What the.......... - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What the..........

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#76 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

It's abusive to move Pandora items to classes that can actually use them. Its abusive to transfer your own items to your own accounts/alts.

Pandora weapons were meant to be rare because they make the game a lot easier than it was intended to be. At the rate people are opening the boxes, Pandora weapons would be insanely cheap if they become tradable (ie. I usually end up with 10 or so blues of other classes before I finally get the one I want).

I do agree with allowing them to be transferable between the same account though. But the game doesn't allow you to do that, so if you do find a way then yes, it's a bug exploit and abusive.

You can propose suggestions to implement legit ways of transferring such items, but when it's not implemented and you're receiving unfair advantage over others, don't complain if you get punished for it.

Edited by Gluttannie, 10 September 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#77 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Pandora weapons would be insanely cheap if they become tradable

We obviously aren't playing the same game...

#78 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

some players have bought the vended items..

not sure how the GMs will deal with the players who bought the stuff...:\

#79 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

We obviously aren't playing the same game...

Why would they be expensive? People are always going to be farming Pandora Boxes for Phantom Stones and Rune Elixirs, so the weapons will be continuously flowing into the market. I do that, and I end up with more weapons than I can count for each stone or elixir I find.

#80 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

You do realize that many people have bought these "untradeable" items right?  I suspect most purchases are impulse "OMG I want that item! BUY" purchases.  Not the super overpriced ones of course, but the ones where they're decently priced.  Or some people may have a sudden "Oh! time to transfer stuff from a character I don't play anymore to my new character!"

Few probably stopped to think about the consequences that these actions would implicate, even though the item does say it's not tradeable.  I think it's unfair to punish everyone who partook in these transactions.  There's some who obviously exploited it, and some who just weren't thinking.  Sure, those who obviously exploited it by selling things for 5-digit sums repeatedly should be banned, but those who just impulse buy or used the bug to transfer equip to an alt shouldn't.  Especially since there was no notice whatsoever about the implications of these actions.  

Basically, It's not really fair to levy such a harsh punishment for something when there was no notice.  It's like saying speeding is illegal, but not finding out that you'll get put to death if you break the law.  =/

Just my .02

#81 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Basically, It's not really fair to levy such a harsh punishment for something when there was no notice.  It's like saying speeding is illegal, but not finding out that you'll get put to death if you break the law.  =/

Just my .02

But just like the law, ignorance in face of the law is not a valid excuse for breaking the law, and IRL, you will get killed in some places for breaking the law or you'd wish you were (ie, walking into Mecca with your shoes on), so your analogy is a total fail.

And rather than speeding, this is more like laundering, fraud, and illegal transactions so your scope is completely off as well.

#82 sfalpha

sfalpha

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

LOL You guys I think im abusing the bugs...

Yes i admitted, I tried, but i'm not the first one do this. I'm just one of the 90% of ther server know that bug on Monday. And I know that last hour before it get fixed.

So I just pointed out that. Instead of you banned the exploit players (which may too many at later time). Go immediate fix your game itself.

I'ts something like you left store unlocked at night, After whole town know they rush to store to steal your stuffs ?

And as far as i can tell, Their bug fixed on SEA server still have some bugs. And some people can find the way doing this still after it fixed.

So basicly, the things is if all people know how and spread out instruction to do so, And 90% of server already doing it. Would you just banned ALL ?.

They not even announce players don't do that bug after they know. They just let them doit until it get fixed.

#83 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

But just like the law, ignorance in face of the law is not a valid excuse for breaking the law, and IRL, you will get killed in some places for breaking the law or you'd wish you were (ie, walking into Mecca with your shoes on), so your analogy is a total fail.

And rather than speeding, this is more like laundering, fraud, and illegal transactions so your scope is completely off as well.

But there must be something to be ignorant about.  In the law, punishment is spelled out in the books.  Here, there was no punishment listed.  The punishment here was decided ex post facto.  That's why I think it's unfair to a lot of people.

