Classic: 2013 patch notes part VI: The Undiscovered Country - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VI: The Undiscovered Country

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm not quite sure why you're talking about econ farming as if you're blaming me or my guild for it.  Your guild is the one with the econned forts.  

"Demanding" 3:2 shouldn't be happening in the first place.  There isn't even a reason for it not to be 1:1.  It is how the game was intended.  

I'm not blaming anyone for it. The facts are that guilds have quit and OCAs are more freely available than intended. I do not intend to tread the ground of econned forts with you.

However. Keep in mind that what benefits you here will benefit me 3x more. I do not wish to have that large of an influx of 3:2 OCAs.... Whilst I think 3:2 is too much, I think that 3:1 is too little. 2:1 would probably be the Goldilocks number.

But things have changed since then and they would be unwise to not adjust numbers accordingly.

I like the idea of doubling the card drop of mvps.  Its prolly b.c I am one of the few people who hold down mvps on a regular basis.  The people who dont want the mvp cards added in are the players who don't/rarely kill mvps with cards that are game changing.  

Melkor what guild are you from?

Untrue. I camp MVPs when able and I currently have access to pretty much any mvp card I wish.

#52 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Generally I avoid hunting cards because you either have to be super lucky or invest some pretty huge amounts of time to get one. I'm all for increasing the drop rate on stuff as I'd be more interested in going out and doing stuff. However MVP cards is a bit much, we've already got VIP, HE Gum and a 1.5x base server rate. It's more than high enough already!

#53 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Higher mvp card rate is the dumbest idea ever, mvp cards already make the game worse. MVP/Mini boss cards should be perma .01, no increases.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 18 September 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

The card rate is something that is still being experimented with. We want to encourage people to hunt cards that need to be entering the market, and the boost to specific monster cards will be re-lowered in the course of the project. 

MVP cards are a game changer.

You do realize than MANY players on classic left renewal because it was flooded with that crap, right?

#55 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Server is back open

#56 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Xellie what part of my post is untrue? Aaron I don't know anyway to fix that besides getting a new clragexe... it gave me and many others trouble as well! Very stupid to not have fixed that yet.  Its definately will deter returning players to come back if they cant log in the server they desire.

#57 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

However. Keep in mind that what benefits you here will benefit me 3x more.

What benefits you or me is completely irrelevant to what should be happening.  I'm not pushing for OCAs to be implemented properly because I secretly have a thousand hidden in storage or because I want my guild to get 4-5 GRs and MayaPs or what have you.   I know very well that you probably have even more than that, and that many other guilds will likely become much stronger as a result as well.  I'm pushing for it so hard because it is the right thing to be done.  It is the way that the game was intended to be played.  There is no reason to be straying from that.  For some reason the administration has it in their heads that they need new creative ideas in places that absolutely do not need it, and come up empty handed in places that are in dire need of it.  This bothers me a great deal.  

#58 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

tried to log on a few days ago, both classic and renewal clients only gave me renewal server to log in?

I'd recommend a fresh install of the game to a location outside of the programs folder.

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Xellie what part of my post is untrue? Aaron I don't know anyway to fix that besides getting a new clragexe... it gave me and many others trouble as well! Very stupid to not have fixed that yet.  Its definately will deter returning players to come back if they cant log in the server they desire.

The people who dont want the mvp cards added in are the players who don't/rarely kill mvps with cards that are game changing. 

That part. I MVP more than people realize.

Having watched influxes of cards from double drop events in the past... I don't want to see another Ymir happen.

What benefits you or me is completely irrelevant to what should be happening.  I'm not pushing for OCAs to be implemented properly because I secretly have a thousand hidden in storage or because I want my guild to get 4-5 GRs and MayaPs or what have you.   I know very well that you probably have even more than that, and that many other guilds will likely become much stronger as a result as well.  I'm pushing for it so hard because it is the right thing to be done.  It is the way that the game was intended to be played.  There is no reason to be straying from that.  For some reason the administration has it in their heads that they need new creative ideas in places that absolutely do not need it, and come up empty handed in places that are in dire need of it.  This bothers me a great deal.  

Then you might realize that hoarding thousands of OCAs should have never happened in the first place! Exchanging OCAs for ACAs at 3:1 or 3:2 or at ANY ratio isn't part of the damn game. That's how transparent your arguement is.

I have a vested interest in this because I have 2k OCAs sitting in storage and don't you dare act holier than thou saying your situation isn't the same. I know for a fact that is actually is, along with most every other guild on the server.

Well actually I hated this when I first heard about it, but then I realized making the castles more valuable again might give more reason to take them.

On a side note: my guild has exactly 1 GR. If we get more we're gonna be so strong! I have every reason to cry about wanting a better exchange rate, but I'm not going to because I stepped back and tried to look at the bigger picture. I'd advise you do the same.

Edited by Xellie, 18 September 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#60 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

The reason why people are upset about 3:1 instead of 3:2 is because they went and bought a ton of them with their personal money hoping to get a Maya P/GR/Deviling card after it was announced that it was going to be a 3:2 exchange.

Please do not double the card rates; that would just kill the game even more than it has already been killed.  I'm sure you've noticed only 200-300 players now play on a once healthy ~1000 player server.

#61 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

I'd recommend a fresh install of the game to a location outside of the programs folder.

Where do I even download classic?

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 18 September 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

We are working on putting together a new exe, but it would be re-downloading the RO client from http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx or irowiki. The installer includes both servers. 

When you start the classic and renewal client, were the patchers updated? Could you take a screenshot of what your classic patcher looks like?

#63 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Doubling drop rate of cards is cool, but it should not affect MvP cards. They are major game changers that should stay rare. I'd even go as far as to say that drop events should not affect mvp card drop rates (if that is even possible to do?).

Edited by Hrishi, 18 September 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#64 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Both fully updated, classic patcher looks the same as it used to, renewal looks different - wider.

#65 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Strange...the classic patcher should have a new image. 

Should look like this (with different banner ads) 

newClassicPatcher.png

#66 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Starting point / info on the quest

#67 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Doubling the card drop rates for the mvp cards would break classic, don't do it. Why not remove sp items / brewing / edp materials from bot friendly monsters and add the sp items / brewing materials to npcs instead = zeny sink. If sp items are purchasable from an npc, players would be much more inclined to spend time hunting for ridiculously rare stuff, rather than having to pay 6000z per strawberry to bots, or spending 125 kp for kafra blues.

#68 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Strange...the classic patcher should have a new image. 

Should look like this (with different banner ads) 

newClassicPatcher.png

yea that's what it looks like

#69 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

I just want to verify that monsters that drop OCAs originally are now dropping ACAs? Can anyone confirm?

#70 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Oda said yesterday that it was likely that some of the lower end monsters (-_- like jokers I guess) were gonna drop OCAs still but MVPs would be dropping ACAs.

It would be nice to get some confirmation for exactly what was dropping them though. Also do quests that rewarded OCAs now reward ACAs (kiel, seal etc)?

#71 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Campitor, Oda, check your PMs immediately.

#72 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

So where is the oca exchanger?
Nevermind... found her... prontera (125,95)

Edited by Razo, 18 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#73 XieRuAn

XieRuAn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

lsh.jpg

ty ragial :heh:

No, I said orbs. That can only be done to vendable items.

#74 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Edit: Thanks for clarifying all that.

But I'd also like to ask, was guild treasure supposed to contain ACAs too? Your patch note from last week (before you delayed it) says this includes monsters and treasure and so far no ACAs from todays treasure.

Edited by Themes, 18 September 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#75 jokinvipo

jokinvipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

The topic dont will go update for day 18th September?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users