[c] general discussion on the state of classic - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

[c] general discussion on the state of classic

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#26 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

wait, what? i thought nost and SB quit? or were all those guilds allied and fought your solo guild when they were still around?

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

The latter, they fought us solo when they were around and quit once we allied.

#28 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

that sucks.

one of the reasons why classic is "dying" is the mindset of the people playing on that server. :)

lose a few times, "lets go ally everyone else!"

lose even with more or less the same numbers, "you guys are cheating, we don't wanna play with you anymore"

see the other guild form their own alliance, "hey that's not fair, we'll just quit"

honestly people should find out what's wrong with their own strategies then try to improve from there, rather than looking for possible illegit -_- on videos posted by the guilds they're fighting against.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

That's really hard... I mean ok yes VH reported a fair few cheaters, but it's never been our excuse of losing. Some guildies might tell you that, but I only report the blatant ones because it ruins the game. There's a kick to be had out of beating cheaters. There's purpose and reason to fighting when outnumbered.

But that really is what I'm getting at, a lot of guilds seem to lack tenacity. I understand the hating cheating thing, I do. But there's more to the game than that. Allying thing... yes it's crappy, but there's the whole concept of just making more friends.

When guilds are refusing to use sight and getting caught out by the same thing repeatedly, that's neither anything to do with alliances or cheating. That's not learning. And it's terrible. So they quit. What happened to actually playing... you know, when things don't automatically stack in your favour? When you actually have to do stuff to win?

#30 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

never said that Valhalla used being cheated as an excuse.

it's simply what i noticed with most guilds when i was still active on Classic. some guilds i joined had members who complained a lot on vent, they always said "those guys use autopot, let's not fight them" when in fact there's no substantial proof of their accusations and we were losing because of crappy tactics their leader had. it's just majority of the people on Classic blame it on cheats and other stuff most of the time - they never blame themselves even if the real reason for their loss is their own incompetence. i'm not quite sure if it's still like this on classic... but with these forum posts and looking at today's castle status, it seems that the server is really going down. if i cared much for the server, i'd partly blame the management for not being vigilant enough getting rid of all the cheaters, and partly the players too because all they're good at is whining and complaining... "WHY WE LOSE?? U CHEAT WE QUIT QQ!!!!!!!!1111" why cant they stand up on their own?

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

If you want the truth, it's the cheaters that lost the most.

But I know what you mean, there was a huge number of people who complained about that stuff. I used to get PMs in game fairly often "XYZ person is cheating etc, can you report them the GMs listen to you" ... things like that.

Well clearly it's the fault of the guilds who were complaining half the time. Tactically.  Not much desire for self improvement.

#32 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Then SB threaten me with them quitting if we don't unally.

There wasn't any threats, just stating the fact of "SB is quitting" and I was nice enough to skim the surface of why. The rest of the reasons are in multiple walls of text, which I didn't write so I can't post. The real reasons have to do with the major shortcomings of the games management. 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 04 August 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

If it was that, you guys would have quit months ago, like the majority of my guild.

#34 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well sb lasted three weeks, good try

#35 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

This happens every time there is change in RO. People panic and stuff. Insur quit and people thought woe was going to die and be boring. Unity quit and stuff happened. Nost and SB quit and I'm sure WoE will be even more healthy now in the long run. Smaller guilds will grow and take place and the server will go on.

Its like the circle of  life, but the circle of the server. 

State of the server: open, active, fun, exciting, and thrilling.

Enjoy your server, you own it now!

#36 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Smaller guilds will grow and take place and the server will go on.

they have been small guilds for a long time, what made you think they'll suddenly grow? as you said, insur quit and unity quit before. did those small guilds become a threat to the rest of the server? i dont think so. now that sb and nost quit, do you think that would make much of a difference, aside from the fact that classic woe will be more dead than ever?

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

The problem with small guilds is they cant even come close to competing with the big, motivated and organised guilds. You've gotta be let them win at something or they just sort of assume they cant win because xyz and wont even show up. It's a fine line between giving them some competition and helping them grow and just rolling over them and proclaiming yourself king of the server.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

I like small guilds and I enjoy teaching, but if they never stop thinking like a small guild, they'll never stop being a small guild.

#39 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Not everyone wants to be a big guild.

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

No they don't... and I don't blame them.

#41 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

sinking-ship-300x206.jpg

#42 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Merging up isnt always the best solution either, 2ez is the only guild I can think of that has merged so far on this server and kept on going for any real length of time.

