Patch Notes 6/26/2013 *Completed - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 6/26/2013 *Completed

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#101 FatalMethod

FatalMethod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Taking a break.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Can someone confirm if the Dungeon / Channel change instance bug is fixed during this patch?.. we've had it since the game released.

#102 GaIina

GaIina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

I had some time to read through this thread today and I am really surprised at the backlash from members not to mention those praising maplestory as a better game at the moment. I have played Maplestory since their beta and they recently celebrated their eighth anniversary. When they were just a fledgling game guess what? It was all grinding on Victoria Island. There wasn't even close to a third of the more fun stuff they have today and there are a lot of items in the cash shop which help OP or benefit players, but you can still play for free legitimately.

I am not sweating RO2 not having everything out yet and not being perfect, it's new here! I am very glad to see that a mod posted they made their own decisions about the costumes and didn't listen to Korea...that is a huge step in the gaming world since most companies just do as told by the overseas branch.

From what I have seen on the boards the RO2 team is trying really hard to please the memberbase - we got to keep the founder title stats, remember? But they can't please everyone and they are also a business who needs to make money so of course they are going to add tempting items into the cash shop to make a living. I'd rather see some players get OP than have the game shut down like WonderKing and others have been in the past.

I don't expect these changes to make a difference in the long run since as I mentioned Maplestory is like that and used to be very cash shop oriented to get ahead (still is), but you can still enjoy the game regardless due to the changes they've made over time.

A suggestion to the RO2 development team if you read this: Take a page from the MS book. They often have hot time events (similar to your current attendance), but the items to be won at the end of the week usually are something rare or cash item related which helps people out who couldn't have normally bought them. They also come up with events with stuff that is similar to some cash items in regards to item buffs etc or just really freaking awesome weapons/gear which can only be obtained during that event time window...but you have to actively be killing monsters etc to get them. Boosts game activity and helps those who can't afford cash items. Win-win

Right now I am earning yet another Character expansion slot on Maplestory simply by logging in and killing 300 monsters a day for two weeks. Earned a special chair last night from a box drop event. Also earned completely new gear for their month long event for their anniversary which gives maple gear (year 8) and other rare weapons which are normally harder to obtain.

That's my two cents. :)

Edited by GaIina, 26 June 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#103 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

Awesome decision made with the Runes. I think +9/10 runes are way too OP. Thanks.

#104 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

It's not just the bags, it's how it's been implemented. Korea can say we're the "premiere RO2" all they want, but actions speak louder than words and so far seaRO2 is calling the shots on what goes into our server and Korea isn't against it.

Getting WoE before Noel sorta throws off that idea...

#105 MonkeyDeSoul

MonkeyDeSoul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

3. Kafra Shop

A. Rune Enhancement Elixirs

- Rune Enhancement Elixir of Strength

- Rune Enhancement Elixir of Dexterity

- Rune Enhancement Elixir of Intelligence

- Rune Enhancement Elixir of Wisdom

- Rune Enhancement Elixir of Vitality

Removed these Elixirs from the patch as their usage is a bit too awkward balance wise.

Really nice patch and good decision to this one, keep on that awsm work. ^_~

Edited by MonkeyDeSoul, 26 June 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#106 Superon

Superon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

honestly, i see RO2 is trying to improve and actually update new dungeons which i'm happy already. no matter what, there're player will be happy and some will not. to me, as long new stuff comes out and not sit there afk, i'm fine with it.

let see what happens after this patch :)

#107 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:North American

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Really smart decision on taking out those rune elixirs. Also thought Shaggy Bag was pretty funny also.

Edited by PoweredByRice, 26 June 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#108 orphe

orphe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

The patch look quite nice, and i am pretty happy to see this khara quest with large bag change.

Now, to make us all happy, in particular for us to enjoy CoA, please do something with the ressurection delay o.o

Edited by orphe, 26 June 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#109 3587130504060515037

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEspaña
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

please , many people need to learn , my english skill is basic but really

LARGE BAG NOT DISAPPEAR , only change Khara .....

in chapter ONE , First ROW, last position , Adquire 3 large bags, now only need 3 Shagy bag ... its easy ....

#110 MonkeyDeSoul

MonkeyDeSoul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

3. Kafra Shop

B. Rune Remover

Explanation. 101

The rune elixer are basically to +1 ~ +5 your rune :

For example : You have a Radiant Vit rune currently +5 and lets say you want a better one?
You would buy the Elixer from the Kafra Shop and to BUY one from the Kafra is costs 200 Kafra.

