Boot Camp: A guide for building a Gunslinger - Page 2 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Boot Camp: A guide for building a Gunslinger

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

i already got it the underpants pair, but does it worth to replace eden armor w/ +3 agi and +3 dex plus eden manteau w/ +18 def?

#27 Fluffyninja

Fluffyninja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well, that depends on your play style. For me, I generally find the 10 Flee + 5 Agi bonus from the undershirt combo is good for an agility based GS since we are lacking in flee. We don't get a passive bonus flee skill like Thieves and Monks do. So IMO, every flee from equipment counts in order to get closer for the 95% dodge. I find the higher def + HP & SP + HP & SP Regen + Neutral Tolerance from Eden equipment more suited for a Vit based Gunslinger. 

Edited by Fluffyninja, 24 November 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#28 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

The Flee lack will be reedemeed at Rebellion by drastic increase of coin gathering by Rich Coin. This will allow you to utilise Gunslinger panic at almost all times.

#29 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well, that depends on your play style. For me, I generally find the 10 Flee + 5 Agi bonus from the undershirt combo is good for an agility based GS since we are lacking in flee. We don't get a passive bonus flee skill like Thieves and Monks do. So IMO, every flee from equipment counts in order to get closer for the 95% dodge. I find the higher def + HP & SP + HP & SP Regen + Neutral Tolerance from Eden equipment more suited for a Vit based Gunslinger. 

Eden Manteau gives +12 Flee along with 10% neutral reduction. You can also get agi +4 on it if you keep bugging Thorn.

Heck, the wiki says we can get Flee enchants there too, but I haven't gotten any. All I've got are stats, def, and mdef enchants.

You can get agi +4 in Eden Armor too.

So assuming you settle with Agi enchants with Eden Armor+Manteau, you can achieve:

+8 Agi

10% neutral reduction

12 Flee

500 hp

50 sp

+ 1 Dex, Str, Int

That beats the pantie+underpants.

#30 Fluffyninja

Fluffyninja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Eden Manteau gives +12 Flee along with 10% neutral reduction. You can also get agi +4 on it if you keep bugging Thorn.

Heck, the wiki says we can get Flee enchants there too, but I haven't gotten any. All I've got are stats, def, and mdef enchants.

You can get agi +4 in Eden Armor too.

So assuming you settle with Agi enchants with Eden Armor+Manteau, you can achieve:

+8 Agi

10% neutral reduction

12 Flee

500 hp

50 sp

+ 1 Dex, Str, Int

That beats the pantie+underpants.

It gives flee? Man, I don't remember that. 

Edited by Fluffyninja, 24 November 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#31 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

As an AGI/DEX ASPD GS, what footgear should I use?

And if I got 2 GG Cards on both accessories, will I get 0.4% chance to gain coin?

Thanks in advance.

#32 Renko

Renko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Classic

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

GG cards ... not good enough for the use of accesories slots ;<

if your gs is a DPS character use something that autocast... like owl duke/baron set

#33 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

A pair of greatest general cards aren't worth your zeny. Even with one card it's a long time before you can gain a coin from it. Autocast would be good to use in this case, like a Gazeti, Baby Hatii, or Wind Ghost card. The Owl duke/baron combo is good too. Footgear-wise, there's nothing wrong with Eden boots, especially if you get Blacksmith Thorn to enchant them.

#34 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Owl set sure is good then :) Idk about Thorn, buying a lot of used iron plates seems a lot of money too :( Shame it can't be made by smiths...

My GS is already at 99/70, all stat resetted by Santa, and patiently waiting for iRO's Rebellion :V Rebellion really buffs GS, as pistol user can omit those fever points just to get last stand, and get its replacement instead. And rich's coin? Hell, GG card is not necessary anymore.

#35 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

If you want to get used iron plates, you can always go to Einbech's mine dungeon and hunt Waste Stoves.

All of us are waiting on Rebellion. I really can't wait for the new gatling skills. Fire rain looks like a good leveling skill to have for my build.

#36 nokia520g

nokia520g

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well i don't know why but nobody posted the fact that the earth deleter card+desesperado don't work together (i tried myself and get a big surprise when i see that) even that the wiki say's it does and i even posted a ticket about it but the answer was not one of the best but if anyone could please try again and see of that change i would apreciate.

#37 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Well i don't know why but nobody posted the fact that the earth deleter card+desesperado don't work together (i tried myself and get a big surprise when i see that) even that the wiki say's it does and i even posted a ticket about it but the answer was not one of the best but if anyone could please try again and see of that change i would apreciate.

Thanks for the info. I will correct that portion of the guide right away. My guess is that it must be old mechanics involved and an outdated wiki.

