Reason for mass bannings? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Reason for mass bannings?

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#26 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hm, have you logged on to those other alts?

I mean who knows? Sooner or later those might get hammered as well.

Yes, I've logged into those alts plenty of times.
I don't really care anymore really; if my mules gets banned I'm done with this company. Trust me, I really like this game, but WarpPortal is making it hard for me to enjoy it. As of now, they're doing way worse than Nexon (which is doing pretty bad with the pvp servers, but at least they don't go mass banning people and falsfiying bans and say it's justified based on their BS records). Hell, I've never really seen DN have any bugs at all despite the bad pvp server lag.

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#27 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

And yet all my other alts aren't banned. Warpportal is full of shi.t.

Especially when they said they had "records". Umm, if they had records, they would've seen that all the transferring was done by the same IP address,

That does not mean anything. Some people meet up in person for RMT.

Both accounts were done by the same IP when the transaction was made

#28 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Level 1 characters solo on an account with tons of money are a huge red flag to GMs since that's the behavior of RMT'rs.

Not to mention there is little to no way of getting hacked if you own the computer you're playing on.

#29 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

That does not mean anything. Some people meet up in person for RMT.

Both accounts were done by the same IP when the transaction was made

Quick question: are you using your brain?

The person who sent the zeny was from my IP address. The person who received the zeny was also from my IP address. The money came from all my accounts. There has not been any other accounts logged in my IP other THAN MY OWN
Guess why. OH MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M SENDING MONEY TO MYSELF.
And based on "records" NO OTHER IP ADDRESS has logged in to any of the those sending and receiving accounts other than my own. Inb4 "maybe you were buying zeny from yourself"

Jesus christ kids nowadays. I'm sorry if it's sounding really harsh but I really have no more patience for this type of BS. I'm a Uni student who doesn't have time for this stuff. You think there are zeny sellers in CA? Why not list out all possible "scenarios" you might have. Hey, maybe a meteor fell on the servers which gave me an exploit for zennies and I would only use that exploit to get 7k zeny.

Level 1 characters solo on an account with tons of money are a huge red flag to GMs since that's the behavior of RMT'rs.

Not to mention there is little to no way of getting hacked if you own the computer you're playing on.

I guess there are no such things called keyloggers or hacker. I only made a mule after learning from my friends' mistakes (even though they didn't do anything wrong). I;'ve heard and seen them get hacked many times even though they don't download anything shady. It happens.

Ever heard of the Zero day exploit? Yeah, something as unsuspecting as Java can leak unwanted stuff in "your own computer that only you use"

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#30 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Could have thought your account was a front account... i.e. the account that makes a character, does the trade for RMT, and deletes the character.

If I was a GM I'd have banned your accounts butt in a heart beat till you explained yourself.

EDIT: No, I being CompTIA certified have never heard of zero day exploits or keyloggers that either don't work on this game, or refer to system breach methods... not how to steal someone's game account. Nope... never heard of them.

Edited by FallingGrace, 12 June 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#31 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

The person who sent the zeny was from my IP address. The person who received the zeny was also from my IP address.
And based on "records" NO OTHER IP ADDRESS has logged in to any of the those sending and receiving accounts other than my own. Inb4 "maybe you were buying zeny from yourself"

Jesus christ kids nowadays. I'm sorry if it's sounding really harsh but I really have no more patience for this type of BS.

I guess there are no such things called keyloggers or hacker. I only made a mule after learning from my friends' mistakes (even though they didn't do anything wrong). I;'ve heard and seen them get hacked many times even though they don't download anything shady. It happens.

Ever heard of the Zero day exploit? Yeah, something as unsuspecting as Java can leak unwanted stuff in "your own computer that only you use"

you shouldnt call someone kids with that justin bieber face

#32 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

The person who sent the zeny was from my IP address. The person who received the zeny was also from my IP address.

Jesus christ kids nowadays. I'm sorry if it's sounding really harsh but I really have no more patience for this type of BS.

or maybe you met up in a faggots room and offers your-_- for his zeny?

