498 replies to this topic

#101 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

I have to say that I honestly haven't encountered guys that pestered me because I'm a girl in the few MMOs I've played. My mannerisms/way of chatting are girly enough that most of the time they guess my gender before I tell them. When they do find out for certain that I'm a girl I've never been teased or harassed. Sure sometimes my friends would joke around, but they were really good friends, I was the only active girl in the guild, and I knew they didn't mean any offense. I know the whole "girl gamer" thing is a problem though but despite it I've never experienced it first-hand, or if I have, it was such a forgettable incident.

#102 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

#103 SeiverDamross

SeiverDamross

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

i remember at teh dawn of time (Halo1) i was in a clan and the leaders wife played with us.... and you did what you were told or she reemed you >.> girl gamers have and will always be here.

more power to the ladys

/bow /brofist

#104 omomom

omomom

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

harro harro is this were all the bewbs are ? *O*

LF GUILD! xD

/jk

looking forward to lols in game...

#105 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

i remember at teh dawn of time (Halo1) i was in a clan and the leaders wife played with us.... and you did what you were told or she reemed you >.> girl gamers have and will always be here.

more power to the ladys

/bow /brofist

Does Runescape predate Halo? [Srsly dunno] I used to play that. I tried mroe recently and was seriously still turned off by ut. Improved graphics and such, but still boring beyond belief.

#106 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

*This is a parody don't get your boxers in a twist boys
*Warning for profanity and dirty jokes.

Edited by Faolain, 25 April 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#107 LilianaTrouble

LilianaTrouble

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hello ladies and hello gentlemen as well. I'm too old to be a girl gamer, but I am a female gamer and very excited to be playing with you all! I played RO long ago, my main focus was also headgear collecting. I played with my husband and I'll try to get him to play RO2 as well if he can find the time. I play mostly support roles...because that is what I like. I also enjoy damage roles but I stay away from tanking, it's just safer for all of us that way. Anyway, looking forward to meeting some fun people in game. See you all May 1st!

#108 Lunabay

Lunabay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Does Runescape predate Halo? [Srsly dunno] I used to play that. I tried mroe recently and was seriously still turned off by ut. Improved graphics and such, but still boring beyond belief.

I know how you feel. I loved Runescape, tho I only played from 2002-2005. Those were the days.

One time my little sister decided to join me, and made a char to lvl 20. A lvl 40 tried talking her into going into the wilderness with him. I was in the other room, and I told her "go ahead" and followed secretly with my lvl 55. >:3 He initiated a fight of course, and I ganked him. XD We split his loot. Best Runescape moment. <3

#109 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

I know how you feel. I loved Runescape, tho I only played from 2002-2005. Those were the days.

One time my little sister decided to join me, and made a char to lvl 20. A lvl 40 tried talking her into going into the wilderness with him. I was in the other room, and I told her "go ahead" and followed secretly with my lvl 55. >:3 He initiated a fight of course, and I ganked him. XD We split his loot. Best Runescape moment. <3

Best story right here.

#110 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hi there...I, too, am a bit old to be called a girl gamer; especially since my teenage sons also play iRO, and will play RO2, along with my husband. My husband and I have been online gaming since 2001, beta-testing and playing many different games throughout the years. We are so looking forward to this game. The younger son even got my mom to register...she didn't participate in beta; but he'll get her set up for the game this weekend (he hopes). So, yeah....I'll be 43 soon, Nana is 64....two more females in the RO2 population here. :p_hi:

#111 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Sorry, having a fangirl moment right now.

#112 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpdAcwCaCNQ

That was great! You made my morning! :p_laugh:

#113 KarilynKare

KarilynKare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=FpdAcwCaCNQ

Too much Blood Elf screentime, not enough Tauren screentime. I'm okay with the Troll's screentime.

Female Tauren Warrior. Rocking my Bulwark.

No orc or foresaken. How sad. I only met one female orc in my entire history of WoW, and she was my guild leader for a time. Warrior like me. She was hot. It's totally not creepy for me to say that because we were both lesbians? Okay wait I guess it's still creepy.

Edited by KarilynKare, 25 April 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#114 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Too much Blood Elf screentime, not enough Tauren screentime. I'm okay with the Troll's screentime.

Female Tauren Warrior. Rocking my Bulwark.

No orc or foresaken. How sad. I only met one female orc in my entire history of WoW, and she was my guild leader for a time. Warrior like me. She was hot. It's totally not creepy for me to say that because we were both lesbians? Okay wait I guess it's still creepy.

As a fellow lesbian I'm gonna say no because being a woman is weird anyway because half the time when I chat with other ladies I don't know whether I want to be them or be on them I think it's normal as long as you're not being rude about it.