In the US, we all know, or at least should know, that money laundering is a felony, and felonies come with lengthy/harsh punishments.  Here, some may know that they were breaking some sort of "law," and even if they didn't know, there was no real way for them to find out about the law (look it up in a book).  Thus, there's no way to be ignorant about something that doesn't exist.  Just because it "feels wrong" doesn't make it wrong.  There should've been a clear warning/announcement made in game, an immediate patch/maintenance, or something along those lines.  The only thing that would be fair now is to manually trace the largest abusers and ban them, and spare those why appear to have been innocent.

#84 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

i wonder how many people laundered Sealed/Unsealed Ultimate weapons.....

#85 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

But there must be something to be ignorant about.  In the law, punishment is spelled out in the books.  Here, there was no punishment listed.  The punishment here was decided ex post facto.  That's why I think it's unfair to a lot of people.

In the US, we all know, or at least should know, that money laundering is a felony, and felonies come with lengthy/harsh punishments.  Here, some may know that they were breaking some sort of "law," and even if they didn't know, there was no real way for them to find out about the law (look it up in a book).  Thus, there's no way to be ignorant about something that doesn't exist.  Just because it "feels wrong" doesn't make it wrong.  There should've been a clear warning/announcement made in game, an immediate patch/maintenance, or something along those lines.  The only thing that would be fair now is to manually trace the largest abusers and ban them, and spare those why appear to have been innocent.

Errr, just because it feels wrong? Hello?!?!?!? the item specifically says "BOUND" and in red Cannot be traded, and you do it anyway? Would you sell a gun with the serial number filed away off the back of your truck? Would you BUY a gun with the serial number filed away from a guy selling it off the back of his truck?-_- no! It's certainly NOT like you didn't know what you were doing, both parties involved are DAMN WELL FULLY AWARE THAT THEY ARE PARTICIPATING IN FRAUD. Anyone saying otherwise is clearly making excuses or are in denial. You knew full well a BOUND ITEM THAT CANNOT BE TRADED is set that way on purpose and if you somehow manage to work around that, it's obviously a exploit, and taking advantage of that exploit, regardless of the consequence therein, is in itself WRONG, it doesn't have to feel wrong, because IT. ALREADY. IS.

Just because you don't know what the maximum or minimum punishment for breaking a law is doesn't mean you have the prerogative to do so. An individual that only chooses to act right if the punishment for wrong doing is explicitly stated is scum. Don't make excuses for criminals that act unethically legally, if you had any kind of working moral compass, you wouldn't need explicit punishments to deter you from criminal activity.

About the announcement, I can't say whether publicly announcing the existence of a major gamebreaking exploit is a good idea or not, and given the exploit was found 2 days before a scheduled maintenance, I'd give them the opportunity to get a proper fix in rather than a hastily patched bug with loopholes still abound.

#86 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

But there must be something to be ignorant about.  In the law, punishment is spelled out in the books.  Here, there was no punishment listed.  The punishment here was decided ex post facto. That's why I think it's unfair to a lot of people.In the US, we all know, or at least should know, that money laundering is a felony, and felonies come with lengthy/harsh punishments.  Here, some may know that they were breaking some sort of "law," and even if they didn't know, there was no real way for them to find out about the law (look it up in a book).  Thus, there's no way to be ignorant about something that doesn't exist.  Just because it "feels wrong" doesn't make it wrong.  There should've been a clear warning/announcement made in game, an immediate patch/maintenance, or something along those lines.

WP user Agreement Clause 14 first paragraph. Already included as a whole even without any specification. Exploit = unacceptable conduct. period.

The only thing that would be fair now is to manually trace the largest abusers and ban them, and spare those why appear to have been innocent.

Maybe this should be taken into consideration as well even though it may take time, as some player maybe rich & desparate enough to brought it from exploiter coz they don't have patience to get it legitimate way. Just that accounts involved have to get suspended temporarily in order to do this. Not saying that i support... it's just my opinion.

