Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#51 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

My shadow assault is broken more than half the time, me hearty.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I feel bad for them in that regard.

#52 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

and lightning walk D:, i feel like a pinball jumping everywhere and killing nothing XD

#53 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

The short cast time of Healing Wave means you don't have to stand still for more than 0.5s (less with haste) while healing. Run, heal, run, heal...it's not as bad as you think. Healing has little value? I've seen (and still see) Sorcs out healing 3 or 4 non-Sorc classes just by standing in LoR and spamming HW with Earth Emblem - that's right, Deluge isn't even used here. The only time you have problems is when there are other Sorcs hitting you, or if you get chain stunned but this can happen to any other class as well.

I don't agree with banning Sorcs from Colo just because they have it easier than most other classes. But I do laugh at the thought that Sorcs are complaining that they don't or can't heal properly.

#54 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Standing there healing all the time it's a waste of time because you end up dying sooner or later, but in the meantime you couldn't kill anything. Not worth it. I only do that when my round is secured and I want my opponent to waste some time xd

#55 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

It would be wrong to disable a class but I know how it feel being a knight myself. That's why I don't play colo.

#56 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

There is only one method for healing properly: don't. Slide around using healing wave? If you're on LoR you won't go far. If you're not on LoR you can't even expect to use HW to win a round by timeout without a ton of luck.

#57 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Btw do you people really take seriously the name of this thread? :P

#58 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

There is only one method for healing properly: don't. Slide around using healing wave? If you're on LoR you won't go far. If you're not on LoR you can't even expect to use HW to win a round by timeout without a ton of luck.

Believe it or not, I've managed to escape tons of times just by running and sliding with HW. The "trick" is to know when to die, when to run & heal, and when to stop and heal. Don't wait til you're at 10% of your HP because by then everyone will be on you. Not healing as a Sorc is a waste of a perfectly viable skill tree. So what if you lose precious killing time? Surviving is just as important, sometimes even more so. So unless you are going to be eliminated without that one more kill, it's always a good idea to mind your own HP instead of going on full offensive.

Oh, did you guys also know that Frost Driver can be used defensively as well? I know, big surprise there.

Anyways, we're getting off topic here. I'm gonna say no to banning Sorcs, but I certainly hope they buff and fix the classes that need to be fixed.

#59 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

if only every reply here was 1 dollar to me.....

#60 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Uhhh... You do know that they have Cold Bolt and freeze spells and stun to keep melee at bay, right? They could keep repeating that process over and over all day, if not, then they're just baddies as you mentioned. You say as if they could just normally resist their snares and slows. Unless you're referring to assassins of course, then yes, they shouldn't have a problem with a Sorcerer.

You sound as you've never played a melee class before,or you're just not good at playing one.On any of my melees,(Warrior,Rogue,Sin,Knight included),I can outmaneuver around any Sorcerer,Ranger or Wizard in Colo,get behind them,knock them down from full health to half,and most likely finish them off before someone starts attacking with me.So simple to walk behind a Sorcerer,especially if they haven't frozen you yet,and make them stop attacking to try to target you,or wait to till other people target them,while you're steadily doting and hitting them. That's usually the case 95% of the time for me.I don't know if the Sorcerers I face are just bad on my melees or I play a different way then everyone,but every time I make it to the final round of Colo,I rarely see a Sorcerer there.Mainly a Priest,two other melees like Sin/Rogue for instance,a ranger,and a bear of something. That's mostly what I see in my final rounds but don't know about you though.

Beautiful trolling. If not, you are ignorant of how most classes are played in a scenario against a Sorcerer. Only bad Sorcerers will die to melees in 1vs1 scenarios, unless you're a Sin.That or you're lucky. Being lucky doesn't mean skill.

I'm not ignorant,when most of the classes I play on are melee.I currently play more melee in Colo now,then I have ever did playing ranged or even Sorcerer. Hell,my Sorcerer has enough BP for full Colo gear as it is,but I barely bring him into Colo anymore.IMO,most of the players on the server are bad against Sorcerers,otherwise there wouldn't keep being threads like this.I personally never faced Sorcerer problems in Colo .If I die on a melee,its due to being doted from every skill known to men and getting ganged up on by multiple players.

ranger can be killed if focused, priest too but takes more time, but a sorc, it tanks and deals massive damage, and their overwhelming CC is overwhelming, i hate when i get slowed and frozen twice+ their embus pet.

you just went full retard, never go full retard

Lawl,look at the title of your thread man.Enough said.

