"Tier 2" colosseum gear? - Page 7 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

"Tier 2" colosseum gear?

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#151 bassae

bassae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

This whole thread is horrific. It's nothing but people whining at each with no real basis, just to argue with one another because everyone wants everything handed to them.

The reason WoW lost a marginal amount of players is because the game became to easy, which was a direct effect of the community complaining about not being handed -_- for doing so little. Colosseum is already a joke, but the arguements I've heard here against tier 2 are just sad. A BP wipe is stupid, that would force many players who have had the tier 1 to spend their BPs before the wipe on stupid things like union point boxes and unidentified cards which isn't the reason anyone is doing colosseum.

Not updating the colosseum gear is even more retarded, AoD will come out and there'd no longer be a reason to do colosseum.

I've had tier 1 colo set for well over a month now, I'm not complaining about getting more BPs to get tier 2, it makes sense. Again lets look at WoW, since WoW set the standard practices for years in the MMO scene, they had an honor point system. You got honor for killing players, it's essentially blood points. Every new arena season there would be a release of new updated honor gear. To be useful in PvP Arena it made sense that you needed the honor gear. One of the better things about the WoW arena system was though they had 2 tiers of arena gear after season 4 (armors after season 8). There was a weapon that required a rating of 1800, and a weapon required rating of 2200 in wotlk. It makes sense that the 1800 arena weapon was better than a weapon obtained through honor points, and that a 2200 arena weapon was better than the 1800. The better part was that if you got 2200 weapon, when the next arena season came out, the 2200 weapon was better than the next seasons honor weapon, but not better than the 1800 arena weapon. Here's what I feel RO2 should do now that I've given you a brief background.

RO2 has a, right now, completely useless item obtained in colosseum called a Victory Medal. Instead of having 1 set of colosseum gear, there should be two, a lower tier, and an upper tier. Because one of the biggest complaints in this thread is that people don't want to grind out a new set of colosseum gear. The lower tier would be obtained purely through BPs, it should be an increased amount from the current set. The upper tier can cost the lower tier piece + a set amount of victory medals.

In terms of balancing the armor, the lower tier pvp gear should simply be on par with the AoD normal set, however, it will have the PvP advantages making it still desireable to obtain for colosseum purposes. This appeals to players who mainly do PvP. The upper tier should be on par with the hard mode sets having the PvP advantages. This will make players who desire to raid still want to raid, and not be able to obtain the best RAID gear through colosseum, given that the AoD sets will have set bonuses that are desirable for PvE and the colosseum gear will have PvP stats desirable for colosseum and WoE and possibly more PvP future in the game.

100% agree. They will not do a bp wipe, thats the most stupidest thing I heard of. They have followed kor almost exactly if anything its going to be BP + Victory medals (since this is considered to be WoE gear) 

#152 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Not updating the colosseum gear is even more retarded, AoD will come out and there'd no longer be a reason to do colosseum.

And what is bad in stopping that abomination forever and ever?

#153 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Does RO1 is just doing dungeons in max level? No, it's all about pvp (FFA mode, woe, battlegrounds, international tournament)...

I guess you don't read my previous post. They just need to balance both contents, if we need to do CoA 100 times to get CoA set no wonder people prefer Colo...

#154 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Except you know, PVP in this game is not Fun ... is a exercise in pure masochism.

Tier 2 PVP gears should be a discussion for when this game got something that is a PVP and not gangbanging and purse mugging.

Edited by Inquisitore, 25 July 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#155 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

Because it's an aspect to the game that's already in practice. Why would they give up on it within 2 months?

I will agree that colosseum is not the best means of PvP through a game, however, if that's how they want to implement PvP then it's doubtful that they will stop it. So rather, I've given better means of improving the current system

#156 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

Because one of the biggest complaints in this thread is that people don't want to grind out a new set of colosseum gear.

ppl dont wana farm rhd - they hvnt oob and rhd gear

ppl dont wana farm raids - they hvnt raid gear

ppl dont wana farm/play on ah - they hvnt gold

now about colo

ppl dont wana farm colo but wana recive new set... WTF ?

*i dont wana farm CoA too.. give me that set for free coz i have GoB/PvE set already and dont wana farm raid more* - you don't consider that it sounds silly?

if you don't want anything to do, it is logical that you and won't receive anything

i start to farm for new tier when read patchnote(7/10 if i remember correctly) im special or what ?

all who want it already farm most of bp for.. problem here only in people who don't want anything to do and thus want to receive something, and these people fill in with tears this topic

#157 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

ppl dont wana farm rhd - they hvnt oob and rhd gear

ppl dont wana farm raids - they hvnt raid gear

ppl dont wana farm/play on ah - they hvnt gold

now about colo

ppl dont wana farm colo but wana recive new set... WTF ?

