Before you make your main class, THINK! This is why. - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Before you make your main class, THINK! This is why.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Usually ranged class (not saying about all) dominates colo by 10:1 and I seldom see melee class on this type of fight.

Rogues are ok , same with Sin's

#27 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Rogues are ok , same with Sin's

Yes.. Because they both have invisibility and amazing DPS against enemies.

#28 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yes.. Because they both have invisibility and amazing DPS against enemies.

Rouges do 2x damage in stealth, same as sin.

If rouges do Stealth - > Moonlight thats 300% damage. Almost hits as hard as a Val Spear.

#29 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

That's not really true for this game, Asiasoft themselves said the changes they made to the game was because they belived sea gamers were more ''Hardcore'' then others and as such they made the mobs stronger and they nerfed sorc to make raids harder.

Of course that was complete BS and it was to try and sell more CS res items.

I agree, a lot of the changes they made were specific to their intents. Therefore, we can't be too sure that iRO will implement the same changes.

#30 iNz4Ne

iNz4Ne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

So is Monk any good in 1on1? I thought because of their mobility and tankiness due to their skill kit would make them really strong in PvP. But maybe i was wrong. Is Sorc the best in every aspect of the game? YOu would think they would learn of their mistakes from RO1! <<

#31 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

So is Monk any good in 1on1? I thought because of their mobility and tankiness due to their skill kit would make them really strong in PvP. But maybe i was wrong. Is Sorc the best in every aspect of the game? YOu would think they would learn of their mistakes from RO1! <<

Sorcs, are godlike . Monks can 2 shot. Asura Strike -> CD Reset -> Asura Strike again

#32 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

The fact that assassins are actually considered DPS in RO2 is a big deal. I will most likely just continue on as an assasins as Nitro and power level to level cap.

"Ranged DPS is usually always wanted because they obviously do more damage than melee DPS. A regular party would usualy bring a ranger & sorc then 1 melee DPS such as Rogue or Sin."

^ That could be a bit broken. The closer a DPS has to be to the target to do damage, the more dangerous they should be in PVP or PVE. Please no anti-patterns in RO2. Rangers have more survival simply because they are miles away from the action.

#33 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

The fact that assassins are actually considered DPS in RO2 is a big deal. I will most likely just continue on as an assasins as Nitro and power level to level cap.

"Ranged DPS is usually always wanted because they obviously do more damage than melee DPS. A regular party would usualy bring a ranger & sorc then 1 melee DPS such as Rogue or Sin."

^ That could be a bit broken. The closer a DPS has to be to the target to do damage, the more dangerous they should be in PVP or PVE. Please no anti-patterns in RO2. Rangers have more survival simply because they are miles away from the action.

The problem is melee damage dealers are more of a liability in dungeons then ranged for most bosses the ranged can stay out of the threat range and do damage constantly but the melees have to be moving in and out of the fight to avoid the strong aoes and can potentialy get 1 hit KOed by a unlucky crit aoe from the boss.

This can even apply in lower level dungeons, i'v seen plenty of sins and rogues can 1 hit KOed by a Moonlight flower aoe crit.

#34 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

The problem is melee damage dealers are more of a liability in dungeons then ranged for most bosses the ranged can stay out of the threat range and do damage constantly but the melees have to be moving in and out of the fight to avoid the strong aoes and can potentialy get 1 hit KOed by a unlucky crit aoe from the boss.

This can even apply in lower level dungeons, i'v seen plenty of sins and rogues can 1 hit KOed by a Moonlight flower aoe crit.

Nitro: I'm gonna be a melee DPS
Dev: What's that?
Nitro: A char that does damage up close.
Dev: What you going on about kid??"
Nitro: I... would like to make an assasisn.
Dev: Not a good idea. Balance patch not coming until 2020. Roll sorc or ranger, nub.

Ok, ok I kid but hopefully melee DPS actually exist and not OP classes everyone makes or don't play RO2 instead.

Edited by Nitro, 15 April 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#35 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Nitro: I'm gonna be a melee DPS
Dev: What's that?
Nitro: A char that does damage up close.
Dev: What you going on about kid??"
Nitro: I... would like to make an assasisn.
Dev: Not a good idea. Balance patch not coming until 2020. Roll sorc or ranger, nub.

