Maintenance Time Change - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance Time Change

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#26 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

1) The servers are based in NA.
2) The majority of the players are in NA.
3) The least amount of traffic in the game, overall (NA and EU combined), takes place during the new timeslot.

Three pretty strong, fact based reasons.

1) doesnt matter marketed as international
2) doesnt matter customers should be treated equal
3) doesnt justify screwing us over on every possible occasion and then denying it when confronted about it

#27 Broism

Broism

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Bro
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

EU be ragin' cajun up in here bruh.

SoCal here -- time works PERFECTLY. Thanks a bunch for basing your timing around what the
server clock is and where the server is actually located. It makes sense.

#28 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

EU be ragin' cajun up in here bruh.

SoCal here -- time works PERFECTLY. Thanks a bunch for basing your timing around what the
server clock is and where the server is actually located. It makes sense.'

so you dont have an issue with us getting treated like second tier players? none what so ever? waoh

#29 Broism

Broism

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Bro

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

so you dont have an issue with us getting treated like second tier players? none what so ever? waoh

Correct, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Why?

Because WP isn't doing anything wrong and you're just complaining because everything about a server
that is located in the US does things at proper times in the US.

Their office isn't located in Munich. It isn't located in Melbourne. It's located in the US PDT timezone, so
PDT logical timing is what they will use.

Get over it.

#30 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Correct, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Why?

Because WP isn't doing anything wrong and you're just complaining because everything about a server
that is located in the US does things at proper times in the US.

Their office isn't located in Munich. It isn't located in Melbourne. It's located in the US PDT timezone, so
PDT logical timing is what they will use.

Get over it.

*Hands beer ( or whatever you drink) You sir are my hero.... tired of all the QQ over times.... I would love to join the EU server when it comes out then rage about things not being based on us times and see what they think over there...

#31 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

*Hands beer ( or whatever you drink) You sir are my hero.... tired of all the QQ over times.... I would love to join the EU server when it comes out then rage about things not being based on us times and see what they think over there...

oh the classic roll over and take it they advertised as INTERNATIONAL not NA they have to support all regions like they claim they do

#32 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Deal with it or quit? Thats basically the only two choices you have you are a minority, and the game will no be changed just so a few can smile. They will do what is in the best interest for the MAJORITY of the players. As my mom used to say to me you are just SOL ( -_- out of luck)

Ex: Everyone wants to go out, but one person can't go at the appointed time. If you change the time the others won't be able to go. 9/10 times the one person will be -_- . END OF STORY

Edited by Baddiez, 28 May 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#33 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Deal with it or quit? Thats basically the only two choices you have you are a minority, and the game will no be changed just so a few can smile. They will do what is in the best interest for the MAJORITY of the players. As my mom used to say to me you are just SOL ( -_- out of luck)

Ex: Everyone wants to go out, but one person can't go at the appointed time. If you change the time the others won't be able to go. 9/10 times the one person will be -_- . END OF STORY

if ure read anything its not about only the times its about everything being spoonfed to the US like "we have 2 colo times lets not split them up lets just give it to ourselves"
this time change was the only thing we had positive the only thing tha tpointed that they actually somewhat honored what they said that they would.
and ure a bad customer if u just deal with it or quit i complain because it can be fixed and it should not neccecarly by changing the times on maintenace but by honoring their own god damn pormise

#34 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think the colo thing could be fixed yes they could just make a few different times and give you a 2 colo entrances a day limit ( It's not just inconvenient to you guys). But as things are now well you are SOL man....

#35 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

right and u shouldnt accept that if the provider is doing some bad -_- you should call them on it not roll over and take it

they said themselves they have 3 regions that they care equally for (at least that is what they claim) how hard is it to split 10 into 4/3/3 intead of 10/0/0

Edited by Raxxahaxxa, 28 May 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#36 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

YOU Should because I'm pretty sure unless something drastic happens the times won't be changed... It's like the dungeon bugs for windows 8 64 bit... I raged and raged and raged... but now i'm just like-_- it *farms stc, poisana etc* me raging isn't going to make -_- go faster or get changed. If you had over 50% of the player base on your side yeah I think they would look into it, but as things are now I wouldn't be suprised if nothing got changed lol

#37 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

They care for all regions equally, but they care for the players as a whole also( I think I can't really speak on their behalf). What benefits the most amount of people is what will happen. Sorry man but as I said before -_- out of luck.

