God Items and Seals - Proposal - Page 3 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Items and Seals - Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

#51 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

^That. Its especially worse that we have to do this right after rolling the seals. 

#52 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

I am against the current seal event being implemented. It would make it the equivalent of adding a forced Endless Tower type event at the end of rolling all four seals. Don't do it!

Edited by Haze, 24 November 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#53 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

so why not just disable res tokens and ice wall in GD, and leave the seal quest as it is?

#54 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

New seal quest event is beyond dumb, monsters have way to much hp not to mention the ghost angel race detard boss. Don't think its fair you have to go through all that AFTER you have done the seal quests and rolled the seals.

#55 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

so why not just disable res tokens and ice wall in GD, and leave the seal quest as it is?

I wouldn't care if Res tokens and IW were enabled in GD. The event that they added is 10 times worse than just a GD war. It's a GD war that takes place in Endless tower pretty much.

I think they had Rangers in mind when they created this event, but classes pre-renewal have a hard time doing that much damage. 

Edited by Haze, 25 November 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

I have not needed to use a res token during any creation on this server.

#57 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

If some weird event for God Item creation replaces what we have, I'd really like some sort of compensation for those of us that have already worked our butts off to make the items we have.

kthx

#58 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

So judging by the feedback given the monsters are too much HP pools.

This week we will reduce drastically reduce HP pool on the monsters and make the MVP less frustrating to deal with.

#59 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

No, quest like those of us who have some balls. ( assuming what you mean is that people should just be able to buy the tokens and not have to wait for the seals to roll)

Why should people have to do less than the amount of work my guys have put in three times? I dislike the stupid quest, I think it's convoluted and unnecessary.

Comparing this to Okolnir is a joke!

Just use the tokens to buy a head start on the race, that's all that is needed.

and keep it at 100.

#1200quests

also god item flooding. Be more Classic and Less Ymir.

It's either got to be one or the other. You can open with X number of tokens anytime or just remove the tokens and allow access to this for X hours after the seals are opened.

This quest actually requires more work than the one before and there is a possibility that no one makes a god item in the end.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

It's either got to be one or the other. You can open with X number of tokens anytime or just remove the tokens and allow access to this for X hours after the seals are opened.

This quest actually requires more work than the one before and there is a possibility that no one makes a god item in the end.

No it doesn't "got" to be one or the other. If it becomes as easy as just buying tokens and making god items, then that's messed up.

seals control and stem the flow of god items on to the server.

#61 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Paying someone to roll characters for you now would be the same as buying tokens. So I fail to see how one is a greater problem than the other.

Your only gripe with this is that you rolled the seals twice (the first roll is always a server gift). The way they are changing the quest has flaws and I'm pointing them out as I see them. "I don't want people to buy their tokens" is not a constructive criticism. If you don't want that then lobby for a different way to activate this quest or fight against it all together.

#62 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think Oda should roll the seals for us instead

#FreeRolls

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Paying someone to roll characters for you now would be the same as buying tokens. So I fail to see how one is a greater problem than the other.

Your only gripe with this is that you rolled the seals twice (the first roll is always a server gift). The way they are changing the quest has flaws and I'm pointing them out as I see them. "I don't want people to buy their tokens" is not a constructive criticism. If you don't want that then lobby for a different way to activate this quest or fight against it all together.

I am and my biggest gripe is people being able to "buy" creations without getting off their laurels and doing some damn work. My other gripe is watching people who make excuses to never do anything attempt to turn the server into Ymir god item wise.

I left Ymir because actual gameplay was devalued by oversaturation and RMT, that's my second biggest concern.

Being able to just buy a creation devalues the work that my guild put in. Kinda like the jerks that just buy GTBs for real $$$.

Ain't nobody paying anyone to roll the seals now. If  they were, I'd do it. 10b per seal and you're welcome.

Also what the hell dude, we had to turn in 73 characters for seal 2 on the first roll. Gift my ass.

Edited by Xellie, 25 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#64 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Your only gripe with this is that you rolled the seals twice

It's a valid gripe, everyone has a selfish vested interest in this system.

#65 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

It's going to be a pretty tough task to balance the seals/god item creation around the current playerbase we have. The system that was in place was "too hard" for the size of the server. It's pretty important that we dont make the new one "too easy" as well.

I like the idea of using tokens because it means a guild leader doesnt require such a large number of players to be on at the same time to turn their quests in and the more casual groups can be involved with the god item creation. It also gives unguilded players an incentive to go ahead and do the quests as they get the rewards from doing the seals and tokens they can sell to people who want to make their own personal items.

