• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#26 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Oh! That's interesting. I wonder why there's even a space for it then.

Placeholder, what else...
Maybe it will get implemented after a levelcap increase, if the game lives long enough to get there.

and here is the proof for the res CD:

I was aware of res CD, it's just that I never paid any attention to the Large Bag Khara - I wasn't even the original owner of the kRO2 account I got my hands on and my experience with kRO2 was let's just say, limited. Thanks for the khara screenie, tho.

:upd:

sorcerers are cornered into a healer role because priests simply can't handle taking care of the party by themselves

Not true.
Our guild had priests which were easily capable of healing any Hard mode 5-ppl dungeon without sorcs, it just takes some skill and a right build.
And before you ask - they weren't raid geared for RHDs. Plain lvl 50 blues.

Because of all these things, factors like party/raid composition are completely rigid. Beastmasters, rogues, wizards, warriors, and monks are practically obsolete classes there.

At this point I must ask - what raiding experience do you have in SEA RO2?
Because I have obviously played a completely different game then - the one where Monks were best single-target tanks, Wizards were second in pure damage output only to Rogues (and only in melee-friendly encounters, which aren't many) and Warriors were the most efficient tanks when it came to handling adds.

Their tank skills look like they would be infinitely better than the "knight" skills.

Not exactly.
While Warriors have good survivability, they completely lack any utility skills, namely - the Shield Fortress, which is extremely valuable in raid boss fights and almost completely irreplaceable in some Hard mode fights. One of the tanks in a 10-man raid is a Knight 99% of the time, the other one is chosen based on the fight.

Edited by Reifnir, 19 April 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#27 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Warriors aren't the main tanks?

Their tank skills look like they would be infinitely better than the "knight" skills.

Explain.

You'd be amazed at how often I see people calling warrior a "useless" class.

In reality warriors make damn god tanks, but most of the time in SEA RO2 a knight will always be picked over a warrior. Part of this is sort of a weird stereotype that warriors are supposed to be an off tank/DPS class. I think they may also typically have slightly lower HP than a knight, and on SEA server HP is almost everything. Most parties won't bother with you at all if your HP is below a certain number. (Beastmasters are actually the HP champ, but are often the exception as they get passed over due to low defense.)

Additionally knights have a move (Shield Fortress) that reduces the damage taken by the entire party for 10 seconds. Some attacks aren't really avoidable, or everyone is spread over too large an area for the tank to attract adds/summons (BAPHO), or a boss randomly switches targets and there's a high chance that if a party member gets killed you won't be seeing them until well after the battle. In these cases, SF is thought to be a great asset since it increases the survivability of everyone for a time typically long enough to get the situation under control.

So really the answer is "because that's how people do it, idk dude"

Not true.
Our guild had priests which were easily capable of healing any Hard mode 5-ppl dungeon without sorcs, it just takes some skill and a right build.
And before you ask - they weren't raid geared for RHDs. Plain lvl 50 blues.

At this point I must ask - what raiding experience do you have in SEA RO2?
Because I have obviously played a completely different game then - the one where Monks were best single-target tanks, Wizards were second in pure damage output only to Rogues (and only in melee-friendly encounters, which aren't many) and Warriors were the most efficient tanks when it came to handling adds.

In my experience as a priest, it has little to do with my skill (or lack thereof) and more to do with how organized the party is. In an organized party, I as a single priest (level 50 with a mix of green, blue, and purple equips) can handle everyone easily without having a sorc around. But organized parties, in my experience, are absolutely a minority. It becomes impossible for one priest (or one ANYTHING) to take care of a whole party when everyone has to be chased across the map constantly.

My experience with raids and parties has been more or less entirely "public," made from finding people on the party search or just getting asked while goofing off in a town. I'm sure that if I had a consistent group I'd have a much different story to tell.

Edited by Splendens, 19 April 2013 - 03:10 AM.

#28 TKWizard

TKWizard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

@Flash2K6.

Do you have a Sorcerer to check if they implemented the Sorcerer nerf in KRO2? I've been hearing different things.

#29 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

In my experience as a priest, it has little to do with my skill (or lack thereof) and more to do with how organized the party is. In an organized party, I as a single priest (level 50 with a mix of green, blue, and purple equips) can handle everyone easily without having a sorc around. But organized parties, in my experience, are absolutely a minority. It becomes impossible for one priest (or one ANYTHING) to take care of a whole party when everyone has to be chased across the map constantly.

