RO2 & iRO Timeline - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RO2 & iRO Timeline

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#26 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ok, so I didn't read everything, but from the bit I skimmed over it would seem everyone is thinking that this story takes place after RO1, which is not true. This story predates all of RO1. I had a long discussion with some players I met on SEA and we dug up a lot of info. If you look around enough and read up on it you will find out that this story takes place 100+ years prior to the events in RO1. Izlude as it is now gets destroyed and rebuild between the time of RO2 and RO1, as well as many other changes. Payon and Morocc as we know it in the first, does not exist yet. The camp found in Payon forest is believed to be the founding location that will one day be Payon. There are various sources you can find for extended information, but this is what I can tell you at this point. I look forward to seeing RO2's story progress to further link the events of now and RO1. Hope this information helps you all!

Thank you. But then, if RO2 came before iRO, why is there a dimensional gate in one of the 'morroc' maps in RO2?

#27 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

The dimensional gates in RO2 are different than RO1. The gates that are in this one are caused by followers of freyja, while that in RO1 was caused by Satan Morocc I believe. Morocc is not destroyed in this one, it just simply does not yet exist.

#28 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

http://ro-projectrev...enshots_06.html

There is some confusion going around about if it's Izlude or not, I'll make this statement now since I'm getting alot of comments regarding it. So here goes:

Izlude went through alot of damage over the years, as the surface started to collapse and sink into the ocean. Izulde started to become a feast for the raging sea, as the settlers of the now proclaimed "Old-Izlude" needed a home, so they've decided to take to the hill side to relocate. New travelers will find this place to be called Ludlow because the Lud is now down Below.

From the official site (looks like they fixed Izrud->Izlude after all)

Izlude Hill is an old name for the area around Izlude. [Izlude village] was Prontera’s satellite city located in an island. But as the time passed, the ground beneath the sea rose and became land. When it was an island, Izlude was the transportation mecca for the continent, but after becoming a hill town, the lives of the villagers changed. Their source of electricity changed from water to wind, and the local industry changed from fishing to sheep farming.

That's why I'm inclined to believe that RO2 takes place after RO1. Most of the stuff was simply destroyed (which is also rather convenient since it gives the devs more freedom).

#29 Tamashiimizu

Tamashiimizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

In RO2, there's some discovery from old laboratories, forgotten with time. They discover the Kiel Machines, Eremes Guile, and a lot more scientific improvement.
Also, they discover somewhere, a strange type of machinery, named RSX-0806. Oh! I remember that from somewhere!
I'm sure that RO2 are after RO1.

By the way, does anybody know how many times Baphomet got sealed away? I feel bad for him.

#30 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Also.Eremes Guile has a fragment of the Heart of Ymir. >_> And Julianna appears as an enemy.

#31 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

http://playragnarok2...ameInfo/History

Amazing what you can do with a little snooping on the main site. Besides, it's already been confirmed that RO2 takes place after the events in RO1. If you want to be absolutely correct, the sequence is:

Ragnarok the Manwha ---> Ragnarok Online(there's a little bit of overlap in the Manwha, not much) ---> Ragnarok Online 2

#32 KarilynKare

KarilynKare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Payon and Morocc as we know it in the first, does not exist yet. The camp found in Payon forest is believed to be the founding location that will one day be Payon.

This game takes place after RO1. Payon has been destroyed between RO1 and RO2, and is now full of Harongs, Sohees, and Ninetails. The ghosts of the villagers of Payon haunt the town, and give you way too many quests.

Also apparently people finally exorcised the zombies in Payon dungeon and it's now full of rats on the first floor instead. Go figure.

Edited by KarilynKare, 04 May 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#33 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

But it was Sarah Irine who destroyed Payon in the Ragnarok Manwha?

#34 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Speaking of which, is it possible to read up all the stories of RO1 somewhere? I never managed to do all quest lines.

#35 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

But it was Sarah Irine who destroyed Payon in the Ragnarok Manwha?

Isn't that all the destroyed buildings in Payon Dungeon in RO1? And the town was rebuilt later, to what's seen in RO1 (and then apparently destroyed again at some point).

#36 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

There is a different witch playing around the ruins of Payon in RO2.