#33 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

you shouldnt call someone kids with that justin bieber face

I call people kids if they think like a kid, not by their appearances unlike you. I'm seeing dumb things being said = kid. Yes let's state scenarios that are unlikely, pretty mature like amirite? I don't say dumb things like you judging by appearance. I don't find anything wrong with looking young and neither does my girlfriend. Now, KID, if you have anything that's not CONSTRUCTIVE then please don't post.

Appreciate it.

or maybe you met up in a faggots room and offers your-_- for his zeny?

I'll take it as a no regarding to me asking you if you're using your brain.

The very epitome of a immature kid who doesn't know how to use logic to argue back and resorts in ad hominem.

As said before, the zennies sent were all from my IP address that has been logged only from my IP multiple times.

But try again mad skid. I don't get why you're resorting to flaming but whatever makes you sleep better at night alright?

I apologize if you can't comprehend what I'm saying due to a lack of common sense.

Could have thought your account was a front account... i.e. the account that makes a character, does the trade for RMT, and deletes the character.

If I was a GM I'd have banned your accounts butt in a heart beat till you explained yourself.

EDIT: No, I being CompTIA certified have never heard of zero day exploits or keyloggers that either don't work on this game, or refer to system breach methods... not how to steal someone's game account. Nope... never heard of them.

Then I suggest you google it. The Java zero day exploit was a serious issue. By playing minecraft you could have been leaked with that nasty stuff. And how on earth would you know if there weren't exploits that could be used on this game. With the numerous amount of bugs availavble I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I digress. Why are we even talking about this?

Oh right, having a mule account. I'm pretty sure a numerous amount of people have mules. I see no reason NOT to make them. At least they would have some backup in the event they were hacked (which happens a lot in online games)

And stated many times, here lemme copy and paste it:

The person who sent the zeny was from my IP address. The person who received the zeny was also from my IP address. The money came from all my accounts. There has not been any other accounts logged in my IP other THAN MY OWN

Here, lemme simplify it in case it wasn't clicking:
I have account A and account B. (Both were only logged in my IP address). account A transfers zeny to account B. Simple as that. Lemme repeat: BOTH ACCOUNTS have ONLY been logged in my IP since the start of open beta and official launch. It's as simple as that. I don't get how it involves a 3rd party seeing how they're both my accounts.

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#34 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

But theoretically, If I were to commit rmt and the buyer just gave me his account details so I could just send and receive money from the same pc, then that wouldn't necessarily mean that all accounts I've logged in to were of my ownership.

Not suggesting anything in your case, but just because you claim that they're 'your account/s' because they came from the same IP doesn't necessarily prove that they are yours

#35 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Or it could be concerning the "records", assuming that 7k zeny was transferred to that mule from your main/alts/etc., it could be that part of that 7k was acquired through illegitimate means [which may have been recorded, and as a result, they mention "records"], and as such, the 'infected' alt had to be put down as well.

#36 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Wow just admit it. Your main account got banned, now you're quitting and want to sell your prezciouz "7k Zeny".

L.O.L. "The same ip logged on to those accounts multiple of times"; "I'm afraid of being hacked"
So, I'm assuming you don't play on any other computer other than your own?
Cmon Beiber, no one wants to go through the trouble sniffing your computer just to hack "7k Zeny".

#37 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

But theoretically, If I were to commit rmt and the buyer just gave me his account details so I could just send and receive money from the same pc, then that wouldn't necessarily mean that all accounts I've logged in to were of my ownership.

Not suggesting anything in your case, but just because you claim that they're 'your account/s' because they came from the same IP doesn't necessarily prove that they are yours

I'm going to repeat this again:

Both the sender and receiving account has ONLY been logged on my IP address. They've only been logged in my IP SINCE OPEN BETA AND LAUNCH.

