Full DPS Crit Monk [Introduction, Stats, and Guide] - Page 2 - Acolyte - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Full DPS Crit Monk [Introduction, Stats, and Guide]

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

At first I made my build just using str/int/and vit and not even touching flee, but now I'm not so sure. Should I get agi instead of vit and make sure to get flee? I'm going hybrid.

IMO Agi is just as useless as Vit in low quantities, but if you plan to get flee then Agi is way better to compliment the skill.

#27 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

i saw around monk will get agi on gear in the future, this means will be doable as dps? im kinda interested on that cuz always loved monks but i hate tanking lol

#28 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

I dont know whats your problem! DPS can be viable or you all looking to this stupid Threathmeter ? Its just Say you have Aggro or not! Give me -_- Theoricrafting Stuff or i dont believe thats DPS with crit is not viable!

And yes maybe with this Skilltree that you use you cant deal Dmg for Soloing its fine!

Edited by Hivash, 10 May 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#29 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

i saw around monk will get agi on gear in the future, this means will be doable as dps? im kinda interested on that cuz always loved monks but i hate tanking lol

Link please?

#30 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

saw it on another guide, dunno if its a rumor or not.
quoting some guy from sea forum since might get me in trouble to link it

"AGI is somehow significant in the later patches as equipment with AGI bonuses will be introduced. It's better to dodge those attacks than to receive them, right? Well, this is a personal preference."

soem other mentioned kro2 had agi for monk on gear so thats why i asked, cant say this for sure tho since i dotn play there, just kinda desperate to have a good dps monk checking info on it :D

#31 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

"AGI is somehow significant in the later patches as equipment with AGI bonuses will be introduced. It's better to dodge those attacks than to receive them, right? Well, this is a personal preference."

This made me lol.
"No please! I don't wanna dodge! I wanna moar hits plix! I luv payn!"

#32 Ahrakis

Ahrakis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Is there really any PROOF that a Monk can't DPS as well as other DPS classes? The only measure I know of to check is the threat meter, but I am dubious as to using it as fact.

#33 Caspurr

Caspurr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

yes kRo monk gear has agility and monk gear here does not which hurts them badly

#34 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

How can you say Full DPS Monk ? With this Build you never a Full DPSler you dont skill any DPS Skills full and have useless Points in Steel Body Oo wtf Steel Body is fine for Solo Farming but you dont have any need for this except maybe Leveling i have it only skilled for the last 10 Levels for testing it.

This is the only Max DPS Skill Tree that is viable for a Full DPS Monk.

http://ro2base.com/b...3.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Rest Points in 6 Vit or 2 Agi normal its wayne.

Best Cards you can get before Dungeons Cards are Garbong Cards!

For Runes you should use +5 Agi or +5 Str but i think Str/Int is enough on Gear!

Why i dont skill Steel Body ? Because in a Raid or Dungeon you cant use it! Its only waste Points! Protection Ki must be enough "Oh -_- Button"

mfg Hivash

#35 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

For Runes you should use +5 Agi or +5 Str but i think Str/Int is enough on Gear!

Why i dont skill Steel Body ? Because in a Raid or Dungeon you cant use it! Its only waste Points! Protection Ki must be enough "Oh -_- Button"

mfg Hivash

What do you mean you can't use Steel Body in Raids or Dungeons??? Aside from that it's clearly not a waste of points, the -10% Atk is a very small price to pay to have double defence which is also compensated with TSS, it's clearly a no brainer there.

Edited by JustGabe, 13 May 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#36 HawkPeft

HawkPeft

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

http://ro2base.com/b...310531.22310531

That's would I would suggest for a full dps monk. As a full dps monk if you want to compete for dps slots, every single hit is going to need to do the most damage it can. Iron Skin and Protection Ki should suffice for natural sturdiness and an excellant defensive cooldown.

Steel Body cuts your dps and increases your threat, making you more likely to take aggro from the tank, which would be a bad spot to be in, and you shouldn't need the extra defense or hp if your playing correctly, if Assassins and Rogues can be expected to stay alive with their meager defense, then a Monk clearly can without Steel Body. If you want to be a hybrid monk, then Steel Body is a must of course, but this for a full damage build.

Lightning Crush does pitiful damage and too much threat generation to be a viable option. You could take 4 points out of Lightning walk and put it into Flee for a decent second defensive cooldown if you feel the need, or Steel Body I guess, I just like Lightning Walk with a 20 second cooldown for soloing purposes.

With SSS and Vigor from gear, Fury Explosion will see a lot of uptime, which is great, so I think level 5 is a must for any damage build.

That's just the way I'm building my Monk, I hope it doesn't flop, but that's why it's just a test character.

#37 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

I cant believe ? Really cant you read ? Your Threat gets +300% thats not a Tank State! And -10% AP is Massiv DPS Waste! You Have 2000 AP with Steel Body you have 1800 AP thats to high to deal with it! Thats 100 waste Str Points this cant be good. But i think you have see this on SEA and think oh they make this on SEA now i must make this too......

You normal have no need for Def Stats like Steel Body. Protection KI and Iron Skin must be enough all the Way! With full SSS you can use it very often.

