[Instance Bug] Losing connection - Page 6 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Instance Bug] Losing connection

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#126 crzyblue

crzyblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Putting it in compat mode for Windows 7 (or anything earlier) still does nothing.

oh I know... just at least its a response lol

#127 3112130503173544560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSantiago
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ORION

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

This is at the top of our list on fixing.

We are also looking to implement more options for the Dungeon Finder.

There will not be a change before maintenance times, however, since the fix would require a patch.

You guy's introduced this frikkin bug with the pre-colosseum or colosseum patch and can't be fix it fast? wth you guy's have monkey as developers?

#128 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

So anyone get this fixed or are yall stil -_- like me?? I only have 2 lvl 50's w.o gear no biggy WHO WOULD WANT TO DUNGEON OR RAID OR MAYBE EVEN DO COLO ON A LVL 50??? That's crazy talk man -.- ../..

#129 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

So anyone get this fixed or are yall stil -_- like me?? I only have 2 lvl 50's w.o gear no biggy WHO WOULD WANT TO DUNGEON OR RAID OR MAYBE EVEN DO COLO ON A LVL 50??? That's crazy talk man -.- ../..

Nope still not fixed with todays patch, absolute horse-_- really. They have known random dungeon finder was broken since day 1, random dungeon finder is the cause for our despawn bug!!

Really this needs to be fixed, hell if its not fixed by maint tomorrow I give up. Im sure many have already quit

Cant even play the game at 50 properly.

My normal RHD group:

1. Build group.
2. Have to relog because it took 40minutes to find a healer as there is only 1 effective heal class.
3. Get kicked if I lose leader upon rebooting the client, if not enjoy my rhd.
3b. Get kicked and or lose loot if I die after a boss kill because I have to relog to re-enter the dungeon

#130 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well what I do now is with a guildy we build our own party and from the very begining once they get in i tell them i dc before and after each dungeon if they don't like it then well-_- off... also to prevent the dc from dying you need someone to use leaves on you ( -_- gets expensive if you wipe often so get a good party and someone you trust to hold onto a stock of leaves for you) when you die just don't res outside wait for x person to come in and use the leaf it's still annoying as-_- tho....

#131 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

I mentioned this in another thread, but as this seems to be the 'main' one..

A few days ago, I fired up the client, but didn't log in (due to RL interference).
About 20 minutes later I sat down, entered my account and PW, and got a "cannot connect to server".

I tried this again a few times over the past few days, and it's consistent. After X minutes of running the client I can not connect to the server, or change channels/dungeon etc.

-> Whatever is happening is in the client, not in the servers (since it even happens when I never connect in the first place...)

#132 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

People who have the issue cannot utilize the "Logout" button either.

#133 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yeah i have the same thing with logout also

#134 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

same thing here! Using windows 8 64 bit

#135 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

any update if they are going to fix this -_- or not??

#136 Maltosier

Maltosier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I mentioned this in another thread, but as this seems to be the 'main' one..

A few days ago, I fired up the client, but didn't log in (due to RL interference).
About 20 minutes later I sat down, entered my account and PW, and got a "cannot connect to server".

I tried this again a few times over the past few days, and it's consistent. After X minutes of running the client I can not connect to the server, or change channels/dungeon etc.

-> Whatever is happening is in the client, not in the servers (since it even happens when I never connect in the first place...)

This is such a strange bug. But yeah, I have the exact same results on my Win8 64bit Pro.
also using Logout will lead to the same cannot connect to server issue.
: (

#137 Azraelo

Azraelo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

definitely continuing my problem I can not enter any dungeon, I bugg, crash, and when I walk in party logeo, and trying to enter the game in character crashea I do not know when that's solved, I can not just play dungeon and game with lag out of the dungeon, with the screen freeze me, but what I'm in aprty say I move and attack but I do not see that, and I am desconectandome or rather the server disconnects me

#138 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

Still have this problem after patch.
Windows 8 64bit here!

