10/9 John Lennon's Birthday maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/9 John Lennon's Birthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
362 replies to this topic

#51 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

They will be able to create accounts on our site and we will have a landing page redirecting from the mRO site, but we are not doing account, character or item transfers to our server. 

Why though? If there are still active players on mRO, and if they were allowed to transfer some of their characters at the least into our server, I am sure it will encourage them to keep playing. But to start over, I am quite sure a lot of them would be 'done' with RO and play other games.

I did read their forums and there are people who wanted to try and come back to it, but didn't know how to. Maybe some of them wouldn't mind starting fresh but those who have been there for many years and currently still are would probably want to at least have their characters.

As far as items goes, I am not sure how their economy and highend gears are like.

I have also known a lot of Malaysian gamers that are willing to pay money to play. Even when it was a lot more expensive (exchange rate at x3 or more) for them. So it's not like they aren't going to pay money to play the game to keep RO going. In fact, at the beginning it was iRO that kicked Malaysian players out of the International server so they are made to play mRO, and now are forced to start fresh again when they have 10 years of history gaming there. :\

#52 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

In fact, at the beginning it was iRO that kicked Malaysian players out of the International server so they are made to play mRO, and now are forced to start fresh again when they have 10 years of history gaming there. :\

Malaysians are still in iRO now tho so wouldnt that mean iRO changed that some time ago to allow them back in? which renders this statement kinda unrelated. O.o

#53 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

They did changed that a while ago and allowed Asia region players to play on iRO again, but those who remained in mRO probably didn't want to make the move. And forcing them to start over after so many years of playing in mRO probably will just discourage them.

I did came across many Malaysian players that just start fresh again on iRO. For myself, I never had anything on mRO to begin with except my high level character as my brother took all my gears. :x So I wouldn't have minded leaving it behind. I'm just wondering GM would at least give the remaining active mRO players a chance to at least have their characters on iRO than completely start afresh. Some kind of incentive or encouragement for them to come and play on iRO. Items wise I don't know. It sucks they have to leave it behind but there's a lot of decent gears on iRO already so I am sure they wouldn't have that much of a hard time keeping up with it.

Edited by WarlockFier, 07 October 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#54 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hi Oda,

Can you add 400 KVM's on the upcoming boxes? :D 

#55 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Put in a loan item option so you can loan gears to ppl rather than risk them taking them for themselves.

#56 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

They did changed that a while ago and allowed Asia region players to play on iRO again, but those who remained in mRO probably didn't want to make the move. And forcing them to start over after so many years of playing in mRO probably will just discourage them.

I did came across many Malaysian players that just start fresh again on iRO. For myself, I never had anything on mRO to begin with except my high level character as my brother took all my gears. :x So I wouldn't have minded leaving it behind. I'm just wondering GM would at least give the remaining active mRO players a chance to at least have their characters on iRO than completely start afresh. Some kind of incentive or encouragement for them to come and play on iRO. Items wise I don't know. It sucks they have to leave it behind but there's a lot of decent gears on iRO already so I am sure they wouldn't have that much of a hard time keeping up with it.

There is a "Jump event" planned to accommodate new players from mRO and steam. The Jump event reduces the EXP required to level (both base and job), which will allow new players to level a lot easier than it is on iRO.

This is the best alternative iRO could come up with.

#57 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Malaysians are still in iRO now tho so wouldnt that mean iRO changed that some time ago to allow them back in? which renders this statement kinda unrelated. O.o

yes but at the time of this happening, there used to be about 28k players per server back then. Then they split them all off into different directions. I know when that happened I had to use a proxy server to gain access until I  changed ISP and it kinda just let me through anyway. I was supposed to have transferred to euRO since I'm in the U.K., however, it wasn't much fun. I can't speak German etc. I may as-well have been playing kRO lol

#58 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

I found euRO fun but I finding out about fRO opening up like a year or so after was like a stab in the back.

#59 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

1.- everyone love PvP maps, so, everyone care about PvP Dungeon

2.- No one cares

3.- finally, 2 or 3 weeks with exp event is no good.

4.- You dont know anything about Guild leaders and suppliers.

1- like i said. who cares. only monopolizing guilds will have access to the dungeons anyways so it doesnt effect 75% of the server

2)anyone with a brain that wants to level cares. that quest gave 1.5 million exp and now theres no spotlight quest at all because this company lags

#3 2 weeks of not being able to use your vip account for extended periods of time is not good. a measly 1 week of x2 exp didnt help makeup for all of the hours/days we were unable to play or lost exp because of lag deaths. especially for free account players that lost entire levels worth of exp due to lag deaths

(4) you dont know anything about trying to play multiple accounts and having to dual client all of the time just to get anything. or trying to do ET payouts to guildies that are rarely online

#60 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Why are the Malaysians closing down?