Your scenario doesn't work at all because for me to log in someone's account meant that that account has been logged into by another IP before. As said and based on their logs and record, they would only see that everything sent to my accounts came ONLY from my IP and have ONLY been logged in my IP. If you're including a person C that sent zeny to my alt account then it already invalidates it your argument as the sender has already been logged in another IP. No matter how many times you transfer the zeny, if you're saying another person was involved, then it has to have been logged in another IP at least once (how else would they get the zeny to send to someone else)

It has only been logged in my dorm room, both of em. No third party has been involved. How would my accounts gain any zeny, if I have no received anything from anyone outside from my own character and own IP? (other than the occasional recipes that my friend and I are trading)?

I don't understand why THIS is so hard to understand.

Wow just admit it. Your main account got banned, now you're quitting and want to sell your prezciouz "7k Zeny".

L.O.L. "The same ip logged on to those accounts multiple of times"; "I'm afraid of being hacked"
So, I'm assuming you don't play on any other computer other than your own?
Cmon Beiber, no one wants to go through the trouble sniffing your computer just to hack "7k Zeny".

Wow, how hard are you going to try? LOL, the very epitome of fail tryhard. Give it a rest kid. I don't get why you want to embarass yourself even further. From this I can see at the very least, your mental age is between 12-14.
That or you're retarded. How would a hacker know how much they're going to gain from hacking? They might have gained more or less. But then again it doesn't mattter to them as they didn't sacrifice anything to gain the Zeny.

2nd time I'm telling you: Use your brain. Would you rather get 0 zeny or 2k zeny without any sacrifices? Kids nowadays.

Oh and ps: if you're going to be making fun of appearances, then man up and put your own pic here. But then again, I know you're a scared kid who hides behind their monitor playing Mr bic boi.

Oh and if you're going to make assumptions I'll make one for you. Seeing how you're a 12-15 year old kid and you're still up at 1:17/3:17/4:17 AM in the morning (depending on timezones), you aren't from the US (seeing how your mommy and daddy would have made you sleep already) but are from a restricted country (like the Phillipines). Now be quiet or you'll attract a CM/GM's attention and get banned and cry like a baby.

Or it could be concerning the "records", assuming that 7k zeny was transferred to that mule from your main/alts/etc., it could be that part of that 7k was acquired through illegitimate means [which may have been recorded, and as a result, they mention "records"], and as such, the 'infected' alt had to be put down as well.

Yes if it was illegitimate all my alts would have been banned already. I still don't see why they aren't if they're "illegitimate". I actually welcome to ban all my accounts because they're "illegitimate". This may be going off to a rant, but I have lost almost all faith in this company. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#38 Shabazzz

Shabazzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Server:Legend of the 2nd

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

This ones on the house
Posted Image

#39 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

This ones on the house

Interestingly, I thought this company was bad but part of the community is as detestable as well.
But as said before, if you're gonna make fun of someone's appearances, grow some balls and post your own pic instead of hiding behind your screen greasing away. I don't even understand why you're misplacing your anger onto me.

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#40 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

OMG a hacker would want to know who are the popular kids in game if they want to sniff hack a personal computer lol

7k Zeny transfered to a "bank account" after the main account has been "falsely" banned coz "cousin" has been playing on it. Scared of being hacked 7k Zeny when you're only playing in one computer? L.....O......L.......

#41 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

You boys and girls might want to tone it down a little in here. Please. Thank you.

#42 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

You boys and girls might want to tone it down a little in here. Please. Thank you.

I didn't mean to start any flame BUT... I don't know why a flame started.
I think this should be left open for discussion due to the lack of REAL ANSWERS by GMs/CMs, but thanks for the quick response on the harassment, appreciate it.

OMG a hacker would want to know who are the popular kids in game if they want to sniff hack a personal computer lol

7k Zeny transfered to a "bank account" after the main account has been "falsely" banned coz "cousin" has been playing on it. Scared of being hacked 7k Zeny when you're only playing in one computer? L.....O......L.......

How hard do you try? Hackers sometimes don't target specific people, they get whatever they can. As stated above, in case you're illiterate

3rd time I'm telling you: Use your brain. Would you rather get 0 zeny or 2k zeny without any sacrifices? Kids nowadays.

