"Tier 2" colosseum gear? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

"Tier 2" colosseum gear?

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#26 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hm. I'm sure tier 2 gear will have something to do with Victory medals earned @ Colo.

nope

#27 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

Huh? Why not? Read the description of the medal. it says "You can exchange this medal for better gear" ,right?

#28 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

if they are following what other servers are doing, it will be straight just BP. why is everyone crying about this, just go do more colo again or just save up BP. They wont make tier 1 a prereq for it

Is there any way you can confirm what you said?  Like a screenshot from either kRO2 or seaRO2 vendors?  I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route, similar to WoW.  The next season moves to take place of the existing and the current one drops to either a lower price or more readily available currency.  I think most people are complaining because of time investment.  Its a MMO, time sinking is its function and in many cases the limiting factor to character strength.  Some(most?) players will often try to find the path of least resistance and effort. 

#29 bassae

bassae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

I cant access my KRO2 account but I remember the weapon being 925k BP straight up. 

#30 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

If that is the case, it is roughly 30% more expensive.  30% more time eh?  Hmm...I can see a blood point wipe when that happens.

#31 Denvalas

Denvalas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

If that is the case, it is roughly 30% more expensive.  30% more time eh?  Hmm...I can see a blood point wipe when that happens.

Yeah give more reasons to quit this game is not like there is enough motives to do it.

#32 SuccubusDeSade

SuccubusDeSade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationNiflheim

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

Already suck at the moment that a pvp farmed set is better than a crafted one or a farmed one, and the answer is a colo set Tier 2?

Meh.. gravity or warp portal... don't worrie about bugs don't fix them nevermind, if this colo T2 set is real i think i quit bugs or not let me know now xD

#33 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

I don't see a blood point wipe happening at all. That would be the fastest way to completely kill this server. I have full colo on a few characters, and I don't even particularly enjoy doing it. It's more of a chore than anything. (Especially on a melee class.) Now I'm in the process of saving up my BP for the next tier (not because I enjoy colo, only because I want the gear) and if WP were to just say: "herp derp, sorry for all the time you wasted playing colo, but we're wiping bloodpoints for tier 2",

I know myself and many others would quit without a second thought.

#34 bassae

bassae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

from what i remember only weapon and chest were a lot more expensive (925+600(?)) the rest were not that much more from colo

#35 SuccubusDeSade

SuccubusDeSade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationNiflheim

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Qtpiegmdrops you are not the first that i hear with colo set that say hasn't totally NO FUN farming it, i thinked talking to myself "ok maybe i say that colo suck couse i suck, and couse i haven't the colo set" but i keep read/hear those things from colo winners, or peoples who has colo set.. mh.... MAH...

#36 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Qtpiegmdrops you are not the first that i hear with colo set that say hasn't totally NO FUN farming it, i thinked talking to myself "ok maybe i say that colo suck couse i suck, and couse i haven't the colo set" but i keep read/hear those things from colo winners, or peoples who has colo set.. mh.... MAH...

It's because most people do colo due to the fact that arguebly the best armor in the game comes from it. (A case can be made for CoA H being better). In that regard, people do colo because they feel as though they have to, not because they want to.

I wasn't planning on entering colo again after I finished my colo set. Then I heard about the tier 2 set coming out, so here I am, putting in more work at the salt mines in preparation for that.

I honestly wish they would leave the tier 2 out for a few more months as I'd prefer to take a longer break from colo.

#37 Greeds

Greeds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

nope

Huh? Why not? Read the description of the medal. it says "You can exchange this medal for better gear" ,right?

Because enabling people who're already winning colo, get better gear and win even more makes sense, right?

I cant access my KRO2 account but I remember the weapon being 925k BP straight up

That's the most crappiest thing I've read. If they do this on this server, many people will be leaving, myself included.

Players who played colo day and night to buy a T1 colo item and then suddenly it's made redundant. How'd they feel now?

#38 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Oh fantastic, as if a monk with no colo gear didn't have enough of a grind in front of himself in the first place, now everyone with colo gear is going to come back to colo to get tier II.  As if Colo wasn't flooded with enough people with full colo gear in the first place, for no apparent reason.

Only the best of the best will be seen with colo gear, that's why!

Sure thing RO2, sure thing... if by best of the best you mean those who already have colo gear, or are rangers/sorcerers.  A nice solution would be to make a "Super Colo," or a colo to get "Super Bloodpoints" to buy tier II with, so that poor monks like me at least have a chance.  Oh well, we all know nothing sensible like that is going to happen.

#39 Kyrioskadi

Kyrioskadi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Because enabling people who're already winning colo, get better gear and win even more makes sense, right?

That's the most crappiest thing I've read. If they do this on this server, many people will be leaving, myself included.

Players who played colo day and night to buy a T1 colo item and then suddenly it's made redundant. How'd they feel now?

