Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

BLIND BUG NEEDS FIXED ASAP

This please.

Put ranged monsters so that people know that the skill "pneuma" exists. I ran into 3 ABs this week who told me they dont have pneuma or hotkeyed it. /facepalm

Pneuma and cure seem to be commonly left out of priest builds now. It really saddens me.

#77 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Already aware of this, just asking Oda since he's expanding the dead zones around npcs on Classic server's Eden. Might as well do the same on Chaos's since its way over crowded. The problem with the cells around npcs on renewal is that they are still click-able, thus players can position bug themselves and open up chatrooms on the so called 'no chatroom/vend' cells. I'd assume not click-able cells [ dead zone ] be a better solution.

Actually that would make things even worse then they are now. If they changed things so that you actually couldn't even click on certain spots around the NPC's it would make it even more difficult to move around in Eden then it is already. The other thing is if they were to do this on the 2nd Floor of Eden then it would only make things worse for those of that do vend because it would reduce the area for us to vend even more then it has been already since the 1st Floor was taken away from us. Which as I said before it was ever done was needless, due to the fact it would just be replaced with chat rooms instead, & of course it has been. So they solved nothing by doing that.

What they should do is fix whatever the bug is that is allowing some people to be able to set up chats or vend in cells they shouldn't be. They should also go back to allowing vendors on both floors since it doesn't change the crowding situation one bit.

#78 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Pneuma and cure seem to be commonly left out of priest builds now. It really saddens me.

That's one of many benefits to being able to reset skills & stats.

Speaking of which if anyone hasn't done so they only have one week left to do a FREE one before the NPC leaves on 5/7.

#79 arthurscience

arthurscience

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Think you can fix this graphical problem this maintenance? The Archangel Wings look wrong on Oboro and Kagerou
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Gravity/Ragnarok%20Online/ScreenShot/screenChaos037.jpg

Paste and copy and you should see it. :sob: This graphical issue with the Wings showing through the character make it too painful to look at or wear ... please fix

LOL! @ pasting the picture's filepath on your harddrive
I facepalmed so hard. :heh:

#80 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

The server is up

#81 CaesarFLown

CaesarFLown

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

can you fix the spawns in guild dungeon ? the spawns are only HALF where they were meant to be!

#82 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I don't agree with having ranged monsters in TI's either but TI's aren't supposed to be easy. They give a lot of EXP for completing them. It's not like many people do them solo either. That's what parties are for. This of course allows for the group as a whole to participate in killing the monsters within the TI so that not just one person or class has to. If the party is made up of the right characters it should also be able to done without having to use pots, or at least very many.

Every week it's the same thing. People complain about the TI's & want the monsters changed to this & that. No matter what everyone's never going to be happy people. Can't we just accept it without all the complaints? It's not going to change. Nobody is forcing anyone to do the TI's each week. If you don't like them one week then don't do them & wait till the next week. Even if the EXP is low per monster you still get a lot of EXP for doing 400 within a party, & you aren't even killing them yourself, plus you get a huge amount of EXP just for completing the TI. So there really is no reason to complain. You get a lot less EXP soloing 400 monsters regardless of the EXP they give, & not only does it take hours longer, but you have to use more pots :p_idea:

honestly, i DO get alot less exp doing TI if the TI monsters are bad. Ive done countless tests due to having such a wide array of characters, and it really is situational on a week by week basis which gives more exp. last weeks low ti and mid ti were pretty amazing because of the small map + clusters of mobs + x2 exp. but weeks prior to that in the Low ti's, we had oversized maps with low spawns and mobs only giving small amounts of exp and horrible loot drops. while i agree that on paper TIs in theory SHOULDNT be easy, they also need to be managable by a small group for those times when a party absolutely cannot be formed (which is quite frequently unfortunately due to the low population of players playing this game). and sadly this is the problem and why so many people get so frustrated weekly. there are often times that we find ourselves sitting at the entrance for 20 mins - hours trying to find people to party with so that you can get your merit badges for the day and some exp. thats why so many of us were so glad when they put in all undead monsters this week for mid ti. it opened the door for all the genetics and madomechs that can never find parties, to be able to solo and complete their own ti at their own pace.