You just went full retard. You never go full retard. Tell me how my monk is going to dispose of a sorcerer who knows what they're doing even though I know dang well what to do on my monk to make it to round 5.

There's a thing called player skill,but of course that varies from person to person.

#61 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

I love how Assassins aren't a part of the code, but I guess that's deserved when they have Shadow Assault and faster movement speed.  xD  

I want to be part of the Code!! :sob:

I pretty much follow the code as Rogue (I guess from playing Knight too much), but when you're a Rogue out of Hide it's more like everyone's trying to kill you, whether range or tank, heh.

And yeah Assassins are 100% deviant and will come kill you while you're fighting a Sorc/Ranger, then just run off-

Rogue's KS our Assassin kills, and then smoke bomb, that's f***ing dirty, NO code for Rogues!! :heh:

There have been some Sorcerer's that I've 1v1'd and killed easily, and there are some Sorcerers that were impossible to 1v1 using every resource under the sun aside from a stun pet. I think the balance problem with Sorcerers is not their offensive capabilities, but their defenses are way too high. Colo armors, when stacked give the Sorc very good damage mitigation when paired with Earth Shield. They can heal themselves, making them an even bigger pain to deal with. I'm supposed to be fighting a cloth wearing squishy, but it doesn't feel that way sometimes. It feels like I'm hammering on a plate wearing, self healing, tanky monster that shoots 7k damage lazerbeams out it's eye sockets. 

Are you Bronx enough!?!

Dirty sins doing what they do best, playing dirty :p_sad:

:gg: :gg: :gg: :gg: :gg: :gg:

Diasable Priests and Sins in colo. They can kill sorc easily!!

Disable every class off Colo, i'm mad now. !! LOL

You just went full retard. You never go full retard. Tell me how my monk is going to dispose of a sorcerer who knows what they're doing even though I know dang well what to do on my monk to make it to round 5.

This world is full of re****, just join the party!. :3

My shadow assault is broken more than half the time, me hearty.

And we're not complaining...

@Topic:

When i read about "Disable" i was like yeah... keep dreaming. Just carry on. Melee Code FTW i liked that!.

#62 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

lmao my shadow assault is broken, same with lightning walk, it's a miracle they fixed battle leap because it was broken a long long time XD.

#63 Pitwo

Pitwo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Bad colo round?

You play sorc? :)

#64 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

On any of my melees,(Warrior,Rogue,Sin,Knight included),I can outmaneuver around any Sorcerer,Ranger or Wizard in Colo,get behind them,knock them down from full health to half,and most likely finish them off before someone starts attacking with me.So simple to walk behind a Sorcerer,especially if they haven't frozen you yet,and make them stop attacking to try to target you,or wait to till other people target them,while you're steadily doting and hitting them. That's usually the case 95% of the time for me.I don't know if the Sorcerers I face are just bad on my melees or I play a different way then everyone,but every time I make it to the final round of Colo,I rarely see a Sorcerer there.Mainly a Priest,two other melees like Sin/Rogue for instance,a ranger,and a bear of something. That's mostly what I see in my final rounds but don't know about you though.

Warriors only have one maneuver skill and that's Battle Leap, after that they stun with pommel attack, then after that they're done, freeze + slow, kited. Unless of course that warrior was lucky enough to gain a critical Rage Strike before they get annihilated. Then they've got a good chance of winning. They could easily outmaneuver them by using wind elixirs or guardian, but without them they're just...

Rogues... really? They have 1 skill that helps heal themselves, woopie~!! As much as I have seen skilled Rogues out there, the fact only stays the same. They can still be kited. Unless otherwise they use smokebomb and reach their target before a DoT or a pet hits them. Oh, and I believe skills that are still traveling towards them while they're stealth still can hit them. They also need wind elixirs or Guardian to outmaneuver them.

