Auction House Scammer! - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Auction House Scammer!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#51 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

They are probably trying to get the buyer to accidently grab their 30z master red while they fast purchase a bunch of master red stacks. Another one would be the intention is to trick the player thinking it's a cheap 20z stack of reds so they will buy it quickly without checking how many reds are in the stack. Either or it's a scam plain and simple and merits punishment.  Hiding in AH will not make you immune from the lawman and the way to notice scammers is to just check the market values.

I had to highlight all the important parts about your argument because here is the thing about the accusation of said scam - if people take a few seconds and look at what they are buying than there is no issue.

I don't agree with 'pricing gouging' but in the same instance if people are willing to buy their items at ridiculously overpriced rates than who am I to say that they should be punished. Whether or not the seller intentionally priced it or just too stupid to check the current market prices is not my concern. If something is being sold on the AH and you carelessly press the buy out button without looking at what you bought than whose fault is it? Let's all grow up here for a second and take responsibility who pressed that button - cause no one made you do it. Until there is actual rules in place for 'price gouging' and the market is regulated by a government body in the game than the AH is a completely free market for anyone to post any item in their for any amount no matter how stupid high it is.

All I can say is take that 3 seconds to look at what your buying - confirm what your buying and once you understand it - hit the buy button. I do this all the time and I have never accidently bought any over priced items.

#52 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

How much is a stack of master reds going for? 30z?

How much is the single master red being sold for? 20-30z?

They are probably trying to get the buyer to accidently grab their 30z master red while they fast purchase a bunch of master red stacks. Another one would be the intention is to trick the player thinking it's a cheap 20z stack of reds so they will buy it quickly without checking how many reds are in the stack. Either or it's a scam plain and simple and merits punishment.  Hiding in AH will not make you immune from the lawman and the way to notice scammers is to just check the market values.

So, do you recommend human monitoring over AH activity? Sounds unlikely to be implemented. Maybe scammer hunters might work... but still there's a lot of room for confusion, specially since the players with items in the AH might be offline. It could be scammy intentions, it could be a mispriced item or it could be someone dumbly pricing an item or using AH as temporary storage..

I'd rather have a clearer confirmation screen, like when setting up your Shop, it asks you if you are sure the pricing is right for the Stack of Items. It should tell ask you if you're sure you wanna buy a stack of n items for X zeny. There's little that can be done about users who have skipped reading the whole information.

Edited by Audn, 05 August 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#53 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

The issue isn't about whether or not people deserve to lose their money, it's that the people who make zeny off scamming should be punished. That's all. You cannot seriously be defending people who list items for the sole purpose of tricking others for money.

While the victims may be at fault, they still don't (or shouldn't) deserve it, and the ones partaking in this deceptive scheme deserve to be punished.

Edited by Gerrr, 05 August 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#54 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

The issue isn't about whether or not people deserve to lose their money, it's that the people who make zeny off scamming should be punished. That's all. You cannot seriously be defending people who list items for the sole purpose of tricking others for money.

While the victims may be at fault, they still don't (or shouldn't) deserve it, and the ones partaking in this deceptive scheme deserve to be punished.

The issue here is about someone policing the AH and proving that the seller placed the price for the SOLE REASON of deceiving someone else and for no other reason. Complete 100% proof - no possible way that person could of been just stupid or miss typed or believed he was dragging over a full stack to sell. 100% proof...can we do it? So as far as I am concerned no one should be punished on the ASSUMPTION that someone is doing something wrong. I don't agree with any type of 'price gouging' but in the same sense I am smart enough to understand it is out there and I will take that extra 3 to 5 seconds to confirm on things I buy to be the right amount I intend to buy. People need to educate themselves and stop making themselves victims - use your brain and look at what your buying.

#55 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

People need to educate themselves and stop making themselves victims - use your brain and look at what your buying.

While I can't agree more, I think lazy users can be helped with a more informingconfirmation prompt.

#56 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

While I can't agree more, I think lazy users can be helped with a more informingconfirmation prompt.

Agreed - a confirmation window might clear it up for some people as well.

#57 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

I don't think we should accommodate the lazy more than we already do.

#58 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

You already get a pop-up window asking if you really want to buy something out. Adding more information to that window might help but the people making these mistakes would just quickly press enter to bypass it. Again due to greed because they don't want it to be bought out before they do.

