RO2 & iRO Timeline - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RO2 & iRO Timeline

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 Madoenz

Madoenz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

The king in RO1 named Tristan right? Well check this out:
http://www.playragna...ameInfo/History

So it says that Tristan Geoborg is missing during the Day of Despairs, then people moved on to newly founded Rune-Midgarts under the rule of Sir Pior. Because he sucks, he was then dethroned and under the rule of President Witold Schurt the traditional kingdom of Rune Midgarts abolished to the Republic of Midgarts.

Republic of Midgarts then invaded by Svartlav continent and lost its independence. Soon under the rebellion of Ignatz Geoborg, Midgarts was again, liberated into new kingdom of Rune-Midgarts. A long time passed.

On the northern side of Mt. Mjolnir there's another empire that was growing: Ashkaron Empire. But then, dimensional cevice appeared, allowing demons to attack Ashkaron Empire until its fall. And the timeline on RO2 begin.

I don't know if you guys can follow this simplified train of story, but shortly, I think historically, it goes this way:
1. RO Manhwa & RO1
2. Day of Despairs: where the cataclysm of Rune Midgarts and the fall of Freyja occurs.
3. New Rune-Midgarts Kingdom: it's when Tristan disappear and the Kingdom thus led by Sir Pior.
4. Republic of Midgarts: it's when Sir Pior was dethroned, the monarch abolished then President Witold reign into power.
5. War, Republic of Midgarts vs Svartalf continent: the republic then lost its independence
6. New Rune-Midgarts Kingdom: Ignatz Geoborg (descendant of previous Geoborg monarchy) won the rebellion, thus reign into power.
7. A long time passed.
8. Ashkaron Empire (Rune Midgarts Kingdom's neighbor) grew into the strongest empire.
9. Dimensional crevice appeared, demons unleashed destroying Ashkaron Empire
10. Zeras Hyperion led his men to attack Freyjanity base.
11. 10 years after, RO2 timeline begins.

#52 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

The king in RO1 named Tristan right? Well check this out:
http://www.playragna...ameInfo/History

So it says that Tristan Geoborg is missing during the Day of Despairs, then people moved on to newly founded Rune-Midgarts under the rule of Sir Pior. Because he sucks, he was then dethroned and under the rule of President Witold Schurt the traditional kingdom of Rune Midgarts abolished to the Republic of Midgarts.

Republic of Midgarts then invaded by Svartlav continent and lost its independence. Soon under the rebellion of Ignatz Geoborg, Midgarts was again, liberated into new kingdom of Rune-Midgarts. A long time passed.

On the northern side of Mt. Mjolnir there's another empire that was growing: Ashkaron Empire. But then, dimensional cevice appeared, allowing demons to attack Ashkaron Empire until its fall. And the timeline on RO2 begin.

I don't know if you guys can follow this simplified train of story, but shortly, I think historically, it goes this way:
1. RO Manhwa & RO1
2. Day of Despairs: where the cataclysm of Rune Midgarts and the fall of Freyja occurs.
3. New Rune-Midgarts Kingdom: it's when Tristan disappear and the Kingdom thus led by Sir Pior.
4. Republic of Midgarts: it's when Sir Pior was dethroned, the monarch abolished then President Witold reign into power.
5. War, Republic of Midgarts vs Svartalf continent: the republic then lost its independence
6. New Rune-Midgarts Kingdom: Ignatz Geoborg (descendant of previous Geoborg monarchy) won the rebellion, thus reign into power.
7. A long time passed.
8. Ashkaron Empire (Rune Midgarts Kingdom's neighbor) grew into the strongest empire.
9. Dimensional crevice appeared, demons unleashed destroying Ashkaron Empire
10. Zeras Hyperion led his men to attack Freyjanity base.
11. 10 years after, RO2 timeline begins.

This is what happens when you don't read the thread and just jump right into the discussion.

3. Ignatz Gaebolg crowned himself the king and led the newly constructed Rune-midgarts kingdom. He was thus known as King Tristan I and it was the start of N.E (Neu era).
4. This event never took place.
5. This event never took place.
6. This event never took place.
9. iRO2 decided to add in a little more detail (Valkyrie Reginleif), which isn't farfetched at all so this one's fine.
10. Vilfrid Barclay led the knights to attack Freyjanity base. Zeras Hyperion was one of the knights and he was the one who adopted "you" (the players).

Edit: Oh not to mention iRO2 history page doesn't even mention Randgris, Aione (inheriting Randgris's power), Lissur Anailuj who all plays(or played) big role in RO2 history.