Ok, ok I kid but hopefully melee DPS actually exist and not OP classes everyone makes or don't play RO2 instead.

Melee DPS do exist but reality is most ppl will not want to take more then 1 of them in dungeons or 2 for raids, it's just more pratical to be aible to have your healer/dps(Wizzy/Ranger/Sorc) stand together at the back whit LOD/Deluge under them and having the priest only worry about the tank most of the time.

There is no melee class that can beat sorcs burst damage because of Freeze/spear and Wind arms, if they crit you whit it in pvp they will either kill you in 1 shot or take 80% of your hp.

#36 RiketzKarlom

RiketzKarlom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

So basically, if you can play Combat spec Rogue on WoW, you can play melee DPS on here. Really, so many of the skillsets, class roles, raid difficulties, etc. are all basically just like WoW. Just, they have cards and RO style costumes and skill names. Not complaining or talking trash, but it is super obvious, and it's awesome.

#37 Aeune

Aeune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

For people who uses hide, just use your skill that doesn't need a target against them. lol I dueled a rogue on my knight one time and he wasn't expecting me to use my grand cross on him. I got a head start from him since it damaged him a little bit and it cancelled his hiding skill.

#38 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

For people who uses hide, just use your skill that doesn't need a target against them. lol I dueled a rogue on my knight one time and he wasn't expecting me to use my grand cross on him. I got a head start from him since it damaged him a little bit and it cancelled his hiding skill.

Hide is bugged, a DOT can dis spell hide. IMO it shouldn't be able to do that.

#39 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hide is bugged, a DOT can dis spell hide. IMO it shouldn't be able to do that.

Don't think that is a bug.

Self AOE moves like [Grand Cross], [Brandish Storm], even [Frost Nova] and other skills similar to it (ability to auto cast without a target or by clicking a piece of land) SHOULD be able to uncover hidden foes.

A person may be hidden, but when the opponent casts a self-aoe with the hider being near the caster, of course they should get hit (and uncovered) as well. Similar to how a [Hide] can get un-hidden when a raid boss uses their AOE skill. You may be able to hide, but once you get hit in that "hidden" state, its a given that you become "uncovered". Its like "throwing paint" on a random spot in the room to find someone invisible. Or even spinning in a circle with a baseball bat. Sure you can miss, but once your "aoe" hits, then you basically found the "hider".

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not completely going against the statement. If the enemy were to say use an "aoe DoT" and hit a "hider", the hider should not be uncovered (since they they didn't really get "hit"). Comparative to how one can be "hidden" and find themselves in a gas-filled room. Of course the gas would contact the "hidden", but the "caster" doesn't get their "physical evidence" that "someone is there". Where as in the painter/striker theory, the "caster" can visually "see"/"feel" that they hit something.

Apologies for the somewhat poor analogies, but I decided to choose one that most people should universally picture.

Edited by Shouichirou, 16 April 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#40 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

He said DOT though.
But either way, I think it's fine that AoEs and DoTs (i.e. taking damage) cancel hiding.

#41 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

He said DOT though.
But either way, I think it's fine that AoEs and DoTs (i.e. taking damage) cancel hiding.

Don't worry lol, I already corrected myself before-hand.

#42 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Not sure what you're trying to prove O_O :questionmark:

#43 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sorcs, are godlike . Monks can 2 shot. Asura Strike -> CD Reset -> Asura Strike again

Monk is excellent in 1 on 1, due to its high defence.

However in colo, Monk have a hard time trying to get kills for 2 reasons.

1. Low burst damage
2. Other than Asura, there's really no other type of big damage skill.

Dont bother about the stun for Asura Strike, the stun ends when the animation for Asura ends. The key is to hit at the very last moment with Asura.

Generally Sorcs/Rangers tend to do well very Colo.

I played Monk class in SeaRO2...I wonder should I try another class or replay monk again....