tl;dr version: the gms are in a tough spot when it comes to setting up the TIs. the best thing they can do to keep complaining to a minimum is put in mobs that dont have too much HP for players to kill and try to avoid putting in obnoxious ranged mobs. Not everyone is a Ranger and we shouldnt have to rely on rangers to be able to get through a TI smoothly

Put ranged monsters so that people know that the skill "pneuma" exists. I ran into 3 ABs this week who told me they dont have pneuma or hotkeyed it. /facepalm

ive said it before and ill say it again (and i know you all agree with me):

90% of the people playing priests/abs now are absolutely terrible and have no business playing those classes. the only reason they made ab's in the first place was because they heard it was easy to level and farm badges with. they never even bother to learn the class properly and end up getting people killed. all i can say is thank god for the healing headgears. they really should make the priest test like 10x harder to filter out the baddies and people looking for free rides

Edited by killedbytofu, 30 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#83 RaptureRed

RaptureRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

how do you reset stats for free?

#84 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

The Mesmerist near the Rune Knight lookalike and the VIP Teleport NPC in Eden.

#85 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

I want to trade in my 10000000000000 pirate daggers~~~~~~~ lol

Btw which map is best for homun AFK during kiel spotlight? Juno field 2 >.<?

Edited by michaeleeli, 30 April 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#86 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

the only way to fix this problem is to log out and back in again =(

Actually, using a fwing or teleporting on the map will also fix it, at least it does for me.

Edited by OniichanN, 30 April 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#87 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

honestly, i DO get alot less exp doing TI if the TI monsters are bad. Ive done countless tests due to having such a wide array of characters, and it really is situational on a week by week basis which gives more exp. last weeks low ti and mid ti were pretty amazing because of the small map + clusters of mobs + x2 exp. but weeks prior to that in the Low ti's, we had oversized maps with low spawns and mobs only giving small amounts of exp and horrible loot drops. while i agree that on paper TIs in theory SHOULDNT be easy, they also need to be managable by a small group for those times when a party absolutely cannot be formed (which is quite frequently unfortunately due to the low population of players playing this game). and sadly this is the problem and why so many people get so frustrated weekly. there are often times that we find ourselves sitting at the entrance for 20 mins - hours trying to find people to party with so that you can get your merit badges for the day and some exp. thats why so many of us were so glad when they put in all undead monsters this week for mid ti. it opened the door for all the genetics and madomechs that can never find parties, to be able to solo and complete their own ti at their own pace.

Sure the amount of EXP gained off of doing the TI itself is going to vary week to week. That's unavoidable. I don't think anyone expects it to remain low or high from week to week. It's impossible unless they never were to change the TI's which would not only be boring but pointless. Regardless of how low the EXP is on a TI from week to week there is no quicker way to gain that much EXP in the short amount of time it takes to kill 400 of each monster plus whatever other monsters are within the map at the time.

As far as drops are concerned there have been plenty of TI's with good drops. That too varies week to week. The fact of the matter is TI's change every week plus TI's aren't geared around drops. Many people do request certain Monsters for the drops but that's not what TI's are for.

You mention that "a party absolutely cannot be formed (which is quite frequently unfortunately due to the low population of players playing this game)". I know for a fact that it is difficult to get on parties, & takes time, mostly depending on your characters class & level. I'm guessing you are playing, on Classic though & not Renewal, since you are saying that it's due to a low population of players because Renewal has close to 3,000 players on it most of the time due to the merge.

#88 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Personally, Good choices for Low TI for me as i just changed my champ into sura now..good time to get those job levels asap..:)

#89 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

I want to trade in my 10000000000000 pirate daggers~~~~~~~ lol

Btw which map is best for homun AFK during kiel spotlight? Juno field 2 >.<?

you should give them away for free. im sure there are plenty of people that could use one.