Warriors are cool, the main tank in my guild was a lady warrior for awhile, troll though. I play a hunter and s.priest mostly these days, although I've got a ret paladin and fire mage.
Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm attracted to someone or just need to pee.

#115 omomom

omomom

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

Very interesting sig you have Morlord, would've put picasso's paintings into shady corner.. C:

Moar powa to the bewbs ! that's right \o\ /o/ \o\ .

Have met a bunch of gal gamers, sadly not that many with enough of "tweet" ;V to make it feel entertaining ..

Ahhh... 6 days to go, hope they won't have any delays , do your best team WP !

#116 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

#117 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

I have to say that I honestly haven't encountered guys that pestered me because I'm a girl in the few MMOs I've played. My mannerisms/way of chatting are girly enough that most of the time they guess my gender before I tell them. When they do find out for certain that I'm a girl I've never been teased or harassed. Sure sometimes my friends would joke around, but they were really good friends, I was the only active girl in the guild, and I knew they didn't mean any offense. I know the whole "girl gamer" thing is a problem though but despite it I've never experienced it first-hand, or if I have, it was such a forgettable incident.

Consider yourself lucky. I've had several guys hit on me and harass me over the years because I'm a girl. And it's not like I flaunt it around in game or use it to try to get free things. For example, this past Thurs in GW2 this guy whispered me and was being very creepy, asking me if I would date him or w/e. Despite me telling him about my bf I so dearly love, he wouldn't quit. Then I found out that he was the same guildie who had been harassing me previously and got kicked out of the guild because of it. He kept saying how beautiful my voice was and how he couldn't get it out of his head. I ended up blocking him again, but I'm sure he'll find some other way to talk to me again. -_-;

#118 KarilynKare

KarilynKare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Consider yourself lucky. I've had several guys hit on me and harass me over the years because I'm a girl. And it's not like I flaunt it around in game or use it to try to get free things. For example, this past Thurs in GW2 this guy whispered me and was being very creepy, asking me if I would date him or w/e. Despite me telling him about my bf I so dearly love, he wouldn't quit. Then I found out that he was the same guildie who had been harassing me previously and got kicked out of the guild because of it. He kept saying how beautiful my voice was and how he couldn't get it out of his head. I ended up blocking him again, but I'm sure he'll find some other way to talk to me again. -_-;

Good job using the ignore button. <3

I would've hit the ignore button the instant he said one more word after I told him I was dating someone else. And I probably would've used a lot of language which WarpPortal's word filter doesn't appreciate me using. But you still did good. When in doubt I solve problems the old fashioned way. IE:

Posted Image

Edited by KarilynKare, 25 April 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#119 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

KarilynKare is now hottest person in this topic.

#120 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Good job using the ignore button. <3

I would've hit the ignore button the instant he said one more word after I told him I was dating someone else. And I probably would've used a lot of language which WarpPortal's word filter doesn't appreciate me using. But you still did good. When in doubt I solve problems the old fashioned way. IE:

Posted Image

Yeah I probably would have done it sooner, but he clearly knew me so I was talking in mumble with my guild, trying to figure out who he was. Then once I did, he was out.
Oh and then a guildie went on another character and started sending me similar msgs. I was like "who the heck is this guy? His name is xxxxxx and his account name is cutler... WTF GOSH DARNIT CUTLER!"
Of course, not in those words. :P

#121 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Woo, go girls~! :D I've also found that RO tends to have a lot of us. Fun times~

..the moment I logged into beta, I was spammed with people looking for female players to play with, using skype. Made me laugh quite a bit. There will always be those stereotypic guys around, thinking girls are magical unicorns of the internet. Luckily, they are quite the minority.. they just tend to be vocal enough to leave a lasting impression.

#122 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

Woo, go girls~! :D I've also found that RO tends to have a lot of us. Fun times~

..the moment I logged into beta, I was spammed with people looking for female players to play with, using skype. Made me laugh quite a bit. There will always be those stereotypic guys around, thinking girls are magical unicorns of the internet. Luckily, they are quite the minority.. they just tend to be vocal enough to leave a lasting impression.

But we ARE the magical unicorns of the internet.

#123 KarilynKare

KarilynKare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

KarilynKare is now hottest person in this topic.

But I was busy thinking that you were the hottest person in this topic.

Edited by KarilynKare, 25 April 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#124 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

I was busy thinking that you were the hottest person in this topic.

nooo wayy socially awkward recluse hahaha ur kidding right

Edited by Faolain, 25 April 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#125 KarilynKare

KarilynKare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

nooo wayy socially awkward recluse hahaha ur kidding right

No seriously. Oh god don't kill me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users