[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Page 3 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#51 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Honestly not really that big a deal. So what if 20b zeny came into the server. Zeny sites probably can generate that much in a few weeks, with probably no one to sell it too. Could just pretend some luckbox got a GTB, sold it for zeny and disappeared. Not like you can buy any god items or MVPs with zeny on classic. IMO OP is just a whistleblower who's trying to destroy classic. Obviously the GMs need to fix it, but doesn't mean OP should cause panic amongst Classic players by posting this.

What the -_-?

#52 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

I hear FF14 in Japan is looking pretty good

#53 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Saying you can also, recall the gears there is in there and the ton of zeny. I just can'T even tell how much can be made in no time.

#54 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Want to point out this still works.

You could potentially have mailed yourself 30,000 blue potions or slim condensed and then sold them. or 30,000 edps to vend.

Anything that was not tagged with "USRC" infront of it was/is mailable.

#55 Tovar

Tovar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Honestly not really that big a deal. So what if 20b zeny came into the server. Zeny sites probably can generate that much in a few weeks, with probably no one to sell it too. Could just pretend some luckbox got a GTB, sold it for zeny and disappeared. Not like you can buy any god items or MVPs with zeny on classic. IMO OP is just a whistleblower who's trying to destroy classic. Obviously the GMs need to fix it, but doesn't mean OP should cause panic amongst Classic players by posting this.

You have no Idea of how abused this bug was

#56 Johnzor

Johnzor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2151 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Obviously you didn't read this thread at all.

From what people have said so far and from the video, you can clearly make out than WAY more than that has been generated and brought into the server.

IMO you are one of the people who did this and now you just try to play it down to save your own ass.

And like I said, whatever is generated, even if it's 100 or 1000b, there's nothing to buy on classic. OP said he posted this so people can be careful with big zeny trades, well now nobody's going to trade for anything or buy WPE now. It's like someone screams that's there's a bomb on an airplane and causing a panic. I would rather not have known about the bomb on the plane, or about this and would've slept better at night. Honestly, if I was one of the people who did this, I would make a new account and post like OP did.

#57 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

And like I said, whatever is generated, even if it's 100 or 1000b, there's nothing to buy on classic. OP said he posted this so people can be careful with big zeny trades, well now nobody's going to trade for anything or buy WPE now. It's like someone screams that's there's a bomb on an airplane and causing a panic. I would rather not have known about the bomb on the plane, or about this and would've slept better at night. Honestly, if I was one of the people who did this, I would make a new account and post like OP did.

and get caught because of IP logs?  :heh:

#58 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Serious question, do you even play on Classic? People have been auctioning cards and god parts for zeny. Last GR I saw had a C/O of 7.5b. Maya Purple Card a starting bid of 4b. People buy and sell god parts for 200~500m+. :)

#59 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

points at you sarah

#60 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

am in the god part market trust me you can buy and sell parts i needed a dawn essence and wasent going to pay 1.5bil for it to make our asprika edit also points at Sarah

Edited by zerowon, 25 August 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#61 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wow. Only way to find out who does it is to check the guilds who had castle (since portal to castle is closed) unless they do the exploit during woe. How long was the arena opened?

#62 Johnzor

Johnzor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2151 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Serious question, do you even play on Classic? People have been auctioning cards and god parts for zeny. Last GR I saw had a C/O of 7.5b. Maya Purple Card a starting bid of 4b. People buy and sell god parts for 200~500m+. :)

I am Johnzor on Classic, you can look me up, I've got nothing to hide. Who are you?

#63 Durandal0504

Durandal0504

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

zeny seller detected 

#64 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Wow. Only way to find out who does it is to check the guilds who had castle (since portal to castle is closed) unless they do the exploit during woe. How long was the arena opened?

This exploit was available the moment USRC area was added to classic up until it got removed on Saturday after USRC.

#65 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

I wish it stayed that way but no.. Portal are alway open now at least woe 2 ones

Edited by HansLowell, 25 August 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#66 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

@Johnzor

I play with a couple of my friends and we are in a small guild. If you're accusing me about stuff then PM me about it I don't really like giving my ropd/IGNs here in the forum.

@ElenaGilbert

WoE2 castles are open 24/7. I mentioned in my first post that I tried the recall trick with a novice and a swordsman and it worked.

Edit: double posted

Edited by IAmMysteltainn, 25 August 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#67 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Points at dini

#68 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

A couple of weeks, it's a pretty big window.

RO keeps very detailed logs, so I have no doubt that the GMs will catch most of this however there's always a possibility of some making it through the cracks. A slightly more limited mail system makes it a bit easier to manage too.

I was worried about USRC going onto a live server, all in all they did mostly a good job but seem to have missed a couple of things. Not going to hold it against the GMs though, they've really been trying the last couple of months and want to make the server work. Admittedly it's a really -_-ty time for it to happen but these are the kind of things Heim was thinking about when he made his famous "it'll be the players not the GMs etc etc".

#69 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

/breakserver "Classic.Loki"

#70 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Admittedly it's a really -_-ty time for it to happen but these are the kind of things Heim was thinking about when he made his famous "it'll be the players not the GMs etc etc".

You know, this is not correct.

I agree with the statement that a Community can ruin the server if they act like pricks to everyone they meet, that's one thing.

HOWEVER, it's the Developers's job to make sure events aren't exploited, it's what they are paid for.

You don't put a piece of candy into a see-through plastic box, tempting people to take the candy and then tell them they are wrong for trying to get it.

#71 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Lol hi Oda, somebody finally tell you the house is on fire?

#72 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

I agree with the statement that a Community can ruin the server if they act like pricks to everyone they meet, that's one thing.

HOWEVER, it's the Developers's job to make sure events aren't exploited, it's what they are paid for.

You don't put a piece of candy into a see-through plastic box, tempting people to take the candy and then tell them they are wrong for trying to get it.

No matter what the more amount of people there is at a place the more chance there is to have something bad happening

You can't just say everyone shouldn't try to cheat. That doesn't work that way. Its just like telling someone who alway steal in market to stop stealing. While I agree on the statement I don't think people play a game to destroy it in general.

Edited by HansLowell, 25 August 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#73 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Unfortunately when you have a community of people who have been around for so long and have a very advanced knowledge of the way the game works, along with a willingness to do all sorts of things...This was exactly what he was referring to with that comment. You're right that it's up to the Devs to catch stuff, but they're never going to get it all, they just dont have enough control over the game and client itself. This isnt like a big MMO where they develop everything, they can only modify so much before they run out of options and some things are going to get overlooked.

#74 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

We are able to track the characters that were in the USRC arena, IP and item logs and will be checking the item logs tomorrow. The NPCs are off so there is no reason to remove the thread. Of course players would try to exploit it if possible, and we are able to track those items. You see now why we took the time to create untradable cards and gear...

#75 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Unfortunately when you have a community of people who have been around for so long and have a very advanced knowledge of the way the game works, along with a willingness to do all sorts of things...This was exactly what he was referring to with that comment. You're right that it's up to the Devs to catch stuff, but they're never going to get it all, they just dont have enough control over the game and client itself. This isnt like a big MMO where they develop everything, they can only modify so much before they run out of options and some things are going to get overlooked.

But that's the thing - You have a community with years worth of knowledge of this game and while not all of them are willing to help (for whatever reasons) others do, so why do dev's who obviously aren't as well informed put stuff into the game - WITHOUT PRIOR TESTING and then expect no -_- to hit the fan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users