5/14/2013 Patch Notes - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/14/2013 Patch Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#126 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

You can trade in Prize Medals.

i thought the prize medals one are non-slotted?

#127 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

The official announcement http://www.playragna...spx?id=261 says there is a quest for the Rachel Spotlight, but the quest NPC remains unavailable. The quest text at the playragnarok site is:

Spotlight Quest: Adventure of the Tarnished Lamp
The adventure begins in Prontera (60 342) When you are contacted by a messenger who has you seeking a magical item that was in the possession of your late uncle.

*wry grin* I'd sit my priest at the 60,342 quest spot and have it set up shop to buy angry snarls (the fewer angry people the better!) since this is an RPG where priests are supposed to improve karma in the world. It's a nice touch for RO that even priests can set up shops in RO if they pick up that ability from that renegade merchant. Anyways, the preliminary stub for the quest has been at http://irowiki.org/w..._Tarnished_Lamp waiting for the quest to start so that someone can go thru the quest and then update the quest article.

#128 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

i thought the prize medals one are non-slotted?

No, those ones are slotted. Even if you click the links on that page it'll direct you to the slotted wiki entry.

#129 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

No, those ones are slotted. Even if you click the links on that page it'll direct you to the slotted wiki entry.

ok thanks :D

#130 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

I heard the Golden Dragonhelm is in there, too. Slightly less offensive since it was in the Kafra shop already at some point, but still leaves me with a bad taste. <_<

Ya it is & that's pretty sad to since it was also a quest item that most of us worked hard to earn & then upgraded in order to get a costume from it. I don't remember it being in the Kafra Shop however either way I see no point in quest earned items, or those that are made into costumes from quests, being added to the Kafra Shop, just because Gravity is looking for a way to make money.

#131 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

There will be any solution for the unwanted costumes?

#132 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

Ya it is & that's pretty sad to since it was also a quest item that most of us worked hard to earn & then upgraded in order to get a costume from it. I don't remember it being in the Kafra Shop however either way I see no point in quest earned items, or those that are made into costumes from quests, being added to the Kafra Shop, just because Gravity is looking for a way to make money.

I agree. :( It's nothing particularly OP that people would be so upset to have missed it, but it was nice to have something that represented the effort you put into the quest and getting the costume version. During the event they had added it into a lucky box, but my guess is that many people boxter'd it soon after. I never found it that useful but it was a nice trinket.

(this incident kind of reminds me of the note headphones...)

There will be any solution for the unwanted costumes?

Campitor mentioned earlier in the posts that there would be a sort of Boxter NPC for the extras.

Edited by Alaska, 15 May 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#133 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

ohh thx
i was thinking in solding them to npc :p_err:

#134 Jun09

Jun09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hope there will be a boxter for unwanted costume... wanted to post the image but unable to.... want to show my proof of after 44 boxes... i finally got the moon costume.... gambling is bad....

Edited by Jun09, 15 May 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#135 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

I agree. :( It's nothing particularly OP that people would be so upset to have missed it, but it was nice to have something that represented the effort you put into the quest and getting the costume version. During the event they had added it into a lucky box, but my guess is that many people boxter'd it soon after. I never found it that useful but it was a nice trinket.

(this incident kind of reminds me of the note headphones...)

Campitor mentioned earlier in the posts that there would be a sort of Boxter NPC for the extras.

I didn't think the Dragonhelm was very useful either, but it looked cool as a costume, however I did find that it came in handy later on the TI's where the Dragons were part of the mobs.

Haha... the headphones :)

I missed seeing Camp say anything about a Boxter for the Costumes. That would be great if it happens. I have so many useless costumes from the past I would love to get out of storage. Hopefully they will update the real Boxter first & it won't take as long to put the Costumes in the new or same Boxter. Doesn't make sense to me that they would need a second NPC to accept equipment though.

#136 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

I think he mentioned it would only be costumes from this box. >.>'

#137 arthurscience

arthurscience

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hope there will be a boxter for unwanted costume... wanted to post the image but unable to.... want to show my proof of after 44 boxes... i finally got the moon costume.... gambling is bad....