Oh and if you're going to make assumptions I'll make one for you. Seeing how you're a 12-15 year old kid and you're still up at 1:17/3:17/4:17 AM in the morning (depending on timezones), you aren't from the US (seeing how your mommy and daddy would have made you sleep already) but are from a restricted country (like the Phillipines). Now be quiet or you'll attract a CM/GM's attention and get banned and cry like a baby.

3 strikes you're out

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#43 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

Really now, you've lost all sympathy from me. No need to be so immature.

If you truly were wrongfully banned, then let the GM's handle it in their time; and the fact of the matter is they've already unbanned quite a few accounts already so wait your turn.The fact that they still haven't unbanned your account certainly suggests something, and I doubt the GMs have a personal vendetta against you. And considering how defensive you're getting and quite literally attacking everyone who challenges your claim of innocence, then well what can I say Posted Image

Edit: Actually, what if your account/s were hacked and some random scammer used your accounts/characters to advertise 'services'?

Edited by SuperGlue, 12 June 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#44 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Yes if it was illegitimate all my alts would have been banned already. I still don't see why they aren't if they're "illegitimate". I actually welcome to ban all my accounts because they're "illegitimate". This may be going off to a rant, but I have lost almost all faith in this company. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Well pretty much the only other reasonings I could think of would be the same as why there was a delay between when your main got banned and your alt got banned. Perhaps this very instant is the delay between the third ban, perhaps it is not?

That, or perhaps they see no fault in your other accounts as you never really stated that you transferred 7k zeny to those.

Edited by Suweeka, 12 June 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#45 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Really now, you've lost all sympathy from me. No need to be so immature.

If you truly were wrongfully banned, then let the GM's handle it in their time; and the fact of the matter is they've already unbanned quite a few accounts already so wait your turn.The fact that they still haven't unbanned your account certainly suggests something, and I doubt the GMs have a personal vendetta against you. And considering how defensive you're getting and quite literally attacking everyone who challenges your claim of innocence, then well what can I say Posted Image

Edit: Actually, what if your account/s were hacked and some random scammer used your accounts/characters to advertise 'services'?

I'm not looking for sympathy, but a topic for discussion to show what WarpPortal is horribly doing wrong.

I really doubt my level 1 account was hacked for the sake of advertising. Nobody would know a level 1 account would contain a hefty sum of Zennies. Should've just hacked my level 50 account instead.

I'm a bit irritated at the recent events that have been occurring, no personal offense to you. I'm more irritated at the immature responses more than the incident now. (not yours).

I completely understand people doubting me but I've listed things that is evidence but somehow people manage to twist and distort it to "scenarios" that contradict the evidence provided in the first place. If you fully understood my situation it would be analagous to me flying to a different country and I get blamed for eating all the cookies in the cookie jar at home during the period I'm vacationing.

Well pretty much the only other reasonings I could think of would be the same as why there was a delay between when your main got banned and your alt got banned. Perhaps this very instant is the delay between the third ban, perhaps it is not?

That, or perhaps they see no fault in your other accounts as you never really stated that you transferred 7k zeny to those.

I've actually transferred quite a bit to them: 2k to one of my accounts to craft some purples but to realize it wasn't worth it -> back to mule.

Edited by Rebirth, 12 June 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#46 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Let this be handled by support/Staff. there's really no need to continue this, and they would unban a account if it didn't have any flags to it, and the staff have all the information possible, why won't you try actually making a ticket instead of making complaints against warp-portal, if they have information about you, then it's not going to be sorted out here, the more you act here instead of taking it up with a higher up individual in warpportal nothing will get sorted out.

#47 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Let this be handled by support/Staff. there's really no need to continue this, and they would unban a account if it didn't have any flags to it, and the staff have all the information possible, why won't you try actually making a ticket instead of making complaints against warp-portal, if they have information about you, then it's not going to be sorted out here, the more you act here instead of taking it up with a higher up individual in warpportal nothing will get sorted out.