Also, about the 2x Exp, I think I was the only one enjoying it. I grinded my GX on Scaraba hole from 139 to 146 and I've still got 1 day to go. I did not see ANYBODY else in there, except for those killing the MvP.

I'd kill to have another week of 2xEXP. I am getting 150/50 on my GX for certain if that happens.

#61 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

1- like i said. who cares. only monopolizing guilds will have access to the dungeons anyways so it doesnt effect 75% of the server

1 - This shows how completely out-of-touch you are with many parts of the game. Anyone can enter Guild Dungeon without being in a castle-owning Guild, and has been that way for a long time.

I can't even put forth effort to take on the rest of that post... just no..

IGDlMUq.gif

#62 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Notes!

Amatsu and Louyang Spotlight quests end

Do you actually mean this Spotlight BEGINS? The Spotlight has been Lighthalzen.

I know you have seen me ask this already but are you going to answer any of it at least?

Are you planning to compensate VIP Members for all the server issues?

I just heard from someone that said they spoke to you, Oda, in a pm, & that you said it was going to be some time, before boxes of Enriched Ores, were added back to the Kafra Shop. I really hope they misunderstood you.

First you guys decide to change the price, on the 10x boxes of Enriched Ores, and then added the 50x boxes & then you go & completely remove the 10x box completely, which makes no sense at all. So not only are boxes of Enriched Ores no longer permanently available they can't even be vended. This is ridicules due to the fact they are always used & needed. If you aren't going to leave the 50x box in permanently, then at least add the 10x box back, or add them both so the 10x can be vended.

Do you really expect us to buy them, 1 ea., at a time instead?

The things you guys do really don't make sense a lot of the time. For instance you put in the last Lucky Box for only a week & you've been putting in the Groove Packs for two weeks. Now you've started doing this Fire Sale, in order to resale to the same boxes again, so you can make more money, yet you remove the Enriched Ores... Where's the rationalization in that?

You guys know how much gear people need to upgrade now, from the last Groove Pack, HBP's, FAW's, plus many other items. I sure hope you are planning to put Enriched Hammer & boxes of 50x ORES in this week.

#63 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

No, they are taking out the special community made quests that were implemented during these spotlights but were never removed.

#64 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I know you have seen me ask this already but are you going to answer any of it at least?

I just heard from someone that said they spoke to you, Oda, in a pm, & that you said it was going to be some time, before boxes of Enriched Ores, were added back to the Kafra Shop. I really hope they misunderstood you.

First you guys decide to change the price, on the 10x boxes of Enriched Ores, and then added the 50x boxes & then you go & completely remove the 10x box completely, which makes no sense at all. So not only are boxes of Enriched Ores no longer permanently available they can't even be vended. This is ridicules due to the fact they are always used & needed. If you aren't going to leave the 50x box in permanently, then at least add the 10x box back, or add them both so the 10x can be vended.

Do you really expect us to buy them, 1 ea., at a time instead?

The things you guys do really don't make sense a lot of the time. For instance you put in the last Lucky Box for only a week & you've been putting in the Groove Packs for two weeks. Now you've started doing this Fire Sale, in order to resale to the same boxes again, so you can make more money, yet you remove the Enriched Ores... Where's the rationalization in that?

You guys know how much gear people need to upgrade now, from the last Groove Pack, HBP's, FAW's, plus many other items. I sure hope you are planning to put Enriched Hammer & boxes of 50x ORES in this week.

Multi-boxes of Enriched Ores will be returning this week. 

#65 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Malaysia mro is closing and have said transfers of credit and ac-_-s to iro might be in the pipe. Oda do you have any information about this?

They will be able to create accounts on our site and we will have a landing page redirecting from the mRO site, but we are not doing account, character or item transfers to our server. 

Brilliant!!! This is the second best idea since the Merge...NOT!!!

As if the lag isn't bad enough already from taking two servers away, & forcing everyone to play on one, you're going to remove a 3rd one, so we are all on the same server. You seriously need to add a server back & split off a TI or two. This is beyond ridicules. I know you needed the one server for RO2, but I have no idea what you need all these other servers for, that is more important then providing us with a game that functions decent. Where & what is your priority if it isn't the original iRO?

Speaking of TI's the Low TI map really needs to be changed. Payon Dungeon is terrible. It's like walking down an alley. There is no room to walk around & people ks constantly.

Why are the Malaysians closing down?

Most likely so they can free up another server like they did with the Merge. Which btw was originally, only YMIR was supposed to close, & merge with YGG & Valk. If this had happened we wouldn't be having half the problems we are.

#66 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Multi-boxes of Enriched Ores will be returning this week. 