44? GAWD, you are the reason they do stupid -_- like this. They only put in the work to create one new item, but why sell it in a straight-forward manner when they can hype it up, put it in a random box at low chance, and get every desperate sap to buy something to the tune of 44 of them? :pif:

I am disgusted by the blatant slap-in-the-face business practices with the iRO cash shop, and even more disgusted that there is a fanbase to encourage it. :p_sick:

#138 Jun09

Jun09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

44? GAWD, you are the reason they do stupid -_- like this. They only put in the work to create one new item, but why sell it in a straight-forward manner when they can hype it up, put it in a random box at low chance, and get every desperate sap to buy something to the tune of 44 of them? :pif:

I am disgusted by the blatant slap-in-the-face business practices with the iRO cash shop, and even more disgusted that there is a fanbase to encourage it. :p_sick:

Well.... my thinking was to try a few to see the rate. Until my buddy got it in 5 box (2 x moon).... so i try... end up again and again. until my last 300kp i was like numbless opening box. so just click it and when i realize i got it.... im not even happy.

In my mind i only thinking this... this is nothing worse than the Phone app game.... "Rage Of Bahamut". lucky im the type that set a limit on how much money i spend so.... im still fine.

BTW: please dont spend money in Rage of Bahamut if u cannot control how much u spend. It's more deadly than iRO boxes...(not here to advertise so not going further).

Edited by Jun09, 15 May 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#139 arthurscience

arthurscience

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Well.... my thinking was to try a few to see the rate. Until my buddy got it in 5 box (2 x moon).... so i try... end up again and again. until my last 300kp i was like numbless opening box. so just click it and when i realize i got it.... im not even happy.

In my mind i only thinking this... this is nothing worse than the Phone app game.... "Rage Of Bahamut". lucky im the type that set a limit on how much money i spend so.... im still fine.

BTW: please dont spend money in Rage of Bahamut if u cannot control how much u spend. It's more deadly than iRO boxes...(not here to advertise so not going further).

Yeah man, I feel bad for you, but even more so I feel ashamed that a game I've dedicated so much time to regularly engages in such predatory practices.

#140 grafeisen

grafeisen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationM-m-malangdo Islannnnnddddd
  • Server:Chaotic Renewal

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Monsters in the Spotlight

• Agav
  • Anacondaq
  • Anopheles
  • Beholder
  • Desert Wolf
  • Baby Desert Wolf
  • Echio
  • Gazeti
  • Gremlin
  • Hillwind
  • Hodremlin
  • Ice Titan
  • Iceicle
  • Isilla
  • Kobold (Stabby Stabby)
  • Kobold (Smashy Smashy)
  • Kobold (Pokey Pokey)
  • Kobold (Pew Pew)
  • Roween
  • Seeker
  • Snowier
  • Vanberk

Campitor did you forget Siromas on purpose? :( it is pretty ridiculious to have another Ice Dungeon mobs doubled but not the Siromas... I went there earlier and noticed Siroma spawns rate is still the same as usual..

Or is it just me?

Anyway nice update!! Good luck for those who after that new costume :p_laugh: Looking forward to the new episode as well haha

#141 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

The mid TI is all good.nothing too ridiculous..but i was disappointed with Gramps's reward..at lvl 121/28, i got a 5% increase in base EXP & 3% increase in job EXP ( non VIP, no BM, nothing )
tbh, the rewards weren't that good for my lvl 101 sura too..i wish Last week's TI had stayed..

yet to visit Low ti..i hope its nice. :)

i thought it was just me! its weird to hear a nonvip say the same thing though since last week was x2 exp for vip. but ya the exp i got from the TI was pretty pathetic. the mobs give pretty decent exp though. for once i actually gained more from mob killing then the actual ti =/

The official announcement http://www.playragna...spx?id=261 says there is a quest for the Rachel Spotlight, but the quest NPC remains unavailable. The quest text at the playragnarok site is:

Spotlight Quest: Adventure of the Tarnished Lamp
The adventure begins in Prontera (60 342) When you are contacted by a messenger who has you seeking a magical item that was in the possession of your late uncle.

*wry grin* I'd sit my priest at the 60,342 quest spot and have it set up shop to buy angry snarls (the fewer angry people the better!) since this is an RPG where priests are supposed to improve karma in the world. It's a nice touch for RO that even priests can set up shops in RO if they pick up that ability from that renegade merchant. Anyways, the preliminary stub for the quest has been at http://irowiki.org/w..._Tarnished_Lamp waiting for the quest to start so that someone can go thru the quest and then update the quest article.

this is the second spotlight in a row that theyve neglected to put in the spotlight quest npc. i feel like theyve completely abandoned this game for RO2 now. poor campitor is so overworked its not even funny.

maybe he can come up with some sort of compensation to make up for us not getting to do the spotlights while they were still worth good exp. like maybe the quest itself give x2 exp for a week or something.

