Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

I wanted to ask how is the accuracy for Battle Clerics?  For FS clerics atm a lot of my skills miss still.  But I do not really have con.  Do I need con to my level at least, more?  If I go int and charm then having to use pts for con to my level at least just to have my supporting skills hit then even as a FS cleric I will not be very good.  Hmm I will try some different builds but more wondering if a Battle Cleric can get the accuracy needed to actually battle.

#52 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

It will ultimately depend on what you're fighting. If you're going after a high dodge class, probably won't have a great time. But you do have passives to assist with accuracy to help, but remember you aren't a battle designed class, even though I opened the ability to be more battle like, you are not intended to excel at it. However, with what I will be announcing today and hopefully releasing on Pegasus to test, you may find something that works, but then again, a build will always be able to be made to counter it too.

#53 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

I just read the question, sry i'm a bit slow ;)

The % compared to the IM buffs seem a bit low, however the static bonis given do the trick.

My buffs can be compared to boosts if i would be maxed and if i would tweak my gear a bit i could probably have better buffs than boosts. I think that's a good thing since it doesn't give IM users a monopol.

Something i would like to see is a skill which allows you to remove your own buffs.

#54 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I had always considered doing something another game I know does, where if you right click the buff icon, it 'dispells' it for you by choice, so long as it's an actual buff and not a debuff. ;)

#55 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

I had always considered doing something another game I know does, where if you right click the buff icon, it 'dispells' it for you by choice, so long as it's an actual buff and not a debuff. ;)

This would me an awsome feature.

#56 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Leo, the Resistance Chant Buff cooldown is a lot faster than the others.  Can you make them all as fast as that one?  The other buffs seem to have a slower cooldown so I can't go through my buffs as fast as I do on the live server.   That Chant cooldown seems to be as fast as on the live servers.

#57 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Leo, the Resistance Chant Buff cooldown is a lot faster than the others.  Can you make them all as fast as that one?  The other buffs seem to have a slower cooldown so I can't go through my buffs as fast as I do on the live server.   That Chant cooldown seems to be as fast as on the live servers.

All buffs have 1.0 sec cool down, but Resistance charm/chant have 0.5 sec cool down, must be a typo or mistake.

#58 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah so lets go with the 0.5 sec for all ok?  I don't know what they are on live server but they seem shorter to me.

#59 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

All buffs have 1.0 sec cool down, but Resistance charm/chant have 0.5 sec cool down, must be a typo or mistake.

Will be fixed, they were all supposed to be 0.5 sec.

#60 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

So I skilled today for full attack skills on the cleric. Int for an amazing brush, I know the salvation needs less but I'd rather have more options, and not being able to wear a AB would be strange to me, still leaving out those 26 int points might leave room for more. Int might give me more ap but I wasnt sure how much con I would need to hit stuff properly. I'm a little scared at adding sen for crit but maybe that'll work out.

So far I was able to hit pinks with a few misses, orange was easy and I hardly got a miss. This was with a Salvation refine 10, con at 150 and no accuracy buff. Though I wouldnt want all buffs getting AP, ASPD and ADD DMG seemed like a good trade off. At level 200 I was  able to get all the attack passives, leaving only the defensive passives. The last 30 SP would be for that I suppose, I did get dragon skin though.

So with this I would leave con at that level, unless I wanted to go for pvp, but there hitting raiders is bound to be a problem, perhaps some live server testing once the update is up would give me a better idea.

For pvm though 150 seemed enough, leaving ample room for more int/ dex and perhaps some sen. The damage from the monsters did hurt alot but I'm wearing a precious set, so the pvm penalty was painfull. Going for 5d7s ( using a nature force set) my attack power was enough to kill scorpions/ devourers and scavengers fast enough not to get hit if I started at max range. Casting mana wave wasnt needed as my normal  hits came close to my normal melee hits, voltage storm gave me a breather if I was surrounded and both sleeps were a great escape ability. If I try battle cleric on the live server after the update I would probably try to stick to yellow and greens perhaps the occasional orange monster.