Which ones do you mean? I hope both :Xd

Also what about this:

#67 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

If possible, could get end up getting a Side Cap Costume? I have plans for it if we can...and they are sexy!

#68 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

in, so you can make more money, yet you remove the Enriched Ores... Where's the rationalization in that?

starve the population of a needed item, then when you put it back in game, it creates a buying frenzy of quick generated profit. i just wish more players would vend KP items. spending actual money on stupid stuff like upgrading rocks is such a massive waste of money

#69 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Can you guys add biolabs MVP specific loot to eat gear? ~_~

Also can I trade in the original hats like night sparrow for a box?

Edited by Sapphic, 07 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#70 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Upgrading event this week, Mighty Hammer and Eat Gear appear/50x Enriched ore boxes in for the week

Yes, this pleases me. Time to get that +10 CEB, +10 Glorious Spear, and +9 Night Magician Cap.

#71 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

As if the lag isn't bad enough already from taking two servers away, & forcing everyone to play on one, you're going to remove a 3rd one, so we are all on the same server. You seriously need to add a server back & split off a TI or two. This is beyond ridicules. I know you needed the one server for RO2, but I have no idea what you need all these other servers for, that is more important then providing us with a game that functions decent. Where & what is your priority if it isn't the original iRO?

1314029819767.png

#72 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Notes!

10x Enriched ore boxes return to kafra shop

Upgrading event this week, Mighty Hammer and Eat Gear appear/50x Enriched ore boxes in for the week

Class specific headgear (Night Sparrow Cap etc) box being introduced these give out replicas for one of the four headgears which can be worn by any class.

Glad to hear that the 10x boxes are finally being put back in. No idea why they were ever removed in the first place :p_hi:

Yea for Enriched Hammer & boxes of 50x!

I hope the box isn't a random hat & you can choose which one you want. I also hope this item is going to be vendable.

Also the Alora Costume Box is past due for an update. I hope this will be done soon.

#73 kerolneko

kerolneko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Speaking of TI's the Low TI map really needs to be changed. Payon Dungeon is terrible. It's like walking down an alley. There is no room to walk around & people ks constantly.

Most likely so they can free up another server like they did with the Merge. Which btw was originally, only YMIR was supposed to close, & merge with YGG & Valk. If this had happened we wouldn't be having half the problems we are.

Its amusing how ignorant you can be or how lack of research being made before u spewed those~

Go ahead and search for "Gravity Co., Ltd" and also "Game Flier (M) Sdn Bhd"

Oh nvm im so helpful so i will throw these instead:

Quoted from wiki:

Gravity owns a number of subsidiary companies, which publish and develop its games in countries and regions around the world.

• Gravity Interactive publishes games in North America. It was established in March, 2003, and is based in Marina del Rey, California.[17]
  • Gravity CIS, Inc. publishes games in Russia and CIS countries. It was established in 2005 and is based in Moscow, Russia.[18]
  • Gravity Europe SAS publishes games in Europe. It was established in September, 2006, and is based in Paris, France.[19]
  • Neo Cyon, Inc., established in 2000, develops and publishes mobile games and MMORPGs. It was acquired by Gravity in 2005.[20][21]
  • Triggersoft, which created ROSE Online, was acquired by Gravity in 2005. It was liquidated in 2007.[22]

Oh look, Game Flier is not there. Let move on~

Quoted from Game Flier home page:

Game Flier (M) Sdn Bhd could be new to the ICT market of Malaysia, but her parent companies, Game Flier International Corp. and Soft-World International Corp. are well known in Taiwan, China and other Chinese community of the world as the Soft-World International Corp. has involved in the Computer Gaming Business for over 22 years in the Chinese community of the world.

With over 22 years of Computer Gaming Experience in Taiwan and China, we understand that the Online Game has become a culture instead of a trend of technology in the current society. Therefore, Online Game should be introduced in the native language of the region in order to approach the players easily.

When Game Flier started to get involved in the game industry of Malaysia market, we have introduced the fist Bahasa Malaysia version of Ragnarok Online Game to the local market and achieve a great success in bringing the entertainment of this game to the players of Malaysia. Later, Game Flier (M) Sdn Bhd introduced the English version of Ragnarok Online to the market in order to provide a better and more satisfying service to more consumers in Malaysia and Singapore.

As you can see, Game Flier and Warp Portal (Gravity Interactive) ARE NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY AT ALL!

As for the reason of mRO closure, it was because the contract (10years) ended and they choose to not renew it possibly for lack/insufficient of income to sustain the contract fee.

#74 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Holy moly, lookit that, someone being helpful and proactive! I love it! :> Thanks for the sharing the info, I found it quite interesting.

#75 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

I saw people living at Malaysia and can able to create accounts on our site, feels like there's nothing special about it. And if pertaining to the mRO players, uhm I think they don't love starting all over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users