Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Removing pets in colo is fine but removing/nerfing the pets in raids are not.

I agree to nerf CC pets in raid dungeon bosses if they can complete the following raid in the given setup:

-Complete COA H without VIP, Kafra shop consumables(i.e spinel, pills, graham potions, etc.), and no gears above COA N including colo gears.

-Complete AOD N without VIP, Kafra shop consumables(i.e spinel, pills, graham potions, etc.), and no gears above COA H excluding colo gears.

-Complete AOD H without VIP, Kafra shop consumables(i.e spinel, pills, graham potions, etc.), and no gears above AOD N excluding colo gears.

Your not allowed to use the following pets for completing these challenges: Baphomet Jr., Imverse of Ruins, Executer Undead, Eremes and Giant Driller.

if they can succeed this raid with the set mentioned above then i'll agree to the nerf of CC pets, otherwise, stay the CC pets as it is currently now.

People want everything easy these days.. Just because it can't be pugged it doesn't mean it is not doable.

It requres much more skill than it does gear or buffs.

#52 Denvalas

Denvalas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationThere
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

so just out of curiousity, if pets get nerfed and simply CC doesn't work on bosses or removed from colo etc

how would you compensate the people who paid real money to buy these DNA boxes because they thought pets would stay the way they are?

are you going to refund people or say "we made new updates to pets, sorry" lol

you already milked people for money already and that's being brutally honest

i want to continue to play RO2, but at this state - the decision is terribly fucking poor - step up your game

No one is taking away the pets they "earn" from said boxes so they are losing nothing, so instead of abuse the OP status of the pet CC they have to clear Dungeons and fight colo as it was intended, and come on they get AoD tier bosses DNA with no effort.

Edited by Denvalas, 27 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#53 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

make bosses immune to CC (but still they can be affected by debuffs or dots)

ban pets from Colo and WoE

job done

no need to increase cooldown or completely remove pet skills imho just get rid of pets from raids and any form of PvP

#54 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

remember when we discussed about making suggestions about how to balance colo.....nothing happened. expect the same results here!

#55 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

2 - say there's a lower CC chance ---> get more people to stun/CC (2-3 at a time?)
3 - say there's more cooldown --> get more people with stun pets
4 - say I cast a stun pet, and I get stunned myself completely, what about my other 9 raid members?

Remember, you only need 2 people with the current system to completely bug a boss. Do NOT make changes so that the only difference is that instead of 2 people with pet stuns, you need 7-8. It's the same all over again. I'd recommend getting it right the first time and adding complete immunities. Several months down the road, everyone will have 60-80%++ completion, and it'll become common all over again.

Regardless whether the immunities are temporary or permanent, the important part is that the bosses must be immune to stun/CC for a reasonable amount of time (and reasonable intervals). You can choose complete immunity or choose a temporary ~10s immunity, both are fine but the immunity needs to be there. Not misses, not cooldowns, those are all solvable by just getting more people with these pets.

Technically, if you wanted an analytical compromise, a method which applies both of your concerns/ideas together would be that, when you apply a status to an enemy, and it "misses", the boss instead has buff that lasts for the duration of the original source which prevents that status, or such. A stun fails, the boss ends up with a 30s stun immunity. Then you just need to figure out the fail rate. If you make the success rate as low as 5%, the pets become nigh on useless. This means that you can scale value based on the success rate. This would even let you govern success rates based on the boss rank of the target (even giving players their own boss rank in Colo). This system could even only apply to pets, so a stun immunity effect would block Eremes, but not Varytr Spear, though that might be making it too complicated.

However, I worry about how lazy Gravity is vs how greedy Players can be... that makes this really hard to balance out.

#56 Dijkstra99x

Dijkstra99x

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

i am a tank and i am being replaced with op 30 sec cd imverse. PLS nerf pets into oblivion, ty

^ lol i agree with this. Raid Standards = 30sec cd and CCpets. :v

Edited by Dijkstra99x, 27 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#57 VinylTailed

VinylTailed

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

my idea to help solve this is: If a target get hit with a debuff that stops actions/movements (Stun/Freeze/Knockdown etc), they enter a 30s-1minute (maybe more or less) immunity WHICH CAN'T BE REMOVED. Example...Boss gets hit with Stun > Boss gets stun Immunity > can't be stunned for the time duration

Colo example: Someone Freezes me with Embus > Freezes wears off while i'm being mobbed > i die but retain the immunity

or for colo you could just probably set a global pet cooldown to 120 and set all pets 2 lv1 .-. since something similar is done to Stats etc~

#58 VriskaTsubaki

VriskaTsubaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNifflheim
  • Server:Odin (?)

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

In my opinion... Pets should be completely banned in Colo.

and you can let them be (with some kind of restriction in raid (Immunity or something else).

#59 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Could implement Strong Will on Embus freeze/Eremes stuns, so you have diminishing returns

#60 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Could implement Strong Will on Embus freeze/Eremes stuns, so you have diminishing returns

This. I've been advocating this for weeks, but on further reflection I'm not so sure it would effectively solve the problem since pets use their stun skills multiple times while they're out. And with raids often having several members with stun pets potentially in the 20-30s cooldown range, all strong will would do is include more raid members in the stun rotation to get full coverage. Unless strong will also rendered the bearer immune to additional CCs for the duration of the buff you can be sure people would go the little extra out of their way to abuse it.