#37 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Speaking of which, is it possible to read up all the stories of RO1 somewhere? I never managed to do all quest lines.

The rowiki forums has a collection of RO lore, though it's far from complete. It's still an ongoing project after all these years.

#38 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Isn't that all the destroyed buildings in Payon Dungeon in RO1? And the town was rebuilt later, to what's seen in RO1 (and then apparently destroyed again at some point).

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. Why is Payon in RO2 just bunch of encampments again? And why is the Assassin's guild up and running again when Skurai already destroyed it back in the Manwha?

#39 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Still waiting on information regarding Freya's brother Freyr. >_> Last we saw in RO1, he was suspended in a magical ice cage with chains that keep him deep in the center of Ice Dungeon guarded by Ktullanux.

Edited by GuardianTK, 04 May 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#40 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. Why is Payon in RO2 just bunch of encampments again? And why is the Assassin's guild up and running again when Skurai already destroyed it back in the Manwha?

Payon is a Ghost Town, the refugees fled wesrward but the Dimensional Crack opening and the Miho getting dangerous, pretty much put them in a corner. The forward Knightage Post was built to watch over the dimensional crack, as you can tell by it having all the facilities a real base needs. Crusader's post was put up to watch over the evil spirits and stuff wandering around the ruins of Payon Village. As for the Hunting Lodge, well... There is some big game hanging aroud Payon Forest, but I doubt it gets much use nowadays :P

Edited by ODKN, 04 May 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#41 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Okay, that cleared up all but one thing, what about geffen? In the Q&A Heim, or whoever was speaking said, that geffin wasn't around at that time in history.

City of Magic, Geffen existed in RO2 timeline. The city itself is definitely not in the game right now, but RO2 story mentions Geffen city.

Check iRO2-translated story here.
[Original source]

Ok, so I didn't read everything, but from the bit I skimmed over it would seem everyone is thinking that this story takes place after RO1, which is not true. This story predates all of RO1. I had a long discussion with some players I met on SEA and we dug up a lot of info. If you look around enough and read up on it you will find out that this story takes place 100+ years prior to the events in RO1. Izlude as it is now gets destroyed and rebuild between the time of RO2 and RO1, as well as many other changes. Payon and Morocc as we know it in the first, does not exist yet. The camp found in Payon forest is believed to be the founding location that will one day be Payon. There are various sources you can find for extended information, but this is what I can tell you at this point. I look forward to seeing RO2's story progress to further link the events of now and RO1. Hope this information helps you all!

RO2 story takes place after RO1. There are many subtle hints about it in the official RO2 story such as the continuation of lighthalzen biolab experiment, construction of "NEW" rune-midgarts kingdom as well as the death of Valkyrie Randgris.

#42 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

RO2 story takes place after RO1. There are many subtle hints about it in the official RO2 story such as the continuation of lighthalzen biolab experiment, construction of "NEW" rune-midgarts kingdom as well as the death of Valkyrie Randgris.

Spoiler

#43 Mistreil

Mistreil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

A new religious group called the Freyjanity emerged from the rubble as descendants of the Church-Nation Arunafeltz, who praised the Goddess Freyja and waiting for her return.
Source: http://playragnarok2...ameInfo/History

RO2 is definitely after RO1.
As for the Manhwa, I'm not actually sure whether it comes after or before RO1. There's some overlap between the two, though.

#44 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

The developers themselves said that RO2 takes place 300 years after RO.

http://www.gamespot....erview-6401448/

Also, reading the iRO2 history page and thei iRO2 Wiki introduction showed tons of inconsistencies between the two, which is confusing the heck out of me. Like the iRO2 history mentions a male valkyrie name Reginleif, but the iRO2 Wiki spoke of only Randgris the female valkyrie. And in the iRO2 Wiki, it said that the knight who led the children rescue mission was Vilfrid Barclay while the iRO2 site said Zeras Hypherion led the mission. Lissur Anailuj is mentioned in the iRO2 Wiki, but she's nowhere in iRO2's history page. iRO2's history page mentions a continent called Svartalf, but the iRO2 Wiki page makes no note of such a place.

