Greetings and salutations, everyone!
My name is Cyprias. I am currently a level 28 FS Sorc in the guild Havoc. I will be writing a guide for you today on the Full Support Sorcerer. I'd like to start off by thanking you for reading my guide. It is very kind of you to visit. This is my first guide, so please don't hate if my formatting is weird or anything. I'm open for suggestions and tips!
As a foreword, I would like to say that I fully acknowledge the fact that my lack of knowledge and experience may lead to some incorrect information. That is why I named this thread "Guide & Discussion", so that we can fact check, update, and maintain a guide that will help people now and in the future. My idea with this thread is to kind of "live-update" it as I'm leveling so I can test to see what works and what doesn't. Please try to be patient and understanding with information that changes.
If you see incorrect information, please feel free to contact me about it through a PM or a reply to this thread and I will change it if necessary. Please keep this thread free from flaming, bashing, and/or negative remarks aimed at me or the FS Sorcerers on our server.
This guide is incomplete and a work in progress. Please be patient with me as I continue updating and adding more information. Thanks!
- 5/9/2013 - Guide Started - Added Skeleton Outline, Skill Descriptions, Beginning of Boss List
- 5/10/2013 - Moved some information around regarding builds and leveling. Added a skill description for Rejuvenation. Changed wording on the tl;dr. Will be updating some more information soon. Changed the "Leveling-to-full-support" to better reflect what a level 25 Sorcerer should/could look like. Added contributor information in bolded orange. Added boss tips for Normal Temple of the Sea God. Added a "Normal" and "Hard" separation in the Boss section.
tl:dr (BEFORE YOU READ)
- This guide is for FULL SUPPORT SORCERERS ONLY. I will not be discussing anything about damage builds, hybrid builds, damaging skills, how to maximize DPS, why Sorc over Wizard, etc. If you would like a better breakdown of Sorcerers, please check out Kiyoshiro's Random Guide for Sorcerers.
- Sorcerers CAN solo heal dungeons. It is harder and a lot of people will doubt you...but you are fully capable of healing most, if not all, dungeons without the aid of a Priest (or other healing class).
- While Sorcerers can heal, Priests are definitely the "main healer" in this game, as
the base healing from their skills is higherthey have more supportive skills than a Sorcerer does. ( - Synesthetic)
- Priests - More supportive skills, a "safer" healer.
- Sorcerers - Higher magic stats from equipment, more consistent AoE Healing, better at being a "support" healer rather than a "main" healer. ( - Synesthetic)
- Which is better? It doesn't matter. Play what YOU want to play, even if it's the harder, less popular choice. I prefer Sorcerer because their skills are earth and water based, instead of light based, and I think that's cool!
Table of Contents
- Sorcerer Skill Descriptions (Support Skills Only)
- How do you build a Full Support Sorcerer? [Coming Soon]
- Stat Points
- Skill Builds
- Leveling a Full Support Sorcerer [Coming Soon]
- Priest vs. Sorcerer Skill Comparison [Coming Soon]
- List of Dungeons Completed as a Solo Healer Sorcerer w/ Boss Tips [Coming Soon]
- Sorcerer (Sorc) - The class this guide is about! To become a Sorcerer, you make a Magician base class and level it to 25. From there, you get the Job Class change to Sorcerer, complete it, and then you become a Sorcerer!
- Full Support (FS) - This means the character/player has prioritized supportive skills over damaging skills, putting them completely into a support role.
- Heal over Time (HoT) - Any heal that is not a direct burst heal, but rather restores health over a period of time.
- Area-of-Effect (AoE) - Any skill that affects an area rather than a single target.
- Dispel - A skill that removes status effects from an enemy or ally. For clarity purposes, Dispel will refer to the ally-oriented negative status removing skill that both Priests and Sorcerers have in this game.
- Buff - No, this does not mean that your character is a macho man with huge muscles. Buffs are skills that characters obtain that either give themselves or others higher stats for a limited amount of time. (I.E., Earth Shield gives your whole party 20% increased defense)
- Cooldown (CD) - Cooldown refers to the time between when you use a skill and when it becomes available for use again.
2. Sorcerer Skill Descriptions
- Earth Seal - 5/5 - Increases all healing by 20/40/60/80/100% and applies a heal over time that heals for 20/23/25/28/30% of magic power when your heal crits. This is your bread and butter. If you are a support Sorc, you MUST have this skill maximized. It doubles the amount of healing you do with all healing skills. Healing without this will make you nearly useless as a healer and completely useless as a main healer.
- Healing Wave - 5/5 - Heals a single target for 12/13/14/16/17% Magic Power (Earth Seal = 24/26/28/32/34%). This is your spam heal. Max it. Pretty self explanatory.
- Rejuvenation - 1~5/5 - Heals a single target for 18/21/23/25/27% Magic Power (Earth Seal = 36/42/46/50/54%). The usefulness of this skill is debatable, as the "instant cast" description of the skill is incorrect. There is about a 1.5 second delay on the skill and an 8 second CD, which can easily be replaced with 2 Healing Waves. ( - Indaliceo) I prefer maxing Rejuvenation, as I feel more comfortable having another heal. In the end it is up to you though.
- Soul Binding - 1~3/3 - This is your resurrection skill. At level 1, it is on a 50 minute CD...but at level 3 it's only down to a 30 min CD. Maxing this is up to you.
- Earth Shield - 5/5 - This skill provides a party/raid wide buff that increases all members' defense by 4/8/12/16/20%. As a support, this is a very useful skill. MAX IT!
