• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#26 Mistori

Mistori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

To be honest, I personally think even pure tanks would benifit from BT since by end game you'd have enough agi and int lying around to make some difference in the threat gain coupling with 3x threat gain from aura armor. I might be wrong though.

No, it makes perfect sense. A party/raid can only do as much damage as the tank can generate threat.

However you'll probably see these situations only when the tank is still trying to gear up. (i.e. goblin leader weapon on tank vs colo weapon on DPS)
If you had a tank that could barely generate enough more threat than DPS, its quite likely you'll put the DPS in danger.

#27 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

BT is a nice extra for tank knight/warrior but i don't think it's required. All the tanks are designed around using str. More so the point there's no int accessory with tank stats. Bears would fall way behind. Our main tank knight gets good use out of BT but thats cause he scrapped together money/got lucky and uses blue cards so has some extra int.

#28 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

For threat generation you pretty much NEED BT - without it all the colo-decked-out DPS will out-threat you at one point.

#29 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

If you're a knight/warrior, and you do not have battle tactics, you are wrong.

By the way, I heard DPS Knights are terrible. What terrible guild do you call home?

#30 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Some cold place, the GM is a royal jerk. I think he's a furry as well.

#31 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

By the by Sonic, I was wondering what's your skill priority when leveling 1-50? I'm leaning towards DPS Knight :x

#32 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Max Bash
1 Battle Order
Max Aura Strike
1 Aura Blade
1 Magnum Break
Save till 25
Max Aura Mastery
Max Shield Cannon
1 Grand Cross
1 Shield Bash = At level 26 this point.
Max Aura Blade
Max Concentration
1 Aura Shield
Max Shield Fortress (i was in HoDP with 3/4 at this point i beleive)
Max Battle Order
Max Battle Tatics

Leftover 3 points in this build. You can get 3/3 aura heal or 4/5 aura shield or 4/5 Shield boom or 4/5 headcrush, or 3/3 grand cross +1 point wherever.

Reasoning: You don't get enough STR or AP while leveling untill the gear jump in late 30's. So leaving BO for late max won't hurt you. You'll see more results from getting attack skills maxed first. AB is passive so you don't need to think about at that point. You can leave Concentration till later but the boost is nice for dungeons while leveling.
BT is pretty much last because you have next to no agi/int untill you start 50 gearing.

This is a late bloomer build. You'll use a good amount of pots because again str/ap values aren't geat while leveling and you have no agi/int to hit big. I kept up fine dps wise while leveling in dungeons but you'll be behind in raids untill you get the colo acc + poisona cards to make use of BT properly. After that its just a matter of who has better gear.

Edited by SonicTMP, 28 June 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#33 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

did you pvp without aura armor all the way to full colo? o:

Edited by Kalandros, 28 June 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#34 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, I never took aura armor at all. Colo hasn't been a major problem. I've won about 6 times. I usually make it to 4/5th round with some effort. Just a matter of knowing when to kill, when to KS and when to focus on monsters. Poring AP buff + concentation is murder fun time.

#35 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

do you stop your Concentration when a Raid-wide AoE hits? o:
And also runes - all AGI?
And what of CoA Cards - think the Culvert Band/Mini Mongi set would be good to aim for? Mostly AGI INT VIT with a bit of STR

#36 AuroraSkye

AuroraSkye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Culvert Band/Mini Mongi set is amazing and great for Wiz/Sorc/Priest and DPS Knights, but just so hard to get. Once cards start entering the market, the price for them will literally be insane.

The set itself (with 1 poisona as the set is only 4) gives 10 more int and agi each, 12 more vit, +10 str too than 5 poisonas would. Truthfully this would be an ideal set, but it is quite far out of reach. It can be seen as an end-game ideal, but I won't bother with it.

As far as I can tell, all the runes seem to be AGI. I haven't got to that point yet, but the int is gained through colo accs and cards so need more agi for criting.

#37 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

I keep Concentration up at all times. Full heavy armor + shield + earth sheild buff offsets any problems with Conc. Really i don't notice much damage from AoE unless I get double hit or a boss crit. Though i still stand in sanct/deluge when it comes.
All runes are +5 agi. Current cards are Poisona as I've said in other posts.
CoA cards: That is the set I'm aiming for. 28 more int/agi when the full 4 card set. That's roughtly 3% more crit and 12% more crit damage. Can't go wrong with that.

For referance: I'm sitting at 23.71% crit unbuffed atm. Missing only the colo chest (2 more agi). A tad over 31% in raid with pot+food+mark+ranger buff.

Edited by SonicTMP, 28 June 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#38 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

I only brought that card set up because I got the Mini & Mongi of Abyss Card (lucky 1 Card Designate did it~ ) Just need to make the same for Culvert Band Card x:
Really interested in making my Knight into a DPS Knight. My "Lubu-style" warrior is already pretty complete.

