Yet another Pay2Win ? - Page 12 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Yet another Pay2Win ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#276 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Think this topic should be simply put to rest. While there are continuous discussions, the same points and whines are being brought up simply worded by another individual.

If there is one thing that F2Ps did bring, it was the awareness that there are games out there that have great potential and have the ability to change or evolve the systems that makes today's games great. Through experience, we learn that some games literally require big investments and sometimes turn out to be who's got more money kind of mantra. The F2P games brought to us all today serve as great lessons to both companies and individuals as to what products to sell, what market to cater to, and the fallouts of poor oversight. RO2 like many other F2P MMOs bring items that are questionable on a Pay2Win concept and trend that very thin line of being labelled "money-hungry," ultimately we, the community of RO2 decide on how to support the game. Through money, through time, through volunteering we shape the market. Even if WarpPortal will dedicate to stopping gold sellers, hackers, and cheaters, to keep this environment in good terms, we must also do our part. If you truly enjoy the game and support it, you will find and discover multiple ways to contribute to the game.

#277 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Yet

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Invalid, you get one for free anyhow, and those Mount Boxes are tradeable, I bet.

There's a free one?
Without the "go and grow" event, or paying 10 zenny?
Please, do tell :rice:

#278 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

Even if you didnt say anything against the Terms of Service but only your opinion, it was still straight down negative and unproductive. For someone that leads and represents a big guild and wants it to be "professional" you should really work towars a better image even if it contradicts with your personality.

Edit: heres the quote from you:

I guess you didn't see what he said which than resulting into me responding.
I didn't know being a guild leader meant not being rude to anyone, if people go out of there way to say dumb stuff about the game than I just can't stop and stare and not do anything. Someone not willing to spend money on RO2 because he likes another game more? Shouldn't have the right to even post in this thread because he wouldn't contribute to anything in the first place. I find it actually mind boggling that this community knows already I'm a high figure in this game , so you assume I should treat people different. Than with 1 comment I get jumped on by 3-4 forumers.

These forums.. :p_sad:

I won't be spending money in RO2, because I enjoyed Lime Odyssey more.

Edited by OneLastDance, 30 April 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#279 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I guess you didn't see what he said which than resulting into me responding.
I didn't know being a guild leader meant not being rude to anyone, if people go out of there way to say dumb stuff about the game than I just can't stop and stare and not do anything. Someone not willing to spend money on RO2 because he likes another game more? Shouldn't have the right to even post in this thread because he wouldn't contribute to anything in the first place. I find it actually mind boggling that this community knows already I'm a high figure in this game , so you assume I should treat people different. Than with 1 comment I get jumped on by 3-4 forumers.

These forums.. :p_sad:

Oh god, you really are simpleminded. Listen, youre not a "high figure" in this game, actually i even think youre still quite the kid inside your head if you think that way.
"I find it actually mind boggling that this community KNOWS already I'm a HIGH FIGURE in this game"...This statement of yours really got me laughing.
Sure he said negative things but you, that preaches about being Role Models for the community to your Guild members and then acting so contraproductive is something you just cannot do. In the end, you dont have to treat people differently but with respect. If you really doesnt realize this and stop thinking that your some kind of bigshot, then i cant really do much about it. I just feel sorry for you.

#280 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Oh god, you really are simpleminded. Listen, youre not a "high figure" in this game, actually i even think youre still quite the kid inside your head if you think that way.
"I find it actually mind boggling that this community KNOWS already I'm a HIGH FIGURE in this game"...This statement of yours really got me laughing.
Sure he said negative things but you, that preaches about being Role Models for the community to your Guild members and then acting so contraproductive is something you just cannot do. In the end, you dont have to treat people differently but with respect. If you really doesnt realize this and stop thinking that your some kind of bigshot, then i cant really do much about it. I just feel sorry for you.

Than why must you state that I'm a guild leader, I obviously never meant as in I'm the best.
It's funny how you changed the topic because you thought I meant something else.
I have no need to argue with you because there's simple no need and it'll result to nowhere.

In the end, you dont have to treat people differently but with respect. If they have no respect for the game why would I give them respect.
I want to see this game grow into a beautiful flower not rot away with beetles. Negative attitudes is what lead to this.

Edited by OneLastDance, 30 April 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#281 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Than why must you state that I'm a guild leader, I obviously never meant as in I'm the best.
It's funny how you changed the topic because you thought I meant something else.
I have no need to argue with you because there's simple no need and it'll result to nowhere.

In the end, you dont have to treat people differently but with respect. If they have no respect for the game why would I give them respect.
I want to see this game grow into a beautiful flower not rot away with beetles. Negative attitudes is what lead to this.

Okay, honestly, im runnign into a wall here. You just dont get it that youre here at fault as much as the other guy you resonded to. Even if youre not the best guild leader, if you tell others to act as role models for the community you should do so yourself. Or else theres no meaning in it.