#61 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

afdkw2.jpg

28coimt.jpg

:ok:

Edited by foxfight, 27 September 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#62 4095130522120719280

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

afdkw2.jpg

28coimt.jpg

:ok:

armor, cards and DNA free, just need the pets

#63 JunELee

JunELee

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Add a diminishing return on the duration of stun. Ex 3s>1.5s>0 (immunity) that's how a lot of dev combant chain stuns. Even a cc immunity after receiving a cc works too.

Edited by JunELee, 27 September 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#64 stegosaurus

stegosaurus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channel 8

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I honestly don't really have much to say about PVP, since I plan on avoiding it for the rest of my RO2 life, most likely. So I'll just skip right ahead.

When it comes to raids, there should definitely be some kind of stun-lock resistance for bosses.

I can see how there would be a benefit to being able to stun a boss momentarily (giving a healer time to heal some people up, etc.) but being able to stun it into oblivion without getting touched... There's no fun or challenge in that anymore. I haven't attempted raiding yet, but I'd hate to try only to be told I couldn't participate because I didn't have a specific pet and a low CD time. If it would be possible to keep the ability to stun without it being completely abused, I'm all for it (like I said, I can see the usefulness) but if all that would happen is it changes from 2 or 3 people with stun pets to 10...might as well just make it a total immunity to stuns and get it over with.

The regular pets (those with slight buffs/debuffs/DoTs/heals/etc.) still manage to be useful without totally rendering a bunch of content/classes useless, so I think they're fine as-is.

Spoiler

Edited by stegosaurus, 27 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#65 TheOneNOnly

TheOneNOnly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

So if you somehow manage to disable pets from affecting raid bosses, are you gonna sweep the gear and stuff players already got? I mean obviously this "wasn't" intended right? it's like the bounded items issue? an exploit?

How unfair will be for those saving/farming said pets because all you see in party chat is "LFM with EMBUS 25" hell you can't see people asking for party for bapho//PVE Hard as before. Most of the apmming is about having Embus/Remort...

This was a flawed feature that was known by most of us since the first week, that's the problem about you guys at WP not TESTING patches before release. Damage is done, the pets has been and will be abused further until a patch.

You guys say you know they aren't working as intended YET you release a KAFRA ITEM which happens to promote even more this issue. And don't come here and say your same old response "KAFRA ITEMS ARE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE" because if that's the case? Why did B.99 wasn't implemented? yet PET DNA RANDOM BOX WAS?

It's all about the monies right? what's next? nerf the pets after X money quota? Come on WP youa re darn better than this!

#66 TheOneNOnly

TheOneNOnly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I honestly don't really have much to say about PVP, since I plan on avoiding it for the rest of my RO2 life, most likely. So I'll just skip right ahead.

This, I never had issues in get my Assassin to the 4th round at least. After a month of going into Colo, I wnet in 2 days ago and I couldn't do ANYTHING! I was stunned, AoE'd for half my health, stunned and kcnocked down so many times and I swear I didn't got killed by a single actual player attack. I died 6 freaking times in round one! Something that never happened on round 1 since I started to colo...

So for me Colo became an useless feature.

#67 hyunau

hyunau

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well, we've been communicating about this for the past few weeks. It's still an ongoing process, so please bear with us. 

If there was a discussion, surely the idea that monster dna boxes would bring imbalance into the game would of popped up in your discussions. I like how they decided to put this item in the cash shop anyway. 

#68 4095130522120719280

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

So if you somehow manage to disable pets from affecting raid bosses, are you gonna sweep the gear and stuff players already got? I mean obviously this "wasn't" intended right? it's like the bounded items issue? an exploit?

This!!!

For example:

Guild  have the pets => Guild form a party => party easy kill bosses in AoD, Coa, etc. => Party take gears => Party use exploit => Guild OP

#69 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Too bad there's no way to track the methods players used to kill the boss.

Think about it this way, once fully geared, what's left to do? nothing but wait for the next expansion.  This lag time will give those who didn't want to or were unable to use pets to catch up.  In doing so, they will become more skilled than those who only exploited the pets, and will eventually surpass them.

If you do't have OP pets, learn to increase your skill.  Simple as that.  Some people get lipo, some work out.  to each their own.

#70 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

If RO1 has taught us anything, it's that there will be no clean up of damage that's already done. It's a can of worms Warpportal doesn't want to open.

#71 sangpham12

sangpham12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Put the pets cd back in normal too please.

#72 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

2v8sn6t_th.png2jb15kz.jpg

For you signature needs.

pretty please make another one with "Rework Monk" or "Fix Monks" or something similar....

monks needs more love (and cc, self heal, party buff and dps build possibility) :sob:

#73 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

If after all the posts in text above me still can't get through the gravity...

here is the picture version;

notdis-_-again.jpg

k thks bye

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 28 September 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#74 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

I don't think it's possible for them to code that though...Is it? The raid cooldown idea.

Easily. I could type up the code myself, but it would only collect dust.

#75 nove1234

nove1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Colo - I vote for banning pets. It's colosseum, not Ragnarok Zoo. If you want to win, work hard for it, don't rely on pets. (besides, you don't NEED pets to win.)

Raids - this is a tough one ._. I can see how stun/freeze pets are useful to later dungeons like chaos and unknown (and it is unfair to strip those people's rights who have already paid so much for pets), but the people who are saying that chain pets are destroying game mechanics have a point as well.

...Sometimes I just feel like Gravity is digging its own grave XD Anyhow, this will be a(nother) lesson to the devs that they should rethink and reconsider before implementing things

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users