[Instance Bug] Losing connection - Page 5 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Instance Bug] Losing connection

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#101 JiizusKryst

JiizusKryst

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

They don't care man. I doubt they will fix it. Haven't heard anything from them about it. lol They are cowarding in the dark being silent hoping no one sees them til this blows over. I think it is funny, they make a game yet can't handle the community's reactions when -_- doesn't get fixed or if it was and then is now broken. Their support is -_-. If you're going to have -_- support then make a flawless -_- game.
I probably speak for everyone, but I doubt anyone has heard anything from support about this issue. I have sent countless tickets and nothing but the auto reply -_- saying they will look it over blah blah -_- blah. I'm thinking about boycotting them now.....Such a disappointment. My friends and I are only giving this til next maintenance. If this isn't fixed, the 7 of us will take our USDs elsewhere that actually gives a -_- about their customers.

#102 brotacular

brotacular

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:II - ODIN

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

hey guys check this post out, Windows 8 Pro here with same problems, followed this guy's suggestion and my game hasn't bugged itself. I had to find the file on google since I couldn't find it in the folder. It's been 10+ min and i've been warping in and out of channels and RHD without blanking out. http://forums.warppo...ea-transitions/

UPDATE 1: 20+ min online, Warping in and out of channels and RHD and haven't bugged out using method in link. I can't wait for collo.

UPDATE 2: Just blanked out on me 25 min into testing ;_;

Edited by brotacular, 21 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#103 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

To the people raging about no acknowledgement, GMs don't care, etc etc: did you read the whole topic even?? Two GMs posted saying they are aware of the issue and trying to narrow down what's going on. Since it sounds like they don't have a machine with the problem, it makes them hard to reproduce it to track down what's going on.

#104 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

To the people raging about no acknowledgement, GMs don't care, etc etc: did you read the whole topic even?? Two GMs posted saying they are aware of the issue and trying to narrow down what's going on. Since it sounds like they don't have a machine with the problem, it makes them hard to reproduce it to track down what's going on.

Well as ive posted about 10 times now, this bug comes from RANDOM DUNGEON FINDER. It will allow you to warp into a dungeon you are to high\low for. You will then be bugged

Dont see why they cant recreate that

#105 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Well as ive posted about 10 times now, this bug comes from RANDOM DUNGEON FINDER. It will allow you to warp into a dungeon you are to high\low for. You will then be bugged

Dont see why they cant recreate that

Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean it happened to everyone, or that it's the cause.

There is no level limit on dungeons - I have returned to Wolf's Cave at level 50 to help guildies kill it. I've been to IC several times in my 40s, also to help people. As for the dungeon finder, I tried to use it once and was not teleported, but I could still talk to people and was fine after I left party (pre-colo patch). I've participated in colo at least once a day since it came out and only had blank world once, when I was in channel 1 and lagging to begin with. I haven't had an issue yet.

So, while it's great that you're trying to come up with reasons why this is happening, I don't think you've found it. If anything, Win8 being the problem is more likely, considering people have reported dual booting 7 and only having the issue with the same exact setup otherwise on 8.

#106 jonmd89

jonmd89

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I love how everyone spams they won't even recognize that they know that there is this issue... if any of you bothered to read anything on the forums and went to "Following issues are known" in bug reports then you would know that they do know about it...

http://forums.warppo...sues-are-known/

#107 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I see nothing on there about users using windows 8 and having lots of problems since colo patch or even a mention of the problems after colo patch.... and again as i have said before if a CM has responded somwhere about this specific problem please link me and i will gladly apologize for my language and for raging like the nooblet i am but untill then i stand my ground and wonder when the-_- i will hear anything about this problem that many people are having to go through since the patch ( if you mean dungeon finder that -_- never worked lmao)

#108 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean it happened to everyone, or that it's the cause.

There is no level limit on dungeons - I have returned to Wolf's Cave at level 50 to help guildies kill it. I've been to IC several times in my 40s, also to help people. As for the dungeon finder, I tried to use it once and was not teleported, but I could still talk to people and was fine after I left party (pre-colo patch). I've participated in colo at least once a day since it came out and only had blank world once, when I was in channel 1 and lagging to begin with. I haven't had an issue yet.

So, while it's great that you're trying to come up with reasons why this is happening, I don't think you've found it. If anything, Win8 being the problem is more likely, considering people have reported dual booting 7 and only having the issue with the same exact setup otherwise on 8.

I was refering to random dungeon queue, it DOES have a level limit on dungeons. I got thrown into a wolf cave at lvl 31 after doing 2 secret forest just fine. On the day of the patch.

Since then Ive had said bug

Edited by IItzNate, 21 May 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#109 6545121024093905283

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Game ran fine until latest patch. After the patch if I'm logged in for more then 10 minutes I will disconnect when transitioning any area. This is NOT the fault of the player's network connection. This is a fault with what ever you did to the game after that patch.

