Classic: 2013 patch notes part VII: The Spirits Within - Page 6 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VII: The Spirits Within

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

#126 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I cant believe you read through four pages of "Please dont do this it's a bad idea" and thought "Well we know better we'll put it in anyway". It's a flash back to a year ago when Heim was doing the exact same thing. We're in this position because of things like this.

Please believe us when we say this is a bad idea, if you want people to spend time in Thors 2 do the quest thing.

#127 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

It's not implemented for a week, it's implemented permanently. "Going in this week" so that's the way it's being taken out of context.

What's say we grab a six-pack and watch the universe end?

Apparently its on a "trial run" now according to http://forums.warppo...-act/?p=1537704

No "trial run" needed. Revert back to -CLASSIC- settings. Please.

Edited by Rang, 02 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#128 jonmar2

jonmar2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

this make's me not want to buy WPE to vip may 3 account's .. Good Bye!  :wave: :wave:

#129 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Back online!

#130 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Anybody else feeling  a deja vu here?

GMs : Let's put this change in without consulting the community!

Community : This is a terrible idea, don't put it in.

GMs : We will read through pages of this and put it in anyway.

And the server population halves.

GMs : Uh oh, this was a bad idea, time to revert and hope people come back.

Except people are well aware of you making idiotic changes on a whim and stay away from the server.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#131 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Pretty sure when the patch server opens up, I'm just checking Thors and if it's changed I'm logging off.

Edit: Welp....see ya.

Edited by Themes, 02 October 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#132 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

enuf of this s-.-, im done w/6 pages of !"#$#%#$"#$"
35aosc7.jpg

#133 jonmar2

jonmar2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Same .. <_<

#134 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

well this update might bring more players to Classic "hey lets play classic, thors is updated and Abbys lake monster spawn time reduce to 5mins" huehuehue

#135 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

I've stayed through a lot of -_- this management has done to the game. This is the final straw. I'm done until the change is reverted, good luck with what's left of classic!

#136 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Spoiler

As part of our initiative to make Classic more balanced/enjoyable we have been watching the way players level their characters, and what we found is that at high levels by far the quickest for characters to be leveled. Due to this we started to investigate the behavior that enabled this quick leveling curb and what we found would be quite disturbing if it was occurring in real life. There seemed to be this machine of death where a TKM would go in with a character to be leeched, fight until they die. Respawn, get buffed and repeat. They were constantly warpping in via warpportals on the field map outside. The total amount of deaths that occurred from this process was quite staggering, while the EXP gain from this outclasses everything else in the game with very little risk versus reward.

When a character died they did not have to travel more than 30 seconds to get back into the action and no support was required besides a warpportal and maybe some buffs. This of course was giving massive reward for poor game play strategies, RO has always been about giving large rewards for those who have VERY clever game play strategies. Since we identified the issue with the dungeon we wanted to figure out a way to fix this issue. Now we had several options open to us.

1. Warp Portal in strips all buffs from the characters.
2. Reduce the EXP reward of the thors 1 monsters to bring it in line with monsters on the same risk versus reward tier.
3. Increase the difficulty of the dungeon level via ai/spawn changes so that full parties would be required.
4. Change the connections within the dungeon so that a character death was more meaningful and desired to be avoided by the players.

It was decided to go with option 4. We did not want to destroy any value the dungeon had, and wanted to encourage continued clever game play, while still providing a speed bump in the treadmill of death that was the TKM warp in and die spawn.

Anyone else's brain almost explode when reading this part? Each word oozed that the RO staff doesn't play this game and it's sickening. 

Edited by Kevin, 02 October 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#137 jonmar2

jonmar2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

time to find some other game to play.!

#138 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

i dont get why everyone is qqing?

I started playing in may, I have 4 99/70 trans and I BARELY spend time to lvl. Lvlin imo hasnt been that hard. OK so this thors update makes u have to use supplies/have a hp to follow u when you kill. inst that how leveling needs to be? Inn lvlin was fun yes, but can we atleast give this a try before demanding heads roll for this horrific change.

Also, I have been noticing only a handful of ppl even do thors(people selling leeches), why is everyone crying about this.

#139 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Because it's not about the speed of leveling. It's the fact that people happen to ENJOY leveling in thors. Take away people's enjoyment and guess what happens? People leave to find enjoyment elsewhere.

@Kevin : It's fairly evident the management hasn't played the game in years, but yes, I found that bit extremely amusing to read.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 October 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#140 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Also, I have been noticing only a handful of ppl even do thors(people selling leeches), why is everyone crying about this.

Cuz I want to buy GOOD leeches, not ones that take forever. I don't want to spend zeny to "waste" more of my time.

#141 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

*snip* sounds more fun right now

#142 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Going out on a major limb here, but I'm pretty sure that people are "crying" because the change was unnecessary, the map wasn't broken and not a single person in the community asked for it. Personally I don't understand why they felt the need to "fix" something that wasn't broken in the first place, but I'm not even going to bother trying to understand the reasoning behind this.

Edited by Kailash, 02 October 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#143 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

granted the change came out of no where and is quite unnecessary , no 2 week notice or anything but people really need to calm down and express their concerns. "THATS IT IM QUITTING THIS GAME", "THIS IS WHY EVERYONE IS QUITTING RO" kinda posts are really not helping anyone.