#43 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

The problem with small guilds is they cant even come close to competing with the big, motivated and organised guilds. You've gotta be let them win at something or they just sort of assume they cant win because xyz and wont even show up. It's a fine line between giving them some competition and helping them grow and just rolling over them and proclaiming yourself king of the server.

hmm what do you want the big guilds to do? send 2-3 people to kill some members of the small guilds, and then purposely get themselves killed just so the "weaker guys" could say that "HEY WE WON AGAINST ______!!" ?? that might make them feel like they're being mocked.

how about fighting the smaller guilds with just the same number of people? of course the more established guilds shouldn't have to step down their game and pretend to be stupid just to have a "good fight." if the small guilds lose because of lack of tactics and experience, they'd feel the same thing as they have felt before - they can't fight the big guilds (who actually just have the same number of people as them) so they'd resort to just fighting other small guilds and taking end forts during the last 10mins or so of woe.. but you know what's worse? when small guilds bwing right after they see a few members of the big guilds show up in their castle.. they don't even try to fight!! /facepalm

that being said, established guilds can't actually give the smaller, weaker guys a fair competition especially if the latter lack experience. they just give up easily and won't even try to improve. as i mentioned earlier, it all boils down to one thing - the mindset of the players. things would be way different if the smaller guilds tried to step up and do something to be able to compete, instead of saying "nope we can't fight them, let's just go to a safe castle and try to econ it" :)

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

This conversation reminds me of why the emp got buffed up.

"cause a sinx can kill it in 3 seconds and solo a guild"

... why are you letting a single sinx kill it?

"it's unfair nerf it"

Actually this is why I detest renewal.

Edited by Xellie, 04 August 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#45 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

As I said, there's a fine line. But you cant just tell people they should "step it up" and "start trying" not everyone has people in their guild that have been sieging for years. Sadly just showing up and trying isnt going to turn the game around for them and neither is walking into whole guilds with their 1 vit stun immune characters.

If nobody wants to do anything about it and just keep crushing the little guys, that's fine. But you wont ever have anyone to fight but yourself after a while.

#46 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

As I said, there's a fine line. But you cant just tell people they should "step it up" and "start trying" not everyone has people in their guild that have been sieging for years. Sadly just showing up and trying isnt going to turn the game around for them and neither is walking into whole guilds with their 1 vit stun immune characters.

If nobody wants to do anything about it and just keep crushing the little guys, that's fine. But you wont ever have anyone to fight but yourself after a while.

i guess the only solution for that is to have guilds who are on the same level as them, so they can practice without being demotivated so much. thing is, there isn't enough player diversity on the server. heck, there aren't enough players on the server!

#47 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

quit banning the competition ... the -_- that guilds are being banned for is stupid but GMs want to make  it appear they are being actively productive in the server so ... rip classic

#guildpackage

#48 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Merging up isnt always the best solution either, 2ez is the only guild I can think of that has merged so far on this server and kept on going for any real length of time.

Because people can't let go of their -_-ty ego and break their guild to make a new one, or join someone else's.

2ez and Valhalla will no longer be allied (2ez will probably have 25~ people on for WoE in the near future). I think smaller guilds will play a bigger role and grow.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 04 August 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#49 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Because people can't let go of their -_-ty ego and break their guild to make a new one, or join someone else's.

2ez and Valhalla will no longer be allied (2ez will probably have 25~ people on for WoE in the near future). I think smaller guilds will play a bigger role and grow.

I think it helped that numerous people in SNL+TTH already knew of each other and had temped woe back and forth numerous times so a lot less head butting happened, usually GL+GL tends to fight over like you said Ego but you guys pretty much had the same attitude.

The issue was basically, Sent, SB, Nost etc single guilds couldn't compete with 2ez, so they allied up. 2ez got shut down as did VH vs the alliance so they formed their own. [Which is the logical thing to do....] Nost gets suppliers banned for being stupid and botting things that people already got banned for. SB gave up for some silly ass reason, Jologs arent around and who knows with anything else.

Not really like it matters much, this server started as a joke and its looking like it's going to end as just that a joke. BRs came in gloating, weren't half bad and then started cheating while stacking even more people. Only to get banned on their suppliers and want to rage quit out which is sad.

imo WPS Tokens need to be put back into castle treasures to trade for WSS/Blue Herbs/EDP/Coats etc  so there is actually an incentive to not bot and get castles and be proactive in the woe scene.

#50 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

yeah, should definitely be able to trade in the slotted gears[1] and treasure boxes for WoE supplies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users