Start to becoming more and more incovenient as I go to dungeons more nowadays!

#139 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Yeah, guess I'm gonna take a break from this game until they got rid of this particular -_-roach of a bug.

I heard Path of Exile is good. And just as free.
Gonna try that.

Edit: Haha, so now c0ckroach is a "bad word", huh? xD

Edited by Atlessa, 06 June 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#140 4420130521144309797

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, this is really -_- annoying. I like this game a lot but this one bug is ruining it for me...

#141 Kingofcereal

Kingofcereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

I dunno about you guys, but I can now use the logout button when I get dropped from the server, at the point when I used to not be able to. They've got 1% of it fixed! :D ....I hate this bug so much, its one of the few things that may get me to quit this game.

#142 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I just downgrade my computer to windows 7 64 bit and everything work perfectly! =D

#143 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Some of my guildmates are starting to get it now somehow after the union patch, and almost all of them use Windows 7 (AmyKitty is one of the newbies to this issue.)

#144 MelvinFTW

MelvinFTW

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationJupiter
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

well... this issue started today for me.. never had any kind of trouble playing the game.. all of a sudden I can't switch channels nor enter dungeons...! the game even freeze selecting channels... and entering a dungeon is a miracle!

I have win 7 64.

PS: this wasn't happening to me after the latest game update.. could it be related to the latest hackshield update or something like that?

#145 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

it still happens after the Saturday patch. So whatever they fixed in disconnections, didn't work.

#146 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Could it be related to this little bugger?
-> http://forums.warppo...28#entry1382528

#147 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

Finally a topic almost similarly related to my own problem, save rather than endlessly wandering I'm disconnected and not just in instance runs, but anywhere from field to instances. As was said earlier by support that it was an ISP issue, I firmly disagree to this. I've been monitoring a constant traceroute to note for any latency spikes, which do not occur until after I start up my game client. In minutes ranging from 5 to 20 minutes, I would suddenly be disconnected and from monitoring both my desktop and my laptop (both being hosted by my router) it would show that there would be receive "Request timed out".

Now from monitoring from both my laptop and desktop through traceroute for several hours, I've really come to believe that the issue is definitely not ISP-based, and rather that the root of the problem maybe client-based. Except, I haven't had a single moderator to address my issue in the Technical Support forums of RO2. I'm just biding my time now, I think I'll go ahead and have myself a bit of LoL in the meantime.

How do I know its not ISP based? Consistency of latency when not playing the game and merely surfing. Latency would range from 13 to 36, but never a "Request Timed Out" in a consistency of 4-6 lines.

Edited by Cruorbaci, 11 June 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#148 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Smart man LoL is the way to go thats what i've been doing other than when i get to asked to powerlevel or rhd with guildies

#149 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

LoL is not an alternative. It is a competitive game on its own platform worth its recognition. :]

I've continued to observe my connectivity and I'm positively sure that the game client somehow affects the connectivity of one's internet connection. As stated when I mentioned that the "Request Timed Out" (low/no signal broadcast) would only appear when I play the game. Sure I would have a grace time of 5-20 minutes before my inevitable disconnection. To which I would see in my traceroute on both my laptop and desktop that there is a sudden loss of signal broadcast. I don't know what it is or what could be the possible factor which may be causing this sudden loss of connectivity. But I am very certain that ISP has nothing to do with these sudden disconnections. Even had a technical team from my ISP to come over to take a swig at this, net has been stable before AND after their visit.

#150 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

This may not be related to the topic at hand:

I'm also noticing, everytime I login (despite my disconnection issue, yes) that the server bars are pretty much on their low count. With Odin Channels ranging from 3 to 12(?) being at only 2 bars and with one significantly being lower than usual. Am I suspecting that a large base of the players maybe experiencing their own game client issues? If so, it makes me even more at ease knowing I may not be the only one experiencing issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users