Going for 5 P7s worked out better, and with the resources of the live server ( arua sets and dark equipment etc) I would choose to go for aspd over more ap, T7s seem pointless as I can use D7s and magic defense isnt needed that much in pvm, besides I dont want to tank or get hit, kill before getting hit was the idea. In pvp T7s would give me much needed magic defense against magic attacks of all classes and mages in particular. I did find it strange to have so few skills, with only 2 sleeps and some mana wave versions, I suppose I could get more from the offensive tab but if I were to go aspd I'd only want the ones that provide me with a debuff on the attack since my normal attacks are just as usefull, getting mana wave ( cleric) seems pointless, a burn on the other hand would be a great battle starter.

Without at least the aspd and ap buffs my attacks just arent that strong, it going to be alot of puzzle playing before I get my head around this class, not to mention pvp. Perhaps I'll test some more,  but I feel without all the resources of the live server I cant do alot more in pvm and I would be toast in pvp right now :P ( no mask too ftw) and cmon a nature force set lol.

#61 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Is it me or the server that to use Voltage Storm I hit the skill and it takes at least a count of 5 for the cooldown to start and it to attack?  The other skills do not take as long to cast, like sleep only takes 2 maybe 3 seconds to go off.

#62 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Are you running up to the target from a distance? Skills won't start their cooldown until you are in range of the target (based on the range of the skill). I just created a cleric and tried the skill, but the cooldown starts almost immediately (within a second) so long as you are in range of the target.

To use Voltage Storm as an example, it requires you to be within at least 25m of the target to cast the skill. If you were 35m away from the target and cast Voltage Storm, you would run toward the target for 10m, then the cooldown would begin and the skill would be cast on the target.

Edited by Genesis, 14 July 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#63 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I was standing next to them but I think it is just a me and Pegasus thing.  I guess if you tried it then it is ok.  It just seems to me that so many of my skills take forever to go off, buffs included.  Like clicking through my buffs on Leo I am fast.  When on Pegasus it takes forever for them to go, I guess the one before it has to complete it's cooldown.  But I keep missing buffs when I buff up.  If we have to buff 12 buffs in the middle of battle it will be really interesting and people will have to realize they need to protect us while they are getting buffs I guess.  But all my skills are really slow to go for me.  Hopefully it is just a Pegasus thing.

#64 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

I wasn't sure what you actually referred to but now If you say "so many skills take forever to go off", then I would say ya.

I also realized every time you finished off a monster, your target seems to be stuck with the dead monster for awhile. It is only happening to the last skill to that monster, anything before that was smooth but the last skill. You just can't quickly click onto another monster after killing a monster.

#65 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

But I keep missing buffs when I buff up.  If we have to buff 12 buffs in the middle of battle it will be really interesting and people will have to realize they need to protect us while they are getting buffs I guess. 

Convincing people of that is going to take some doing :D I have no doubt about my dungeon buddies abilties but when I queue randomly even now on Leo I sometimes hardly get to chance to heal the others as the tank runs off and I have to keep healing em or we all die. On pegasus I havent had that many problems with buffing (  mostly myself) fast, but perhaps thats because I tap the f1-f8 keys twice for every buff now to make it move smoothly. I do still end up sometimes with missing a buff because it didnt go off. Habits are hard to break.

#66 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Since our newest offhand is the magic pearl, and it is a grade 7 item could you add a new off hand for max level (grade 8) that might have mp recovery and charm?  Like Mp recovery rate 24 and Charm 20 instead of max mp 115?  

#67 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Since our newest offhand is the magic pearl, and it is a grade 7 item could you add a new off hand for max level (grade 8) that might have mp recovery and charm?  Like Mp recovery rate 24 and Charm 20 instead of max mp 115?  

They still haven't change the appearance of magic pearl and yet. I thought the magic pearl would look like an orb and the cornell's diary is currently just mage diary.

#68 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

Clerics do not have enough skill points.  Other classes have left over skill points.  I like some of the new unique skills, especially the buff combinations but it costs too much.  I still think somehow putting them as our IM buffs would be good.  I am not battle, I am trying to be a war cleric.  But I do not have much def, dodge is out for us now, and I am getting my ass kicked in PVP and PVM.  It is hard to heal through everything even with 7 heals going.  Unbuffed unfefined artie kills me in 4-6 hits.  Mobs that are orange/yellow kill me in 4 hits even using heals and in brave gear.  I am posting my stats and skills.  Please tell me what I need to give up or should get to make it different.  But if I can't last more than 4 hits in CD or wars I will be worthless FS.

screen008.jpg

screen009.jpg

screen011.jpg

screen010.jpg

screen012.jpg

screen013.jpg

#69 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

I am frustrated atm.  I am not sure how else to build a war cleric.  It is worthless to add dex, it doesn't give us much, I tried it.  Most classes can hit right through it and monsters laugh at it.  It makes no sense to give up int or charm to add str for def.  If I go more charm I will have even worse def and ap.  I don't want to add con since I really am not supposed to be hitting a lot, just use my sleep and stun to get away.  But I really can't run away mush since I have low mspd.  And I am not sure what other skills to add since I need my heals and buffs and room on my skill bar so I need the unique buffs.  

