Reason for mass bannings? - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Reason for mass bannings?

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#76 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

http://www.mmo-champ...uild-bank/page5

Look at the post from cernnunos.

100k gold (or over) is one of blizzard's "hmm what's going on here" amounts of gold. Any time that amount of gold is moved around blizzard investigates.

^

Edited by AmiiMii, 13 June 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#77 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yes, and I believe the "for them to look at" part is what the main concern is. Obviously that step was skipped over in the recent fiasco cause it went straight to bans which then had to be undone.

its funny when the person banned requests to see the "records" and they wont show

all that bad

#78 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Real Money Trade®

Response, treatment, whatever man. You're comparing extremely painful situations to your experiences in a video game run by a private company who has no duty to you whatsoever.

Seriously. There is no way to paint this in a light that makes your statements not only unsympathetic, but completely arrogant and presumptuous as hell.

The ramifications are much lower in this situation, but the logic and ethics behind the final decisions are very similar if you stopped putting the analogy on a pedestal. He is not trying to make a literal connection between the two, he is making a metaphorical connection in which the train of thought of the 'oppressors' is very similar. While I agree it's not the greatest analogy, that doesn't mean that Rebirth needs to find a scenario equally widespread and disturbing to use the analogy to make a point.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 13 June 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#79 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Response, treatment, whatever man. You're comparing extremely painful situations to your experiences in a video game run by a private company who has no duty to you whatsoever.

Seriously. There is no way to paint this in a light that makes your statements not only unsympathetic, but completely arrogant and presumptuous as hell.

Irony all over your post. Sorry man, but this misplaced hate isn't getting you anywhere.

Reponse and treatment are different. It's that BIG difference is what seems to be getting you confused.
Let's try again with another analogy (hopefully you won't fail to comprehend it;3rd time's the charm) regarding the difference of treatment and RESPONSE.

The RESPONSE regarding Filipinos after WWII was that they were dubbed "Little brown brothers"
HOWEVER
the TREATMENT they received was still misplaced anti Asian hate and violence.

Treatment =/= reponse. Get that straight kid, but I digress. I don't even know why you bothered to point out my analogies and TRY to correct them when you were just pulling hate filled responses from your ass. Let's get back on topic regarding false bans shall we? After you, my dear friend.

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#80 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Irony all over your post. Sorry man, but this misplaced hate isn't getting you anywhere.

Reponse and treatment are different. It's that BIG difference is what seems to be getting you confused.
Let's try again with another analogy (hopefully you won't fail to comprehend it;3rd time's the charm) regarding the difference of treatment and RESPONSE.

The RESPONSE regarding Filipinos after WWII was that they were dubbed "Little brown brothers"
HOWEVER
the TREATMENT they received was still misplaced anti Asian hate and violence.

Treatment =/= reponse. Get that straight kid, but I digress. I don't even know why you bothered to point out my analogies and TRY to correct them when you were just pulling hate filled responses from your ass. Let's get back on topic regarding false bans shall we? After you, my dear friend.

IM WHITE IM SO SORRY FOR WHAT MY ANCESTORS DID TO U PLSS ACCEPT MY TEARS

#81 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

If you read on that website on Cernnunos's post on that forum.

Make some sense of it.

#82 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Make some sense of it.

hows the exchange rate between WoW and RO2? 7k doesn't seem like too much here. Never played WoW so i dont know what 100k is.

#83 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Make some sense of it.

How ironic can posts get?

They claim to have the records but the records show that I haven't been RMTing (pretty sure this is the 10th time)
If they really had my records which definitely show I haven't been RMTing. What else explanation would I need other than my records?
It 's like handing me a cookie and asking "Explain why you have this cookie". None of the accoutns that have been transferring have received any significant amount of zeny or items from any outside IPs other than my own (as said before, these accounts that transferred a significant amount have only been my characters that haven't been logged into by another IP other than my own. Having a Person C in a scenario invalidates it as it has been logged AT LEAST ONCE from another IP)

Make some sense of common sense™.

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#84 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Explaining that the post there is relevant here. When your moving obscene amounts of zeny here, which is like 7K+ Your bound to be put on warpportal's radar/watchdog list.

And if you read the record post, they have information about you MOVING about obscene amounts of zeny 7K+ or so on, WHICH FLAGGED Their attention, If they say they have records about what you've been doing, that means

They know you've been moving obscene amounts of zeny around, which A.K.A Flagged you for the watchdog list, they had every reason to, and the more you keep going on here, nothing will get resolved, it only makes you look bad in the process

Warpportal took the only approach they could with this kinda of thing, mass transfer of gold over mail.
"Flagging" the account so it would be unable to login until some explanation Is given.

Edited by AmiiMii, 13 June 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#85 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

There is no hate, I don't know why you keep saying that. None whatsoever.

You're the one spewing rhetoric and making terribly off-base analogies. I didn't make them.

Anyways, you continue your quest towards martyrdom. It will serve you well, I'm sure.

Edited by Coulrophobia, 13 June 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#86 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

here at bad company whatever we are called we ban at random then expect u to explain why uve been banned

#87 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

You're the one spewing rhetoric and making terribly off-base analogies. I didn't make them.