Edith says: If you get to much dmg your Healers must heal you not only the Tanks. They must life with this! All the way you must try to dogde Voids and AoE effects from Boss!

Edited by Hivash, 13 May 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#38 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

I cant believe ? Really cant you read ? Your Threat gets +300% thats not a Tank State! And -10% AP is Massiv DPS Waste! You Have 2000 AP with Steel Body you have 1800 AP thats to high to deal with it! Thats 100 waste Str Points this cant be good. But i think you have see this on SEA and think oh they make this on SEA now i must make this too......

You normal have no need for Def Stats like Steel Body. Protection KI and Iron Skin must be enough all the Way! With full SSS you can use it very often.

Edith says: If you get to much dmg your Healers must heal you not only the Tanks. They must life with this! All the way you must try to dogde Voids and AoE effects from Boss!

You must be pretty high if you think people are going to accept a monk as a DPS source in a raid

#39 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

You must be pretty high if you think people are going to accept a monk as a DPS source in a raid

And you must be very high to think threat meter is a dps meter lold

#40 pollenpetal

pollenpetal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Ragnarok Online II: Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

I'm a DPS monk at lvl 50 now. Even so I am a DPS I still want to be accepted in any raid RUNS. I have 5 STC as my card.Assuming that I dont have proper gears for DPS yet. Atleast I'm acceptable as a tank slash DPS myself. I'm very welcome in every raid and party and I got complement all the time. Steel Body is useful. Thats my fortune.

#41 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Says you play as a Tank in Raid ? Then you are no DD or im wrong ? And now tell me when should Steel Body be usefull ? You steel the Tank Aggro then you outthreat him easy with DD Gear! I dont know what you think but something is wrong!

You dont have to get Aggro as DD(Damage Dealer) if you get Aggro you doing something wrong! The Tank should have Aggro!

I'm 50 since 4 Days and in all Dungeons i was i dont need Steel Body i has it already skilled it for Soloing some -_- for rest of Khara Quest! But if i'm ready i skillreset this and going Full DD. I think Protection KI shoulb be enough you dont need Steel Body! If you going OFF Tank then maybe you should skill Steel Body but not as Pure DD.

#42 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

So what's up with your agi crit monk pollenpetal ?
Do you play it ?

#43 pollenpetal

pollenpetal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Ragnarok Online II: Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

@Skyton Yes.

#44 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

And you must be very high to think threat meter is a dps meter lold

He meant that a Monk is expected to Tank, not to serve as a DPS, and the reason a Monk is very welcomed in any party is because of his off-tank abilities.

Edited by JustGabe, 14 May 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#45 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

What is your Problem this is a Thread aboiut a DPS Monk not Tank not OFFTank its about a f...ing DPS MONK whats wrong with you all. The Threadname says this "Full DPS Crit Monk [Introduction, Stats, and Guide]" nothing offtank or Tank! And now you!

Lets talk about a real DD Monk or go out of the thread pls!

#46 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

having in mind, same effort/zeny spend on gear/player, atm most likely the dps you would get off a monk is lower than most of classes, making it kinda unwanted or not worth it.
in public or elitist eyes its: go tank or gtfo in raids, there must be a lot of ppl (myself included) that still gonna try to dps with it, even if dps is crap i rather play something i enjoy on the way i like it than being forced to play something that would be just annoying for me.

low amount of agi that monk can get makes kinda worthless to invest agi as stat per lvl you get /this might change in future not sure)
atm monk gear gives about same ap from stats (str/int) than any other physical class, but no agi at all so the amount of crit you can achieve is really low

imo play it and enjoy it, but for raids is most likely you gonna have hard time to get a spot, unless you get into a very friendly guild and other circumstances, hope this changes tho

Edited by Raidius, 14 May 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#47 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

It's kind of hard to NOT spec into some of the monk's tank-y skills. Considering how few skills we have and the fact that we get refunded our acolyte points.

#48 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

So, i'm wondering how i can start the game as a monk. I checked a lot of forums/websites for builds and i'm really attracted to play an agi monk as the future ...BUT, i didn't played RO2 yet (i'll start this week^^).

It seems that ppl who played as an agi monk are really happy of the build.
There are many builds to play atm but i don't know what is the best to play because of my inexperience !
I already have the build (http://ro2base.com/b...3.1.1/0.0.0.0.0 )
I'll ask for the card later :)

:D Pollen what do you think about this ? xD

#49 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

What is your Problem this is a Thread aboiut a DPS Monk not Tank not OFFTank its about a f...ing DPS MONK whats wrong with you all. The Threadname says this "Full DPS Crit Monk [Introduction, Stats, and Guide]" nothing offtank or Tank! And now you!

Lets talk about a real DD Monk or go out of the thread pls!

It's still Monk related because what I'm trying to say is that a DPS Monk won't be as useful as a Tank Monk because it will pale in comparison to other DPS classes (maybe the only class it can really out damage are the Wizards), so it's not really off topic, chill out man.

Edited by JustGabe, 15 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#50 Hivash

Hivash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSchweiz

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

i chill all the time but you waste your time with your tank disscution in a dps thread.

Give me Threorycrafty about DPS monks and other classes then i mabye beleave this -_-.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users