Classic: 2013 patch notes part VII: The Spirits Within - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VII: The Spirits Within

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

You should work on the crap that makes us spend less time doing pointless -_- before forcing us to spend more time levelling (aka doing pointless -_-)

#77 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

It was decided to go with option 4. We did not want to destroy any value the dungeon had, and wanted to encourage continued clever game play, while still providing a speed bump in the treadmill of death that was the TKM warp in and die spawn.

1. Thors is a fairly expensive way to level.

2. By removing access to the Inn you have completely destroyed the value of the dungeon.

3. People will find ways to cheese level, if it wasn't Thors it would be something else.

4. Some people (such as myself) enjoy TKM leveling a lot in thors and you have just removed any incentive to want to play.

5. Why in the world would you put in such a ridiculous change without asking for feedback?

6. The only reason nothing compares to thors is because you removed the Kathy area spawn in Bio3 for so long. If the Kathy spawn was in all these days "clever use of ingame strategies" would be rewarded. Instead you put the Kathy spawn in once everyone was done leveling more or less. Bio3 would have been so populated if the spawn was in from the day Bio3 came out.

7. The more you try to customize the server, the more people are going to leave. I would have thought this would be apparent to you by now.

I honestly have nothing more to say.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#78 jokinvipo

jokinvipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Why maint only ends at 12pm? :o

#79 Tsuki

Tsuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

This really saddens me.. more so than logging on and seeing only a handful of ppl still playing and all my friends, guild mates gone due to changes like this.  I have yet to see an update where they didn't mess up a change, miss something, or created more bugs.  How can any business run like this.  This quality of service is just bs and shocked that there is still ppl sticking around.   

A great game with poor management.  You should go read an article on BlackBerry's Downfall.  The executives admitted that their downfall was due to not listening to consumers and when they realized it, it was too late.  

Oh side note, was looking at news on Terms of Service which led to this article : http://www.cinemable...ance-37066.html

6 months ago, I would have been really upset if that happened to RO but today, it might not be a bad idea.  I rather have my favorite mmorpg game die in glory then remembering it as a total failure.  O wait, it's too late for that already.

#80 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

The Thors change is going in for this week. What we would like the players to do while trying it out is to think of the following questions. What kind of leveling are you doing down there? and What did the change do to make it that much harder or that much easier for you? Is it a certain buff duration? Certain items? Certain monsters? Then let us know so we can try to think of adjustments to make this better.

#81 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

'The Caterer' goes in. Can be found in Prontera and the Eden group. Will take any +10 Stat food that lasts for 30 minutes and convert it to 5 +10 Stat Foods that last 5 minutes each. The new foods will have no zeny value and weigh only 1. These will be full tradeable, vendable, and storable. He can trade up to 10 +10 30 minute foods at a time.

These new items will be known as ITEMNAME Snack. Ex: Steamed Tongue Snack

i don't get why the -_- you put this in. There's other -_- that needs to be on this server instead of this.

#82 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

i don't get why the <>you put this in. There's other shit that needs to be on this server instead of this.

It was a change that was requested before, and since we are not able to put in food that persists beyond death it is a small change that we are able to put in that takes considerably less time to get set up the other more complex additions from the foundry. 

#83 Rebely

Rebely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

R.I.P. Classic

#84 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

I dont think ppl would even go there anymore, including me and 6 ppl in my new own guild. #closeserverplz

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 02 October 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#85 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

It was a change that was requested before, and since we are not able to put in food that persists beyond death it is a small change that we are able to put in that takes considerably less time to get set up the other more complex additions from the foundry. 

... what?

So you couldn't put in the fact that food is expiring on death so instead you do something completely unrelated and screw over people who want to level in Thors? The logic of this statement just baffles me. Also I am willing to bet that the majority of the server did not request this change.

To answer Cam, the only way to make it better is to reverse the change. Just like account binding high end gear, removing the area spawn of Bio3 and removing the proposed changes to high end equipment, the solution is to stop messing with the server randomly and to stoip customizing. Any and all my friends who played this game have all been driven off this server with your custom bull-_- from earlier, some of the examples I listed above.