You mention that "a party absolutely cannot be formed (which is quite frequently unfortunately due to the low population of players playing this game)". I know for a fact that it is difficult to get on parties, & takes time, mostly depending on your characters class & level. I'm guessing you are playing, on Classic though & not Renewal, since you are saying that it's due to a low population of players because Renewal has close to 3,000 players on it most of the time due to the merge.

im actually only an hour away from warpportal headquarters, but i play late at night, and sometimes the TIs are completely empty at night =(

Edited by killedbytofu, 01 May 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#90 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

90% of the people playing priests/abs now are absolutely terrible and have no business playing those classes. the only reason they made ab's in the first place was because they heard it was easy to level and farm badges with. they never even bother to learn the class properly and end up getting people killed. all i can say is thank god for the healing headgears. they really should make the priest test like 10x harder to filter out the baddies and people looking for free rides

90%? It might seem like they do a terrible job, but on the other hand one has to look at what those ABs have to deal with: undergeared people, people moving elsewhere away from the group, people not knowing their class and wasting the AB's SP. They "end up getting people killed"? First I'd try to start blaming the people who die. The hardest job in most TI parties is the job of ABs/Priests - everyone relies on them, and not everyone's playstyle helps to lessen the burden on ABs.

The ABs I've met (even if they might annoy me with their Praefatio) are always more useful than the people who die in their party for whatever reasons.

Spoiler

#91 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

lol just threw an ab out of my last TI party. not a single buff for 20 mins (periodically we would see angelus or gloria show up briefly), barely healed anyone, refused to res anyone, and then went afk on auto follow without telling anyone. so many baddies. they need to make the test alot harder then just 'walk a straight line'. players should be put in a mock party with NPCs and have to heal the npcs to keep them alive. this way the player gets actual experience.

and if they fail, they automatically get changed into a monk =p

Edited by killedbytofu, 01 May 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#92 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Lol not really 1000000 but I bought lots of them for real cheap so I could turn it into brownie points =3
Hopefully it can turn into brownie points lol...=. =

#93 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

I bet if half the novelist's here spent that time hunting on RO they would have some decent chrs and gear

#94 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

I bet if half the novelist's here spent that time hunting on RO they would have some decent chrs and gear

Hi sexyyy

#95 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

#96 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Think you can fix this graphical problem this maintenance? The Archangel Wings look wrong on Oboro and Kagerou
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Gravity/Ragnarok%20Online/ScreenShot/screenChaos037.jpg

Paste and copy and you should see it. :sob: This graphical issue with the Wings showing through the character make it too painful to look at or wear ... please fix

That's funny.

#97 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

lol just threw an ab out of my last TI party. not a single buff for 20 mins (periodically we would see angelus or gloria show up briefly), barely healed anyone, refused to res anyone, and then went afk on auto follow without telling anyone. so many baddies. they need to make the test alot harder then just 'walk a straight line'. players should be put in a mock party with NPCs and have to heal the npcs to keep them alive. this way the player gets actual experience.

and if they fail, they automatically get changed into a monk =p

Sounds like vicchua24.

Edited by GuardianTK, 01 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#98 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I met someone like that in high TI. He refused to heal anyone and told us all to use our pots. You know to an extent I can almost understand that, but he wasn't doing anything other than canto/clem/mag and the occasional Sacrament, it was pretty ridiculous - especially in a TI with critical wounds. Glad he ended up rage quitting and we got a much better healer in his place.

When I pointed out people were potting (most, anyways) and it was just less noticeable/effective because of CW, he told me it can be remedied with "proper" potting. Does anyone know what he meant by that, or was he just talking nonsense?

Edited by Alaska, 01 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#99 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Lmao, proper potting. I guess if you really want to waste Ygg's in a TI to get around CW......... (you're insane if you do) thats the only 'proper' way around it. The moronic way is to just mega spam/waste pots while in CW. That's not very proper.

It's funny because every horrible priest/AB rage quits when you call them out

Edited by Havenn, 01 May 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#100 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Lol that's what I thought... just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some kind of magic potting secret. What's worse is that he was rude about it, too, and when I started to act snarky with him he started talking about the proper potting BS and ultimately just left the party in the middle of nowhere. I almost felt bad at first but it seems like everyone was actually happy about it so we just got another AB and continued on our merry way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users