Classic: 2013 patch notes part VII: The Spirits Within - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VII: The Spirits Within

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

#101 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

If suicidal tkm levelling is an issue, maybe what needs to be looked at really,is why people don't pursue other routes of levelling?

#102 jokinvipo

jokinvipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Most people I used to play with quit because of the number of dumb customizations this server had (such as account bound gear, no kathy spawn, etc).

Im not saying warpp dont have fault, but the most fault is the players trust me.  :p_swt:

#103 summerwind

summerwind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

I don't know why you guys put so much time and energy into making these custom changes. It has been known for a fact that:

1. The changes do not bring in new players.

2. The changes chase away existing players because they want the old RO, not this.

I have been paying for VIP since I started to playing on Classic again several months ago to support the server (even though I play less than 10 hours a week), but I can see that it's not worth it to support the server anymore, because more and more players are leaving and you guys aint getting any new players.

I have some suggestions to make:

Open a new server with a one-time $5 paygate to get rid of the bot spammers and farmers.

2x exp and drops.

BG badges can be exchanged for WoE ingredient items.

Kafra shop offers WoE ingredient items.

Custom maps with 150 Thara and Marcs.

This is the only way to get people who quit RO to play this game again, cause the server will die sooner or later. It is evident.

#104 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Are the GM's saying that they've just now realized how people level in thors? Lol, why bring this up now with only a handful of players still leveling? Truly bizarre.

#105 jokinvipo

jokinvipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

I don't know why you guys put so much time and energy into making these custom changes. It has been known for a fact that:

1. The changes do not bring in new players.

2. The changes chase away existing players because they want the old RO, not this.

I have been paying for VIP since I started to playing on Classic again several months ago to support the server (even though I play less than 10 hours a week), but I can see that it's not worth it to support the server anymore, because more and more players are leaving and you guys aint getting any new players.

I have some suggestions to make:

Open a new server with a one-time $5 paygate to get rid of the bot spammers and farmers.

2x exp and drops.

BG badges can be exchanged for WoE ingredient items.

Kafra shop offers WoE ingredient items.

Custom maps with 150 Thara and Marcs.

This is the only way to get people who quit RO to play this game again, cause the server will die sooner or later. It is evident.

I cant see a good number of ppl paying to play ragnarok but who knows...  :p_sick:

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Not even that many people tkm, I know of like 10 others maybe? I can't even imagine that it's a huuuuuuuuuge deal! Maybe all those deaths on TKMs that are recorded are de-levelling suicides? 

Other classes are going to be hurt a lot too.

I'm thinking someone was bitten by a TKM as a kid. Get over it already. It wasn't "an issue!" when LKs were getting over 1b exp, rather we were told how op TKMs would be (remember that?).

You can't give a playerbase a fast effective way to level then take it away. Start low and buff things or the players start to say "well eff you" which is exactly what is happening here.

Edited by Xellie, 02 October 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#107 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Also : the classic population was just starting to recover.... why on Earth would doing anything to make levelling harder for the returning/new players seem like a good idea? Why would upsetting the veteran players of the server seem clever? if 20 people quit over this, there goes 10% of the server. that's enough to topple one guild. Or kill several. WoE was bad enough, this will make it worse.

Well I'm done ranting about it. I don't see why I should give up my free time trying to convince people to keep playing the server. It's not my job, I'm not paid for it... I pay to do it! It's pretty damn unpleasant and if my friends quit I really have nothing left to play for anyway. I hope they won't because I value the time we spend on RO together (yes all of you) but they are right as a matter of principle.

#108 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

the only "positive" effect of this change on this server would be that the knocker bots have it easier....

#109 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

TKM thors is not big deal and it should stay as it is. What you need to work on is getting players back. Think more about pvp events where you can get players to be more active and waste more money!!

#110 Ian14

Ian14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Bad move. You should just think how to attract ppl to play again. Not to leave the game. >.<

#111 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Abyss Lake 3 respawn timers adjusted. Most monsters have had their respawns reduced to around 50% of their previous value.

#112 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

i think you're development team forgets your not the only mmorpg/server in town these days  you might want to come down to earth and realize we have a choice on where to play.

#113 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

So let's remove one broken exp source and add another? That makes a great deal of sense! Everyone leech with LKs instead of TKMs.

Buffing AL3 as a compromise is not going to work. Revert the thor change.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 October 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#114 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

So let's remove one broken exp source and add another? That makes a great deal of sense! Everyone leech with LKs instead of TKMs.

Buffing AL3 as a compromise is not going to work. Revert the thor change.

The goal is to make it so that most dungeons valid places to level as opposed to one being much better then all the others. Until today it looks like Abyss Lake had such a long respawn timer that it was worthless for more then one party at a time. 

#115 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

As you may know by now that threats don't really work on them. Neither does reasoning because they refuse to see (or listen) to what people want and instead force feed us bull crap that they think will help their server.

I have thought you guys have learned from your mistakes. I apologize.

B> A rational management

#116 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

The goal is to make it so that most dungeons valid places to level as opposed to one being much better then all the others. Until today it looks like Abyss Lake had such a long respawn timer that it was worthless for more then one party at a time. 

If that is the goal, then buff other maps to be on par with Thor as it is today. Nerfing Thors does nothing but anger players who enjoy leveling that way. For example I love leveling in thors and wouldn't level anywhere else. Perhaps there are people who prefer AL3 to it, so buff AL3 and let them level there. I don't understand what purpose removing one option to create another serves.

#117 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

When is necros going to get nerfed?

Also the instant respawn time on porings is game breaking. I can get a couple hundred exp in an hour, please nerf.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 02 October 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#118 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sorry but you don't play the game the way we do or see it the way we see it.

Thors gave a 1.5:1 base to job exp ratio as opposed to AL3's 4:1 base to job ratio. Even with your buff to AL3, I can bet that nobody will go down there. The only reason people went there several months back was because Thors or Bio3 was slowly implemented.

Whatever happened to your projects like better Novice Training Grounds or the Stat Reset NPC?

#119 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Can you put Nameless enter in Glast Heim please ? thanks 

#120 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Then let us know so we can try to think of adjustments to make this better.

Why are you trying to make this "better"? According to your player base and the feedback thus far it seems pretty apparent that you're trying to fix something that isn't broken. Implemented for one week? I guess that dungeon will be dead for a week then. It's even more unfortunate that you decided to do this during a 2x exp event. What a waste.

Abyss Lake respawn timers adjusted. Most monsters have had their respawns reduced to around 50% of their previous value.

So Golden Acidus spawn timer goes from 10 minutes to 5 minutes. Do you really believe that will make a difference?

#121 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Until today it looks like Abyss Lake had such a long respawn timer that it was worthless for more then one party at a time. 

What about people who like leveling in thors over abyss lake? Sucks to be them? Stop trying to make things better. Your management cannot make things better. Every time you try to make something better, you only make things worse. The "best" is no customizations.

There are plenty of people who came to play classic just to be able to do thors like before. Plenty of people also came just to do the kathy spawns. You've already driven away people who came to do kathy spawns by not having them in for months. Congrats, you can now drive people away who wanted to do thors while making the game "more fun".

Edited by Hrishi, 02 October 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#122 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

It's not implemented for a week, it's implemented permanently. "Going in this week" so that's the way it's being taken out of context.

What's say we grab a six-pack and watch the universe end?

#123 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

95% of this thread posts says "LEAVE THORS ALONE", how hard is that.

#124 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

http://forums.warppo...-act/?p=1537704

#125 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Only "better customization" you could possibly do is add stat resets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users