98 replies to this topic

#26 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm glad to see someone in the same boat as I. I actually considered the 41/41 build for awhile, but then after playing around with I finally settled on 36/36/25 and I'll explain why...

With 41/41 and no cards equipped.

5 HP

164 Attack Power

82 Parry

With 36/36/25 and no cards equipped.

125 HP

144 Attack Power

72 Parry

We gain 120 Hitpoints while online losing 20 Attack Power and 10 Parry. I also like playing slightly more well-rounded characters which is why I opted for the 36/36/25 over 41/41.

Hmm, yeah that is understandable, but i really wonder if its really a good thing to let those 20 ATK and 10 Parry let go for 120HP. Especially if fulleq Monks with those Raid Gears got almost 10k hp. 120 hp would not be anything near worth for sacrificing those ATK and Parry. But then again, i dont really know much about endgame stats its just a gut feeling that i have...

#27 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hey guys, i red through some guides and whatnot and i wanted to ask what you think of this build that im going to use for my hybrid Monk? For tanking dem dungeons and dual Asura combo for PvP and stuff like that: http://www.ro2skills...107bsrBqBrBjSrA

Like zdhayman said, I'd take out those 2 points from Intimidation and max the Earth Shaker too. However, I personally don't have that much experience being a tanker, so I can't assure you that those extra points in Intimidation are worth it or not.

I would also take those 4 points from Lightning Walk and use them to max Grand Collapse. Many guides tell you to not max it because "it has the lowest damage", but it's only a difference of like 3% from Quadruple Palm, which isn't that much, and from my experience you'll use that skill A LOT because it gives you 2 spirit spheres, which are essential to access to higher damaging skills and buffs, and because of that single trait I use it as much as possible and the CD isn't that long.

#28 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Like zdhayman said, I'd take out those 2 points from Intimidation and max the Earth Shaker too. However, I personally don't have that much experience being a tanker, so I can't assure you that those extra points in Intimidation are worth it or not.

I would also take those 4 points from Lightning Walk and use them to max Grand Collapse. Many guides tell you to not max it because "it has the lowest damage", but it's only a difference of like 3% from Quadruple Palm, which isn't that much, and from my experience you'll use that skill A LOT because it gives you 2 spirit spheres, which are essential to access to higher damaging skills and buffs, and because of that single trait I use it as much as possible and the CD isn't that long.

Well and as i responed to zdhayman, its maybe better to let it be as it is since the earth shaker dmg wont do you any good and the Shout CD is definetely a better go as a Tank. And yeh, about Lightning Walk and Grand Collapse its just the preference of playstyle i think, since LW is pretty good for PvP since theres alot of runners. So i heard. And you can pull off your double Asura Strike Combo better that way.

EDIT: But im happy that I got the rest pretty much right. Those things that you two pointed out were the only things that i thought i should let it be as it is since i run for Hybrid Monk. You can still tank good and youre not worthless in PvP.

Edited by Ilyuusha, 29 April 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#29 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Well and as i responed to zdhayman, its maybe better to let it be as it is since the earth shaker dmg wont do you any good and the Shout CD is definetely a better go as a Tank. And yeh, about Lightning Walk and Grand Collapse its just the preference of playstyle i think, since LW is pretty good for PvP since theres alot of runners. So i heard. And you can pull off your double Asura Strike Combo better that way.

EDIT: But im happy that I got the rest pretty much right. Those things that you two pointed out were the only things that i thought i should let it be as it is since i run for Hybrid Monk. You can still tank good and youre not worthless in PvP.

Even at level 1 Shout has a CD of 20s which isn't too shabby. *shrugs* Ideally whenever you really need to use that Shout it will have already cooled down.

Just my two cents.

#30 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Even at level 1 Shout has a CD of 20s which isn't too shabby. *shrugs* Ideally whenever you really need to use that Shout it will have already cooled down.

Just my two cents.