My experience with raids and parties has been more or less entirely "public," made from finding people on the party search or just getting asked while goofing off in a town. I'm sure that if I had a consistent group I'd have a much different story to tell.

Its not how the party is organized but more of how smart the players are. Not even the best priest in the world could do much if the party is full of retards who don't know how to play their jobs and lack common sense entirely.

Heck me and my husband duo'd RHDs with 4 charas to get our gear just to avoid people on the sea servers just to see what we could do since we didnt want to join any guilds there just because of how stupid most people we met were turned us off from doing raids. We used random jobs for the 2nd and 3rd chara slots aside from having the basic priest and a tank job... which wasnt always knight lol

#30 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

But organized parties, in my experience, are absolutely a minority. It becomes impossible for one priest (or one ANYTHING) to take care of a whole party when everyone has to be chased across the map constantly.

Should've started with that.
I was in a guild with voice chat, and pretty strict chain of command, and almost a half of our raid was composed of people who had Vanilla/TBC raiding experience in WoW, so I imagine a PUG with random players who barely know English offered a very different experience.
Long story short, a proper group has little to worry about, and trying anything with PUGs is (and will always be) a Russian Roulette at best, regardless of class balance, IMO.

Still, the 50-minute res CD needs to go, it's a gamebreaker no matter how you look at it.

Edited by Reifnir, 19 April 2013 - 03:51 AM.

#31 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

@Flash2K6.

Do you have a Sorcerer to check if they implemented the Sorcerer nerf in KRO2? I've been hearing different things.

i have a magician to check those though i usually play with the translation pack but i can give you the current skill description. i already posted them in my thread here.

(iRO) Recovers HP equivalent to 7% Magic Power every 2 sec. for 10 sec. for all Party and Attack Squad members within a 10m range of the targeted area.
(kRO) 10초 동안 2초 마다 대상 주변의 10m 범위에 있는 모든 파티원 및 공격대원의 HP를 마법 공격력의 15% 만큼 회복시킨다.

so i really have no idea why some people say that it has been changed on kRO too. from what i can see all values are the sames except the % of Magic Attack which is only ~ 50% of the kRO value on seaRO / iRO.

#32 TKWizard

TKWizard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

I see.

So KRO2 only nerfed Magic attack for Sorcs and thats it. Interesting.

#33 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

I see.

So KRO2 only nerfed Magic attack for Sorcs and thats it. Interesting.

that's not what i wanted to say. i wanted to say that kRO still has 15% Magick Attack on Land of Recovery and seaRO / iRO has changed this to 7% which is 50% of the original value. So as far as i can see sorcs heven't been nerfed at all on kRO.

#34 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Someone make a thread for them to see, that we'd prefer keeping things like in the original kRO2 instead of going for seaRO2's custom changes! D:

#35 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

Sorcs get res too, and stop dieing so much.

#36 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

I would prefer the shorter cooldowns for res as well.

30 minutes seems a bit obnoxious.

Edited by Theoretical, 19 April 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#37 Sonnen

Sonnen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Not exactly.
While Warriors have good survivability, they completely lack any utility skills, namely - the Shield Fortress, which is extremely valuable in raid boss fights and almost completely irreplaceable in some Hard mode fights. One of the tanks in a 10-man raid is a Knight 99% of the time, the other one is chosen based on the fight.

Warriors are one of the best end game tanks, main or offtank. Their defender skill scales well as you get good equips. Knights are better as offtank because when they use Shield Fortress they might lose aggro of the boss which is bad for a main tank. Monks are the best main tanks in the game.

Anyways, 30 mins cd is too much. I hope the publisher will consider our suggestions to lower the CD.

Edited by Sonnen, 19 April 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#38 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

While we're at it, bring the potion cooldown back to 5 seconds too, and get rid of the Pandora crap. Please make the game be entirely like how it was on kRO2, the way it is now it's too stressful and broken. :p_swt:

Edited by Rozelle, 19 April 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#39 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

The idea behind the increased potion CD is to force you to buy Cash Shop potions in the endgame to use them in between normal potion CD

#40 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

I know what the point of all the changes are, but that doesn't make them less stupid. kRO2 still has a cash shop without all these mechanics, so it should stay that way.

#41 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

I know what the point of all the changes are, but that doesn't make them less stupid. kRO2 still has a cash shop without all these mechanics, so it should stay that way.

