[c] general discussion on the state of classic - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

[c] general discussion on the state of classic

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#51 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Best thing to do is just turn WoE on its side and go pserver imo, small guild sizes (28), no alliances, give (GOOD) incentives for groups of 20+ people (GUILDS) to join the server.

Or idk, do nothing. Worked out so far amirite?

Edited by cybernetic, 04 August 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#52 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

I logged on renewal today! It was p funny.

#53 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

maybe they should just make a fresh new classic server and not screw up with everything? what i mean by this is they should keep their word about banning people who are supposed to be banned. lets face it, one of the reasons why new people dont stay for long is the -_-ed up ingame economy ruined by bots and abusers (reportedly duped god pieces, food exploit during the first few months of classic, etc.)

idk..just a thought..

#54 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

The issue small guilds have IMO is the inability to really grab classes they need. You have any idea how hard it is to recruit a scholar or champ nowdays? Don't even get me started on chems. Small guilds will next to never turn into " play this class or we don't need you in our guild" , and honestly finding new recruits is next to impossible ( you find lvl 4x's who play for a few days then quit )

#55 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

true. sometimes you can gauge if woe (or any guild/group related activity in general) on a certain server is healthy or not by the number of people looking for a guild and people recruiting new members. on classic we see everyone putting up chats and posting "GR>" on forums, but we rarely see new guys who are looking to join a guild.

#56 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

There's always the option of believing what we say and growing a pair and comping.

When did guilds become so spineless? I mean seriously, I'm not sure I get it. People quit cause guilds are cheating. People quit because guilds are allying. I played vs the whole server on classic for a while. I played vs the biggest cheaters on the server and look. Still here. Explain that.

Regards from,

The leader of the guild that refuses to cheat no matter what.

I don't understand this. I don't pay much too much attention to you guys so I don't know if you bot or autopot, but last WoE you kept tucking in and out of the portal attempting to portal recall on us. You also went emblemless/ changed emblems with other guilds when it was cool (before there were severe consequences to doing so). So I feel like it should be

The leader of the guild that cheats whenever convenient, whenever she feels like she won't be caught/ punished for it, whenever everybody else is doing it.

Sincerely, 

Someone who has legit never cheated during her time playing RO.

P.S. I doubt at this point anything that Gravity could do would bring in a number of new players/ returning players to balance the WoE scene or the server in general. We've all been burned expecting the Classic server to be, well, classic.

Edited by Dokey, 04 August 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#57 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

honestly i dont think changing emblems or even using a blank emblem should even be considered an offense. every guild has a right to use whatever they want, even if it's a variant of their enemy guild's emblem. people should learn to deal with it, really. i see that kinda stuff as a tactic instead of a cheat.

regarding portal recall, it's something that people have been doing for years on various servers and if you consider that cheating, then maybe you should consider portal cloak, portal hide, portal whatever, to be cheating as well :)

P.S. I doubt at this point anything that Gravity could do would bring in a number of new players/ returning players to balance the WoE scene or the server in general. We've all been burned expecting the Classic server to be, well, classic.

i agree. they did so well in making old and new players leave that even with their current efforts, there's no way to bring back the server's 2-3k+ population when it was launched.

Edited by 1756492860, 04 August 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#58 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

honestly i dont think changing emblems or even using a blank emblem should even be considered an offense.

regarding portal recall, it's something that people have been doing for years on various servers and if you consider that cheating, then maybe you should consider portal cloak, portal hide, portal whatever, to be cheating as well :)

I certainly do consider those things cheating. Not that they can't be countered. But just because everybody is doing it doesn't mean it's right. 

#59 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

I certainly do consider those things cheating. Not that they can't be countered. But just because everybody is doing it doesn't mean it's right. 

not everybody is doing the emblem thing, but i just think people should have the freedom to use whatever emblem they want and change it whenever they want. say for example, your guild and the enemy guild both have blue emblems for today's woe. sometimes some members get confused, so it would be nice if this rule>>"Emblem switching or using a blank emblem during WoE can result in broken guilds and suspended accounts." didn't exist so you could change your emblem to a more distinct one.

i understand that some people get offended pretty easily by things such as using a blank emblem and portal recalling, but those things are "legitly" doable in game and you can't really call doing those things an exploit or an abuse. just like pos bugging and manholing a recaller (renewal), among other things.

anyway as for classic woe itself, i really think the server's woe scene can't be saved. more and more people/guilds are quitting. no new guys are joining. let's just see who will be the last guild to remain to farm the server.