Edited by zr0rieu, 05 May 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#53 stegalt

stegalt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

... now I gotta go read up on the history of RO and stuff... as well as the manhwa(why not manga? whats the difference?) thanks guys, gives me something to do during maint or random down time XD

#54 Indaliceo

Indaliceo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ok so kinda confused... the priestess Kyrie (who is dead in RO1) is in Prontera church in RO2. Ermes Guile is alive and well in RO2, but in RO1 pretty sure he only exists in biolabs as a clone. The entirety of the lore seems all over the place.

#55 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

... now I gotta go read up on the history of RO and stuff... as well as the manhwa(why not manga? whats the difference?) thanks guys, gives me something to do during maint or random down time XD

Yeah go read the manwha it's great and get to know Chaos, Loki, Iris, Lydia, Sarah and Fenris. You might think they are just server names back in RO1 back actually they are actual characters from the manwha.

And I think it's manwha coz it's korean. Manga is for japan. Don't really know...it's just a guess.

#56 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Ok so kinda confused... the priestess Kyrie (who is dead in RO1) is in Prontera church in RO2. Ermes Guile is alive and well in RO2, but in RO1 pretty sure he only exists in biolabs as a clone. The entirety of the lore seems all over the place.

Maybe they stole his genetic code and created clones? >_> Superior Human and all.

#57 Xanareth

Xanareth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Looking forward for Loki becoming one of Eremes' comrades. And Eremes being one of the seven original Assassin of the Cross. <3Posted Image

ah its a shame it was stopped, i loved the Manhwa, wanted to see the fight between Julianna and Loki. I felt stupid after playing SEARO2 and not realizing Lissur Anailuj is just her name spelled backwards >_>

Edited by Xanareth, 05 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#58 kulyan

kulyan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

why i cant create an account for ragnarok 2?

#59 Gerandar

Gerandar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

why i cant create an account for ragnarok 2?

are you in a country that has an ipblock on it? chances are your region will end up having its own RO if thats the case.

#60 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Gotta admit I quit RO1 a long time ago...don't know Kyrie and about Eremes in the biolab.

But I think it kinda makes sense.. Because in the manwha, Assassins of the Cross have super human strength (which is still a mystery up till now). Also in the manwha, Heart of Ymir is used to power up cities like nukes....so maybe that's the answer considering we know now that Eremes has the Heart of Ymir in him. So maybe this group of scientist might have caught one Assassin of the Cross (Eremes) and then experimented on him since then. And then when these scientists found out the secret of these Assassin's strength, they then tried to recreate it by cloning Eremes to make super soldiers. Then maybe the clones failed, they resort to us (players).

Edited by iyoter, 05 May 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#61 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

3. Ignatz Gaebolg crowned himself the king and led the newly constructed Rune-midgarts kingdom. He was thus known as King Tristan I and it was the start of N.E (Neu era).

Okay, here's what's really confusing me concerning the actual timeline. In the manwha, the characters refer to dates as A.W. (After War), which is related to the Thousand-Year War where Baldr was killed. (Events in the manwha take place around A.W. 997.) However, Prontera makes an appearance in the manhwa, but it's described as a city in a country called Volsug. If the translation is correct, does that mean that Rune-Midgarts was established after the manwha in which it replaced Volsug? 'Cause then the Neu Era would make sense.

Here's what I figured:
  • After War (A.W.) - refers to manhwa events
  • Neu Era (N.E.) - refers to RO and RO2 events
But if the English release of the manwha is wrong, then we need someone who read the manwha in its original Korean to clear things up.

Gotta admit I quit RO1 a long time ago...don't know Kyrie and about Eremes in the biolab.

You're missing out on some interesting stories.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 05 May 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#62 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Okay, here's what's really confusing me concerning the actual timeline. In the manwha, the characters refer to dates as A.W. (After War), which is related to the Thousand-Year War where Baldr was killed. (Events in the manwha take place around A.W. 997.) However, Prontera makes an appearance in the manhwa, but it's described as a city in a country called Volsug. If the translation is correct, does that mean that Rune-Midgarts was established after the manwha in which it replaced Volsug? 'Cause then the Neu Era would make sense.

Here's what I figured:

• After War (A.W.) - refers to manhwa events
  • Neu Era (N.E.) - refers to RO and RO2 events
But if the English release of the manwha is wrong, then we need someone who read the manwha in its original Korean to clear things up.

You're missing out on some interesting stories.

Neu Era refers to RO2 events, post day of despair. I'm not exactly sure when Rune-midgarts was established, but it was re-established by Ignatz Gaebolg.

#63 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I don't know about a thousand-year war...I think it's just a thousand-year extension for the gods to rule over Midgard. See when Baldr was killed, Freyja postponed Ragnarok for another 1000 years. The manwha is the beginning of this second Ragnarok when Baldr, now Chaos starts remembering his godly past life. RO1 is how the events of this 2nd Ragnarok took place and how the Adventurers helped Chaos defeat Freyja.

Edited by iyoter, 05 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#64 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Okay. this is precisely why I wanted a GM's response on this.