And wow, saying stuff like "if they have no respect for the game why would i give them respect" really shows that youre immature in your head. In the end its a GAME and just because someone doesnt like it, doesnt mean you should not show respect towards them. Im still sitting here arguing with you and pointing out your mistakes and but i still show respect to you because youre a fellow human being, just like me. Even if I say facts like youre still immature, i do so only because you are and i wish you would change it. But change is difficult, me too was once pretty simpleminded and mistreated others, but at some point you just mature. Its just a matter of time and situation you find yourself in.

Phew, that being said, i still wish you good luck with your guild because i like it the way you build it up and i sure want to see it flourish, because you got some interesting people in there. That being said, i do not wish to argue with you anymore, I just wanted to point out your flaws, and sometimes everyone have to accept it that they have been wrong.

#282 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Okay, honestly, im runnign into a wall here. You just dont get it that youre here at fault as much as the other guy you resonded to. Even if youre not the best guild leader, if you tell others to act as role models for the community you should do so yourself. Or else theres no meaning in it.

And wow, saying stuff like "if they have no respect for the game why would i give them respect" really shows that youre immature in your head. In the end its a GAME and just because someone doesnt like it, doesnt mean you should not show respect towards them. Im still sitting here arguing with you and pointing out your mistakes and but i still show respect to you because youre a fellow human being, just like me. Even if I say facts like youre still immature, i do so only because you are and i wish you would change it. But change is difficult, me too was once pretty simpleminded and mistreated others, but at some point you just mature. Its just a matter of time and situation you find yourself in.

Phew, that being said, i still wish you good luck with your guild because i like it the way you build it up and i sure want to see it flourish, because you got some interesting people in there. That being said, i do not wish to argue with you anymore, I just wanted to point out your flaws, and sometimes everyone have to accept it that they have been wrong.

Actually. I have to agree with god on this one. Why is that person comming into the forums complaining about p2w when he openly admits he doesn't like the game and would rather play lime odyssey. He shouldn't even be here posting negative comments, it only hurts the game. If you don't like it, move On. Don't waste time trying to make other people not like it also...

Edited by Viiolent, 30 April 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#283 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Everyone has Freedom of expression, and no one should be allowed to tell someone what to do over their freedom of expression, if people have their negative opinions let them say it, be it positive or negative, people do not bind others to not being able to express what they wish to express, if they have something to say then they can say it, it's freedom of expression, and i love that people express their opinions just as much, but respect is what everyone has for each other it is up to you who you respect, it's their freedom of expression to use, and I'm only clarifying this, because I'm not liking the negativity, i respect EVERY and ALL individuals within the forum, groups and all, even if they have negative opinions, it is their freedom to say what they will, no one is right or wrong here. but honestly people can express what they will. be it negative or positive

Freedom of Speech, Expression & Respect for others~ <3

Thank you for reading <3

Edited by AmiiMii, 30 April 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#284 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

There's a free one?
Without the "go and grow" event, or paying 10 zenny?
Please, do tell :rice:

10 Zenny is pretty close to free. XD

Side Note, this is the internet, Warpportal HQ, etc, your constitution/rights do not apply here. That is all.

Edited by ODKN, 30 April 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#285 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Actually, freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. But there is a time and a place for it. Posting negative posts trying to dissuade poeple from playing, before they even get a chance to play... How is this correct? It's spreading propaganda and nonsense. This is a regulated forum, posting such comments should result in a ban IMO. Do you think it's good for the game?

#286 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Everyone has Freedom of expression, and no one should be allowed to tell someone what to do over their freedom of expression, if people have their negative opinions let them say it, be it positive or negative, people do not bind others to not being able to express what they wish to express, if they have something to say then they can say it, it's freedom of expression, and i love that people express their opinions just as much, but respect is what everyone has for each other it is up to you who you respect, it's their freedom of expression to use, and I'm only clarifying this, because I'm not liking the negativity, i respect EVERY and ALL individuals within the forum, groups and all, even if they have negative opinions, it is their freedom to say what they will, no one is right or wrong here. but honestly people can express what they will. be it negative or positive

Freedom of Speech, Expression & Respect for others~ <3

Thank you for reading <3

I could not agree more with you on this but its not always that simple. In the end, if youre running a Guild you have to take responsibility about what you are saying and what not. Even if its just a game, you still represent alot of people. And i like the Earl Grey guild, so i just tried to be constructive, even if i was maybe abit too harsh... m(_ _;;m

#287 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Actually, freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. But there is a time and a place for it. Posting negative posts trying to dissuade poeple from playing, before they even get a chance to play... How is this correct? It's spreading propaganda and nonsense. This is a regulated forum, posting such comments should result in a ban IMO. Do you think it's good for the game?