#87 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Errr, just because it feels wrong? Hello?!?!?!? the item specifically says "BOUND" and in red Cannot be traded, and you do it anyway? Would you sell a gun with the serial number filed away off the back of your truck? Would you BUY a gun with the serial number filed away from a guy selling it off the back of his truck? -_- no! It's certainly NOT like you didn't know what you were doing, both parties involved are DAMN WELL FULLY AWARE THAT THEY ARE PARTICIPATING IN FRAUD. Anyone saying otherwise is clearly making excuses or are in denial. You knew full well a BOUND ITEM THAT CANNOT BE TRADED is set that way on purpose and if you somehow manage to work around that, it's obviously a exploit, and taking advantage of that exploit, regardless of the consequence therein, is in itself WRONG, it doesn't have to feel wrong, because IT. ALREADY. IS.

Just because you don't know what the maximum or minimum punishment for breaking a law is doesn't mean you have the prerogative to do so. An individual that only chooses to act right if the punishment for wrong doing is explicitly stated is scum. Don't make excuses for criminals that act unethically legally, if you had any kind of working moral compass, you wouldn't need explicit punishments to deter you from criminal activity.

About the announcement, I can't say whether publicly announcing the existence of a major gamebreaking exploit is a good idea or not, and given the exploit was found 2 days before a scheduled maintenance, I'd give them the opportunity to get a proper fix in rather than a hastily patched bug with loopholes still abound.

A gun, you KNOW it's wrong.  There's a law printed in a book that says it's wrong.  A glitch in the game that is rife w/ typos and bugs, you don't know it's necessarily wrong to do.  

Mispriced AoD Hell's gloves for 75 instead of 375? tons of ppl bought that already, no punishment

Cards cannot be removed after placed, glitch allowed it to be removed, tons of ppl removed, no punishment

Criminal activity is only criminal because a law makes it illegal.  Unethical is not illegal.  Trolling ppl is unethical, fooling ppl to pay 26z for one master pot is unethical, none of that is punishable.

I know that it's wrong to exploit this, BUT there are lots of exploits in this game that are taken advantage of.  Who doesn't bug the bosses?  

Someone who sees the shop and thinks WOAH, we can buy these now? *click*  <- do they need to be banned too? brain-fart ban?

I think announcing a ban on whoever exploits it would've stopped it. 

They really should just do a temp ban for all but the worst offenders...

In any case, I didn't find out about this til earlier today, but I did find out that many ppl in many guilds have toyed with this exploit, and being "awed" by the possibility, did things in haste.  No profit from selling like the OP's pic, but small transactions such as transferring items from characters they no longer played to an alt.  Most instance I've heard of were rather limited, and by banning, WP would destroy many guilds by decimating their membership numbers, and push away a lot of top players who not only contribute greatly to the overall community, but also spend lots of money on the game.  I'm sure many will have learned their lesson w/ just a temp ban so that they will think twice in the future.

But that's just my opinion.  To each their own.

Edited by 7517130609154355683, 10 September 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#88 3083130728143154097

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Locationhawaii

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

exploit, hack, bot,

banned.

Honor is a virtue

#89 Frostilina

Frostilina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

LOL You guys I think im abusing the bugs...

Yes i admitted, I tried, but i'm not the first one do this. I'm just one of the 90% of ther server know that bug on Monday. And I know that last hour before it get fixed.

So I just pointed out that. Instead of you banned the exploit players (which may too many at later time). Go immediate fix your game itself.

I'ts something like you left store unlocked at night, After whole town know they rush to store to steal your stuffs ?

And as far as i can tell, Their bug fixed on SEA server still have some bugs. And some people can find the way doing this still after it fixed.

So basicly, the things is if all people know how and spread out instruction to do so, And 90% of server already doing it. Would you just banned ALL ?.

They not even announce players don't do that bug after they know. They just let them doit until it get fixed.