#65 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Neu Era refers to RO2 events, post day of despair. I'm not exactly sure when Rune-midgarts was established, but it was re-established by Ignatz Gaebolg.

Hmm, interesting.

In RO1, it was said that there a period of time where Jormungandr terrorized Midgard. Seven warriors rose to fight the serpent and established Rune-Midgarts in its wake. The first king of the newly established Rune-Midgarts kingdom was Tristan Gaebolg I. I think that's where the confusion begins for me because iRO2 Wiki says that Ignas/Ignatz Gaebolg becomes known as Tristan Gaebolg I. And since King Tristan Gaebolg III exists in RO1, it doesn't make since for Tristan Gaebolg I to have come after him. If Ignatz truly came after Tristan Gaebolg III, then he should be known as Tristan Gaebolg IV.

#66 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hmm, interesting.

In RO1, it was said that there a period of time where Jormungandr terrorized Midgard. Seven warriors rose to fight the serpent and established Rune-Midgarts in its wake. The first king of the newly established Rune-Midgarts kingdom was Tristan Gaebolg I. I think that's where the confusion begins for me because iRO2 Wiki says that Ignas/Ignatz Gaebolg becomes known as Tristan Gaebolg I. And since King Tristan Gaebolg III exists in RO1, it doesn't make since for Tristan Gaebolg I to have come after him. If Ignatz truly came after Tristan Gaebolg III, then he should be known as Tristan Gaebolg IV.

Perhaps Ignatz is known as Tristan Gaebolg I of the Neu Era?

#67 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Perhaps Ignatz is known as Tristan Gaebolg I of the Neu Era?

I guess?

This is going to make mapping out the Gaebolg family tree VERY weird.

#68 Madoenz

Madoenz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

This is what happens when you don't read the thread and just jump right into the discussion.

4. This event never took place.
5. This event never took place.
6. This event never took place.
9. iRO2 decided to add in a little more detail (Valkyrie Reginleif), which isn't farfetched at all so this one's fine.
10. Vilfrid Barclay led the knights to attack Freyjanity base. Zeras Hyperion was one of the knights and he was the one who adopted "you" (the players).

Edit: Oh not to mention iRO2 history page doesn't even mention Randgris, Aione (inheriting Randgris's power), Lissur Anailuj who all plays(or played) big role in RO2 history.

I read the thread before, I just can't find any continuity to the history provided by the official website. Now you mentioned that Ignatz Geobolg is King Tristan I, that confuses me entirely.

Maybe the story is loosely based, or something like that. You know, altered and conditioned for online gaming. So it's not precisely coherent with previous products of Ragnarök.

Edited by Madoenz, 05 May 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

I read the thread before, I just can't find any continuity to the history provided by the official website. Now you mentioned that Ignatz Geobolg is King Tristan I, that confuses me entirely.

Maybe the story is loosely based, or something like that. You know, altered and conditioned for online gaming. So it's not precisely coherent with previous products of Ragnarök.

For goodness sakes, you obviously did not read through the thread. zr0rieu said that WarpPortal modified the original history of the game on the iRO2 site.

iRO2 Wiki is a direct translation of the official kRO2 history page while iRO2 history page contains translated + modified version of kRO2 history page. I'll explain why there are inconsistencies.

The kRO2 site is much more reliable considering that's information coming directly from the source of RO2.

#70 Madoenz

Madoenz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

For goodness sakes, you obviously did not read through the thread. zr0rieu said that WarpPortal modified the original history of the game on the iRO2 site.

The kRO2 site is much more reliable considering that's information coming directly from the source of RO2.

Oh, I'm so sorry guys. I guess I'm missing a lot of things here.

#71 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

I wouldn't count in the manwha, honestly. I mean, RO itself was very loosely based on it, so it has contradictions everywhere. So trying to link manwha, RO1 and RO2 won't really work.

As for that description in the web (even if it's made up, I'd like to point out that Svartalf probably references the Republic of Schwartzwald), something that is also confusing is that it describes the Freyjanity as both something disbanded by Hyperion's raid and a completely new group coming from Arunafeltz.
Speaking of which, it's weird to watch Freyja being depicted under such a negative light, as in RO1 she was described as a motherly and benign goddes (come to think of it, the Saintess has the physical traits that were required to become the Pope, and Randgris was alive at the time) rather than one that wanted to destroy the world. I also remember her sealing/slumber/half-death/whatever to be described as something tragic and a side-effect, Odin even told her how to wake up again (gathering Ymir's heart pieces), which is the base of the whole Arunafeltz arc, with its conspiracies and politics.