*i dont wana farm CoA too.. give me that set for free coz i have GoB/PvE set already and dont wana farm raid more* - you don't consider that it sounds silly?

dont u find it out silly that to get t2 colo u dont need t1 colo, when for example to get t1 raid u need at least rhd gear, or to get coa u need t1 h? I agree with u, that ppl shouldnt get it free, but what is about some discount for those who already have t1 colo? like 20-40% I think it is fair enough. And man there is supplier npc, which is supposed that we can stop to gain bps for getting gear, but in this situation this npc is looked like joke.

#158 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

ppl who have t1 farm colo much easier then ppl who hvnt.. i think its already fair enought

also u need same rhd/raid gear for colo.. u cant farm it naked

Edited by 8729130607033955267, 26 July 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#159 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

ppl who have t1 farm colo much easier then ppl who hvnt.. i think its already fair enought

/facepalm
oh boy u dont need anything for colo, u can farm it even naked, just enter in colo and put off some items and compare ur stats b4 this action and after, u will be surprised

and t1 doent make it MUCH easier, a bit easier i agree with it, but ur reduction/increased dmg % is nothing when u are focused by more than 2 players, i would say vip card has more important role in the colo than ur colo gear

#160 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

/facepalm
oh boy u dont need anything for colo, u can farm it even naked, just enter in colo and put off some items and compare ur stats b4 this action and after, u will be surprised

and t1 doent make it MUCH easier, a bit easier i agree with it, but ur reduction/increased dmg % is nothing when u are focused by more than 2 players, i would say vip card has more important role in the colo than ur colo gear

Allow me to quote my reply to his earlier posts.

Here

facepalm.jpg

#161 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

For those who already have t1 Colo equips, u guys ALREADY have advantage in PvP(with those PvP stats) over people who don't have t1 Colo equips...so stop whining. It is actually fair in kRO2 that t2 Colo only require bp to obtain it. This is fair for everybody INCLUDING new players...which is essential to keep this game alive in the long run.

#162 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

For those who already have t1 Colo equips, u guys ALREADY have advantage in PvP(with those PvP stats) over people who don't have t1 Colo equips...so stop whining. It is actually fair in kRO2 that t2 Colo only require bp to obtain it. This is fair for everybody INCLUDING new players...which is essential to keep this game alive in the long run.

i can say it again these addiotional percents dont make real sense, i still can be 2shoted by any sorc, i still can be stuuned/frozen for the same time as person who doesnt have any colo, i still have same stats, except for dmg/defense. And colo is ffa which is suposed that luck takes huge part, and these pvp stats can be compensate with karfa shop items.

#163 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

You would be surprised on how little difference colo stuff makes inside colo...

Dominant classes still dominate, even naked.

As a full colo knight, a random sorc with lolsub50staff can still drop me in one combo, if the sorc swaps to earth arms and start healing, he will never die to me in a 1v1 scenario. If a ranger that has half a brain picks on me, I can hardly do much about it, maybe delay my death a bit or try to deny him my points by letting a nearby vulture get em instead. A priest is like a MVP, unless you are extremely lucky, you team up against him or have that enrage going up, you wont kill him... but 60% of you colo time you gonna have those 3 priest DoTs on you...

It helps to have colo gear on colo? Hell yes!

It guarantee your way inside? Nope... It gives you a small boost and thats all, and that boost insnt enough by far to close class balance gaps.

#164 Pana123

Pana123

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

This is kind of funny

ppl with T1 wants T2 be "T1+Dif in BP"

ppl w/o T1 wants  T2 be "BP all"

ppl with T1+VM wants T2 be "T1+Dif in BP+VM"

There is no point in discussing, you are never going to agree. But the ppl who already have T1 are forgetting something, you already use the T1 gear....let me put an example and leave it to imagination: Toilet paper

I only think of a solution, that is good for both old and new players, someone already said this, but incomplete and only thinking to itself

Put tier 2 with BP only

Put a npc where you can sell T1 for BP (the exact amount of what it cost)

The old players will have Colo T2 gear fast, and will stop crying (cuz they were crying)

The new player, can buy Colo T1 gear, and they can do alot of thing, and then sell and buy the T2, in other word, they use a little time T1 and with little time have T2 (T2 will cost too much for new players, so t1 first is best)

This is the only thing i think that benefits both, even if i dont like it

And last. Put something for the ones who wins Colo, so they dont cry, and have something to think they are the best..but dunno what, VM change for karnium? a special cape for 5day? that kind of thing so they can shine, its that what they want

PD! sorry for my English...i dont care what they do, i dont cry, just play...and i never win colo so far

#165 Sadwich

Sadwich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

This is kind of funny

There is no point in discussing, you are never going to agree. But the ppl who already have T1 are forgetting something, you already use the T1 gear....let me put an example and leave it to imagination: Toilet paper

I only think of a solution, that is good for both old and new players, someone already said this, but incomplete and only thinking to itself

Put tier 2 with BP only

Put a npc where you can sell T1 for BP (the exact amount of what it cost)

The old players will have Colo T2 gear fast, and will stop crying (cuz they were crying)

The new player, can buy Colo T1 gear, and they can do alot of thing, and then sell and buy the T2, in other word, they use a little time T1 and with little time have T2 (T2 will cost too much for new players, so t1 first is best)

This is the only thing i think that benefits both, even if i dont like it

And last. Put something for the ones who wins Colo, so they dont cry, and have something to think they are the best..but dunno what, VM change for karnium? a special cape for 5day? that kind of thing so they can shine, its that what they want

PD! sorry for my English...i dont care what they do, i dont cry, just play...and i never win colo so far

Amen to this! Even adding "tax" or something for used stuff is still sensible.