It would be violating their rights to their freedom of speech
And if the person is violating rules or causing trouble, i don't simply respond to them, they will take a negative approach which can lead to them getting in trouble on their own accord, and by the person responding to the person who's causing trouble, it'll only just chain the problem to the next person since the person who responds approaches with a negative comment will find themselves in trouble by approaching with a negative comment,the last thing i need to see is people being so negative about each other =(, i just want this to end it's getting out of hand >:

Edited by AmiiMii, 30 April 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#288 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

There is no right to freedom of speech on a private or public forum on the Internet. This belongs to gravity and they can ban anyone for any reason. Spreading propaganda and trying to get people to hate the game so that it fails is grounds for treason. They create accounts here for the sole purpose of making this game fail. These trolls shouldn't be here, you know it and I know it. Negative posts ruin games. Imagine a new player interested in the game, they go to the forums and are instantly bombarded with negative posts, they will be out the door before they even gave it a chance.

Edited by Viiolent, 30 April 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#289 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

The reason why Lime Odyssey was made in the first place is because a small group of developers broke off of gravity because they didn't like the direction Ragnarok Online 2 was going. The reason why I don't like Ragnarok Online 2 is pretty simple. It's not because the lack of graphics, or anything like that. It's a fault of the publisher, not the developer. If that was corrected, I would like it a lot more, maybe not as much as Lime Odyssey, but it may have been enough to contribute to the game with at least some real money.

But until VIP service has its whole extra stats thing removed, as well as kafra costumes having slots, among other nit-picking things, I'm just not going to bother. Sure, I could just, "Not buy" those things, yes. But Then I'd still have to listen to people complain on the for--Oh, I could just never come on the forums.

Maybe that's what I don't like about MMORPGs? The communities and the drama they produce, like the drama in this thread. You could've just ignored my post, but no, you had to prod it. People like you need drama to survive.

Edited by Iyeru, 30 April 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#290 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Why don't you just go away?

#291 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

The reason why Lime Odyssey was made in the first place is because a small group of developers broke off of gravity because they didn't like the direction Ragnarok Online 2 was going. The reason why I don't like Ragnarok Online 2 is pretty simple. It's not because the lack of graphics, or anything like that. It's a fault of the publisher, not the developer. If that was corrected, I would like it a lot more, maybe not as much as Lime Odyssey, but it may have been enough to contribute to the game with at least some real money.

But until VIP service has its whole extra stats thing removed, as well as kafra costumes having slots, among other nit-picking things, I'm just not going to bother. Sure, I could just, "Not buy" those things, yes. But Then I'd still have to listen to people complain on the for--Oh, I could just never come on the forums.

Maybe that's what I don't like about MMORPGs? The communities and the drama they produce, like the drama in this thread. You could've just ignored my post, but no, you had to prod it. People like you need drama to survive.

You have *zero* idea of what is going to be in the LO Cash Shop, if it ever gets relaunched. Knowing AG, it's going to be very in your face... So yeah, stop complaining and saying how awesome something is when it's not released.

Edited by ODKN, 30 April 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#292 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

You have *zero* idea of what ia going to be in the LO Cash Shop, if it ever gets relaunched. Knowing AG, it's going to be very in your face...

I have a feeling, yes. But even if I came back here, I'd still have that same problem. Hell, even some buy to play and pay to play MMORPGs have some pay2win elements. For instance, in Guild Wars 2, I can convert real money directly to in-game money. So, pay to win. Same with Perfect World International.

Edited by Iyeru, 30 April 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#293 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have a feeling, yes. But even if I came back here, I'd still have that same problem. Hell, even some buy to play and pay to play MMORPGs have some pay2win elements. For instance, in Guild Wars 2, I can convert real money directly to in-game money. So, pay to win. Same with Perfect World International.

The lesser of two evils, take it or leave it. XD

#294 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

The lesser of two evils, take it or leave it. XD

At the end of the day, everything is pay2win. I don't care about PVP. So, you know what? I don't care anymore. You win. You get a handshake.

Edited by Iyeru, 30 April 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#295 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

At the end of the day, everything is pay2win. I don't care about PVP. So, you know what? I don't care anymore. You win. You get a handshake.

Or play RO2. Heh...

#296 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Or play RO2. Heh...

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Edited by Iyeru, 30 April 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#297 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Or play RO2. Heh...

...or PSO2

#298 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

If you think GW2 is pay2win because you can convert money to ingame gold, you don't know anything about GW2.

#299 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

If you think GW2 is pay2win because you can convert money to ingame gold, you don't know anything about GW2.

No, I don't. I don't care. :P

#300 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

No, I don't. I don't care. :P

Okay then. I wish you well in all your future ignorant endeavors!

Edited by Furin, 30 April 2013 - 08:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users