#76 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

The latest patch should have removed the SP cost for those unique 'compound' skills. I think I forgot to mention that in patch notes. If they don't, next patch they will.

I understand you're not trying to be OP. :) Sometimes though, part of the struggle with having so many options, is knowing which ones are best suited for the role you wish to play. Remember, part of the whole design update was to put more thought behind, gaining strengths with weaknesses. :)

I have a feeling when you figure it out, you will find something you can be happy with. :D

#77 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

no buff sets are a good thing, especially for clerics.  You have no idea how annoying that was.  I really don't want to be a plain FS cleric that just stands there and buffs and heals.

If you are a good cleric then you can multi task~ 

Mspeed buff set is really useful for a cleric especially when many are ganging you and you can rush to your group mates faster if the group is a bit scattered

without it you'll be running in 900 mspeed? scout shoots you with entangling arrow which even lowers your mspeed~~ i doubt you cen get away from him if he spams you with it (plus the increase range passives HELPS them A LOT)

and also In CD buff sets isn't done frequently compared before because of the time limit~ 

well i guess i'm off topic :P

#78 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

I finally got around to getting back on Pegasus and ran two caves. The party was me (First run: 333 (409+28) int , 96 (96+28) cha, Second run: 333 int, 200+ cha), EmoCleric (307 int (519+28), 287 (287+28) cha), Bill (spear champ) (RoFoN), and Kite (duals) (Zurn).  The first run was just Emo, me, and Rof. The second run, all four of us started, but Rof dc'd (right before or right after Second Boss died) and couldn't get back before we started on Ulv, so we finished the run without him.

For both runs, we completely cleared the hallways getting to the bosses but did not clear the two rooms.

First run:

Staying alive wasn't much of a problem as long as we went slowly and did not mob more than ~5 spiders at a time. We died a lot on the bosses because of the stuns. Part of the problem was the mob damage (which I know will be scaled), but we also couldn't skill fast enough before the next stun to heal/sleep/etc. But there wasn't much of a problem keeping the party alive when not stunned.

Second run:

Same deal, but it was quite a bit faster. Killing Ulv was much faster with Zurn than with Rof.

Emo was a FS cleric while I was more of a BC.

ehhh I'm away from the Rose computer so I can't remember exactly how I skilled....

I think I had lv 1 ice attack, lv 1 fire attack, lv 1 or 2 voltage storm, lv...3 or 4 sleep cloud. With only ~1k ap, I was doing ~425 dmg with melee hits. With skills, I could do ~600+. With the much faster skill speed and shorter global cooldown, it was much better to skill spam [all the attacks + sleep + sleep cloud + mute + occasional big party heals] than it was to melee, and I could basically do it indefinitely without worrying about cooldown. (Which...definitely is not as fun :P). I suppose if I was the only cleric in the party, I would not be skill spamming as much since I would have to heal much more and do run into the problem of cooldowns on heals. (I haven't put too much effort into learning the cooldowns and how to heal well since I run with Emo).

After using Sleep on a target, I often get [Invalid Target] when trying to use it again on the same target. Sleep - Sleep Cloud - Sleep, or some multiple of a Sleep Cloud between Sleeps also doesn't really work. I tried running around a bit before targeting again to see if I could get Sleep to work but still received [Invalid Target].

Sleep Cloud doesn't seem to work so well on Ulverick? When it works, most of the time you don't see that Ulv is [zzz]. It does work maybe 70% of the time.

Can't remember if Sleep had a similar issue, but for whatever reason, I want to say that Sleep was more of a 50-60% success. <---I wouldn't trust me on this statement.

Sleep Cloud doesn't work so well when running into a mob (or the vicinity of the mob such that the mob is running towards you). I'm pretty sure the mob was in range when the skill animation fired off. A lot of the mob still stayed awake. Is this because it calculates range based on when the first phase of the skill begins and not when the actual skill is launched? If so, then I can see how the mob can be just out of range.

Voltage Storm as a stun seems to be pretty useless. Could just be my awful luck, but rarely can I stun enough of the mob to run away, even if the mob is only 3 spiders. Even with a combination of Voltage Storm and Sleep Cloud, it is difficult to run because Sleep Cloud's skill takes a while.

Emo said she was using all of the heals pretty effectively: all the party heals and sometimes the singles.

With the way I was statted, only my 2 biggest single/party heals were useful. I think my weakest heal was down at about 967? XD. The second run I only really used the two biggest party heals because we were able to mute/stun/sleep Ulv enough that we weren't stunned too much.

(I love the default self-targeting on heals :D)

Revive's cooldown is kiiiind of long. Why doesn't it get shorter at a higher level? With so many quick deaths (in caves), it was pretty much impossible to res someone and keep him/yourself alive long enough to buff/res someone else.

Question: What's going to happen to the IM Revive? I only put 1sp into Revive at the moment since the cooldown doesn't change so eh, the IM res isn't "saving" me much sp but still.

Edited by Nifa, 25 July 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#79 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sounds like you had a fun time. :)

The issue with Sleep Cloud we've identified, it occurs when you, yourself are poisoned and trying to cast it. Because it is a 'self target', it checks (and assumed) the target is being affected, which is not the case here. So we're going to be updating the logic in how it detects status effects that aren't supposed to overlap, so that this situation will not occur.

As for the skills involving reviving another player, you brought up a good point and we're going to make some adjustments to the skill so the cooldown shortens as it increases in level, however we're going to offset that with some other changes as well. With how it is setup, it would allow for easy resurrections and we want it to come at a bit of an strenuous price.

#80 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I personally always used soul recall ( unique) because it had a faster cooldown then soul revive from the supportive tree. Sure the IM version saves more exp but I didnt care about that part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users