#38 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

when they split it 10/0/0 intead of 4/3/3 i call bull-_- on caring equally simple as that

#39 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

Well It seems like you will be butthurt till they either someones replies or a GM gets mad and says stfu, but i think the only one that would do that sadly isn't here anymore QQ. The way i see it-_- you guys we got our -_- thats all that matters. I guess I'm selfish *shrugs*. *Enjoys colo (when i actually get in)* *sleeps during maint time*. Trying to be understanding or nice never works I guess the I'll just be a-_- attitude is the easiest one to do now... meh whatever.

P.S. *Takes cookies* My cookies screw you guys!

Edited by Baddiez, 28 May 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#40 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

not complaining about bad buisness practice = more bad buisness practice. i rather come across as "butthurt" then support that

#41 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

dude, relax. you're blowing this way out of porpotion. just because you can't play at a certain time doesn't mean you have to rage on about it. it's only 4 hours of maintance (sometimes shorter). read a book or something

#42 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

dude, relax. you're blowing this way out of porpotion. just because you can't play at a certain time doesn't mean you have to rage on about it. it's only 4 hours of maintance (sometimes shorter). read a book or something

its just one thing of many colo, events, q and a ,maintenace, gms being online etc

#43 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

We based the Colo times on when the population is the highest. The European peak is about 11am ~ 2pm. We have to do the maintenance at some time during the week, due to how server OS updates are scheduled it has to be after Tuesday, and due to how school schedules work out we need it to be prior Europe Thursday night, and further since we do need to have support from overseas for the case of "patch gone wrong" we need to have it somewhat late night early morning PDT time.

Taking all those into account means our maint should be completed between 2am and 9am PDT. If we were doing this just to make our lives easiest we would schedule it at 9am so we are fresh awake in the morning and have all day to sit and monitor for issues before we return home, but we choose to do it for times that work best for the greatest number of players. If you are one of the handful that are negatively effected by the maintenance time I am sorry, but no matter when it is, someone will be impacted we never have a time where the servers are completely empty.

#44 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

its just one thing of many colo, events, q and a ,maintenace, gms being online etc

what, and you think EU is the only ones getting screwed? B)

Stop being self centered and enjoy what you DO have

#45 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

We based the Colo times on when the population is the highest. The European peak is about 11am ~ 2pm. We have to do the maintenance at some time during the week, due to how server OS updates are scheduled it has to be after Tuesday, and due to how school schedules work out we need it to be prior Europe Thursday night, and further since we do need to have support from overseas for the case of "patch gone wrong" we need to have it somewhat late night early morning PDT time.

Taking all those into account means our maint should be completed between 2am and 9am PDT. If we were doing this just to make our lives easiest we would schedule it at 9am so we are fresh awake in the morning and have all day to sit and monitor for issues before we return home, but we choose to do it for times that work best for the greatest number of players. If you are one of the handful that are negatively effected by the maintenance time I am sorry, but no matter when it is, someone will be impacted we never have a time where the servers are completely empty.

i don't think I could ever imagine a completely empty server (unless of course during a maintance).
Besides the point, I welcome the change.

#46 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

what, and you think EU is the only ones getting screwed? B)

Stop being self centered and enjoy what you DO have

please enlighten me what DO we have thats only good for the EU please point it out

#47 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

as i said maintenace is just one part of the ice berg it was the only thing we had in favor

#48 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

please enlighten me what DO we have thats only good for the EU please point it out

If you can't figure that out for yourself, then I don't think you should be playing.
Not just this game, but all MMOs
Just stick to the consoles

#49 Raxxahaxxa

Raxxahaxxa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

If you can't figure that out for yourself, then I don't think you should be playing.
Not just this game, but all MMOs
Just stick to the consoles

classic response when you cant actually find something to point out so please do point it out dont be shy

#50 Ickysarus

Ickysarus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

classic response when you cant actually find something to point out so please do point it out dont be shy

Classic response when you don't want to take the time to actually think about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users