Edited by 1756492860, 04 August 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

I don't understand this. I don't pay much too much attention to you guys so I don't know if you bot or autopot, but last WoE you kept tucking in and out of the portal attempting to portal recall on us. You also went emblemless/ changed emblems with other guilds when it was cool (before there were severe consequences to doing so). So I feel like it should be

The leader of the guild that cheats whenever convenient, whenever she feels like she won't be caught/ punished for it, whenever everybody else is doing it.

Sincerely, 

Someone who has legit never cheated during her time playing RO.

That's a lie, I didn't try to portal recall last WoE.... Nor did I have reason to. But alright, I'll explain what I was doing because it's beyond the scope of your understanding right now.

I play a stalker. I can hide on the portal and judge what is going on. I watch the failings in your precast and judge the best time for my guild to rush. You people don't sight. Portal recalling is retarded, how many times will I have to say it before someone gets the hint. Why would I portal recall when my guild use foods?

Also as far as emblemless, the server I used to play on (old Chaos)... it was legal. It was used against us a million times, we reported it a million times, we were told it was ok. So my bad for assuming it was the same. Once the GMs clarified their stance on the situation, I stopped doing it.

Ok, now that I have taught you a little bit about how to play, may I thank you for demonstrating the problem with the Classic community?

Apparently someone who runs in and out of a portal to scope out a precast is trying to portal recall and even if they were, spell break clearly isn't a thing, because a guildleader who is trying to portal recall... SURELY.... would not have their guild stack with them so they can't be targeted.

Like I said. This is the problem 100%... people who don't really understand. Nor do they want to try. Blaming "cheating on everything" when the reason they lose is because they are too proud to press the sight button.

#61 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Best thing to do is just turn WoE on its side and go pserver imo, small guild sizes (28), no alliances, give (GOOD) incentives for groups of 20+ people (GUILDS) to join the server.

Or idk, do nothing. Worked out so far amirite?

It's not like there's many guilds going to be pulling over 28 players anymore.

What kind of incentives would you suggest? Where would these people come from? How would we reach them?

#62 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Where would these people come from? How would we reach them?

pservers, most likely. or gravity can try convincing everyone who left that there's a good reason for them to come and play on classic again. good luck with that though.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

It's going to be a hard fight explaining to people that the server isn't as messed up as it was at the beginning. I feel like people have reached the last straw with Gravity tbh.

We can go on pserver forums and challenge them to it, but convincing them it isn't hard to level/start up etc would be hard too.

#64 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

It's going to be a hard fight explaining to people that the server isn't as messed up as it was at the beginning.

This is definitely the thing I'm having the most issues with. I've been speaking to as many people as I can commenting on the server state etc to try stir up some interest now that the server is back on track.

It'd be really nice to reward players who have had characters on the server for 3+ months for returning to check out how not awful the server is (outside of general population issues and everything that stems from it).

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Valhalla as a whole has been talking to a lot of veterans lately some of which hadn't even started on classic. We got their interest, started levelling characters for them and they started playing. 2 weeks ago it was good, this week... they are talking about quitting.

So it's doable, so long as there is competition. I'm not even talking about a small number of people, this is actually in excess of 15 players. (which is a lot for a single guild to be adding to themselves)

If everyone could do what we did, classic would be in a much better place. There is a couple who have rq over sunnies (still one of the biggest things when it's required to compete), but for the most part, WoE aside last night... people's attitudes to the server as they've been starting have been fairly positive.

#66 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

It's going to be a hard fight explaining to people that the server isn't as messed up as it was at the beginning. I feel like people have reached the last straw with Gravity tbh.

We can go on pserver forums and challenge them to it, but convincing them it isn't hard to level/start up etc would be hard too.

yeah. i'm updated on what's happening on classic, but i still can't convince myself to not continue my character on renewal and just go back to classic. i'm sure it'll be harder to get the ones who left a long time ago to play again.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

how hard is it to TI to 150? :P

I'd like to see some kind of incentive for renewal players to play on classic.