- Land of Recovery - 5/5 - Heals all party/raid members in an area on the ground around the target for 7/8/9/10/11% (Earth Seal = 14/16/18/20/22%) every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. This is your main AoE heal. It's very useful, but be warned, it's not really an 'oh "oops" heal. It helps for sustaining and if pre-casted, could potentially save members from being killed during a huge attack
- Soul Cleansing - 1/5 - Removes all debuffs from 1/2/3/4/5 party members in the target area. At this point in the game, there is really no reason to use this skill, as most of the debuffs in this game do not last for long AND because this dispel rarely removes status effects. Put 1 point in it to move further down the tree and then forget about it.
- Meditation = 1/5 - Effect increases when Healing skill applies as a critical heal by 340/380/420/460/500% exceeding 95% of Accuracy. Basically, this skill increases your crit heals by a percentage based off of your total Accuracy stat whenever you crit heal. But since your Accuracy stat doesn't ever really get that high...this skill becomes useless. Put 1 point in it and then move on.
- Deluge - 5/5 - Summons a water spirit to increase max HP of all party/raid members by 4/8/12/16/20% for 10 seconds. Also heals HP equivalent to magic power of 26/29/32/35/39% (Earth Seal = 52/58/64/70/78%) THIIIIIIIS is your 'Oh "Oops" AoE heal. This skill is EXCELLENT! The only downside is that the effect application time is kind of slow and the CD is pretty long in comparison. MAX IT!
And for now, those are all of your support skills!
3. How do you build a Full Support Sorcerer?
Being a magic class, Sorcerers should focus on Intelligence (INT) and Agility (AGI) with an occasional build adding Vitality (VIT). For clarification purposes, my descriptions will be written as AGI/INT/VIT.
Balance - 40/40/8 - This is a generic build. Most classes follow this for their builds, as it provides an all-around balance in stats.
Balanced #2 (AKA Who needs VIT? Not me.) - 41/41 - This sacrifices the menial amount of VIT to give you an additional point in both INT and AGI. From the research I've done, the common consensus is that 8 points in VIT is not going to make a difference in anything.
Crit Heavy (AKA I'LL HEAL YOUR FACE OFF) - 51/27/3 - Untested. I hypothesize that this build will maximize your crit healing potential, procing Earth Shield like CRAZY. But you may suffer from overall lower healing due to the lack of INT. There are talks that it is easier to replace lost INT through gear and cards than it is to replace lost AGI. ( -Indaliceo)
Power Healer (...I'm at a loss for this one) - 27/51/3 - Untested. For this one, I hypothesize that you would have very high base heals with a super low crit chance, making the proc of Earth Seal very rare. This may or may not hurt you, depending on how useful you see the HoT that comes from Earth Seal.
Skill Points100% True Full Support Build - If you are dead set on having only 100% support skills, this is the build for you. (Ignore the stat points for now. I messed them up). I personally would not do this build because the excess points in Meditation, Soul Cleansing, and Soul Binding could be better spent, in my opinion. This build gives you all buffs, healing skills, and dispel maxed, as well as lowest CD for your resurrection. You also get Meditation, which will give you that slight increase to critical healing. You also get a maxed Frost Diver with this build, which could help you hold CC on mobs or in PvP. This build leaves you EXTREMELY weak in the offensive department, as you are left with mostly your beginning skills and 1 point into Summon Aqua.
4. Leveling a Full Support Sorcerer
Leveling-to-Full Support Build - At level 25 after your class change, put 1 skill point into each skill down the lightning tree to Jupter/Jupitel Thunder. After that, go down the ice/water tree with 1 point each until you unlock Earth Seal and Healing Wave. From there, MAX Earth Seal and Healing Wave right away and then put 1 skill point into each of your support skills (the left and middle columns). From there, it is really up to your discretion on how to finish out this build.
If healing more, I would alternate points between only your healing skills, while avoiding Meditation and Soul Cleansing after allocating 1 point in them to access the skills that come further down the line, as they do not provide very much benefit at this point in the game.
If soloing more, I would focus on getting Jupter/Jupitel Thunder to max level and maybe even Wind Arms (for the extra damage procs), then start rotating my points through my healing skills.
5. Priest vs. Sorcerer Skill Comparison
6. List of Dungeons Completed as a Full Support Sorcerer w/ Boss Tips
Normal ModeIzlude Cave
- Vadon King - Cleared 5/8/2013.
- Very easy to heal.
- Penomena - Cleared 5/8/2013.
- He is somewhat hard to heal. Make sure you kill the pre-existing adds before the fight and get your team to pull the summoned adds off of you. Pay attention to who is poisoned (Their HP will plummet) and make sure you focus heal them. Pop potions when necessary. Some say it is easier to have your whole party stand on the Tank and heal from there instead of having ranged keep distance. I have not tested this yet.
- Mortal Nukaruka - Cleared 5/8/2013.
- Vanuatu - Cleared 5/8/2013.
- Pretty easy tank and spank. Make sure your party does not line-of-sight your heals. Get your tank or a DPS to keep adds off you as they spawn.
- Leviathan - Cleared 5/8/2013.
- Slightly difficult depending on your party make-up. Make sure that your party knows the fight. If they don't, teach them. BRING PLENTY OF POTIONS and remind your party to do the same. Try to convince your melee DPS and maybe the tank, depending on their skill, to dodge the massive blue circle AoE. Avoid the whirlpool and pay close attention to who Leviathan is tossing his black clouds at - they will need focus healing for a bit until he's done.
Edited by kohppa, 10 May 2013 - 10:16 AM.