#39 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Should see some overkill screenshots on my profile page on how far a warrior can go currently. Just minus 5% off hit/vigor/crit/haste as I was using [Pump It Up Hard] during that.

#40 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

Max Bash
1 Battle Order
Max Aura Strike
1 Aura Blade
1 Magnum Break
Save till 25
Max Aura Mastery
Max Shield Cannon
1 Grand Cross
1 Shield Bash = At level 26 this point.
Max Aura Blade
Max Concentration
1 Aura Shield
Max Shield Fortress (i was in HoDP with 3/4 at this point i beleive)
Max Battle Order
Max Battle Tatics

Leftover 3 points in this build. You can get 3/3 aura heal or 4/5 aura shield or 4/5 Shield boom or 4/5 headcrush, or 3/3 grand cross +1 point wherever.

Reasoning: You don't get enough STR or AP while leveling untill the gear jump in late 30's. So leaving BO for late max won't hurt you. You'll see more results from getting attack skills maxed first. AB is passive so you don't need to think about at that point. You can leave Concentration till later but the boost is nice for dungeons while leveling.
BT is pretty much last because you have next to no agi/int untill you start 50 gearing.

This is a late bloomer build. You'll use a good amount of pots because again str/ap values aren't geat while leveling and you have no agi/int to hit big. I kept up fine dps wise while leveling in dungeons but you'll be behind in raids untill you get the colo acc + poisona cards to make use of BT properly. After that its just a matter of who has better gear.

Awesome! Yeah I was figuring it'd make sense to level BO late since we have rubbish stats early on. I assume you went Grand Cross over Skull Crush since you don't want to overwrite the tanks bleed?

#41 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

I'm bored, so I might change it up a bit. From now on I fully support DPS Knights, I will redirect all questions to the almighty SonicTMP who will lead us all to glory and stand alongside the MUSCLE class.
Let's get this thing going, time to convert all those new Knights to DPS, leave tanking for Monks and Bears. That way we might see a bigger population of those 2 poor classes.

In short, all knights please switch to DPS builds.

#42 Yoruno

Yoruno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

I'm bored, so I might change it up a bit. From now on I fully support DPS Knights, I will redirect all questions to the almighty SonicTMP who will lead us all to glory and stand alongside the MUSCLE class.
Let's get this thing going, time to convert all those new Knights to DPS, leave tanking for Monks and Bears. That way we might see a bigger population of those 2 poor classes.

In short, all knights please switch to DPS builds.

Did you just asked for all knights to sink 1kz for your amusement? =O
I approve of this madness. So lemme chime in; here's the rather extreme off-tank build im gunning for:
http://www.ro2base.c...310723.22310723

This would be my ideal dps build: http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
the 4 free points can be sank into battle order or something else if you're partying with another swordie who has it maxed.

Though personally I prefer this for the F spam galore: http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#43 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

We got 1 new convert here. Let's keep the ball rolling.
Tell your friends, tell your family, DPS KNIGHTS IS THE NEW FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH CLASS!!!
Heck, I'll post in General, things go quicker there.

#44 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Guess I wasn't entertaining enough.

#45 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I would never post my exact build, stat for stat, skill for skill. I've bought many resets to customize my build around the way I play. I would never hand someone a cheat sheet that would allow them to by pass the trials and tribulations I went through to get it just right.

Edit: It's OK to point someone in the right direction. That's what we're here for. Just don't spoon feed people builds, let them find out on their own what works for them.

Edited by Bronx, 01 July 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#46 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Thats fine, those who feel like making guides and such will do so anyway o;

Anyway, 2 guys in my guild calling my DPS Knight project "useless".

O:

I'll have to show 'em x:

#47 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

eh

Anyway, looking at Sonic's build There's 3 pts I can free up and I'm not sure where I should put them - I don't see the point of 3/3 Grand Cross and of course the leftover point on headcrush could be used elsewhere~

#48 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I don't see the problem with putting up a guide. The idea is to help players become better and educate the community on what can and can not be done.

Standard cookie cutter builds are in every game. You can't get away from it. You aren't required to share either if you don't want to.

And really would you rather have the dps with the best damage skills or with random movement stuff and half the damage output? A guide is just that a guide. Tweak it from there as you see fit but at least you know it works at a base level.

As for my 3 spare points, I thought with the int/agi build GC might become better. Sadly even when I agi boost pot it doesn't crit enough to make up for its poor damage. The last point was just where ever. If I ever get a skill reset i'd probably move those 3 points into aura shield.

#49 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I made the mistake with RO1, and I promised myself never to repeat it on another game. I literally had thousands of BronxZENuff clones scattered on multiple servers, on multiple continents.

#50 Yoruno

Yoruno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

While I don't approve of "cookie cutters = best builds" mentality, having guides up help people pick some info and references to work from there towards personal build so that's 2 sides of the coin. Unfortunately(?) cookiecutter builds do tend to be effective in the way they are meant to be used so..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users