The Life of An RK and RG is Rough: A Warning to All Thinking Of Starting This Journey - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Life of An RK and RG is Rough: A Warning to All Thinking Of Starting This Journey

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

recently deleted my RK. just couldnt take it anymore. this class is too flawed. 22-23 job levels just to be able to start leveling up, nobody wants you in their parties, and an aoe thats worthless for 30-40 levels and even at 150 still greatly underperforms

and then theres RG......a messed up aoe with the worst targeting system in the entire game (it actually makes bowling bash look good)that you dont even get for 15 job levels (of which you are pretty much left completely crippled and unable to level), an aoe that is pretty much worthless due to its 8 second cooldown and low dmg, horrible SP pool even with 90 int, and of course.....nobody wants you in their party.

people always say 'well you can tank till you get enough job levels for your aoe abilities, except when you get to mid TI, everyones a -_-in Sura so theres no room for tanks in parties and you have no aoe to contribute anything. Hours sitting at entrance of ti's hoping someone will pick you.

And then theres level 150 for RK. Gravity decided to give us an AoE spell that half of the game is immune to and that hits like a fleabite to high end mobs. I really dont understand why rangers and warlocks were the only class balanced for end game while the rest of us are left in the dust still doing lvl 99 damage. Monsters have 150k+ health at high levels and other classes like genetics, mechs, gx, and RK are still doing 10-15k damage attacks. whatever happened to scaling dmg with levels? with the cast time and delay of dragon breath, we should be doing 40k dmg per hit minimum. why isnt there a dragonbreath boosting suit like the rangers white wing suit?

Tanking: while in previous versions of RO, the knights and crusaders were the top tanking class of the game, they have even stripped us of that by giving monks Mental Strength and boosting MVPs attacks to do more damage then people have HP. This makes even RGs pretty much useless for tanking most of the high end MVPs (even with our high HP and damage resists) which makes no sense since RGs are supposed to be the tanking class. Now theyve been reduced to a support class for their sacrifice and battle chant

i feel cheated. if RGs didnt have such amazing MVP capability i would delete my RG as well.

but to all those looking forward to a future playing either of these classes, please heed my warning. its nothing but an uphill battle

#2 ModelDD6

ModelDD6

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

All you have to do is choose job exp only when you do turn ins till you are at the right job level for ignition break. I did this and would suicide to keep my exp at lvl 100. My gears are not amazing now, and yesterday I went from lvl 105 to 111 by just using ignition break in lava dungeon. In a worse case scenario you have to farm in comodo west or magmarings with clashing spiral. BTW I do lava dungeon with water endow so that is not an excuse. You are funny for deleting your Rune Knight, as all you did was waste your own time. I can farm lava dungeon for 30 minutes with only 100 white potions and 300 fly wings. One shot all dragon monsters / scorpion / explosion with ignition break while ignoring nightmare terror and diabolic, then immediately fly wing. My weapon is a +7 3x hunterfly twin edge of naught siege and you can endow it with water.

Edited by ModelDD6, 11 June 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#3 Iinker

Iinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

22-23 job levels just to be able to start leveling up

Bowling bash can one shot low ti and takes no rk job levels. Turn in all job and suicide to stay at level 100 till you get IB or you can just level in magma dungeon with bowling bash alone. BB gutter lines shouldn't be an excuse since RCX is legal.

Edited by Iinker, 11 June 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#4 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

I have RK and RG which Ive already been maining for nearly 4 years [both renewal/classic]. Theres so many reasons to tell why I chose these swordsman classes. Guess, what you lack is your passion in learning what they can do and not, from the moment I started as a noob until I got all my dream gears, theres no hard and easy when you can show that "passion" to your chosen path/class or maybe loving it in simple terms. If you can understand what I'm sayin' of course.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 12 June 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#5 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

I have RK and RG which Ive already been maining for nearly 4 years [both renewal/classic]. Theres so many reasons to tell why I chose these swordsman classes. Guess, what you lack is your passion in learning what they can do and not, from the moment I started as a noob until I got all my dream gears, theres no hard and easy when you can show that "passion" to your chosen path/class or maybe loving it in simple terms. If you can understand what I'm sayin' of course.