And since I mentioned Schwartzwald earlier, is the biolab in Mapple Forest supposed to be Regeschim or did they just bring Kiehl all the way from Lighthalzen? (what a generic and demonic dialogue selection it has, by the way).
And what happened to Geffen and Aldebaran? The place where Geffen used to be in the world map is now a lake. And speaking of Geffen, the story told in the page about the Askharian empire is weird, it doesn't sit well with the presence of Schwartzwald to the north of Rune-Midgards and it kinda contradicts how ancient Geffen was supposed to be (some kind of resettlement over the ruins of Geffenia, which quests never seem to explain).

It's also weird to see Vanaheim as some kind of hell, since in Nordic mythology it's the home of the Vanir, gods of agriculture, fertility and harvest, right above Alfheim and below Asgard, land of the Aesir, the war gods (which were more highly regarded by nordics). But that doesn't contradict anything from RO so we can just ignore it.

However, what intrigues me the most isn't Freyja's sudden heel-face turn, but Payon itself. Just for how long has it been haunted? Before day of destruction? After it? Just a few days/weeks/years ago? Did the witch kill everyone or did she just mess around with the spirits of already deceased people? (she isn't really powerful afterall) Did ninetails become aggressive before or after RO1?

Posted Image

#72 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Does RO2's Story take place before the events in iRO, or does it take place after iRO? There are plenty of examples that point to either one or the other, so which is it GMs?

After. If you follow the quests in RO1 they paint a bit of a vague picture, but it hilariously boils down to Adventurers Adventurin', causing rips in time and space and killing guardians (Thanatos) holding Satan Morroc back. It's the story of Ragnarok, after all. Sure, Adventurers resolve many issues, but they also lead to greater issues coming about as a result.

RO2:LOTS, I'm unsure if it's the legend of the second world or the legend of the second Ragnarok, because they seem pretty keen on the Freyjanity screwing stuff up with their Dimensional Cracks (Harnessing the remnants of Satan Morrocs Power, maybe?)

But it gives me a desperate hope that there might be a dimensional crack into the "Past of Rune-Midgarts" where we could see old fields, towns and dungeons recreated in the same style, but in RO2 assets. I think it would make the game feel more RO than it does if they decided to do it.

I accept the new towns and designs as a "Our world got mostly totalled, bro" as the climax of RO1.

Edited by Scott, 22 May 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#73 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I wouldn't count in the manwha, honestly. I mean, RO itself was very loosely based on it, so it has contradictions everywhere. So trying to link manwha, RO1 and RO2 won't really work.

Then why are the manwha characters in RO1 and RO2? Not to mention Lee Myung-jin (author of Ragnarok) is composing the story for both games.

#74 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

Then why are the manwha characters in RO1 and RO2? Not to mention Lee Myung-jin (author of Ragnarok) is composing the story for both games.

Loosely based as I mentioned earlier. They share names and some relationships and events, but they're not the same settings. Kinda like alternate universes, "based on" and stuff like that.
Even if we can see lots of familiar names in RO2 from RO1 like Eremes Guille, Holgrem and Zeras Hyperion, they're not supposed to be the very same people as in RO1 (well, not sure about Eremes since I haven't been through the Sograt Desert part of the game yet). Assassin Cross in RO1 also don't have the same strength and implications as in the manwha.

Just picking Chaos. If the manwha happened at any time, it was before RO1, right? The ravine we see in Divided Plains was caused by Randgris after Day of Destruction, and Chaos fought in that "war", so if manwha Chaos and RO2 Chaos are the very same person, that would mean that the ravine and the barren environment was created before RO1. However, all the way from Payon to Alberta in RO1 is lush green forest without any kind of high or deep obstacle. That would mean that Randgris created the ravine between RO1 and RO2 and Chaos fought Frayja then and there. However, the manwha can't take place AFTER RO1.

After. If you follow the quests in RO1 they paint a bit of a vague picture, but it hilariously boils down to Adventurers Adventurin', causing rips in time and space and killing guardians (Thanatos) holding Satan Morroc back.

Come to think of it, I got into RO1 AFTER Morroc's destruction, and sadly I never got to complete Thanatos Tower. How did those work?

From what I gathered from a New World quest, Rayan Moore got a group of people together, all of them partially controlled by Satan Morroc (makes me think of Call of Cthulhu), and through some rituals around Morroc (and foolish help from adventurers in another quest. "Protect R" was it?) managed to revive Satan, but he was still damaged and fled to Sograt Desert, where he was defeated and, before dying, managed to escape to Jottunheim.
As for Thanatos, I know that he and a group of adventurers went after Satan, with only him and a priest surviving. In the end, Thanatos gave his life away to seal Morroc and a palace was built over the seal. However, I don't know how this relates to the tower and his twisted memories. All that I know is that Rekenber wanted to harness some power related to Satan.

Edited by Nereida, 23 May 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#75 Lucy Ashely

Lucy Ashely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Posted Image
The answers should be obvious.
aliens

0 user(s) are reading this topic