#59 Follisimo

Follisimo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

So now you agree that this players intention is to deceit/ scam other players... And theres no rule on scamming huh? I just have a

feeling you doing it too, correct me if im wrong though...

You're not very smart when you think of scamming.  It's plain as day in the auction house.  The amount of an item and the price.  You're just mad because you probably bought something overpriced thinking it was more.  It happens in every single game and it's YOUR responsibility to not be stupid.  No game will ever police this when it is happening over the auction house.

#60 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

You already get a pop-up window asking if you really want to buy something out. Adding more information to that window might help but the people making these mistakes would just quickly press enter to bypass it. Again due to greed because they don't want it to be bought out before they do.

Well lets say the game adds a 'confirmation to buy window' with a 5 second timer & during that timer that item becomes 'locked' so to speak. The item is either bought within the timer or unlocked for others to buy. The only way for the item not to be there would be if the seller cancels the item out of AH. There would be no reason to rush buy in AH.

#61 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

I don't think we should accommodate the lazy more than we already do.

I don't think more information and a simple timer is a big deal on "accomodating the lazy", I'd rather have that than forum posts with player complans about scammy behavior in AH.

Edited by Audn, 05 August 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#62 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

The only proof i could come up with is if GMs track accounts checking to see if legit red stacks and dummy scam ones correspond with the same account.

#63 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

There is no way the GM's are going to interfere with how you should price your item(s) on the auction house. Even if it mattered at all, they don't have time for that nonsense.

#64 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Bottom line GM's don't care! ABUSE THAT AUCTION HOUSE ITS LEGAL!

#65 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

stop crying because you are to dumb to look be for you buy its not the GMs falt you cant read/see

my people perish from lack of knowledge

#66 Bnyboy

Bnyboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

lol too stupid if you buy 1pc red for 30z haha .. why don't you look for the item before buying it ??  haha ( katangahan )

#67 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

lol too stupid if you buy 1pc red for 30z haha .. why don't you look for the item before buying it ??  haha ( katangahan )

loko ka pla eh! nakita mo ba starting post ko svi ko i've notice, nagmamagaling na nman... Basahin maigi ha absent kc ng absent eh! 

:rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#68 Polemos

Polemos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

loko ka pla eh! nakita mo ba starting post ko svi ko i've notice, nagmamagaling na nman... Basahin maigi ha absent kc ng absent eh! 

:rice:  :rice:  :rice:

This isn't the international forums, please speak English.

#69 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

These people lack remorse of scamming others which is presented in almost all criminals and big companies.

Edited by coded, 05 August 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#70 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Bottom line is don't blame others for your own stupidity - grow up and accept your own shortcomings and move the -_- on.

#71 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

Bottom line is people who try to cheat others out of money should be punished. Saying that nothing should be done because you should just be careful is idiotic to say the least. Even if their scam never worked it should still be grounds for punishment.

Compare it to the 'pretend to be GM' scam. That's like the first scam every MMO teaches you to avoid, and yet people still do it and obviously people must be falling for it since they won't stop. But regardless of whether or not it works or how simple and petty it is, the scammer will get banned every time when they're caught. There is no difference here. It's the same principle. As long as someone is doing something with the intention of tricking money/items out of other people it is a scam and deserves to be punished.

I'm not saying "think of the poor fools who have lost their money", I'm saying "remove these stains on the community please". You all honestly sound like you would defend zeny sellers by saying "just don't buy from them/just mute them".

Edited by Gerrr, 05 August 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#72 zephyrus

zephyrus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

lol  im a new player my character is barely  lv 8 and even i know  thats overpriced

i find hard to believe anyone  who reads the price would buy it

#73 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Bottom line is don't blame others for your own stupidity - grow up and accept your own shortcomings and move the -_- on.

I guess your one of that Scammer! correct me if im wrong, do you even read the starting post ive notice i dont fall to that novice scammer. its for other players protection and if GM are even notice these things... FYI

#74 zephyrus

zephyrus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

>_>  i find  people wanting to sell overpriced items ilegal  ridiculous 

#75 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

I guess your one of that Scammer! correct me if im wrong, do you even read the starting post ive notice i dont fall to that novice scammer. its for other players protection and if GM are even notice these things... FYI

Dude, If you keep accusing everyone that goes against your logic, this thread is likely to be locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users