October 21, Expectations, take 2. - Page 10 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 15 votes

October 21, Expectations, take 2.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic

#226 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hum, i see. If that's how it is, then why not? :)

Anyway... my doubt is: Do you have to buy a stone every time you make a different 3rd job?

Yes.

#227 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

when will the playspan stone be forsale, i noticed they just added another item but seems to be just WP points and nothing about stones as of yet :S

#228 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

^
This, however I suspect they're testing that stuff. So let's wait a little more xD

#229 renoponce

renoponce

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

hi there and good afternoon q^_^p
i've been reading the all the stuff above, a lot of people are/arent agree with the payment for 3rd class, well, i know that ragnarok (and other games) is your business and as a company you have to pay real money for those that work with you (workers).

My point is (as many other players), that we chose a F2P server, and the main idea (correct me if im wrong) its to play free and buy(with real money)special items only if we want or we can afford them, some players dont have credit card because they dont even have 21 year old(idk the real age to have a credit card in ther countries) or their parents wont pay a single dollar for a video game or MMORPG (belive me there are parent like this, My parents for example, but i manage to buy stuff lol).

Well let me give you an answer or more like a sugestion...
why dont you do this, let the 3rd job quest open for all people (for those that dont want to pay) and make it a little hard XP, on the other hand (for those that are agree to pay), if we buy that item, we dont have to do the job quest (like a reward to spend real money on RO lol), just a "3rd Job Change NPC"(like a Valkyrie and near kafra shops)that need some "requirements" (the item, and be lvl 99/job 50 (job 70 for trans)).

Ooo and do something about the aspd topic(because i dont want to atack like a slowpoke LOL)

with nothing more to say:

qO.op!!!! aaaaaa its late i need to go to the school cya, and good luck with Renewal

"Lord Knight Tek Reno, at youtr service, Future Rune Knight (i hope)"

#230 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

Its still free now. Playspan will give u 100 points upon registering. Use it to buy the Reset Stones, its tradable. Its not really for sale!.

#231 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:48 PM

I like how you guys brought up Nexon when it wasn't even one of the ones I listed. They're one of the worst F2P companies out there.
Either way, like someone else mentioned, the Rebirth system on Mabinogi has a free option now, results of people complaining because it was pointless to play unless you had a method to rebirth.

"Gravity has to make some money"?
Because they don't already have a few premium servers, with a fair amount of people paying them monthly, along with both premium and free servers having a Kafra Shop that people blow loads of money on.

It's not about the price tag, so much as the reasoning being pointless.
It does almost nothing to the botters, and instead inconveniences a ton of people for no reason at all.
However charging a $1 fee to make an account would actually make Gravity some money, and at the same time make it inconvenient for botters to continue. They wouldn't stop, no, unless we get something like captchas, they never will. But it definitely makes small-time multi-account botters a lot less common, and could make the GMs jobs a bit easier.

i think i've been saying "$1 account registration fee PLEASE" for like forever now, just havent been so vocal about it untill lately due to it being being USDA prime choice flamebait. this makes it so easy to keep bots to a minimum while still not putting it outside the range of the casual gamer and allowing gravity to make some money in the meantime. having to reregister 200 bots is just a minor obsticle for the mass botters, having to find a way to get 100 WP on to each of those accounts is a whole new ball game. how many accounts do you think playspan will allow you to register from one ip address in a 24 hour span of time? i highly doubt it's more than 3 per ip per week. either way, it's gotta get paid for and i can only see things getting better from there. in fact, if the mass botters continue to go along as they do, they could end up footing half the bill themselves. if 2k bots get registered and banned in a weeks time, thats $2k in signup fees, or about 40 times (exaggeration lol) what they make off of people that subscribe just to play on yggdrasil over a month.

Edited by Hacks, 21 October 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#232 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

Servers up =o

#233 isichan

isichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe Historical Sakray Museum
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

I feel like I should also be complaining and such...the fact is, I just don't have anything to complain about.

Coming back to RO as I have has been great. I am having fun. The GM team has been helpful...I'm looking forward to the new things that Renewal will continue to bring both in this new patch and ones down the road.. With Renewal, RO has become playable to me! The Kafra Points are awesome because I just don't have time to farm for fancy items or zeny-earning items.

After the maintenance is over, I plan on logging on and playing RO with my husband, which is awesome. We have a team and it's super fun! So...maybe it seems like I'm a suck-up, or whatever. Doesn't matter. RO is a great game and the team is making changes to keep it fresh and new.

You can't get something for nothing...so if you're upset that people who can buy Kafra Points and/or play on a pay-to-play server are getting extra perks, I have a few suggestions for you:
1.) Find a cause more worthy of your ire and crusading for justice (like AIDS in Africa, or impoverished families who don't have enough food to get through the week) and put all your energy towards that, instead...because really, iRO is so far down on the scale of 'things to get all bent out of shape over' it's not even funny.

2.) Be less competitive and just enjoy the game as you can play it...just don't worry about whoever else is on your server that has all the things you don't have. (Isn't it a bit like someone in coach class on an airplane complaining that 'first class' even exists?)

3.) Perhaps...find another way to occupy your time? A good book or learning the art of sleight of hand? Guitar lessons? Real-life Tae Kwon Do?

I realize this has turned into a rant in the opposite direction. That actually wasn't my intention when I began. So if you've read this whole thing and feel I've offended you, please PM me or something...instead of arguing me here in this thread (because I won't answer here). If not and you're in agreement, then...yay :)

#234 Rylee

Rylee

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationValkyrie

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

priests cant job change to arch bishop! :) the portal to ygg tree isn't there.

#235 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

Where is the skill/stat resetter anyone want to help? :)

#236 ninjalikeme

ninjalikeme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

I thought the resetter was supposed to go back to 0 again? It won't let me reset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users