#68 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Valhalla as a whole has been talking to a lot of veterans lately some of which hadn't even started on classic. We got their interest, started levelling characters for them and they started playing. 2 weeks ago it was good, this week... they are talking about quitting.

So it's doable, so long as there is competition. I'm not even talking about a small number of people, this is actually in excess of 15 players. (which is a lot for a single guild to be adding to themselves)

If everyone could do what we did, classic would be in a much better place. There is a couple who have rq over sunnies (still one of the biggest things when it's required to compete), but for the most part, WoE aside last night... people's attitudes to the server as they've been starting have been fairly positive.

it's not that hard to get people to start playing. what's hard is making them stay. i mean, how do you actually make them stay?? at some point they will tell you these things:

1. "there's no one else to play with"
  2. "i made this char for pvp and the pvp room has 0 people in it"
  3. "woe doesn't feel like woe"
  4. "bots"

to which i used to answer,

1. "more people will come, just give it time"
  2. "let's wait for a few more updates, maybe people would come to pvp"
  3. "hey the next woe might be more interesting, let's give it another shot next week?"
  4. "gms used to ban bots when the server started, so i think they still do so now. don't worry they'll get banned soon"

then people got tired of waiting. they wasted more or less 3 months waiting for the server to have more activity. then we all gave up.

how hard is it to TI to 150?  :P

I'd like to see some kind of incentive for renewal players to play on classic.

takes just a few days if you know what you're doing. if the gms do some event like get ___ item on renewal if you reach level xx on classic, maybe people would try it out? then again people might just buy leeches to get the reward and never play on classic again lol

Edited by 1756492860, 05 August 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

For VH at least... we're gonna have to recruit to defeat 2ez. It's something that has been our agenda since the start of the server!

perhaps other guilds could adopt a similar mindset.  It might not last very long, but it'll keep us going a couple weeks maybe.

#70 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

as a valk member getting them to keep sight up is a major problem i constantly yell about that on vent  but we have over 21 spare woe chars for ppl to play on we cant find players for them. i own atleast 7 spare ones even a champ with incubus sunnies. it took me 2 months to convince  someone to use my woe sniper which is why we have a trapper. advertising would help a guild package is a start to help newer guilds but ull need some guide lines to atleast prevent ppl to scam it and what would go in it. 

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

At least you acknowledge that and don't make up lies to cover your ass -.-

Last WoE we adopted a "go afk" or "relog to town" policy so the castle we were in would break and we'd have something to do.

As far as a guild package goes, how long should a starting out package cater for a guild or group? One month of rentals maybe? (inc: thors gear)

Edited by Xellie, 05 August 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#72 trahsc

trahsc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

sinking-ship-300x206.jpg

guys there's an iceberg watch in our area, we should probably keep an eye out

guys, there's an iceberg ahead of us

guys, there's an iceberg right in front of us we're gonna hit it

guys, that was an iceberg

replace the word iceberg with cheaters and you have iRO classic in a nutshell. rip

p.s. xellie you are pretty legit but since you ally and wheel and deal with the dirtiest whistles on the server you will never be super koko legit. rip koko and the legend of his broken hands from potting blues in singles by hand

#73 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

You hide in a CP. You use a skill in an area where skills are unable to be used. How is that not cheating? Just because it's easily countered doesn't make it any less of a cheat. Just because EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT does not make it any less of a cheat. If you reported others for going emblemless, obviously you think there's something wrong with it. Then you go and do it yourself. And then you denounce other people for a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality. Can't you see that you're being hypocritical?

#74 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

wtf i still manually pot blues legit

as far as guild package goes 

maybe go like

rentals

thors gear wouldn't be bad

union of tribe maybe?

something needs to be done about sloted mids tho as newer guilds wil not make key WOE  classes since there not tradable

though players unless you were lucky and stored it in ur cart.

plus most newer players dont want to drop $150 to $200+ on getting them when other places sell em for $10 in there cash shop.

#75 trahsc

trahsc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

wtf i still manually pot blues legit

you're doing it wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users