Well, we could discuss about how long 20sec really is in a raid until both of us missed 3 anime seasons. In the end its just a preference, im still more worried how to spend my friggin stat points lol Maybe i just roll a FS Priest since healing is always pretty chill.

#31 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Well, we could discuss about how long 20sec really is in a raid until both of us missed 3 anime seasons. In the end its just a preference, im still more worried how to spend my friggin stat points lol Maybe i just roll a FS Priest since healing is always pretty chill.

:heh: Agreed. We shall leave it at that. Unless someone else has concrete evidence supporting either side.

#32 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

True words. Btw do you know how the Cards work here? Is it the same as in RO1 or did they change it? And which would be good for monks? because i dont really know anything bout it lol

#33 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

True words. Btw do you know how the Cards work here? Is it the same as in RO1 or did they change it? And which would be good for monks? because i dont really know anything bout it lol

I know they are quite different from RO1. Unlike RO1 you don't attach the cards to your gear. You unlock a slot like every 10 levels and you start with one already unlocked, max of 5. (5th would be unlocked at level 40). Also unlike RO1 the cards can be refined(improved) by taking them to a card master. Though the chances of refining the card you want are very small. You do so by placing 5 different cards into the window then placing a card synthesis thing in there as well (which can be purchased from the card master). After you click combine you have a 50% chance you succeed and a 20% that you get the card you want. The other 4 are lost in the process.

From random research I would recommend the Scratch Thief Card for a Monk. 6 STR, 6 AGI, 6 INT, 6 WIS, 17 VIT.

#34 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

I know they are quite different from RO1. Unlike RO1 you don't attach the cards to your gear. You unlock a slot like every 10 levels and you start with one already unlocked, max of 5. (5th would be unlocked at level 40). Also unlike RO1 the cards can be refined(improved) by taking them to a card master. Though the chances of refining the card you want are very small. You do so by placing 5 different cards into the window then placing a card synthesis thing in there as well (which can be purchased from the card master). After you click combine you have a 50% chance you succeed and a 20% that you get the card you want. The other 4 are lost in the process.

From random research I would recommend the Scratch Thief Card for a Monk. 6 STR, 6 AGI, 6 INT, 6 WIS, 17 VIT.

Wow, really thanks alot for explaining it to me teehee. Couldnt have done it better. I like the change that you dont put dem cards into the eq anymore. We got runes for that now lol I wonder how those drop rates are, i mean 20% isnt really that high if the card droprates are -_-ty like 5-6%

#35 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Wow, really thanks alot for explaining it to me teehee. Couldnt have done it better. I like the change that you dont put dem cards into the eq anymore. We got runes for that now lol I wonder how those drop rates are, i mean 20% isnt really that high if the card droprates are -_-ty like 5-6%

Yeah I don't know exact drop rates. At least the more easily obtained cards like Scratch Thief card could probably be refined fairly easily. Don't quote me on that.

If you want to see a bad-_- card combo check out Fantastic Ant Hell card set. It's on this build if you want to take a look.

Edited by zdhayman, 29 April 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#36 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yeah I don't know exact drop rates. At least the more easily obtained cards like Scratch Thief card could probably be refined fairly easily. Don't quote me on that.

If you want to see a bad-_- card combo check out Fantastic Ant Hell card set. It's on this build if you want to take a look.

Dem Robberbug cards lol...but i feel like ive seen the name Ahjussi somewhere...but i cant quite remeber where lol

#37 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Dem Robberbug cards lol...but i feel like ive seen the name Ahjussi somewhere...but i cant quite remeber where lol

Here in these threads. They've commented on this very thread if I'm not mistaken.

#38 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

:heh: Agreed. We shall leave it at that. Unless someone else has concrete evidence supporting either side.

How about doin' the tests ourselves and report our findings? ;) at least from my personal experience I found Grand Collapse to be useful as a maxed skill rather than have it at lvl 1, but I admit that those extra point skills could be more useful on other skills depending on your build.