#142 Mijikai

Mijikai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why isn't Siroma in the list when it's here? > http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=261

The cake is a lie!

#143 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Rachel Spotlight will be going in. Monsters in the Spotlight

• Agav
  • Anacondaq
  • Anopheles
  • Beholder
  • Desert Wolf
  • Baby Desert Wolf
  • Echio
  • Gazeti
  • Gremlin
  • Hillwind
  • Hodremlin
  • Ice Titan
  • Iceicle
  • Isilla
  • Kobold (Stabby Stabby)
  • Kobold (Smashy Smashy)
  • Kobold (Pokey Pokey)
  • Kobold (Pew Pew)
  • Roween
  • Seeker
  • Snowier
  • Vanberk

The above list of monsters is different from the list of monsters at the playragnarok.com official announcement. I hope that the website announcement is updated to match your list because having two differing lists decreases the "officialness" of the official website. The perception that the official website is always the official final word is an important point in the minds of players, especially new ones.

#144 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Ugh the costumes should be tradeable, this is so dumb. I have multiple accounts you know.

#145 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

i thought it was just me! its weird to hear a nonvip say the same thing though since last week was x2 exp for vip. but ya the exp i got from the TI was pretty pathetic. the mobs give pretty decent exp though. for once i actually gained more from mob killing then the actual ti =/

It's been said many times that Double EXP Events do NOT apply to the actual TI EXP Rewards or Quests themselves only to monsters killed.

It's hard to believe there are people complaining about the EXP gained from the Gramp's TI's when it's higher then any other EXP you can gain doing any TI or Quest.

I've never kept track personally of the amount of EXP gained from any of the Gramp's TI's, but I would imagine it's just like any other EXP that you gain & based on the Characters Level, however I could be wrong.

I'm not sure why else it would change from week to week otherwise.

#146 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Last week's TI ( Incubus/sucubus ) was very good imo. I used to get +10%easily per TI, but now its 5%..( approx )..Current TI is way too easy..

#147 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Last week's TI ( Incubus/sucubus ) was very good imo. I used to get +10%easily per TI, but now its 5%..( approx )..Current TI is way too easy..

It's amazing how many complain about the TI's. Either people complain about them being too hard or being too easy.

Just be happy we have the TI's & that we can gain the amount of EXP we can off of them :p_idea:

Would you rather have no TI's at all :questionmark:

#148 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

Just go into the MidTI & see how many players complain & how many praise !! You'de be hard-pressed to find even a bunch of people who are happy with the rewards..
almost everyone is not happy with Low EXP( VIP or Non VIP )..btw, this is not a complain..just a suggesstion that people wouldn't mind having a bit stronger monsters for more EXP than having average monsters for crap EXP..The only reason for me to do this week's TI is because of the EMB that we get at the end of TI..
there are better places to grind this week than at TI & thats where most of the players are planning to grind.

#149 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Just go into the MidTI & see how many players complain & how many praise !! You'de be hard-pressed to find even a bunch of people who are happy with the rewards..
almost everyone is not happy with Low EXP( VIP or Non VIP )..btw, this is not a complain..just a suggesstion that people wouldn't mind having a bit stronger monsters for more EXP than having average monsters for crap EXP..The only reason for me to do this week's TI is because of the EMB that we get at the end of TI..
there are better places to grind this week than at TI & thats where most of the players are planning to grind.

You are first commenting about the Mid-TI Rewards. If you are still talking about the EXP gained from doing any of the TI's I've already commented on that. I seriously doubt you can contradict what I stated though.

If this isn't a complaint & a suggestion then you wouldn't be referring to people not being happy, after you already mentioned that you weren't, however that still isn't the point.

If you have been reading the past two maintenance threads, most of the comments posted in there, about the TI's, had to do with people being unhappy with the fact that the TI's were too HARD.

IMO players actually grind doing Eden TI's & Spotlight Events solo or with parties. You can only do a Gramp's TI once every 24 hours so I don't see how you can grind it. The Gramp's TI's just are the easiest was to earn the most EXP in the shortest amount of time ;)

#150 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Err.. I personally also prefer harder monster with better exp. it gives me kind of self-achievement when doing TI.
But, yeah, except for bio3 TI. They are hard monster that basically gives no exp in return (I die so many times due to noobness). In that kind of situation, there is no self achievement, there is only rage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users