#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Please use this section to discuss any balance ideas you may have that you feel could help the class benefit from.

Keep in mind that we are not looking to create overpowered situations and not all suggestions will be considered valid if they are outside the design scope of the class.

#2 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

I loved how mages could give nice and DURABLE (not 1 sec ones) debuffs in iRose. I really miss them. Mages don't attack too fast and they aren't doing decent damage, so anyone with a fast attack can kill them.
I suggest they have stuns and other debuffs with like 5 secs or around that. Something actually useful. I always thought that 1sec debuffs are stupid.

#3 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

I tried the "wind" skills but they seems to have no effect like mute etc, just pure damage. (level 130 Mage)
Whats the use of a passive magic defense skill, a physical defense would be better against long range monster or in pvp.
For now i am very disappointed in the job muse/mage.

Mage have no escapes without a cleric nearby.
That means that playing it solo is not done.
Mage is it was and as it is in test is a joke.

Edited by Prashanti, 01 July 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#4 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

Mage should do a good amount of damage and be able to use some magic attacks. Mages are magic users. The mage has slowly died over the past few years in Rose with only really being good for debuffing players and some AOE for mobs, but there has to be a cleric to heal them. I was so hoping the update would make mages more powerful and more fun to play again. The mage really has to be revived. I did not try a mage in this go around of testing but I know a lot that did try it in my party and are disappointed at how ineffectual they are. And they got hurt a lot and died fast without any real ways to get away from the mobs or stop the progress of the mobs. I hope more test mage and give feedback here.

#5 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

I think mages hit hard, they can get a passive 85% attack added to their already high ratios. Fireball does 465% of the mages attack +400ish damage with the passives maxed and is a good example of a high damage ability, but it has a long cooldown and no staus effects. Instead of spamming a couple 2 second cooldown skills mages seem to have to manage 10 second ones while being stalled by global cooldowns.

A maxed Arual Pierce with charm only increased my mage's damage by 100. A pvp only skill considering its cooldown.

#6 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Nice....but useless when you die in 3 hits.

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

Have you considered the use of Defense gear, or the Mana Shield skill with MP passives to get extra survivability?

Edited by Genesis, 01 July 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#8 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

1 - sometimes the skill makes only 5 damage (this also happens in the actual server. It's not a miss, like Leonis said, because it happens in grey mobs)

2 - mage AOE oftens miss when attacking many mobs. In the live server if you go into Ulverick dungeon, you can see that like 50% of the time the AOE miss like 90% of the mobs. This seems to be a glitch and also happens in Pegasus.

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

There were a couple major points given to Muse/Mages to help with their survivability.

Range was increased significantly for all their skills naturally.

On top of this, you can extend that range further, with a class passive.

Last, the new Mana Shield, buff which acts as an additional HP buffer so you can utilize a portion of your MP pool as a damage sponge, before it reaches your HP bar. Given that you should eventually regenerate MP faster than HP in the end, it was designed to be a very useful utility spell to help you survive.

Now the effect is still being worked on for visibility, so you can know how much of a shield you have left on you, so you know when to recast it or get out of harms way.

rodolfocm, those issues shouldn't be around anymore as we've done several fixes to address them. If you have an example of where this is happening, your level, build, skill being used and monster attacking, is needed so we can reproduce the condition that it happens under.

#10 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

There were a couple major points given to Muse/Mages to help with their survivability.

Range was increased significantly for all their skills naturally.

On top of this, you can extend that range further, with a class passive.

Last, the new Mana Shield, buff which acts as an additional HP buffer so you can utilize a portion of your MP pool as a damage sponge, before it reaches your HP bar. Given that you should eventually regenerate MP faster than HP in the end, it was designed to be a very useful utility spell to help you survive.

Now the effect is still being worked on for visibility, so you can know how much of a shield you have left on you, so you know when to recast it or get out of harms way.

rodolfocm, those issues shouldn't be around anymore as we've done several fixes to address them. If you have an example of where this is happening, your level, build, skill being used and monster attacking, is needed so we can reproduce the condition that it happens under.

Weird...I have this problem all the time here. 

Can I send those information on private message?