Anyways, you continue your quest towards martyrdom. It will serve you well, I'm sure.

dude i think everyone that is reading this thread can see the hate from all of ur posts. tbh i was thinking about blocking u because it was getting so offensive

Edited by Jonss, 13 June 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#88 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

here at bad company whatever we are called we ban at random then expect u to explain why uve been banned

they should rename to SMACKT forums ez

#89 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Explaining that the post there is relevant here. When your moving obscene amounts of zeny here, which is like 7K+ Your bound to be put on warpportal's radar/watchdog list.

And if you read the record post, they have information about you MOVING about obscene amounts of zeny 7K+ or so on.

Please read the edited post because I've explained one too many times.

HOLD UP, did the watchlist = banlist, because I'm sure as hell didn't know that.
Flagged = Permaban? This "Guilty until proven innocent" is really a handiful.
I know I'd be watched, but astonishingly enough, even when I'm being monitored, I'm still banned even though records say I've only been on my charcters and one IP.
This common sense™ stuff is crazy huh?

Have a nice trip towards the enlightement of asininity, who knows, you might stumble upon the path to common sense if you're lucky young one

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#90 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

HOLD UP, did the watchlist = banlist, because I'm sure as hell I didn't know that. I know I'd be watched, but astonishingly enough, even when I'm being monitored, I'm still banned even though records say I've only been on my charcters and one IP.

Sorry to catch you mid rage but im just wondering if they have said they will not unban you or they are just making you wait a long time? im wondering what the appeal process is, I guess you are just waiting on tickets?

I'm not taking sides but I do agree 7k on an account in town cant be that unusual, especially when you cant buy warp scrolls & a lot people lacking bag space too - if you haven't done anything wrong I hope you don't have to wait much longer to play :(

#91 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Warpportal took the only approach they could with this kinda of thing, mass transfer of gold over mail.
"Flagging" the account so it would be unable to login until some explanation Is given, the same approach is taken with blizzard.

Blizzard Usually Talks with the person in the game to ensure they are the same person, and need an explanation to what was going on.

^

Your Not really permabanned, Just flagged until you give them a valid reason why they should unlock your account, they have information about transfers of potentially large amounts of zeny and how you made it, but you won't even say a word about it, if you've got nothing to hide, then why not actually do something about it and say what you've been doing, Literally I'm getting tired of this, you will not listen to a word anyone says to actually try to help, and you deny only wanting to cause trouble and flame a company for them trying to do right, and explaining from a wise persons view, i've seen this happen tons of times there'll always be one odd one out not willing to do anything to sort their issue out, you could resolve this issue by saying what's been going on and be done with this thread, but if your going to continue this out, it seems like a hefty issue because no one is going to help unless you make a move and do something about it, i'm not actually arguing, but trying to help resolve the issue, but if your going to sit there and do nothing about it but post this continous thread, it is completely pointless sure other threads actually make valid points and the wedding/tux/recruit issue was resolved but compared to what your doing now, nothing is going to get resolved I mean There was plenty of CM's watching this thread and it seems they don't want to post because your making a mountain out of a molehill. Make your move, A La Touche.

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” - Dr Seuss

Rebirth, You lack common sense to not actually do something about your issue (talk with a CM/GM) about it rather than duke it out with your own hands, but alas it seems that no one can actually help you until you make your move.

Edited by AmiiMii, 13 June 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#92 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

HOLD UP, did the watchlist = banlist, because I'm sure as hell didn't know that.
Flagged = Permaban? This "Guilty until proven innocent" is really a handiful.
I know I'd be watched, but astonishingly enough, even when I'm being monitored, I'm still banned even though records say I've only been on my charcters and one IP.

Have a nice trip towards the enlightement of asininity, who knows, you might stumble upon the path to common sense if you're lucky young one

Your attitude and way of going about fixing what may be an error are deplorable.

#93 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Your attitude and way of going about fixing what may be an error are deplorable.

oh congrats on using a big vocab word. I don't know what's deplorable after giving full explantions just to have it manipulated and distorted to fit immature arguments but have your best shot

Sorry to catch you mid rage but im just wondering if they have said they will not unban you or they are just making you wait a long time? im wondering what the appeal process is, I guess you are just waiting on tickets?

I'm not taking sides but I do agree 7k on an account in town cant be that unusual, especially when you cant buy warp scrolls & a lot people lacking bag space too - if you haven't done anything wrong I hope you don't have to wait much longer to play :(

Not mid rage, more like mid rant. I think I've given up on this game. It's amazing how the community is here(not the whole community who know how to use common sense™). If I get my character with gold unbanned, I'm just going to give it to my friends who still want to play.

#94 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

wow being upset cuz u were wrongfully banned is so rare

#95 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Your mom

is fat.

#96 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

It's deplorable to throw a temper tantrum on the forums instead of working out your problems with the Game Masters in private.

#97 WinterStorm2

WinterStorm2

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Wait, if I keep my gold on a level one character, I could be banned?

You won't be banned.

Has that been said by someone official?

#98 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Why're you guys arguing with a botter anyway?

Has that been said by someone official?

Um.. does it need official word that you aren't going to be banned because you have zeny on alts? They said they're tracing illegitimate zeny sources.

Unless you're hording 10k of zeny around per character then I wouldn't be worried about it.

Edited by Varunax, 13 June 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#99 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

who's the botter here?

#100 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Why is a person with no common sense™ in this thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users