The GMs cater to your every whim (well almost), bio3 spawns have been out for like 4-5 weeks now. The only time I see people coming to the ledge is to tele the spawn i have because they want to MVP (ahem). Everyone cried sooooo much for these, where are all the parties at?Nope.

#144 Mafsnet

Mafsnet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Why doesn't the classic server have the new interface with four skill rows and integrated Battlemode?

Will this ever be implemented?

#145 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

The GMs cater to your every whim (well almost), bio3 spawns have been out for like 4-5 weeks now. The only time I see people coming to the ledge is to tele the spawn i have because they want to MVP (ahem). Everyone cried sooooo much for these, where are all the parties at?Nope.

Did you know the area spawns were bugged for a few weeks despite the GMs saying it had gone in? In fact, there were no area spawns the first time they said it went in.

#146 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

They have add area spawn (The custom one from iRO classic the instant can spawn in 1/4 of the map) but the real instant was never added in bio 3 (the real i think the instant we all know they spawn in the screen not more far away).

#147 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

waste my VIP why changing thors the server is dead hard to find party.... I talked to a new player today he/she asking for zeny to buy some pots, I gave him/her zenies to start lvling then ask me if I know how to robot lolz cant blame that person GM keep nerfing good lvling spot lolz.... bye bye classic

#148 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

granted the change came out of no where and is quite unnecessary , no 2 week notice or anything but people really need to calm down and express their concerns. "THATS IT IM QUITTING THIS GAME", "THIS IS WHY EVERYONE IS QUITTING RO" kinda posts are really not helping anyone.

You said above that you started playing in May.

Most of the people posting here have been playing for 10+ months and this statement made on Page 2 or 3 sums up pretty much how bad this decision is:

In a long sad history of bad ideas on this server, this is like the second or third worst so far.  A change like this will likely drive away the very few high level players still leveling on the server, which I can't say is a good idea in my opinion.

The "omg end of the world im quitting" comes up almost every time we see a "bad" decision made and I've been in your shoes telling people its not the end of the world etc. Now I know exactly how they feel, Hrishi said earlier that this is the final straw and it really is for me. I was in Thors yesterday finishing off a character with a friend so we could bring some dudes down to Bio3 and test the supposed area spawns. It's possible to level/TKM/Leech something from within the second floor but it's just so much more expensive and time consuming to do so.

Tolrin made a pretty good wordy post in the other thread that sums things up pretty well I think, it's here: http://forums.warppo...t/#entry1537891

Thors is a fun, exciting and interesting place for single players or small duo/trios of groups to get in and do stuff. The duos/trios may not suffer much here but you're definitely hitting the solo players very hard. I leveled my MS to 99 in Thors a couple of weeks ago and there's no way I'd have considered doing it in its current state.

I saw the proposed change before going to sleep last night and was hoping that with the large number of negative comments that they'd be read and at least discussed more before it got implemented and was super disappointed when I went to check it out. It's exactly how Heim was approaching the server back then, last minute notes and changes that are....not very well received and just very backwards.

#149 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

but people really need to calm down and express their concerns. "THATS IT IM QUITTING THIS GAME", "THIS IS WHY EVERYONE IS QUITTING RO" kinda posts are really not helping anyone.

Might not be helping anyone, but it's a perfect expression of the feeling many players have. There are players out there that DO MORE work in keeping this game alive then the people running it. If your one of those players and the people that run the game refuse to listen to you... It's very sad. The community is trying the best they can to make this server work and be fun. However, the ignorance of the people running the game have caused many people to quit and more will follow.

Why try to "hide the ugly truth"? Tell the people running the game how pissed their customers are so that maybe the change and listen. Do you have a better alternative.

#150 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

You said above that you started playing in May.

Most of the people posting here have been playing for 10+ months and this statement made on Page 2 or 3 sums up pretty much how bad this decision is:

The "omg end of the world im quitting" comes up almost every time we see a "bad" decision made and I've been in your shoes telling people its not the end of the world etc. Now I know exactly how they feel, Hrishi said earlier that this is the final straw and it really is for me. I was in Thors yesterday finishing off a character with a friend so we could bring some dudes down to Bio3 and test the supposed area spawns. It's possible to level/TKM/Leech something from within the second floor but it's just so much more expensive and time consuming to do so.

Tolrin made a pretty good wordy post in the other thread that sums things up pretty well I think, it's here: http://forums.warppo...t/#entry1537891

Thors is a fun, exciting and interesting place for single players or small duo/trios of groups to get in and do stuff. The duos/trios may not suffer much here but you're definitely hitting the solo players very hard. I leveled my MS to 99 in Thors a couple of weeks ago and there's no way I'd have considered doing it in its current state.

I saw the proposed change before going to sleep last night and was hoping that with the large number of negative comments that they'd be read and at least discussed more before it got implemented and was super disappointed when I went to check it out. It's exactly how Heim was approaching the server back then, last minute notes and changes that are....not very well received and just very backwards.

So the big reason I saw is the lost time due to buffs being lost while travelling in the maps. Were looking at ways of lessening or removing the pain of losing buff time and will have an idea about that posted soon. Is there any other reason why this hurts small groups/solo players?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users