Why assume I haven't already done so? I've submitted a ticket and I've only gotten one response asking to explain myself when it's 100% ironic when they ask me to "explain myself". Shouldn't it be them explaining to me why they banned me even if they have "records" which clearly indicate I haven't been RMTing?
This isn't just complaining as I'm displaying what's one of the core problems with their "methods". Even if I quit I'd like to at least show one of the mistakes they should fix to prevent future potential players. If nothing was voiced out what makes you think they would learn from their mistakes. Do you truly believe they would've fixed the tux/dress issue if the community didn't openly ranted about it on forums and facebook? We all know this answer, don't kid yourself.
When injustices/mistakes are being made, you don't just submit tickets LOL. Imagine if our country was like that. You really think letters to the government would have stopped anti-misecegenation laws/ racial segregation.
Why bring real life to this? Because games simulate the real life (at times). The company is analogous to the government and the players as the people. (Disclaimer: analogous, not completely the same.). If people are asshats online then you can bet they're like that in real life. Don't give me any of your dissociative identity justifications, if you are an assh.at online then it means you're forcing yourself be an as.shat= you are an as.shat (This isn't to you specifically, but to some of the immature responses in the thread).

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#48 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Why assume I haven't already done so? I've submitted a ticket and I've only gotten one response asking to explain myself when it's 100% ironic when they ask me to "explain myself". Shouldn't it be them explaining to me why they banned me even if they have "records" which clearly indicate I haven't been RMTing?
This isn't just complaining as I'm displaying what's one of the core problems with their "methods". Even if I quit I'd like to at least show one of the mistakes they should fix to prevent future potential players.

Why shouldn't you explain yourself? It works that way, have you read the terms of service about they reserve the right to terminate your access to the service? Explaining is the only way, why should they feel obligated to tell you whether your right or wrong, maybe you should actually try explaining what you've been doing, they won't help you if you don't help them know what you've been doing recently, if they have sensitive information from, logs about your transfers to a "mule character" it sets red flags to allow them to investigate you, you don't own the account yourself, warpportal does.

When you joined RO2, you accepted the terms of service BLATANTLY. without disregard, so you gave them rights to terminate you if they see you doing something shady.

And don't deny this fact, you won't explain, they are not obligated to help you get sorted out, if you actually explained yourself you wouldn't be banned at all.

Edited by AmiiMii, 13 June 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#49 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

This isn't just complaining as I'm displaying what's one of the core problems with their "methods". Even if I quit I'd like to at least show one of the mistakes they should fix to prevent future potential players. If nothing was voiced out what makes you think they would learn from their mistakes. Do you truly believe they would've fixed the tux/dress issue if the community didn't openly ranted about it on forums and facebook? We all know this answer, don't kid yourself.
When injustices/mistakes are being made, you don't just submit tickets LOL. Imagine if our country was like that. You really think letters to the government would have stopped anti-misecegenation laws/ racial segregation.
Why bring real life to this? Because games simulate the real life (at times). The company is analogous to the government and the players as the people. (Disclaimer: analogous, not completely the same.). If people are asshats online then you can bet they're like that in real life. Don't give me any of your dissociative identity justifications, if you are an-_- online then it means you're forcing yourself be an-_- = you are an-_-. (This isn't to you specifically, but to some of the immature responses in the thread).

We get it, you would rather be a public martyr than answer a few simple questions and get the whole thing sorted out for real.

#50 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Why shouldn't you explain yourself? It works that way, have you read the terms of service about they reserve the right to terminate your access to the service? Explaining is the only way, why should they feel obligated to tell you whether your right or wrong, maybe you should actually try explaining what you've been doing, they won't help you if you don't help them know what you've been doing recently, if they have sensitive information from, logs about your transfers to a "mule character" it sets red flags to allow them to investigate you, you don't own the account yourself, warpportal does.

I edited my post up there, but here.
They said they had records for my account.
If they really had my records which definitely show I haven't been RMTing. What else explanation would I need other than my records?
It 's like handing me a cookie and asking "Explain why you have this cookie"

We get it, you would rather be a public martyr than answer a few simple questions and get the whole thing sorted out for real.

I answered it = lack of response. I've filed a ticket = Explain myself when they have my "records"
People write letters demanding Japanese Americans not to be interned = no response -> they were interned.

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users