What kind of leveling are you doing down there? TKM, Mastersmith, LK.

What did the change do to make it that much harder or that much easier for you? Makes it impossible to do as effectively as before because Inn is taken away.

Is it a certain buff duration? No.

Certain items? No.

Certain monsters? No.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 October 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#86 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Food change = requested -> Logical

Thors nerf = never requested -> sounds like a Heim$ cooked up idea to me or in other words: illogical

You keep asking the community what you guys should do to bring people back and have new players start out. Yet you don't listen to us at all or do it half-assed.

There is no rationality to the huge customizations you guys implement to this server. Orders from the top I guess.

#87 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

... what?

So you couldn't put in the fact that food is expiring on death so instead you do something completely unrelated and screw over people who want to level in Thors? The logic of this statement just baffles me. Also I am willing to bet that the majority of the server did not request this change.

I was responding to the post above specifically regarding the food change, not at all related to changes to Thors. I have amended my post to make that more clear. I apologize for any confusion. 

#88 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

@Oda/Camp

A better trade-in rate for selfmade lvl10 food wouldn't hurt. Selfmade food is more difficult to obtain and not in hugh amounts available.

@Thors QQing

Now its like every other dungeon. Still good exp.

#89 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Remember everyone, if classic dies it's because of the community! Absolutely nothing to do with ridiculous custom changes coming out of nowhere.

#90 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

i guess dude

#91 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

How -_-ing hard is it to impliment a server with updates that already exist. Copy and paste. The people running this game are so ignorant.

Put stuff in the game how it was expose to be.

If I wanted to play a fully custom server then I'd play a pserver.

#92 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Remember everyone, if classic dies it's because of the community! Absolutely nothing to do with ridiculous custom changes coming out of nowhere.

huehuehue

#93 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

And why even call this "classic" instead of "crazy" or "crappy" server.

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Food change is godly.

Thors change is bad.

Usage of inn taken away, makes for qq

#95 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

You think Thors Change can get you more players? Huehuehue

#96 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

How -_-ing hard is it to impliment a server with updates that already exist. Copy and paste. The people running this game are so ignorant.

Put stuff in the game how it was expose to be.

If I wanted to play a fully custom server then I'd play a pserver.

This. I'm unable to understand why the management wants to add MORE work to their workload. Do you realize your target population would be ecstatic if you simply copy pasted everything from the original updates? Less work for you and more fun for everybody!

#97 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

B>Logic huehuehue

#98 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

@Thors QQing

Now its like every other dungeon. Still good exp.

No its not going to be good exp, because no one is going to be willing to go there.

Honestly, if there is a problem with TKMs levelling in thors, maybe the problem is with TKMs, not thors!  As someone who really enjoys TKM gameplay, I would still rather TKMs were nerfed than have Thors get a ridiculous change like this.  Maybe you should consider dealing with the actual problem instead of doing silly work arounds like this.  I don't understand why no one has ever considered making TKMs balanced instead of nerfing dungeons for everyone, because regardless of the changes, TKMs are still going to be better at it than everyone else.

#99 jokinvipo

jokinvipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Okay lets go, Im tired of reading things without sense.

The community says all time "Is Warp fault because players left and the server is dying la la la la ~"

is warp fault? Or member's fault when used illegal programs to get advantage in game and when lost own accounts cries and decide to quit?

Most part the ppl in classic quited because got ban, in this server "HAVE REALY GAME MASTER" is not like bRO, pRO when you can use bot without any ban for many weeks.

I decided to respond to you guys because you are all mistakes in warp and is not true.

Think about it ! (and sorry for bad english)

Edited by jokinvipo, 02 October 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#100 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Most part the ppl in classic quited because got ban, in this server "HAVE REALY GAME MASTER" is not like bRO, pRO when you can use bot without any ban for many weeks.

Most people I used to play with quit because of the number of dumb customizations this server had (such as account bound gear, no kathy spawn, etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users