@jonmd89:

Sorry but this bug is not listed as known. Also the Devs on the various other RO 2 forums are ignoring this issue and are giving people the typical IT responses when it's clearly a wide spread issue that was caused by the Colosseum patch. They won't even ask for a log or a dxdiag.txt. They just tell you stupid things that are common sense like disabling firewall or making sure you have administrative control of your PC. This is what happens when you have a separate team of software engineers develop an engine and then a team of monkeys manipulate it. When they break something like this it will never get fixed because they are under qualified and the other team is long since gone onto a new project.

Edited by 6545121024093905283, 21 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#110 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Can't tell you how many freakin Colosseums I have missed out on because of this stupid bug.

Note: A GM did specifically tell me that they are aware of this issue. Hopefully this patch brings relief.

Edited by SwiftEdge, 21 May 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#111 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

I guess 100+replies and 3k views isn't enouigh to get an atleast hang in there we are trying to figure -_- out here.... -_- it a little over an hour till maint hopefully something gets fixed

#112 JiizusKryst

JiizusKryst

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

I won't hold my breath. I didn't see anything in the patch/maintenance that has anything to so with server realated issues. Mainly items in the item mall and stats on weapons....Because THAT is much more urgent to work on.....I'm curious on what petty-_- complained about some items when people have real issues. *Sigh* I will keep my fingers crossed, but I don't expect anything to be done about it for awhile....if ever. All I could say is thank god I haven't spent any money on this game. I'd be sooooo pissed to spend money and not have full content of the game due to bugs. Til this is fixed My money stays in my pocket, or to LoL.

@Brotacular
If you jump in and out of an instance and channels right when you log on it can take up to 20 mins. The test is log in do a full run load out, if you can then wait a minute and try to load back in. I have done very well running in and out over and over for 17mins. I doubt any fixes will come from anyone but the people changing client files since that is the issue.

I apologize, it wasn't there but it has been updated and they said, "Colosseum Crash Issue Update: .DMP Files submitted by players have been escalated to developers for further investigation. Crash Issue still in progress of investigation." Which I take it as no this maintenance will not fix anything due to the crashes/bugs we are having since the colo patch. They are looking into it though. I can and will say I am much happier seen this short statement. Hope the Devs jump right on it and fix this crash/bug.

Edited by JiizusKryst, 21 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#113 6545121024093905283

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Glad they finally recognized it as a problem, because it's a big problem.

#114 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Ok well I would like to formally apologize to CM and all the big shots up there... I am sorry XD *Pumps pent up rage into Looters for some cards*

#115 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Can anyone else still not dungeon/channel hop

#116 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

How do you get around the blank world for doing RHD???

#117 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

How do you get around the blank world for doing RHD???

Force quit the game. (Task manager) Immediately start it again, login, and then see if you're still in the party. If not, have to do it all over again with a new party.

As for colosseum... after it starts (DO NOT CLICK THE ICON), quit the game, immediately restart the game and then login / etc. then click the icon immediately before doing anything.

Edited by Iyeru, 21 May 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#118 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

ah ok cause sometimes it works for dungeon like that but sometimes the warp disspears

#119 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

ah ok cause sometimes it works for dungeon like that but sometimes the warp disspears

Click the warp so it forces you into a blank world. Don't do it manually. This will allow you to be ported to the portal of the dungeon.

#120 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

oh ok so i

1.) Warp
2.) Blank world
3.) Task end
4.) Relogin
5.) If in party woot woot pwn pwn G_G
6.) If not repeat process from task end

Edited by Baddiez, 21 May 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#121 bodr

bodr

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Not fixed today

#122 bodr

bodr

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

NEW, today im cant enter Coloseum, because coloseum not loading...

#123 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

This is at the top of our list on fixing.

We are also looking to implement more options for the Dungeon Finder.

There will not be a change before maintenance times, however, since the fix would require a patch.

#124 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

After waiting about a month since the last reply, here's what I got now.
Greetings,
We apologize for the delay in responding to this message. The issue does seem to be one Windows 8 players are experiencing. Have you tried to run the game using compatibility mode as it may run properly. If you find the problem is still there, please follow the instructions below and provide a DxDiag report.
Gathering Your DXDIAG Information
Click the Windows Button and type in dxdiag and hit enter to bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. In older versions of Windows, you may have to go Run... and enter dxdiag when prompted. This will bring up all the information about your machine.
Click Save All Information... and save the information to a .txt file.
We will be happy to submit the information to the development team for further investigation and a possible solution into this issue.

#125 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

After waiting about a month since the last reply, here's what I got now.
Greetings,
We apologize for the delay in responding to this message. The issue does seem to be one Windows 8 players are experiencing. Have you tried to run the game using compatibility mode as it may run properly. If you find the problem is still there, please follow the instructions below and provide a DxDiag report.
Gathering Your DXDIAG Information
Click the Windows Button and type in dxdiag and hit enter to bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. In older versions of Windows, you may have to go Run... and enter dxdiag when prompted. This will bring up all the information about your machine.
Click Save All Information... and save the information to a .txt file.
We will be happy to submit the information to the development team for further investigation and a possible solution into this issue.

Putting it in compat mode for Windows 7 (or anything earlier) still does nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users