Yeah, I love my RG!! It took me ages to get it to 150 it wasn't easy but it was worth it, yes OB positioning is annoying sometimes but like Hayroh said when you find what RGs can do it's awesome, I like the versatility, you can kill effectively, you can tank + give people your buffs with sac, you can give people instant holy armor or awesome buffs with BC, and then there's shield spell. I even haven't used banding and it's related skills but now I want to make a banding RG!!!!

#6 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

haha all of these posts just further support what im saying. you have to suicide repeatedly to stay in low ti and be able to do low questboards for jobs. on VIP this takes FOREVER to do, specially since were getting so much exp now wiht the x2. i made the mistake of rushing my RG through levels and now noone will let me join their parties since im not a ranger and i have no AOE to lvl myself with yet. so im pretty much dead in the water 1 job short of lvl 1 overbrand. thank you gravity for making it impossible to level and making job levels come stupid slow post 3rd job change. if i tried to single target kill myself 5 job levels it would take over a week to do

btw its called Nogg Road, not Lava dungeon =p

#7 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

You must be really new in Renewal.

Ive leveled my RG w/Overbrand, and during my time [early renewal days, when it first hit the servers], there was no VIP thing or Eden maps and x3 manuals yet. I didnt rely to Reflect Damage leveling [even before its nerf because I had a bad PC that cant handle multi-clients for linkers/etc].

I made myself 150 in a month or less than 2, and that was from pure Overbranding w/a brocca and +7 average gears, learned to position my aim [I dont even have a lowerping/WTFast that time and was really tough fighting vs the pos lag]. And my RG was the 2nd or 3rd in my class to reach 150/50 and was participating for a "race event". But well, I get used to things by just repeatedly doing my thing even I failed alot until I master it.

If you are joining eden parties, ppl would mostly prefer you sac or tank/pulling w/peco wing for your AOE killers to grind in whatever T.I. coz OB-ing would ruin the mob and go scattered. And that the nature of your RG is more of "support".

My post neither is for supporting your previous post, I was replying to this thread because I was surprised somebody was complaining w/renewal leveling and the reason why you deleted your RK. it depends on how long or fast you can adapt with your character and its skills/usefulness.

Gravity actually made Renewal leveling lame because its way too easier to reach max levels than pre-renewal. So my last question is, ever wondered why we had tons of 150 RGs and other classes in just weeks. That would probably answer your complain about swordsmen, again, "dedication" adds up by -alot-. Goodluck with your RG.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 12 June 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#8 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

lots of silly things

well if you dont like hard things, you can go and play ro2, there you can bash all your way to 50

#9 Eviscerate

Eviscerate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

well if you dont like hard things, you can go and play ro2, there you can bash all your way to 50

Agreed, RO2 sounds like its for you. Casual players.

#10 AngeIic

AngeIic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

i feel quite successful with my RK. it takes some dedication to learn how it works, and to use it properly.
sorry to hear that is to difficult for you, feel free to make a ranger.

#11 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

You must be really new in Renewal.

Ive leveled my RG w/Overbrand, and during my time [early renewal days, when it first hit the servers], there was no VIP thing or Eden maps and x3 manuals yet. I didnt rely to Reflect Damage leveling [even before its nerf because I had a bad PC that cant handle multi-clients for linkers/etc].

I made myself 150 in a month or less than 2, and that was from pure Overbranding w/a brocca and +7 average gears, learned to position my aim [I dont even have a lowerping/WTFast that time and was really tough fighting vs the pos lag]. And my RG was the 2nd or 3rd in my class to reach 150/50 and was participating for a "race event". But well, I get used to things by just repeatedly doing my thing even I failed alot until I master it.

If you are joining eden parties, ppl would mostly prefer you sac or tank/pulling w/peco wing for your AOE killers to grind in whatever T.I. coz OB-ing would ruin the mob and go scattered. And that the nature of your RG is more of "support".

My post neither is for supporting your previous post, I was replying to this thread because I was surprised somebody was complaining w/renewal leveling and the reason why you deleted your RK. it depends on how long or fast you can adapt with your character and its skills/usefulness.

Gravity actually made Renewal leveling lame because its way too easier to reach max levels than pre-renewal. So my last question is, ever wondered why we had tons of 150 RGs and other classes in just weeks. That would probably answer your complain about swordsmen, again, "dedication" adds up by -alot-. Goodluck with your RG.

brocca is the most rare vendable weapon in the game right now. almost never goes on sale and now the price has skyrocketed with the influx of madomechs. last i saw it was being sold in eden for 130million.

i dont have overbrand. i cant even get enough job levels to learn it because noone will let me in their ti parties and grinding simply does not provide enough job experience on 3rd job classes to get job lvls past lvl 10. i cant solo level on anything in my level range because all i have is rapid smiting to kill with. i could go grind very very slowly or kill lower level mobs, but once again, i would never get a job level at that rate. ive tried to make my own ti parties but theres never any healers online -_-

both of these classes are a nonstop uphill battle. but im real glad for you that you managed to level to 150 back in the age of dinosaurs. your jaded attitude in no way helps anyone trying to level now a days when things are much different.

renewal leveling sucks. it forces everyone into TIs by making spawnrates scarce on maps or overpowering mobs to the point that you HAVE to party. sure 1-90 is a cakewalk. hell you could even solo grind SOME classes 100-126. but after that most classes are too weak to solo and high TI has 2 hour wait times.

classic leveling was much easier because most of the maps had full monster spawns to aoe level on. sure it took longer, but it wasnt boring cuz there was always lots to kill and the classes were better balanced DPS wise vs the mobs. if anything, we were MORE spoiled back in classic days. now everything is extremely classist based and warp portal is just trying to make a buck off us by starving us of mobs and gear (forcing people to pay real life money to upgrade gear or buy certain pieces\)

Edited by killedbytofu, 13 June 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#12 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

:p_omg: :p_omg: :p_omg:
Posted Image

#13 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

brocca is the most rare vendable weapon in the game right now. almost never goes on sale and now the price has skyrocketed with the influx of madomechs. last i saw it was being sold in eden for 130million.

i dont have overbrand. i cant even get enough job levels to learn it because noone will let me in their ti parties and grinding simply does not provide enough job experience on 3rd job classes to get job lvls past lvl 10. i cant solo level on anything in my level range because all i have is rapid smiting to kill with. i could go grind very very slowly or kill lower level mobs, but once again, i would never get a job level at that rate. ive tried to make my own ti parties but theres never any healers online -_-

both of these classes are a nonstop uphill battle. but im real glad for you that you managed to level to 150 back in the age of dinosaurs. your jaded attitude in no way helps anyone trying to level now a days when things are much different.

renewal leveling sucks. it forces everyone into TIs by making spawnrates scarce on maps or overpowering mobs to the point that you HAVE to party. sure 1-90 is a cakewalk. hell you could even solo grind SOME classes 100-126. but after that most classes are too weak to solo and high TI has 2 hour wait times.

classic leveling was much easier because most of the maps had full monster spawns to aoe level on. sure it took longer, but it wasnt boring cuz there was always lots to kill and the classes were better balanced DPS wise vs the mobs. if anything, we were MORE spoiled back in classic days. now everything is extremely classist based and warp portal is just trying to make a buck off us by starving us of mobs and gear (forcing people to pay real life money to upgrade gear or buy certain pieces\)

Posted Image

#14 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

i suggest you do this:

make 2 opposite class at the same time... like, if you make a RG which usually do boring support job, at the same time make a ranger which is exciting with killer AS

this is what i do, when i made a RG, i also made a Ranger to counteract/alternate the bored-ness

#15 Derps

Derps

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

i always accept RG and Rk into my Ti party though. since i:

- know how hard it is to get into party with those classes.
- RG can be tanker if needed (in Ti).
- Rk can also be puller (if not tank).

ps. mental strength was implement with monk class (2-2) back in the day (im talking about 10 years) and i found it useless since there were no maps that have massive spawn as Ti.
if u want something to blame, its sura not RG (or RK)

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Most TI maps don't even require a mental strength tanker. Just be a "pumpkin tank" on RG / RK with the witch hat wearing appropriate reduction gears.

RGs with sacrifice will always have a place in the party. RKs have higher HP than RGs and are decent tankers too.

Some people just do all the eden 91-99 quests and BM them after turning 3rd class to get a crap ton of job levels at once.

Again, you can BB all the way till 110+ easily. If you can't BB, then don't play RK?

#17 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

RGs with sacrifice will always have a place in the party. RKs have higher HP than RGs and are decent tankers too.

you would think. people recruiting are just stupid. they think suras are the only tanks in the game and exclude many other classes because they dont understand their usefulness. my RG has tons of damage reduction gear (raydric carded nidhogger and every racial reduction shield in the game). yet here i am rotting at the entrance. ive tried to make my own parties, but ABs all end up joining my opposing recruiters over me.

the feels bro. the feels

#18 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Then make your own party. You will be in it. I leveled my RG to 150 rather recently (during the monstrous 3 week of lousy TI with bio mobs and bad maps) and to be honest most of your complaints are alien to me.

After read the entire thread, you seem to be unable to take in genuine attempts to help you, and instead bites back at the helping hands. This makes you look like you are complaining just for the sake of doing it.

#19 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I am creating a AGI/CRIT RK in another official server (bRO). There are so many people on the server and no TI. It is very easy to level up alone in "normal maps" using ctrl+click or BB+IB, but there's always players asking to join the party. TI was one of the worst ideas of the iRO, because the players become very lazy and uncommunicative. Previously you needed to do a quest to get lvl, now just talking to an perv old man ...

Edited by SirDouglas, 15 June 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#20 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I am creating a AGI/CRIT RK in another official server (bRO). There are so many people on the server and no TI. It is very easy to level up alone in "normal maps" using ctrl+click or BB+IB, but there's always players asking to join the party. TI was one of the worst ideas of the iRO, because the players become very lazy and uncommunicative. Previously you needed to do a quest to get lvl, now just talking to an perv old man ...

+1

thanks to the TI, i have encounter so many AB that dont know how to use the pneuma skill :p_swt:

#21 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

There are no quests post 99, and maps on iRO are barren (this means almost empty). iRO is a difference beast from other servers. Private servers are actually more fun to play because the owners put alot of love into them and are constantly adding in leveling quests. iRO seems to be stagnant on any kind of updates. I think their offices are way too shortstaffed and workers overworked to have anyone dedicated to making new content. I would love to see an iRO where TI's no longer exists, but instead, every town have a massive list of leveling quests to do that give exp equivalent to TI. Then this would be a REAL mmorpg, and 100x more fun.

Sadly this will never happen, so we just have to love the game for what it is and get our rpg fix elsewhere.

#22 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well, I like my RK tho I do find it a pain to level past 137, but I do agree that having Ignition Break require soooo many job levels is ridiculous.

The idea that you are REQUIRED to front-load job levels just to have a decent leveling skill (IB) is silly. IB loses its efficacy past level 120 anyway... if you were to just grind out both levels (in other words, if you are not VIP and are not suiciding to stay 99 and spam eden board quests) you'll get access to IB about 3 levels after it's no longer a useful leveling skill (when you have to cast it like 3 times to kill something).

I am somewhat amazed at the people who act like having a triple carded red twin or multiple sword guardian cards is no big deal. Some of you cats have been playing iRO before renewal hit and had a loooooooot of money/resources to rely on... please don't assume everyone is so well geared.

#23 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Some of you cats have been playing iRO before renewal hit and had a loooooooot of money/resources to rely on... please don't assume everyone is so well geared.

if you play well with ragial, you can get money very fast ingame, and things nowday are very cheap, i mean, variants for 25m? seriously?

#24 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

That's still 25mil, for a person who doesn't have a bank set up or a bunch of stuff to vend it's not _that_ simple. I'm at the intermediate level where I have some gear and some money, but I fully remember what it was like a year ago to have a 3rd class char and realize "i can't do -_- because I'm not packing mvp gear and +9 everything".

#25 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sad to read this... My new RK is now 133 and was not usefull until that level.

Now he's full DB and got 55k hp, 2,5k sp - Hell I never had so much fun with this char.

I think Ragnarok1 has a great Community, I had no troubles to level with groups or getting my TI
even my RK was bull-_- before :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users