And it's all RNG there is not a for sure chance you'll end up with a +10 rune. It could come out +6, +7 , +8 , +9 , and of course +10.
You're not able to RETRY ON THE SAME RUNE, It will not let you. If you end up using an Elixer on your rune and you get a +6 then you will have to buy ANOTHER RUNE and BUY ANOTHER Elixer in order to TRY again for a +10.

I've calculated my own runes, currently is sitting at 15 Rune Slots with all +5 Int.
If I wanted to Elixer every rune I would have to pay 30$ , and there is not even a known fact that I will GET the +10.

150 Int is to die for , but my wallet is also killing me.

Ohhhhh.... I forgot to mention! :D You can't Elixer the rune in your gear , you have to buy a BRAND new rune in order to elixer.
If you don't want to take out the rune and spend another 50z? There'll be a Rune Remover for 100 Kafra :3

Ths for the info but it doesnt interest me how much you pay! If your wallet is kiling you or that you sit at 15 rune slots does not interest me at all. If you wanna give information for the community its ok but nobody wants to know what you have or can spend. ^_~

PS: Sad that they removed it for now but it's a good decision. ^^

Edited by MonkeyDeSoul, 26 June 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#111 Duke1987

Duke1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Thank you for not impleting the runes. It would have been really pay to win and a lot players would be upset about this.
You really hit the right decision in this case.

Keep up this work GMS

#112 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Good call on not implementing the runes (:

#113 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Good Job!

Edited by AmiiMii, 26 June 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#114 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Posted Image

#115 Patibong

Patibong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Patch Notes for 6.26.2013

3. Kafra Shop

Removed these Elixirs from the patch as their usage is a bit too awkward balance wise.

For players not in the know about the retraction. can't wait to hear them rage when the servers are back up. They have got no clue what's NOT in store for them.

There was even a significant spike in rune prices after the initial patch announcement as players began to stock up on their preferred runes ready for enhancing.

Edited by Patibong, 26 June 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#116 MonkeyDeSoul

MonkeyDeSoul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

For players not in the know about the retraction. can't wait to hear what them rage when the servers are back up. They have got no clue what's NOT in store for them.

There was even a significant spike in rune prices after the initial patch announcement as players began to stock up on their preferred runes ready for enhancing.

Thats what greedy people do deserve who just react to something but not think further or wait till its realy ingame. All said. ^_~

#117 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

Yeah before the Patch notes was posted runes were selling for 30-40z, when I logged back in hours before maintenance it all went to 60+z and so did the other requirements such as Radiant Crystals.

#118 3831130509072723357

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

F. Phantom Pyramid Reward Update

-1F Monster Fragment -> Prontera Knight Union Point

-1F Earthly Trace -> Odin Orthodoxy Union Point

-1F Explorer’s Blue Potion -> Alberta Merchant Alliance Union Point

-1F Spirit of Ruin -> Darkness Shadow Union Point

-2F Origin of Life -> Hunter Union Point

-2F Firmament Essence -> Magic Academy Union Point

-3F Memorable RO Props Box II -> Memorable RO Props Box III

-

7F Hero Cape -> Angel Wings

glad you guys finally changed that part of the table, it still has more room for improvement but its a good start. another thing would be to make the first round of the phantom tables 100% success which would probably make those phantom stones a little more beneficial to those who purchase them from you or from the players who buy them and sell in game

-Super Large Bag Khara mission is being replaced with Shaggy Bag

-Shaggy bag can be acquired from Masimoa, Venom Spore, and Baby Venom Spore from around Hunter’s Cabin in Payon Forest.

Glad this was changed people were complaining to much about this quest with regards to the price of the bags, at least this may lower the amount of complaints about them

#119 Reira

Reira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

-Quiver will now be disassembled into Oridecon.

*_* awesome!

#120 creaper

creaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

Like the new patch notes plus the events good job guys keep up the good work

Edited by creaper, 26 June 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#121 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'm so greedy, even forum statuses end up getting their space hogged by me. :D

#122 Xandraa

Xandraa

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hello, I wonder how long the update please.
Thank You :p_smile:

#123 MonkeyDeSoul

MonkeyDeSoul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

I'm so greedy, even forum statuses end up getting their space hogged by me. :D

Aww you a bad boy/girl! xD

#124 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well not implementing the elixirs is one thing, but that explanation, awkward balance, worst explanation ever :x

#125 Sorawa

Sorawa

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Please fix Khara bug!!!!! it doesn't show progress :sigh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users