Assassin, basic mage counter. I still see a lot of cowardice assassins run away from a Sorc or Wiz with that defensive buff, hoping someone else will pick that Sorc or Wizard off them while they pot up. 

Other than that, assassins should not run away against mages(Sorc, or Wizard) during a fight, since it's pretty obvious they can sweep them without the use of pets. 

Knight... I admit, this is possibly the only tanky class I could think of that can outmaneuver us mages. Since they have a slow skill and can stun us for 6 seconds with a decent cool down for both skills. It's still hard for them to kill us as well.

But seriously, are you implying that each of these class(excluding assassin) have natural movement speed that just magically appears and you just waddle behind a sorc, wizard, or ranger Solid Snake style from 20 meters away? Wait... outmaneuver a Ranger? Wut? 

Edited by Yukyrie, 19 September 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#65 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Eeeeh?

«Shadow Assault» brokeeeeen??

How so? Warping you to the target's side and not doing the animation hence not dealing any damange and knocking down your target and on top the skill goes on cooldown even tho it doesn't show the timer O___o?!

Did you know that for the next 15 seconds you can spam it to hug your target non-stop and cause no delay for your other skills so you can «Double Attack», «Deadly Blow», «Shadow Strike», «Shadow Explosion» your target without having to chase it around o___O?!!!

Pretty much «Lightining Walk» should be the same atm o___o;;; (gotta test it out)

#66 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Vau, basic mage counter. I still see a lot of cowardice Vau run away from a Sorc or Wiz with that defensive buff, hoping someone else will pick that Sorc or Wizard off them while they pot up. 

Other than that, Vau should not run away against mages(Sorc, or Wizard) during a fight, since it's pretty obvious they can sweep them without the use of pets. 

But seriously, are you implying that each of these class(excluding Vau) have natural movement speed that just magically appears and you just waddle behind a sorc, wizard, or ranger Solid Snake style from 20 meters away? Wait... outmaneuver a Ranger? Wut? 

If i'm 1º (about to win) and a bunch of mages want to kill me, what should i do? RUN!! xDDD I feel the hate in this post. :heh:

Between, the most coward class among all the classes, is the Wizard with his Ice wall and teleport skills.

@Topic: Disable Wizards!.

:heh:

#67 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

a wizard is like 10 times more killable than a sorc XD.

#68 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

If i'm 1º (about to win) and a bunch of mages want to kill me, what should i do? RUN!! xDDD I feel the hate in this post. :heh:

Between, the most coward class among all the classes, is the Wizard with his Ice wall and teleport skills.

@Topic: Disable Wizards!.

:heh:

1. We can't move when we use Ice Wall and a good wizard should only use it at the appropriate time. Lvl 1 380 seconds, lvl 5 180, seconds, compared to other class defensive buffs which are 120 seconds or less.

2. Teleport is and should only be used to re-position the wizard not really effective to use to run away most of the time, unless that wizard has Levitation, then they could run far I guess.

This ^

Edited by Yukyrie, 19 September 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#69 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

This days, everybody is complaining about everything on Colo. Pets/Wind elixirs/VIP/Pump it up hards/Spinel pots/Guild skills/Classes. Just Disable everything, so everybody will be happy. LOL

1. We can't move when we use Ice Wall and a good wizard should only use it at the appropriate time. Lvl 1 380 seconds, lvl 5 180, seconds, compared to other class defensive buffs which are 120 seconds or less.

2. Teleport is and should only be used to re-position the wizard not really effective to use to run away most of the time, unless that wizard has Levitation, then they could run far I guess.

This ^

1º Still, you have 12 coward seconds to laugh at the others cause they can't attack you lol..

2º Yeah i remember very well you teleporting inside a room to "somewhere" i couldn't reach, and i was like : Wut? .... Next target.

#70 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

1º Still, you have 12 coward seconds to laugh at the others cause they can't attack you lol..

2º Yeah i remember very well you teleporting inside a room to "somewhere" i couldn't reach, and i was like : Wut? .... Next target.

Looks like you're aiming this towards me once again. Stay on topic instead of bashing specifics.

1. It's 10 seconds and you stay completely still while you use it, so it's not cowardice. It's using skill and being tactical with it.