About the cards, good news: they are pretty easy to get! I once got like 6 cards by killing nearly 80 monsters, so the drop rate is REALLY good.

#39 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

How about doin' the tests ourselves and report our findings? ;) at least from my personal experience I found Grand Collapse to be useful as a maxed skill rather than have it at lvl 1, but I admit that those extra point skills could be more useful on other skills depending on your build.

About the cards, good news: they are pretty easy to get! I once got like 6 cards by killing nearly 80 monsters, so the drop rate is REALLY good.

Of Bronze cards aleast :gg:
It should be noted there ARE 3 tiers of cards: Bronze, Silver and Gold. They progressively have better stats and are progressively rarer.

#40 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

Of Bronze cards aleast :gg:
It should be noted there ARE 3 tiers of cards: Bronze, Silver and Gold. They progressively have better stats and are progressively rarer.

What about MVP cards? they still exist?

#41 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

What about MVP cards? they still exist?

There aren't MVPs any more, just dungeon/world bosses. But yes, every monster has cards!

#42 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

There aren't MVPs any more, just dungeon/world bosses. But yes, every monster has cards!

So the bosses drop cards too then? ( ̄(エ) ̄)ゞ

#43 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

So the bosses drop cards too then? ( ̄(エ) ̄)ゞ

Yup, and from the looks of it, it seems just as rare as RO1 to obtain them as a drop.
there's a card designation synthesis that lets you fuse cards into boss cards

#44 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Yup, and from the looks of it, it seems just as rare as RO1 to obtain them as a drop.
there's a card designation synthesis that lets you fuse cards into boss cards

youre quite the sadist to write the best part so small and then make it almost unreadable...its not like i hate it tho...(@´_`@)

#45 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Just popping in to say that Agi monks ARE viable but require a LOT of Agi to be worth it. There was a thread about it on the seaRO2 forums.

#46 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Just popping in to say that Agi monks ARE viable but require a LOT of Agi to be worth it. There was a thread about it on the seaRO2 forums.

How much is alot? i mean, we dont get any agi from eq so we have to dump everything statwise into agi? ugh...have to find that thread now

Edit: think i found it: http://forums.playpa...05935-agi-monk/

Edited by Ilyuusha, 30 April 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#47 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

How much is alot? i mean, we dont get any agi from eq so we have to dump everything statwise into agi? ugh...have to find that thread now

Edit: think i found it: http://forums.playpa...05935-agi-monk/

That's the thread. RoronoaLance theorycrafts it pretty well on the second page. It's something like 41 agi/rest split between str/int, then needing all +10 agi runes in all your slots, and costume slots. The theory is that with 20-25% self buffed agi you gain much more effective HP via your high dodge as well as critting pretty darn often.

#48 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

That's the thread. RoronoaLance theorycrafts it pretty well on the second page. It's something like 41 agi/rest split between str/int, then needing all +10 agi runes in all your slots, and costume slots. The theory is that with 20-25% self buffed agi you gain much more effective HP via your high dodge as well as critting pretty darn often.

Well, ive red thro all the thread, and AGI monk seems viable. But honestly, i better stick for now with the str/int build, because the agi build seems pretty costy..

#49 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Well, ive red thro all the thread, and AGI monk seems viable. But honestly, i better stick for now with the str/int build, because the agi build seems pretty costy..

Aye! At least for now where gear is pretty limited. Hopefully one day we'll get agi on Aco class gear!

#50 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Aye! At least for now where gear is pretty limited. Hopefully one day we'll get agi on Aco class gear!

Yeah, thats a nice dream...Honestly, the more i lurk around the class forums on searo, the more i want to play a knight. I hate it when i cant decide between 2 classes...Girl in heavy armor and sword/shield is moe too. I mean, a heavy layer of armor protects her from the cruel world outside,but inside it, she bears a innocent and pure heart that cant bear it to get hurt...(ノ)´∀`(ヾ)

Edited by Ilyuusha, 30 April 2013 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users