- A good halfway would be to allow people who have T1 colo item to exchange their T1 item for like 50% of the item's BP or something. This would allow people who have T1 not feel they lost out versus the others who saved up. Thinking of it like the cost of using said item. 

#40 Greeds

Greeds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

^Better yet, having T1 colo item as a requirement for upgrade to T2 item would fix everyones problems/complaints.

#41 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm going to see if we can get more information for everyone on the upcoming 2nd tier pvp items and the Guild Battle skills.

#42 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

- A good halfway would be to allow people who have T1 colo item to exchange their T1 item for like 50% of the item's BP or something. This would allow people who have T1 not feel they lost out versus the others who saved up. Thinking of it like the cost of using said item. 

^Better yet, having T1 colo item as a requirement for upgrade to T2 item would fix everyones problems/complaints.

If T2 does exist it should have a few ways to be acquirable, making it fair for all, especially since every other aspect of Colo is anything but fair.

Example: T2 Chest costs 9XX BP

You can either buy it straight out or spend the difference in BP between T2 Chest and T1 Chest and upgrade your T1 Chest.

That way BP hoarders can still directly buy their gear pieces and people that already have sets aren't at any more of a disadvantage for spending their points.

Honestly I rather them do things to fix and "balance" Colosseum before they add more things that make underprivileged classes cry more tears of blood.

#43 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

Yeah give more reasons to quit this game is not like there is enough motives to do it.

If WP made decisions before in the name of "balance", then I won't be surprised at all if they do a wipe.  That's just what I expect from playing previous MMOs.  Whatever metric of "balance" WP is using made them put the thought of introducing Tier2 last week only to push it a month later for "rebalancing".  I won't be surprised by anything at this point.

It's because most people do colo due to the fact that arguebly the best armor in the game comes from it. (A case can be made for CoA H being better). In that regard, people do colo because they feel as though they have to, not because they want to.

I wasn't planning on entering colo again after I finished my colo set. Then I heard about the tier 2 set coming out, so here I am, putting in more work at the salt mines in preparation for that.

I honestly wish they would leave the tier 2 out for a few more months as I'd prefer to take a longer break from colo.

Pretty much why I do/did Colosseum.  The set itself is over budgeted and the CoA set bonuses have bad implementation.  At least with the Tier2 set the stats themselves fall in between the normal and hard AoD sets.  If tier2 PvP comes out before AoD then we will run into the problem again where people are overgeared on day 1, shortening the content cycle.

It's just another form of progression.  The same thing happens on the PvE side every few months.  Another step to climb on the ladder.  The MMO formula.  Chase the carrot on the stick.

The flipside then would be you should then provide a way to sell back PvE gear for something akin to Victor Points.  I find it more likely that tier1 BP cost gets cut in half or more rather than refunding.  I think it would be more likely that they would sell it for Zenny than offering a refund.  We'll see.

That fixes nothing in my opinion.  Everyone is looking for a refund on time.  Unfortunately time is the biggest currency for playing an MMO.  The longer the developers can milk the playerbase the more $$$ flows into the bank.

I just want someone from WP to chime in and mention what is the current plan even if it will change.  I want to know whether to log in for Colosseum still or not.  Whether I can spend my points safely or not.

Edit:  Oh cool, Njoror posted.  Now to really and wait and see what happens :D

Edited by Faythe, 18 July 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#44 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I'm going to see if we can get more information for everyone on the upcoming 2nd tier pvp items and the Guild Battle skills.

Thank you! Any information is appreciated as I could buy 2 gear pieces right now and would like to be able to comfortably progress to H raids, however I don't want to waste any BP so long as there is a chance it'll be outdated. If you can have input on the patch I'd strongly suggest what others have been saying, form a use for victory medals or use tier 1 gear as a requirement for getting tier 2.

#45 bassae

bassae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

it should be BP + Winner guild tokens from doing dailys since thats all WoE related

#46 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

For those of you who have been wondering whether is Tier 1 colo set required in order for us to get Tier 2 colo set, as of now the answer is no. 

"You don't need Tier 1 to get to Tier 2", a direct confirmation from GM Shark. 

So save up your bloodpoints for Tier 2 colo set, people! 

#47 neszlo

neszlo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCh1 Alberta by the Palm Trees <3 HouseBunny

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

I think it would be stupid if you can buy Tier 2 colo sets straight with BP, it has to be connected like let say if u wnna buy Tier 2 armor, u gtta have the tier 1 armor first then only u can upgrade it . That way, it will still make tier 1 useful. 

#48 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

So a monk or a BM player will forever suffer in Colo just to obtain amazing equips? Sounds like legit balance... And game design.

As if BP wasn't hard enough to gather.

#49 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I think it would be stupid if you can buy Tier 2 colo sets straight with BP, it has to be connected like let say if u wnna buy Tier 2 armor, u gtta have the tier 1 armor first then only u can upgrade it . That way, it will still make tier 1 useful. 

This is why I love you Nestle.

#50 MongJihyo

MongJihyo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Just enable T1 gears to dissemble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users