Oh well, back to the drawing board but atm I am really frustrated.  And clerics will not be able to farm solo at all.  It seems that very few classes, if any will be able to farm solo.

#70 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

and with the no buff sets added to the mix~ ~~ owned

#71 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

no buff sets are a good thing, especially for clerics.  You have no idea how annoying that was.  I really don't want to be a plain FS cleric that just stands there and buffs and heals.  i want to support in wars.  And a battle cleric can't support if they want to be good.  I knew war cleric would be tough but it is really frustrating atm.  some classes (bourg, scout) don't even need all their sp.  They get the essential skills and then have 40+ extra to use on extra things. I am not one to yell "no fair".  And I understand that some of the things would make a battle cleric op if we could get them easily, and I know it is tough to balance out all of the cleric builds, but dam.....

We will not be able to teach people to protect us, and they will scream at us even more in Cd now.  It will be hard to support the team while only working on healing urself.  And we die soooo fast now, even using heals. 

Ok off to try another build but so far dex, def, hp and str doesn't help.

Oh and amethyst give % of def.  so whey your def is really low to start with it doesn't help much.  Def is not a good build so far.

Edited by Bendersmom, 21 July 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#72 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Bendersmom, I'm considering changing those unique skills that combine the skills over to non SP costing, because you're right, those are pretty SP intensive to get the whole set for convenience sake. Small victory for Clerics there. :)

As for the damage you take, we're looking in to that right now and have identified a couple factors that we're going to address. Valkyrie Charm's effect of 50% Enhanced damage was one of the skill effects that was not scaled back like all the other buffs, and got overlooked until now. It is going to be given the same scale treatment all other buffs were and in light of that, all the "Enhanced Damage" stats will be refactored too. (Berserk & Mental Focus)

Part of the reason why you have classes like Bourgoies and Scouts having "Left over skill points" is because their classes are currently overly simple. While we're working to expand on it, it's not something we were able to manage from this update. As much as we tried to expand on it from a base standpoint, classes like the Cleric has much more to go on, as well as feedback from the community over the years.

#73 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for looking at it Leo.  I know everyone is saying the damage or def is not right and I knew you would be looking at it.  Just wanted to give some input.  The reason I posted the skills I have is to let you see what I think we needs as a war cleric and to demonstrate the lack of sp.  I like the fact that we have more buffs and should therefor be more useful, but the SP usage is killing me.  That would be great if you could get the combined skills without having to use SP.  In the SS you can see how full my skill bars are even with those unique skills.

I am glad I play a more complicated class, it was just really frustrating trying to figure out the best build.  Luckily I gave for the day because trying to test against players that could take you out in 3 hits was depressing.  I will keep at it though and once things are fixed I will try different builds again.

#74 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, it's been really rather frustrating to see it after all the careful planning that went in to it. But then I saw the common factor, which ended up being the Damage Enhancement buff.

The SP usage is going to be something to get used to. As we continue to make content and increase level caps, more skill points will become available, but we'll also be introducing more skills over time too.

You can half the skill bar skill icons with some of these unique skills, however we will need to figure something else out because we're not going to stop making content because the skill bar is full. ;)

Don't let it be a frustration though, take it on as a challenge and adjust as you encounter a weakness you want to cover for, or accept that, that is your weakness. :) Remember, strength without a weakness was something that was an intended design concept with this update.

#75 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

Seems like my weakness is lack of space on my skill bar.  I am now getting all kinds of skills, which is great, but no way to use them.  Trying to fight with your skill window open would be silly.  I love the unique skills that double up the buffs and if they could be obtained for no SP that would be perfect.  I am not trying to be OP as a war cleric, I am trying to support my team as intended.  I am happy to keep trying builds and ways to improve, and I definitely understand a cleric and most of our weaknesses.  I will keep plugging along though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users