And I thought the Legend of Zelda timeline was confusing. :p_swt:

#45 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

The developers themselves said that RO2 takes place 300 years after RO.

http://www.gamespot....erview-6401448/

Also, reading the iRO2 history page and the iRO2 Wiki introduction showed tons of inconsistencies between the two, which is confusing the heck out of me.

Like the iRO2 history mentions a male valkyrie name Reginleif, but the iRO2 Wiki spoke of only Randgris the female valkyrie.

And in the iRO2 Wiki, it said that the knight who led the children rescue mission was Vilfrid Barclay while the iRO2 site said Zeras Hypherion led the mission. Lissur Anailuj is mentioned in the iRO2 Wiki, but she's nowhere in iRO2's history page.

iRO2's history page mentions a continent called Svartalf, but the iRO2 Wiki page makes no note of such a place.

And I thought the Legend of Zelda timeline was confusing. :p_swt:

iRO2 Wiki is a direct translation of the official kRO2 history page while iRO2 history page contains translated + modified version of kRO2 history page. I'll explain why there are inconsistencies.

Valkyrie Reginleif is something that was added in by whoever wrote iRO2 history page. In kRO2 history page, only a group of "angel-like winged creatures" (Valkyries) is mentioned during the battle of Ashkaron Empire.

The children rescue mission itself was led by Vilfrid Barclay, but it was Zeras Hyperion who decided to adopt the children.

I'm not sure why Lissur Anailuj is not mentioned on iRO2 history page, but she is mentioned on kRO2 one (and iRO2wiki).

Svartalf is not mentioned at all on kRO2 history, neither did the "dethroning" event take place. This part is created by iRO2.

One inconsistency I did find was the kRO2 history page vs RO2 intro movie. History page mentioned that Freyja and numerous Valkyries were sealed away in Midgard continent while the movie said she was sealed in Vanaheim.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

iRO2 Wiki is a direct translation of the official kRO2 history page while iRO2 history page contains translated + modified version of kRO2 history page. I'll explain why there are inconsistencies.

Valkyrie Reginleif is something that was added in by whoever wrote iRO2 history page. In kRO2 history page, only a group of "angel-like winged creatures" (Valkyries) is mentioned during the battle of Ashkaron Empire.

The children rescue mission itself was led by Vilfrid Barclay, but it was Zeras Hyperion who decided to adopt the children.

I'm not sure why Lissur Anailuj is not mentioned on iRO2 history page, but she is mentioned on kRO2 one (and iRO2wiki).

Svartalf is not mentioned at all on kRO2 history, neither did the "dethroning" event take place. This part is created by iRO2.

One inconsistency I did find was the kRO2 history page vs RO2 intro movie. History page mentioned that Freyja and numerous Valkyries were sealed away in Midgard continent while the movie said she was sealed in Vanaheim.

WTF iRO2? Why would they modify the history of the game? Is the original history not confusing enough? :pif:
The sealing inconsistency is weird. I mean, if Freyja's sealed away in Vanaheim and players are able to visit Vanaheim, wouldn't that literally be opening the door to freeing her? That doesn't really make sense if we're trying to keep her from coming back.

#47 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

http://ragnarok.wiki...m/wiki/Vanaheim
Freyja is sealed in Vanaheim.
There's a dimensional crack in a Midgard continent that leads to Vanaheim.

#48 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

http://ragnarok.wiki...m/wiki/Vanaheim
Freyja is sealed in Vanaheim.
There's a dimensional crack in a Midgard continent that leads to Vanaheim.

We're not disputing where the crack is. We're disputing kRO2's inconsistency regarding Freya's actual location.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 05 May 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#49 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm just saying that because it was a "translation" from kRO2, it could mean that the "Midgard continent" it was talking about is the dimensional crack to Vanaheim. So in a way Freyja and numerous valkyries are sealed away in a Midgard continent. Maybe it is just not translated properly.

Edited by iyoter, 05 May 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#50 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

It's not a question about whether there was translation error or not (and it's actually pretty hard to mistranslate 미드가르드대륙 as Vanaheim). What's being discussed is the inconsistency between the RO2 introduction clip in game(in korean) and RO2 story (in korean) on their website about where exactly Freyja was sealed in. RO2 intro clip says Vanaheim in both korean and english version while RO2 story on kRO2 website says Midgard continent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users