Monk is a pain to level up after transcending from acolyte from lvl 25-30...to those who plan to play monk for the first time, save up your zeny to buy potions. You'll be using a lot of red potions when you hit level 25. And you'll see the damage that you get with holy light + Asperio go down the drain. When my char hit lvl 25 on sea server, my raging blow/Quad palm skill only gives me 70-80 dmg per cast. :p_omg: . During this time, before you are able to build up reasonable hp and defence....you'll find yourself drinking pot and eating food after every battle. When your monk reach level 35, you'll start to see the actual advantage of being a monk....durability of a tank :p_laugh:

Abouth stealth, you can only cast stealth before Colo starts. After that, you won't be able to cast stealth anymore even after you die as you'll be stuck in combat until the session ends.

Still my comment might vary as its based on my experienced on Sea server. I had to see the changes that Warp Portal implements on the talents before concluding anything else.

Edited by hongaun, 16 April 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#44 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Not sure what you're trying to prove O_O :questionmark:

No real point to prove, rather trying to fling trivia onto future readers.
lit) "I just made this post off topic"

#45 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Monk is a pain to level up after transcending from acolyte from lvl 25-30...to those who plan to play monk for the first time, save up your zeny to buy potions. You'll be using a lot of red potions when you hit level 25. And you'll see the damage that you get with holy light + Asperio go down the drain. When my char hit lvl 25 on sea server, my raging blow/Quad palm skill only gives me 70-80 dmg per cast. :p_omg: . During this time, before you are able to build up reasonable hp and defence....you'll find yourself drinking pot and eating food after every battle. When your monk reach level 35, you'll start to see the actual advantage of being a monk....durability of a tank :p_laugh:

Hm. Which is worse then? Leveling from 25-35 as a monk, or as an acolyte?
If an acolyte is easier during those levels, then players could just change classes later.

#46 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hm. Which is worse then? Leveling from 25-35 as a monk, or as an acolyte?
If an acolyte is easier during those levels, then players could just change classes later.

It depends really, the problem is you stop getting acolyte eq after you hit lvl 25. You might want to hold of changing class until u hit lvl 30, or until you gathered a full set of monk gear (even green is good). Most monk gear has stat bonus to both str/int/vit, while aco is more on int. Wearing aco gear with monk is a definitely no-no.

For me I'll transcend to monk class at level 27/28, or when i get a full set of monk gear, whichever earlier.

#47 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

It depends really, the problem is you stop getting acolyte eq after you hit lvl 25.

Ohhh, right. How about after Pandoras are released then? I could swear that I remember they were all restricted to advanced classes only, but in seaRO2 with the Level-Up Support Event patch, a lot of Pandoras became equipable on starter classes as well (including priest mace). Could probably safely go at least 5 levels without new armor with that, I think.

#48 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I played a Rogue and Sin on another version, and late in the game. Sins are amazing at PvP and most of the time if you know what you are doing, really good at soloing standard quests. But as for RHM, And Raids they are really given a lot of smack because of their usual low HP, so you plan on playing Sin just be prepared if you are trying to randomly party for big things since most are pretty biased, unless you are with friends,or guildmates. But of course, not everyone is that way but I saw a ton of it on SEA version. But NA, Europe and Oceania version won't be like SEA, so perhaps you will get better luck, but who knows lol.

#49 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Ohhh, right. How about after Pandoras are released then? I could swear that I remember they were all restricted to advanced classes only, but in seaRO2 with the Level-Up Support Event patch, a lot of Pandoras became equipable on starter classes as well (including priest mace). Could probably safely go at least 5 levels without new armor with that, I think.

If pandora eq are released and by lvl 25 you got your pandora knuckles, then just transcend at lvl 25 as you should be dishing out a lot of damage at that time.

Thing is, we don't know if pandora gear will be there when the server is launched.

#50 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I played a Rogue and Sin on another version, and late in the game. Sins are amazing at PvP and most of the time if you know what you are doing, really good at soloing standard quests. But as for RHM, And Raids they are really given a lot of smack because of their usual low HP, so you plan on playing Sin just be prepared if you are trying to randomly party for big things since most are pretty biased, unless you are with friends,or guildmates. But of course, not everyone is that way but I saw a ton of it on SEA version. But NA, Europe and Oceania version won't be like SEA, so perhaps you will get better luck, but who knows lol.

In COA ssin has a higher chance to get into parties compared to rogue, as rogue is dependent on using pots for the dps, but when fighting Aromine, nobody can use pots otherwise will wipe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users