#11 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

If you wish to, sure, but I don't see why you can't post here too for others to see and perhaps try testing as well.  :)

#12 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

If you wish to, sure, but I don't see why you can't post here too for others to see and perhaps try testing as well.  :)

Don't feel like showing my build. :P

Sending right now.

#13 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

I tried the mana shield skill and i must say i like it.

No idea how it works in pvp but for now it makes a big difference...compliments!!

#14 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Yeah I like that skill for clerics as well.  

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

That skill is awesome, it helps me so much.

#16 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'm very happy to see how many of you are enjoying its implementation. :D

We can work on enhancing the tooltip so that it makes more sense in how it works.

Currently, how it works is the Current MP% is how much of your current MP you have (not max, but actual available MP). What it will do is it will create a shield barrier, like an HP buffer, off of that amount. The cast cost is always going to be a % of your available or current MP. MP Consumption can reduce that amount down though.

So, effectively, you are creating a barrier to sponge damage, by converting your available MP to temporary HP. However, since it always creates that shield based on how much MP you have, if you cast it when you have a low amount of MP, it will be a fairly weak shield or buffer.

There are some visual enhancements we have planned for the caster of the effect, but not quite ready yet. For now, I think adding to the ToolTip the amount your shield will absorb in damage, can help you gauge better its usefulness and how long it will last in a fight.

#17 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

Is it only me or everyone thinks the Frost Ring skill is total useless? I don't see a reason for a skill that doesn't do damage and only slows down the m-speed for mobs around me.

Also why did we lose mute skill? And Cold Snap animation is TOO slow (against a Raider he can hit me before the  animation is over in a PVP).

Edited by rodolfocm, 04 July 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#18 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

too many passives, maxing the passives in 1st and 2nd job takes about 100+ skill points (not counting the common skill tree passives) O.o

some skills are also repetitive...

Edited by kwayan19, 04 July 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#19 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

too many passives, maxing the passives in 1st and 2nd job takes about 100+ skill points (not counting the common skill tree passives) O.o

some skills are also repetitive...

Totally agree.

There's too many skills (passives and offensives).

#20 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Noob question: what does charm do for a mage? and how much do i put to see any effect?

#21 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

it increases debuffs like burn etc

#22 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Some notes on the Mage class:

Fierce Cudgeling and Staff Stun originally had a skill power to them (when I first obtained the skill) then I realize somewhere after maxing them and or relogging they both became 0% + 0 skill power.

As far as Fierce Cudgeling goes, this skill is already controversial as it is on the live server with a 20 second cooldown. Giving it a 2 second cooldown just isn't going to work even if the effect of buffs are weakened. Honestly the cooldown should be left as it is normally (20 seconds). 

Thunder Storm is going to be overpowered being it is a ranged aoe 3 second stun with 50% success. Remember the threads about Artisans and Bourgs stunning in Crystal Defenders? Stuns are very strong in pvp especially when they can hit multiple targets at once, likewise 3 seconds is a long time. I want to say reduce it to 1 second. If anything maybe increase the success a little (60%?). 

The burn status on the fire skills is very weak. It would be intuitive to be able to influence the threshold rather than have them deal a small set amount of damage. I heard you (Leonis) wanted to make them influenced by attack power but I feel like attack power is already the main go to stat for damage, and for something indirect like this I think charm would fit better.

Also, what happened to the mute status effect? 

Lastly with the removal of reliable skills, and mages lackluster accuracy I feel they should be able to hit a little more often. They might be worthy of a small accuracy passive.

Mana shield is a godsend and it fits Mages and helps them well. I don't want to jump the gun but I feel this skill might need a longer cooldown. Skill range passives are nice too.

Edited by Phish, 05 July 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#23 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

The unique skill "Anti Magic Shell" was nerfed? Now it only debuffs 1 buff in 50% chance every 2 minutes.

Also, the removal of reliable skill are really painful, even more with the accuracy nerf/dodge buff - idk which of those, I can't hit a Raider for my life.

#24 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

i don't mind we miss the debuff skill, its annoying for the community.

What i do miss like KTFlashmentioned is the accuracy passive, to hit a raider is nearly impossible.

#25 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

Also I'd like to add that overtime damages (burns, posion) goes through the mana shield (ignores the shield, depletes the hp). Working as intended?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users