Probably due to a lack of "education ". You do not seem to understand. Using bug/exploit is intentionally going against Fairness.

I don't know where you are living but at my place when my door is not unlocked, no one is coming to rob my house. i know all my neighborhood and we respect each other.

It's the same here. Buggers/Exploiters do not respect other players. I have no sympathy for your kind.

Yes i admitted, I tried, but i'm not the first one do this. I'm just one of the 90% of ther server know that bug on Monday.

90% ???!? I don't think so. Only exploiters are looking for this kind of information.

#90 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

How come "90% of the server" knows  how to reproduce this bug but none of my friends has any idea about it?

It is not about putting a bound item into the shop, and we all know this. There is some special trick/hack to do it.

So,  you need to deliberately use this trick, and you should know very well what you are doing and what the consequences should be.

#91 Zardini

Zardini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Is this bug still present??

I still doesnt know how to do this bugg @@

#92 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Is this bug still present??

I still doesnt know how to do this bugg @@

Do you want to be permabanned so much?

#93 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

lol..posting the exploit is against the rules but i can say even a noob can do this if they follow the simple instructions.

#94 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Exploit instruction were linked to earlier in this thread.  Not sure if it's still there, or whether it's fixed or not.  However, be aware that anyone doing it from now on will definitely be banned.  

Bugging bosses is an exploit, climbing trees in garden of baphomet is an exploit, there's tons of exploits out there.  Some are cosmetic only, some make things "unfair" by making bosses a lot easier than if you were to do it unbugged.

Ban everyone who exploited this one "selling untradeable items" bug, and RO2 will lose a large chunk of its veteran player base.  Simple as that.

Edited by 7517130609154355683, 11 September 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#95 sfalpha

sfalpha

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hmm... 

I did not say exploiting bugs is fair or not wrong

And even i know, i din't make good use if it, LOL.

So far, i just know how to do it. And what i experienced is 90% of active players that time know it (what about u talking this thing to whole raid, 9 know, 1 not)

But they should not start banning people without telling them, hey don't ever do it, or u may being banned

The GM should announce and state cleary that that attempt violates the game policy and u may being banned. Immediately after they know bugs.

Moreover game need to be fixed, so players who knows not taking advantage of it.

Edited by sfalpha, 11 September 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#96 Amaretto718

Amaretto718

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNEW YORK CITY
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Most likely there are a few people who bought into the temptation to buy the colo weapons and other things from the bug vendors, but you cant blame them..those stuff is hard to obtain as it is..Unlike me ...who don't have the time to spend every waking moment to be on RO2..would have fell into the temptation.

Remember in the End..We are still human and this is only a game,..its not that serious..bugs happen..

Take a game wayy too serious and the fun goes away..smh

Edited by Amaretto718, 12 September 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#97 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'm not sure how you think saying that you were lured into doing something wrong because of temptation somehow validates those actions. You're doing something that circumvents the rules for personal profit, and then say: "Oh no! The temptation was too great!" "We are only human!" "It's only a game!" is such bull-_- excuse, it's downright criminal to think that could somehow justify exploiting the system.

Only losers and scrubs justify their own wrongdoings with such garbage excuses.

#98 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm not sure how you think saying that you were lured into doing something wrong because of temptation somehow validates those actions. You're doing something that circumvents the rules for personal profit, and then say: "Oh no! The temptation was too great!" "We are only human!" "It's only a game!" is such bull-_- excuse, it's downright criminal to think that could somehow justify exploiting the system.

Only losers and scrubs justify their own wrongdoings with such garbage excuses.

Take a game wayy too serious and the fun goes away..smh

Just sayin'

Edited by Audn, 12 September 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#99 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Scrubs are still scrubs, just sayin, and if we lose a couple of scrubs, better for everyone else.

#100 roseddesor

roseddesor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

They probably should have been unbound in the first place. Feeling like you have to participate in Colo all the time (especially when you don't have time for it) can be very off putting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users