SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

I do have an actual on topic thing. Some RPGs/MMORPGs I've played actually have secret benefits to being male or female. Certain skills/stats are better if you pick one or the other and a certain class. [Skyrim for example] Does this apply here?

#28 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

INb4: GIRLS.
Guys in real life comments.
I await it! >:|

I beetchoo too eet ufufu

#29 DeviousX13

DeviousX13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Nope.

<Snip>

Edit: Even if it's hidden in a spoiler tag, word filter bypass via images is a nono.

Rule 30. There are no girls on the Internet.

Just for clarification. Rule #31 is not allowed here.

And yeah Rule 25 has proven true.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 24 April 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#30 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Rule 30. There are no girls on the Internet.

Just for clarification. Rule #31 is not allowed here.

And yeah Rule 25 has proven true.

If someones goes for Rule 31, I will laugh and then report. xD

#31 DeviousX13

DeviousX13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

If someones goes for Rule 31, I will laugh and then report. xD

That's why I wanted to clarify the rule I was quoting, to avoid confusion and reports. XD

Anyway, I'm just glad that people are going to play Ro2 because I really enjoyed the beta.

May 1st can't come soon enough >.<

Anyway, night all, I gotta get up early.

#32 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

27 year old female gamer here. :> I like to play games in between designing them, especially those with a heavy asian/manga-influence in style. My favourite genre is sci-fi/fantasy mix, but I like modern themed games if the storyline is nice. I prefer offline games to online ones and I prefer 2D and 2.5D to 3D, but do not exclude games just because of graphics. I'm more into story, gameplay, and (if online) community. There are not many girl gamers in my local area, and most all of my friends are male. XD Sooo yep.

I also tend to play both genders in games depending on the game itself. I also always try to make my female characters look like me the best I can with options given if character customisation is part of the game.

Edited by GlumshanksGirl, 24 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#33 RailChild

RailChild

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah. Gamer girls!

Posted Image

#34 yuaki123

yuaki123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Nice to see fellow female players XD. But it's funny yet creepy sometimes when random people just asked whether you are a real girl or not, and if you say yes, they immediately asking for your FB and such '-'! But really, yay for girl gamers \^O^/

#35 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Yeah. Gamer girls!

Posted Image

Ohai to you too!

#36 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Nope.

<Snip>

Edit: Even if it's hidden in a spoiler tag, word filter bypass via images is a nono.

Sorry D: I didn't realize. Isn't this what they call night blogging or posting? xD But a good suggestion would be a 16+ section, but that'll never work.

#37 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm a female as well. I'm more of a casual gamer though. As to yuaki123's comment... Yeah I hate when people ask if you're a real girl and when you tell them you are they ask for photographic evidence. I don't want to send my picture or fb profile to some random stranger just to "prove" that I'm a female. |:

#38 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Using your feminine wilds to get more people to join! D: That's just so..That's just soo..

Clever. :no1:

A FF fan
?
Kain. <3
My luff. ;v;

#39 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm a female as well. I'm more of a casual gamer though. As to yuaki123's comment... Yeah I hate when people ask if you're a real girl and when you tell them you are they ask for photographic evidence. I don't want to send my picture or fb profile to some random stranger just to "prove" that I'm a female. |:

I hate that too. I really don't think that the percentage of males lying about being female is as high as it used to be. Most are actually male or state they play female characters like bold, brave men. <.<

#40 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

My pictures are already all over internet since I sing and such *and these bands I am in are always putting our faces on album covers....ALWAYS...no creativity smh* xD;; so I have no shame showing my face.

#41 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

A FF fan
?
Kain. <3
My luff. ;v;

Always<3 Whenever you need me! ;D

I hate that too. I really don't think that the percentage of males lying about being female is as high as it used to be. Most are actually male or state they play female characters like bold, brave men. <.<

Lol at this. But I have heard guys I know that play female characters have told me the main reason they play female instead of male, is because they said "Why would I want to stare a dude's backside running around all day, or rather stare at a guy all day. I would much rather sit for hours and play a game looking at girl running around." Now in a sense I can see slightly what he was getting at but at the same time, he worded his reason a bit weirdly. But eh, to each their own.

#42 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Lol, sometimes when people ask me if I'm a girl or guy, I will tell them I'm a guy. Then I'll proceed to troll about all the ladies I get and how large my...you know is.

#43 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Using your feminine wilds to get more people to join! D: That's just so..That's just soo..

Clever. :no1:

Haha, why thank you! :lv:

#44 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

So HelVerdandi, when are we getting more RO-type hairstyles for our characters? (Since this is a girl thread after all.)

I do have an actual on topic thing. Some RPGs/MMORPGs I've played actually have secret benefits to being male or female. Certain skills/stats are better if you pick one or the other and a certain class. [Skyrim for example] Does this apply here?

Only if you play a Bard or Dancer in RO. No such gender distinction on RO2. (At least, I hope not in the future.)

#45 IAmOfficerNasty

IAmOfficerNasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Lol, sometimes when people ask me if I'm a girl or guy, I will tell them I'm a guy. Then I'll proceed to troll about all the ladies I get and how large my...you know is.

Some guy kept hitting on me and asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend. I play female characters. :/

#46 yuaki123

yuaki123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

The guild I was back in SEA servers has a lot of female avatars, but....after talking to them and knowing them, 3/4 of them are male '-' They said the main reason they chose to play as a girl was because it made people wanna help them more. Personal experience, I went to a raid and there was this girl who lied about her HP, but when the Leader found out, he said that he hated liars, but since she was a girl, he wouldn't kick her out of the raid. So i guess, nowadays, you tend to see girl chars running around, but not even half of them are real girls. Not to mention girls that playing as male avatars.

#47 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Oh I hope that's the case now. I still remember a few years back my good friend married a female gunslinger in RO1... Only to find out a week later that he'd been lying to us this whole time and was actually a guy. Needless to say, my friend was absolutely devastated.

My pictures are already all over internet since I sing and such *and these bands I am in are always putting our faces on album covers....ALWAYS...no creativity smh* xD;; so I have no shame showing my face.

Hm I have a few pics of me floating about the internets since I'm a cosplayer and all but still... I don't like having to prove to others that I'm a girl. Just take my word for it! Y'know?

I used to do that too! And hey, since your guild has a lot of females... Maybe you should do that more often and gain ultimate pimp status. ;3

#48 Vashh

Vashh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOn the Clouds

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Guys,Girls,Aliens,Cats, who cares, a lot of people only wants to play and have fun.

#49 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

But, but, but I am allergic to cats >:

So lets have roaches play instead <33333 *wubz roachies*

#50 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Guys,Girls,Aliens,Cats, who cares, a lot of people only wants to play and have fun.

I'm just going to squee over your icon. Twilight Princess is the ONLY Zelda I have ever beat. I sold Skyward Sword before I beat the last boss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users