than a core class, but has some functionality in WoE and parties if you're a flexible and smart player.

Exact same as before.

#111 MarDyu

MarDyu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

even in classic., ninja is useless., kunai cant kill anyone., KS can only kill 2nd classes., magic type can easily reduce because job stat bonus goes to agi., ( WTF AGI.,? )

" was new in iro XD "

#112 Mold

Mold

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Oh.

So that's what happend. Just came back to check out the new class and wondering why I couldn't even level my ninja anymore without throwing out 3 40z flaming kunais(I'm piss poor, fyi.) per mob. I guess it's because I don't have billionzeny equipment or something.

So... Back to pseudo mage like pre-renewal then? Is this some kind of ploy to get non-billionzenyequip players to spend on stat/skill resetters? :l

Did throw kunai really warrant that hard of a nerf?

Is it like a thing in Korea now to make a shiny new fun thing then plaster fecal matter left over from their funtime bullfighting arena?
It's a thing now, isn't it? :l

So much for taking a break from PSO, I guess. :l

Edited by Mold, 21 May 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#113 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

I cannot believe people are still having trouble with ninja class.
I deleted my kunai build ninja lv 102
Remake
Make kunai build with about 60 str
I had 2 MOH, triple kingbird Gladi, +30 atk witch hat set.
you can easily hit 5k-6k on most mobs
That will easily get you to 60+
Do collection handin until hit 70+ (spend zeny)
Be party lead in low TI and leach in recruit chat.
Hit 99 and free reset to magic build.
Get 60 agi, 80 int 80 dex
Max first wind
Max fire explosion
Max cicada
lv 5 freezing spear

Start with 16th night lv 1, then lv 3.
After that get 3 elemental charms, except earth.
Get puresoul to lv 4

At level 100 you can wear Mikatsuki, can be made with opal+murasame[1]
Flamming patals, Freezing spear, Lightning Jolt and First Wind have ASPD based delay. So you probably need 80+ agi after and some Awk pots.

At this point you can probably spam Lightning Jolt in low TI for AOE.
I did about 2.5k per jolt at about 2-3 jolt per second. Viable AOE, faster kill and cast faster than Wizards !!

Start maxing flaming petals and freezing spear
Now you're probably do 10k+ instant single target in less than a second.

I was able to get to lv 99 k/o for less than 50 hours. Ofcourse you need to have nice gear and zeny support.
I do not recommend ninja as a first character, unless you have friends to help you / good gear.

Im just giving my own experience on how I PLAY MY ninja . You don't need to follow this exactly

Edited by altandf4, 24 May 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#114 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Be party lead in low TI and leach in recruit chat.

lol
Never partying with ninjas again.

#115 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Supernovice did this too, but only when it's not full

#116 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... youre still a glorified mage... which is what the main complaint was... that builds have been restricted to magic for the most part for leveling...

#117 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yes for leveling, but I'd say this is more of a skeleton build for your mage.
Ninja are very busy class to play with.
Magic are not weak !

I tried huuma, they are too slow. I tried Spray kunai, which eats my zeny and damage does not scale too high either.
Now I have tried magic, it is viable for single target.
I knew AOE is slightly lacking... the problem is after-delay. Wiz has a stringer fix for this, but why some of our skills have bad delay !
Plus, all the after-delay reduction gears cannot be worn by ninja. WOT !

#118 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

not true... the crescent armguard actually reduces aftercast delay by refine level... the only real problem with the class is that people figure there are one or 2 viable builds.... there are more like 5 or 6... ninja class has never played like other classes and people who expect it to are seriously disappointed... as a level 122 hybrid i still took down Maya, Phree, GTB, and Mistress with little trouble...and ive killed people in pvp... K/O is obviously more flexible with their builds... and im not using OP gears of any kind... all my pvm gears are under +5... i dont use healing items... i dont use outside buffs of any kind... i very rarely even party with anybody (except in pvp so my guildies and i dont accidentally hit each other)... true its not hard.... but its ALOT harder than it used to be....

#119 bayuazni

bayuazni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

yea i know you are the best ninja ever, but its not helping people if you just talk about how great are you, without make some guide or something.... that every ninja really need thats a lot than saw other people go greater and leave we are behind... no offence....

#120 bayuazni

bayuazni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

advice is more help... people guide them self but advice made some idea... and its really HELP

#121 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

i run the largest and oldest all ninja guild in iRO.... i am on almost everyday helping my guildies level and build their ninjas up.... i give them zeny and gears and items to help them level.... i give them step by step instructions on how to build ninjas based on their end goals...i go into the field to help tank for low level ninja to level faster and easier.... i take any any ninja of any level or build... i take players brand new to the game and help them learn everything they could possibly want to know (even if it means spending my time out of game researching it)... i keep them informed on maint notes and various events happening... and i sacrifice the time i could spend leveling and money i could spend on improving my own gears to help them become great ninja.... HOW IS THIS NOT HELPING?? just because i wont put up a guide here doesnt mean i dont help ninja... any ninja who needs help can always find me in game... thats where my time is spent... helping ninja IN GAME... where they really need it....

#122 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

what pissing me off more now is the fact that they are ignoring us and deleting my posts without even saying anything...

OMG they do this to me too. I feel like I don't have a voice here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users