New renewal server? - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New renewal server?

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#201 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

if they really cared they would have taken more time and put more thought into the merger BEFORE they did it... having one ancient server full of stuff, one over botted server, and one new fairly clean server and mixing them together without any kind of control in place was just lazy and stupid...

as if they EVER cared about the economy in this game

#202 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Looking at Choobs after yesterday's WoE I'm actually starting to hope for a new server lol.

#203 MikeBaylon

MikeBaylon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

New renewal server sounds good to us. I GM's decide to create a new renewal server....

#204 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Looking at Choobs after yesterday's WoE I'm actually starting to hope for a new server lol.

Nothing to be done when guilds don't really get together and put up a fight, can't blame an alliance for not having anyone to fight. No new guilds join the woe scene either, and honestly, the situation would be exactly the same if a new server was made.

#205 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

or how about they just start limiting how many castles each guild can have to 1, to open the game up to more players

its sad that the gms #1 priority right now is worrying about the Stasis spell inside of WoE, when the entire game is falling apart at the seams and half of the community is quitting

Edited by killedbytofu, 27 June 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#206 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think limiting the number of alliances would be nice. You pretty much have 1 huge alliance steam rolling everyone and then one sort-of-half alliance trying. Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I miss the days when there were actually a lot of different guilds walking away with castles, not two guilds owning half of them.

#207 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

better rewards for castles would make more guilds compete perhaps.... i personally have no use for any of the woe rewards so i have no reason to woe...

#208 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Even with better rewards new guilds would probably have a very hard time trying to compete.

#209 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Even with better rewards new guilds would probably have a very hard time trying to compete.

and better rewards just gonna make strong guilds more stronger

#210 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

and better rewards just gonna make strong guilds more stronger

^this

im seriously surprised they didnt put limitations on this a long long time ago. the current woe situation is just stupid. nobody really has a fair chance at competing and with the god item/mvp cards, its even worse. you cant even play the SC/GX classes anymore cuz pretty much EVERYONE can see you in stealth now thanks to the OP as hell maya purple. its bad enough the SC class cant kill anything, but they had to take away their stealth as well. sad times

#211 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

well everybody started as a new player at some point, those more dedicated always had better things that those ones that are just casual or normal players, and that happend on all games not just RO

#212 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

iROs history of RMT items also added to the problems... how many players are well known to have paid hundreds and thousands of dollars to get OP gears.... i have a strong attachment to my character personally so i dont think i would bother switching servers even if they opened a new one...that said i was quite happy BEFORE they merged all 3 servers... and it hasnt helped game play in fact id say the exact opposite has happened

#213 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

It would be fun to start from scratch again, but I fear the cash shop would shorten the lifespan of the fun because of +13 wpns of super powers.
Kvm wpns + safe refining = megingjard like power you can buy.
Haves and have nots does destroy the enthusiasm of players.

Chaos has a pretty done over economy, plenty of billionaires trading thingies. Playing catch up in chaos server is a rough road indeed.
Walk in eden 2nd floor and see one merch selling a jellopy, then see another merch selling a +17 ghost armpit for bajillionz l/o/n.

The next renewal server should not have safe refining everrrr, should be vip only to pay for the server costs, no turn ins so new players can experience what ro was like before it took a turn in for the worse. HEH! and most importantly caught up with kROs servers lol giggles uhuohuohuhouhuhohhohhh

#214 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wouldn't mind starting from scratch as long as everyone else had to too, so 0 transfers, or limited transfers.

#215 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

I wouldn't mind starting from scratch as long as everyone else had to too, so 0 transfers, or limited transfers.

Thats what I did with Yggdrasil. But you know how that turned out.

#216 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ygg should have never allowed server transfers. I don't think any server should unless it is the same age as another (which no new server will be). Still, I enjoyed playing on that server more than I did Chaos -- even with Valk and Warrior Nation steamrolling damn near everyone in WoE. Part of the reason why I quit for a year was because of the merge.

If I do quit again (relatively likely) it'll be because of the state of Chaos and how I'm basically only enjoying the game up to level 115-120, and getting bored there-after.

Edited by mikayel, 27 June 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#217 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thats what I did with Yggdrasil. But you know how that turned out.

I kind of wished I had tried Ygg out before it got sucked into this merge. :c

Ah one can only hope some sort of miracle happens to fix all the damage that's been done, the state of Chaos is really just pathetic.

Edited by Alaska, 27 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#218 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

I think limiting the number of alliances would be nice. You pretty much have 1 huge alliance steam rolling everyone and then one sort-of-half alliance trying. Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I miss the days when there were actually a lot of different guilds walking away with castles, not two guilds owning half of them.

*Make it "no-alliance" or just 1 ally per guild.

*More players to volunteer to help small guilds/balance woe scenario.

#219 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

If they ever make a new server maya purple card should be disabled from dropping...

#220 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

If they ever make a new server maya purple card should be disabled from dropping...

The card was meant to be rare but "mystic OCAs" ruined that.

#221 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

I think the possibility of up to 2 MCAs per 10-15 mins from the Geffen event Orc Lady boss for a few weeks is what really did it. lol. u.u

#222 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

If maya purple exists there should be a card that grants any mounted class like a rune knight gets within x distance from the player and they are auto dismounted >.> How many other classes are mostly shut down by a single card that takes up a slot that isn't important?

#223 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

I don't think there should be a new server. It would just give more money to Gravity and prolong the current condition of the game; meaning it contributes to the lack of real new updates or future changes like a good RO2 and possible RO3. RO2 itself has just become cash cow even before day one release with its costume system. We want a good balanced game based on the Ragnarok manhwa and norse mythology, not dress up anime-esque avatars that's a WoW cookie cutters.

Maya purple is generally not as useful and is inexpensive on kRO and other servers. Other than detecting guild leading Chasers, I don't think hiding is made obsolete because of it. We just have a weird perception that cards from rare creatures are very good and should be limited or eliminated entirely from common use.

#224 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Honestly not much wrong at the moment besides it being costly and unrewarding to run a guild. Only the hardcore do it despite there being no end game rewards plan. Hence big guilds form such a power grip. I see alot of guild leaders quiting and i suspect its because they truely believe their best efforts will reap no rewards, ie long path to god creation is so random and unplanable that the path to reach it is like trying to drain a ocean with sieve.

Honestly until this is fixed dont expect things to change with regards to woe.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 27 June 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#225 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Honestly with everythinghappening, gms should really consider a new renewal server; allowing the same as current renewal server, just everyone starts from scratch.
Lots of -_-s have been happening on FB cause of the renewal server. LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users