#38 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

from http://irowiki.org/wiki/Desperado

This skill is treated as a ranged attack.

Oops nvm, the Gunslinger main page(http://irowiki.org/wiki/Gunslinger) says Earth Deleter works. Someone needs to change that. 

Edited by Rotine, 13 January 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#39 nokia520g

nokia520g

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

Wow that message "iRO Wiki is currently running a Donation Drive for the fall." means that the site is dying :p_omg:  ?

#40 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Not at all. It just costs money to host the website, wiki, databases, etc. And that post was made in 2007, so they've been doing donation drives for a while. :)

Edited by aikokun, 15 January 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#41 Renko

Renko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

I finally make the experiment of a GS shotgun/grenade (build that I post before) and fighting mobs with a gate keeper DD in melee range DPS with Alicel doll (or dropping alicel) is addictive ~ (although I drink cond. whites a lot ;<)

I want to use eternal chain now!!

Edited by Renko, 08 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#42 inujisan

inujisan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

oh, so deleter cards don't work anymore now. Well, that's one thing to knock off the list.

#43 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

It has been more than 1 year now since this thread started... And we still dont get the Rebellion update... :pif:

Well today something crossed into my mind, will there be an update on the ammunition? Let say an Armor-Piercing rounds(AP), APCR, HVAP etc.

Must be fun shooting pea-sized Ice Pick in PVP and dealing 50k damage with Full Blast on RG/RK :p_devil:

#44 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

It has been more than 1 year now since this thread started... And we still dont get the Rebellion update... :pif:

Well today something crossed into my mind, will there be an update on the ammunition? Let say an Armor-Piercing rounds(AP), APCR, HVAP etc.

Must be fun shooting pea-sized Ice Pick in PVP and dealing 50k damage with Full Blast on RG/RK :p_devil:

I must ruin your dreams - it looks like the Rebellion will have aim at Ranged support tackler class in PvP/WoE rather than Damage Dealer.

Edited by Lucentos, 31 December 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#45 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

I must ruin your dreams - it looks like the Rebellion will have aim at Ranged support tackler class in PvP/WoE rather than Damage Dealer.

To ruin the dream even more, Rebellion will be a level 160 char in a sea of 175s.

#46 MrRX

MrRX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

Still better than 99 and cant really do any PVP/WoE/MVP.

:D

#47 Renko

Renko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

I agree that is better than 99, It is annoying not being able to fight raydrics and other monsters over the 99 limit ;<

#48 yanyan13

yanyan13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

Rebels will only be at level 160?? Ffffffff

#49 stealthcobra007

stealthcobra007

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

just sharing my build
PvM, Bounty Quest, Solo Turn In Quest, and some MVP

str - 20

vit - 80

int - 60

dex - 90

luk - 2

Equips ( as of now)

Eden Group Hat II [1]
Eden Revolver III

Odin Blessing (Clock card, - it's useful if you are in Dead End Mob train)
Odin Blessing (Rybio Card - 6% chance to stun mob, use this if you want crowd control your mob train)
Vali's Manteau
Vidar's Boots

Future Equips

+9 Rideword Hat or +9 Vanargand Helm (no idea what card can be slot, suggestion please?)
Odin Blessing (still clock card and rybio card. additional card will be loli ruri card for auto heal 5% chance to trigger level 3 Heal)
Garrison (2x Archer Skeleton Card,1 Archer Skeleton Card 1 Abyss Knight Card for mvp purposes, and lastly 1 Archer Skeleton Card 1 Race,Element,Size cards)

Lever Action Rifle [2] (2x Archer Skeleton Card, 1 Archer Skeleton Card 1 Abyss Knight Card, 1 Archer Skeleton Card 1 Race,Element Size Cards)

Fallen Angel Wing [1] (Raydric Card) Enchant Expert Archer
Eden Group Boots IV (if you have any suggestion for Footgear please let me know)
Sheriff Badge 2x
Cat Hand Glove (Smokie Card will be your escape rope)
Cat Hand Glove ( Phen Card - for Tracking Skill)

as for the shadow set

Kingbird Shadow Set

Skills

Single Action 10
Chain Action 3

Trigger Happy Shot 10

Desperado 10
Gatling Fever 10
Last Stand 1
Snake Eyes 10
Coin Flip 5
Tracking 10

Edited by stealthcobra007, 13 July 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#50 AsuraStrike

AsuraStrike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationJust a RO Player passing through
  • Server:RO1 - Chaos, RO2 - Odin

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Just a question, is it necessary to add Agi for Handgun/Shotgun Rebel?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users