2. Blame the developers, not me, I have no control of teleporting underneath the colo arena.

#71 yuaki123

yuaki123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

If you guys want to disable sorc in colo? Then how would they gonna get their equip? 

#72 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Sorc are so op they don't need equip  :p_laugh:

#73 Mounie

Mounie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Let me wonder one thing ..

If Being a Sorcerer is soooo overpowered why is there so many ranger in the game? Being killed once by sorc can happend I agree but sorc doesn't other advantage. As a sorc in colo I can tell you that most Assassin really know how to deal with sorc XD, same with tanks. It is to people to use the advantage of their own class to make a better colo than sorcerer. Only Monk and tank build knight really can have difficulties in colo if not killing mobs.

What is unfair is full geared people face "fresh meat" in colo.

To give an easy exemple all SM/Cres are first target in colo just because people know they don't have colo gears.

What is unfair is the number of people still finding a way to abuse on colo making a jump in a wall (happend to me again to see people who disappear in a wall since the 2 last maintenance)

Also Hunter found a way to re-hide just after they died so they can't be killed or poison people just before last round so you start round 6 with a poison still activated on you and ranger get a free kill beginning the round and so many other possible bugs I just didn't even noticed...

Even if you consider pets (Embus especially),  people knowing how to play their class know/learn how to manage this (pets are slow so if you move they won't cast) especially rogue and assassin + ranger can then avoid to be frost

I agree with the fact that a Sorcerer can oneshot with the combo frost+wind emblem+wind skill making 8k or more IF they are well geared with AGI stat/runes because oneshot can only happend if sorc crit and already have some colo gears + all possible foods+VIP.

Let me also ( as en example) speak about ranger that are making me (I really don't know how) with Poison arrow a 800/900 pure damage/hit  just by using a DoT and then send me 2 falcon .. I don't see you saying it is unfair right? And sorc doesn't have DoT so they require a way to sometime give strong damage (already discussed in tons of thread btw).

What I consider unfair is more the way colo works --> it is just about KS (and a 900 damage/instant cast DoT give a really fair advantage as you can hit AND run) - Support class can only win "by chance" if they find enough low HP people and kill mobs. We all know that  even we also know there is no ideal solution for this.In plus, Colo gear give a really unfair advantage to people well geared comparing to fresh meat coming in colo ungeared with colo stuff ...

Speaking about something else : that stats and runes make people available to dodge/nullifie damage given whatever class you use which is the only solution against oneshot i guess.

maybe a solution could be to give a certain "weight" to each of the colo gears and add them (+ another "weight" depending on classes) and group people in a close "weight" range and also nullifie VIP bonus and cancel all non class related buffs including potions and foods except for crafted pots

Edited by Mounie, 19 September 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#74 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

No, as a Ranger and a Rogue I don't have problems with sorcs to such a degree that I'd want to see them banned. That's silly.

#75 suz8

suz8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Locationparadise, hawaii

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

i love how people talk like sorcs are such great tanks in colo. maybe you can't 1v1 a sorc if they're targeting you (which btw tanks, we usually dont unless youre alrdy near death), but you can certainly kill them because there are always people targeting sorcs. you don't see many classes 1v1ing a priest do you? why argue that sorcs are great tanks because you cant 1v1 them when theyre in heal mode then? i personally think i'm doing the colo group a favor when i try to down the priests before last round, at least a sorc is squishy enough to kill, where as a priest could ks+tank like a beast :P

kills a lot dies a lot

to my fellow sorcs: how many times have you lost colo even though you had 2 or more kills than the winner? staying alive aint easy last round, especially when you're a squishy sorc. gotta do that dmg and run yo skinny ass. it takes skills regardless of class, so don't go crying to mommy just cause there's a class that can deal burst damage.

oh, and i should mention i'm a sorc. so what? sue me. My dmg is awesome, but I do die a lot in colo. I worked for my colo gears so that I could die a little less than when I had rhd gears. you think that's unfair? bite me!

edit: oh and, how often do you see a tank with full raid buffs in 3rd/4th/5th round? how often do you see a sorc in 2nd round with full raid buffs? ;) my point exactly.

Edited by suz8, 20 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users