Agreed, why can't we mimic KRO2?
I havent had a chance to play with the in game mechanics of SEARO2 vs KRO2 but it sounds like we would be less pay to win with the KRO2 model.

#42 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

Yeah I recently logged into my kRO2 account to see what the cash shop had in it. It was mostly mounts, costumes, for-fun items, and a few helpful things, kind of similar to the RO1 cash shop.

#43 B3Izebub

B3Izebub

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Raid Boss Bugs (?) = Bye Bye :hmm:

#44 JinTran

JinTran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

Cooldown for rez i mean i wouldnt mind 5mins but 50mins that just over the top. Asiasoft made that move because the cash shop item. You can still make money without having to nerf the rez. The thing about Asiasoft they never even tested out how it would effect gameplay they simply just said "We are more advance then other countries RO2", Sounded like more advance in stealing RL money.

Now for the Super Large bag, either way i dont care if in cash or it droppable. if your gonna put it in cash shop dont put it for like 5bucks or more, i find it idiotic that on the ORIGINAL KRO2 it is a droppable item. and making cost more then what its really worth is beyond stupidity. Not to mention you shouldn't force us to pay RL cash for something that in the Khara system aka. Achivement, everything inside the Khara can be obtain without cash shop. EXCEPT SUPER LARGE BAG don't you find that dumb? KRO2 has this as droppable because it makes perfect sense, The mechanic for Khara is stuff you can achieve in game and be rewarded for it. not buy cash shop and be rewarded.

What would be the point for most of us NA player to come play WP, yea we are blocked on SEA but we didnt have to VPN to play i mean i live in cali and i didnt have to use VPN and i had 0 lag on the sea server. i mine aswell just go back to sea with my level 50knight and just pay for the stuff there. All WP is doing a mimic the same mistake Asiasoft is doing.

Edited by JinTran, 19 April 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#45 FallenWings

FallenWings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

There are a few possibilities I see

1. This is the direction the developers want to take the game. kRO2 is just afraid to implement these changes on their own server since that would kill off their remaining population of what...100? This would make Asiasoft out to be liars though since their CMs said these changes were put in place on their servers cause apparently SEA players are more "hardcore", but considering their reputation, I wouldn’t put it past them.

2. This is the build that iRO2 got sent. Assuming seaRO2 got all its fixes from the Korean devs, it would make sense that the latest build that was given to iRO2 had all the bug fixes seaRO2 encountered as well as the “custom” skill changes they put in. Hopefully this is the reason both servers are identical and that iRO2 can customize the game to fit their users.

3. iRO2 just doesn’t mind being cash shop based, and looking at the seaRO2 population, feel like these changes can still make a profitable game even if it does turn off potential customers.

Regardless of the reason, I’m not going to say all the changes are unreasonable, but the things like “3 Super Large Bag” khara quest, sends a pretty clear message, “you need cash shop to complete this game”. With the resurrection skills, the kRO 5-4-3 minute cooldown might make the game a little easy where it could be used multiple times during a fight, but having a 30 minute cooldown isn’t going to make people buy more spinels (which themselves have a 10 minute cooldown). Compromise and make it 30-20-10 minutes (or 15-10-5) so it can at least be used once per attempt rather than having groups wait for their rez cooldown to run up.

Hopefully there is some sort of response to this topic.

#46 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Yeah I recently logged into my kRO2 account to see what the cash shop had in it. It was mostly mounts, costumes, for-fun items, and a few helpful things, kind of similar to the RO1 cash shop.

What helpful items kRO2 do have?
And what gamechanging items seaRO2 do have? Can you give a list of them?

Edited by Lucentos, 19 April 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#47 TKWizard

TKWizard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

SeaRO2 has the following game changing items in the Kafra shop

Spinels
Super Large Bags
Much faster mounts than the basic Peco.

#48 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Actually, the whole Pandora thing is a very bad decision for this game as well. Graham Potions that add 3000 MAX HP for 60 minutes are easily one of the worst offenders when it comes to breaking the game balance, and the only way to get those is by opening Pandora Boxes with cash shop keys (unavailable via Mallets).

Edited by Reifnir, 19 April 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#49 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

SeaRO2 has the following game changing items in the Kafra shop

Spinels
Super Large Bags
Much faster mounts than the basic Peco.

What about Cash Shop potions and Karnium?

#50 TKWizard

TKWizard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Karnium can be sold to people..

Cash shop potions, is a maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic