The Life of An RK and RG is Rough: A Warning to All Thinking Of Starting This Journey - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Life of An RK and RG is Rough: A Warning to All Thinking Of Starting This Journey

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#26 Denji

Denji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

That's still 25mil, for a person who doesn't have a bank set up or a bunch of stuff to vend it's not _that_ simple. I'm at the intermediate level where I have some gear and some money, but I fully remember what it was like a year ago to have a 3rd class char and realize "i can't do -_- because I'm not packing mvp gear and +9 everything".

Well, the turn ins give you money. I'm having no problems doing stuff or having fun in RO. Put that three times drop to use.

#27 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

I am somewhat amazed at the people who act like having a triple carded red twin or multiple sword guardian cards is no big deal. Some of you cats have been playing iRO before renewal hit and had a loooooooot of money/resources to rely on... please don't assume everyone is so well geared.

yea this is why having debates on the forums is always a facepalm trainwreck. theyve completely lost site of reality of what its like to not be rich or to be new to the game. this is one of the most new player unfriendly games that exists on the mmorpg market. sword guardians never even go on sale due to their rarity and when they do, they cost a fortune to buy and arnt worth it

if you play well with ragial, you can get money very fast ingame, and things nowday are very cheap, i mean, variants for 25m? seriously?

lol it takes YEARS of playing this game to have the knowledge to do this. plus without the capital to begin investing, you cant do this anyways. and the lower end of the market is destroyed thanks to bots overfarming everything.

#28 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

lol it takes YEARS of playing this game to have the knowledge to do this. plus without the capital to begin investing, you cant do this anyways. and the lower end of the market is destroyed thanks to bots overfarming everything.

ask a guildmate/veteran friend/person how the economy works here, go to www.ragial.com and check how the site works, that tooks ... 10 min? 5?

you need to remember this game is 10 years old and there is a buch of zeny flowing since then, but still things are much cheaper nowdays than before

but if you want that a new player get access to high end gears since the beginning, thats stupid, its like in any other game, you need to learn how to play, how to make money, how to get gears and such

if you want everything to be a cakewalk, go play pocket ninja or one of those games when you gain exp for just leave the game open

#29 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well, the turn ins give you money. I'm having no problems doing stuff or having fun in RO. Put that three times drop to use.

TI's give money to VIP, sure.

Making money is possible -- but it's not so simple to rake up millions in a manner of days. Yes yes we all have that one story about how our smith made 3 mil in 15 minutes just greeding (assuming you have a smith) but the point stands that you can't just assume people are geared with high end stuff and have millions to burn on gear that is character-specific.

My postings above are not in favor of having complete noobs be twinked out with high end gear (I see this all too often, completely new players who have no idea how to play their class geared up with rare/expensive stuff from a pre-established friend) but rather they are asking for people to have perspective with their "it's so simple, just do XYZ" suggestions that require millions of zenny, rare items, or some ridiculous set up like marrying a soul linker.

Edited by mikayel, 24 June 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#30 Denji

Denji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Make friends.

#31 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

ask a guildmate/veteran friend/person how the economy works here, go to www.ragial.com and check how the site works, that tooks ... 10 min? 5?

lol worst advice ever.

'hey guildmate/veteran, tell me the exact items i need to lookup on ragial and purchase then resell to make money. i need a full list. oh and can you give me some zeny so i can buy those items?'

Edited by killedbytofu, 24 June 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#32 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

lol worst advice ever.

'hey guildmate/veteran, tell me the exact items i need to lookup on ragial and purchase then resell to make money. i need a full list. oh and can you give me some zeny so i can buy those items?'

more like

"hey dude, can you teach me a way to make money here?, and what do u suggest me to buy and what will i need in the future because im X class"

"no prob pal, you can also check ragial, there you can type the gear/item you need or look to and see how much you need"

and things like that, like ... you know

A NORMAL PERSON

and even its nothing wrong with purchase and resell, i never said anything about a exact item list, or give zeny to new people, so don try to twist my words you cheap soy product!

#33 Lee954

Lee954

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

I had a Royal Guard and Rune Knight for around a few reasons,: they're the best classes for me and their versatility, you're just lacking passion and belief those classes I love, you should know that they can even surpass those other tankers and dpsers, with their versatility, RGs in the past were great since of reflect leveling but nerfed making reflect useless, RKs can do decent dmg with hundred spears and Ib, to join a guild to level ur job lvl up first, when its maxed out, you can now farm for exp, your just doing it the wrong way but also gravity was making the game retarded if your not gonna give money, but find ways to make a loophole from that, you just need a very versatile build, them later One, invest for higher tier gears in a creative way, its because your lazy, it makes you fail in those classes

#34 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

haha all of these posts just further support what im saying. you have to suicide repeatedly to stay in low ti and be able to do low questboards for jobs. on VIP this takes FOREVER to do, specially since were getting so much exp now wiht the x2. i made the mistake of rushing my RG through levels and now noone will let me join their parties since im not a ranger and i have no AOE to lvl myself with yet. so im pretty much dead in the water 1 job short of lvl 1 overbrand. thank you gravity for making it impossible to level and making job levels come stupid slow post 3rd job change. if i tried to single target kill myself 5 job levels it would take over a week to do

btw its called Nogg Road, not Lava dungeon =p

All you have to do is use Reflect Damage, that still works. It takes 1 job level which is easy to get. I agree with you on Rune Knights though.

#35 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Agreed, RO2 sounds like its for you. Casual players.

Kinda why I haven't been playing it for a while. TOO easy, and looks too much like World of Warcraft.

#36 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

There are no quests post 99, and maps on iRO are barren (this means almost empty). iRO is a difference beast from other servers. Private servers are actually more fun to play because the owners put alot of love into them and are constantly adding in leveling quests. iRO seems to be stagnant on any kind of updates. I think their offices are way too shortstaffed and workers overworked to have anyone dedicated to making new content. I would love to see an iRO where TI's no longer exists, but instead, every town have a massive list of leveling quests to do that give exp equivalent to TI. Then this would be a REAL mmorpg, and 100x more fun.

Sadly this will never happen, so we just have to love the game for what it is and get our rpg fix elsewhere.

Actually I think they do have enough people, but just don't care anymore.

#37 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

you need to remember this game is 10 years old and there is a buch of zeny flowing since then, but still things are much cheaper nowdays than before

but if you want that a new player get access to high end gears since the beginning, thats stupid, its like in any other game, you need to learn how to play, how to make money, how to get gears and such

if you want everything to be a cakewalk, go play pocket ninja or one of those games when you gain exp for just leave the game open

Very true. I remember when variants cost over 250 million zeni.

#38 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hey boys and girls. Leave the insults out of the forums, okay? :)

#39 Fukyuu

Fukyuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

This is how I feel about this post. I am going to describe a day of Dragon Breath.

1.Can we tank high level MvPs without Bryn or a tao card? Can we tank something like ifrit or Valkyrie?

2. Dragon Breath.....Doing a great amount of damage without a tao card or a bunch of Hp/Sp stuff....2013.

3. Cool I have a bunch of Hp/SP gear but oh wait, My cast time sucks and the after delay is so horrible.

4.Now I have things that allow me to cast better and reduce the after cast delay....Oh wait now my damage is reduce by a lot.

5.Now things are looking good for my build, Cast Dragon Breath on a monster but it have fire immunity or high fire resistance. Dragon Breath being forced fire property.

6. I could give some points to Str for Hundred Spears but oh wait, my Dragon Breath damage would be reduced again.

All I heard in this topic was BB/IB. I'm not going to bring passion into this because I want to talk about the facts. IB/BB build is fun to play but I wanted to be a tank that can dish out great damage. Even with our high vit, we still get smacked around by bio 3 monsters.

I also want to say that this game market is bad also. Everything that people want on the market is somewhat crazy....

People want MvP cards, HPB's +9 to +12 stuff, rare crap that was in the market years ago.

Gravity needs to take a look at this game and see what the hell is going on with it.

#40 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

1) Bryn and Tao don't help you tank MVPs... elemental armors (and other appropriate reductions) do.

2) Actually wearing (non-eden) GEARS? People have to wear GEARS in this game?

3) http://irowiki.org/wiki/Magic_Strings

4) See number 2

5) Then don't fight those particular monsters. You wouldn't fight a water monster with a charmander would you? It's game balance. Not to mention water dragon breath is coming later...

6) Hybrid builds are not hard or costly to build, considering how many stat points it costs to take a certain stat over 100.

Suras tanking bio 3 monsters can't use skills or kill. That's the point of partying in the first place.

Market problems have nothing to do with RG / RK.

#41 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

I do agree. RG can't really kill anything in pvp, woe, or even normal pvm maps anymore. A boost would be nice.

#42 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

recently deleted my RK. just couldnt take it anymore. this class is too flawed. 22-23 job levels just to be able to start leveling up, nobody wants you in their parties, and an aoe thats worthless for 30-40 levels and even at 150 still greatly underperforms

You post a lot of gripes on the forum to things you wouldn't have near as much issue with if you'd spend less time convincing yourself you are right and more time getting advice from someone who knows what they are doing.

Edited by Jaye, 19 August 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#43 Fukyuu

Fukyuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

1) Bryn and Tao don't help you tank MVPs... elemental armors (and other appropriate reductions) do.

2) Actually wearing (non-eden) GEARS? People have to wear GEARS in this game?

3) http://irowiki.org/wiki/Magic_Strings

4) See number 2

5) Then don't fight those particular monsters. You wouldn't fight a water monster with a charmander would you? It's game balance. Not to mention water dragon breath is coming later...

6) Hybrid builds are not hard or costly to build, considering how many stat points it costs to take a certain stat over 100.

Suras tanking bio 3 monsters can't use skills or kill. That's the point of partying in the first place.

Market problems have nothing to do with RG / RK.

1. A agree with you.

2. No one likes sarcasm so you can keep that to yourself.

3. We all know about Strings already. Can you really say that someone would have Strings 24/7?

4.See number 2

5. As much as I want to avoid these monsters, I can't always have what I want can I?

6. I am only addressing Dragon Breath and how the build would work if I gave points to Hundred Spears.

I understand what you said about Suras. RO today have a problem with classes that can be balanced. We can dedicate RG/RK's to being tanks but why go through all of that trouble when you can turn to a Sura. I remember the days when Paladins was the -_- at tanking.

Hahaha you are right about the market problems. I was just complaining about the market I see today.

#44 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

rks have unlimited endure and they move as fast as a genetic with agi up, and they can tank -_-tons of damage while moving fast, plus runes (hagalas) making monsters do like nothing to them, plus they can kill while tanking

RKS > Suras MS tanking by far. Good sura tanks = snapping suras gathering mobs together, but they can't tank nearly as much as an RK can.

Suras only need to MS tank (as said by kasshin) in bio3/4, and perhaps thor's volcano.

#45 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

just saw some poor RG in mid ti tonight that had been sitting there for an hour trying to find a party but noone would take him. he finally erupted into a cussing fit and said 'im over this, ill just make a ranger' and logged out. no player should have to experience this, and its both the general player bases fault for being elitest classists and gravitys fault for not equipping their classes with enough so that all classes are equally attractive to play and want in parties (since this IS an mmo afterall). RGs are cool, but they are definitely an underdog that needs some retooling. maybe give them back their reflect and boost their kill spells a bit

#46 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

If I built an RG it could probably solo mid TI.

#47 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Or I could learn how to organize a party for TI myself.

Edited by Phantaminum, 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#48 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

That, too.

Even a Supernovice gets mid TI if they organize the party and use gwings.

Edited by Jaye, 31 August 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#49 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

...? It took me 10 sec to look at irowiki TI page, open both DB links and figure out I would use a Hunting Spear [1] to ignore both Cornus/Naga's defense, as they are both Brutes. Either leave weapon neutral or swap Cursed Water/Fire Converter every Overbrand or two. The needed gears are extremely cheap:

-Any water armor (Swordfish card)

-Any Hunting Spear at all really, Andre card would work

-Rosa Shield + Orc Warrior for Brute reduc

-I'd probably even take a Genie's (Marse) garment over immune, or possibly Coldproof Potion + Immune

When I did this same exact TI a few months back, my gear was not much better than this, and I simply didn't have a problem killing. If this poor, helpless RG in your anecdote really needs any of the gear I mentioned, send them my way. I'm never too poor to help out an RG.

...But if you choose to go Sacrifice/support RG, then that's your problem, lol. Even support RG can level by themselves, it's just not anywhere as efficient, or cheap (autocast gear is generally expensive) as just going battle. Reflect build isn't dead either, it's just not broken anymore, lol. Battle is still the best way to level, IMO... I did a completely solo (no outside buffs) ET run last night, I used Inspiration 5 times and used 4 Tokens to get to Cenia (whom I don't fully attempt without my ideal shield) so honestly... I think we're doing fine.

I don't really mind this stigma that RGs aren't that great (or that lots of people just haven't played one), though. In WoE, it makes the slaughtering that much easier~ <3

#50 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

RGs would be very bad this week actually. Cornus will reflect the crap out of OB and you will die.

But they can totally just go to Nogg and solo for a while.

And actually the problem is most RGs build themselves for completely battle mode, which means no sacrifice. Having sacrifice in a turn in party makes a RG 100x more useful. Overbrand scatters mobs especially if not aimed properly. They can still act as tanker but it really surprises me how many RGs (and RKs too) don't even know to use a witch pumpkin's hat and an alarm mask. Really if I'm recruiting, if they're wearing a BDM or something, that's MINUS points in my book automatically. Alarm Mask = ++++points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users