#166 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

This is kind of funny

So them call them something else than T2 pvp set, because the definition of tier is steps, while you shouldnt be able to skip the previous set.

I think the minimum they should implement is to refund half of the BP invested on your T1 once you bought your T2.

If you already have T1, it means you already invested a lot of time in this game, It's expected for you to get T2 before people without T1. In the only BP system this wont be truth in most cases, as the having T1 factor doesnt give you auto wins, it just gives you a small, yes small, boost... and this small boost doesnt pay off for all the time you invested there already.

For all I care, it should be the current kRO price on BP(around 30% higher per piece) PLUS T1. Skipping T1 will make it completely useless over time, and actually a noob trap in the future.

The VM ideia is dumb, one could be just farming VM from round 1 boxes(not that hard tbh). If you are super lucky you can get up to 6 VM per colo, its a concept since the first second they put the VM to drop from the boxes.

In the end it will be straight BP. they wont listen us into this, as there's too much mixed opinions. And for the most important part, it's already implemented as BP only, so they wont bother changing it. Copy&Paste always wins for iRO2.

#167 Sadwich

Sadwich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Skipping T1 will make it completely useless over time, and actually a noob trap in the future..

Sad truth. Been downhill since the founder scandal really. Still, I'm staying for a little while.

#168 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

This is kind of funny

Please refer to my post earlier with a solution to all of this.

#169 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

/facepalm

good luck in 4+ rounds

also if there no soo much diff then why u all unhappy ? if there is no diff between rhd gear or t1 in colo u think there is alot between t1 and t2 ? you contradict to yourself , if there no soo much diff then just keep play with your t1 and be happy what a problem then ?

its really look the same.. just a bit+ then why u all realy unhappy ?

lmez.jpglzki.jpg

This is kind of funny

i have VM and can buy t1 right now, but i prefer 2d variant coz its make equal conditions for all:all u need - time

personally for me there is no difference, I will buy the t2 at any options

also  u are not rigth, for ppl w/o t1 dsnt matter how to buy t2, for pure bp or for t1+bp, like i say before many times already only t1 owners want the special attitude towards them here (not all to say the truth)

Edited by 8729130607033955267, 27 July 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#170 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

good luck in 4+ rounds

also if there no soo much diff then why u all unhappy ? if there is no diff between rhd gear or t1 in colo u think there is alot between t1 and t2 ? you contradict to yourself , if there no soo much diff then just keep play with your t1 and be happy what a problem then ?

its really look the same.. just a bit+ then why u all realy unhappy ?

lmez.jpglzki.jpg

bc in this game u need colo gear not for being good in the colo, but in raids, if u think 300 hp buff w/o bless + 150 matk w/o accs dont make sense, i dont see any reasons to continue this discussion

#171 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

bc in this game u need colo gear not for being good in the colo, but in raids, if u think 300 hp buff w/o bless + 150 matk w/o accs dont make sense, i dont see any reasons to continue this discussion

i think tactick and *know what to do* make sense in raids.. not +500 more hp, if u cant do it with t1 , I give you 100%  guarantee of t2  won't rescue you..

I will open to you one secret: full rhd enough to farm GoB/PvE N, Full GoB/PvE N ehoungh for H, H for CoA N,CoA N enough for CoA H ->

I have no concept why here t1 and t2

Edited by 8729130607033955267, 27 July 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#172 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

i think tactick and *know what to do* make sense in raids.. not +500 more hp, if u cant do it with t1 , I give you 100%  guarantee of t2  won't rescue you..

I will open to you one secret: full rhd enough to farm GoB/PvE N, Full GoB/PvE N ehoungh for H, H for CoA N,CoA N enough for CoA H ->

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#173 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I agree with you, armless people always take the overgear,and on quite rational remark they can burst out laughing only

#174 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

good luck with completing coa h with coa n stuff, dont forget submit video :p_smile:

#175 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

I agree with you, armless people always take the overgear,and on quite rational remark they can burst out laughing only

ohh.. sorry.. i was just reading your post and uhmm....i just cant stand not to  :heh:

Why are you so hyped up? Colo Tier 2s are undergoing re-balancing..So stats and the way how to aquire them might change.

You seem to be better informed than the CMs/GMs themselves.

Why did you even post this? Its like saying that water is wet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users