I dont have any issue with all the seals being closed in order to start the event, I am a little concerned with the problem that could cause. Similarly to how things are now, if a guild mostly closes the seals but isnt properly ready (timezones etc) and someone with their own tokens starts the event/finishes off the seals then the guild will either have to roll the seals again or wait for someone else to do so. This all depends on how often we're going to see the seals rolled on their own, are the current rewards + token enough to get your average new player who wants some zeny/experience to sit down and do them?

That being said I havent been down there to check out the quest just yet, if the GMs or some guilds want to sit down and do a proper trial run next week after the modifications are made it might give us a clearer idea of how easy/hard it's going to be to make an item with another group trying to grief you. We could probably get people together in the pm server time or after a woe or a livestream.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

casual groups [...] god item creation

Gross.

Anyway, the server pop is growing. And well I don't know, what makes you guys so special that you can't do the seals when I've done 3 rolls?

If you did the quests, you'll have the tokens and someone else probably won't. I actually sent my feedback to Campitor by PM regarding the possibility of sniping with tokens. Well, here's some food for thought, in order to snipe someone, another guild would have to have all the tokens. No I don't like it, but what you think about what I think is irrelevant, because you have assumptions about why I do not want creation to be easy.

Have you considered employing some benevolence to have the server gift you a god item? The nicer/more respected a player is, the more probable it becomes that they can encourage the server players to help them create the item.

You keep talking about the "seals rolling on their own" and that leads me to believe you do not want to work for your GOD item.

Valhalla went down there as a group and the feedback was negative.

Edited by Xellie, 25 November 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#67 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Didnt word that very well, I meant more casual players in a guild. The people who are around but not ALWAYS around. Surely you have some of those, it's not just a guild of 30 Xellies?

Where did I say that I didnt want to work for our god items? You really need to do less reading into things and twisting peoples words around. Your comment about me thinking about what you're thinking applies the exact same way, stop putting words in other peoples mouths.

The purpose of the seals was originally (besides gating god item creation obviously) to get the server involved. Right now the only thing people care about is making some Ice Picks and maybe some ACAs. I'm happy to sit down and do some quests to help make an item. I'm not going to sit down and do 100-200 quests on my own though, because right now that's what it'd take for anything to get done on the current system. We're not all as devoted to this game as you are, I've got no problem doing some work to meet my goals and I'd much rather put in some work because loot pinatas are boring and uninteresting. But that goes the other way too.

You're right though, once the quest goes in there will only be a limited number of tokens and only someone with a full set of tokens is going to be able to start the quest. Are the seals going to be closed at 100/quest? Does that mean theoretically there will be at least enough tokens for two quests?

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

My guild is pretty much all casual.

I don't understand your point.

Are you saying your casual players can't do one or two 5 minute quests to contribute to the creation?

edit: I could if I wanted get many people outside of guild involved. I'm not even entirely sure why everyone rules that out as an option. It is an option and it's a good option.

Edited by Xellie, 25 November 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#69 Deathgeist

Deathgeist

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Loki Classic

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

My guild is pretty much all casual.

I don't understand your point.

Are you saying your casual players can't do one or two 5 minute quests to contribute to the creation?

edit: I could if I wanted get many people outside of guild involved. I'm not even entirely sure why everyone rules that out as an option. It is an option and it's a good option.

Yeah I am personally of a mind that all it really takes is group effort and making a change for something that has been done the same way in Ragnarok Online for a long time is just not a good idea.  We all know the risks of being sniped, and we all know that it takes a ton of time and effort, but it has always been this way and I don't think with the now increasing pop size that it's something that should be changed.

If anything though I am interested to see what the event is like with drastically less monster HP and a less ridiculous D-tard

#70 kedy22

kedy22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

III. Characters will be able to access seal quests two different ways.

a. If a seal is open a character can do that seal quest out of order.

b. No matter the status of the seals characters will be able to always complete the seals in order of 1, 2, 3, and 4. IE You need to complete seal 2 to start seal 3 UNLESS seal 3 is open.

i.This is to prevent guild leaders from being unable to complete their god items due to the seals never being open for the seal tokens they need.

Seal statuses will be reset when these are applied right?

If I read this correctly, A player can do Seal 2 EVEN if Seal 2's status is UNSEEN as long as he finished Seal 1's quest. Is that correct? I'm confused

and when will this be implemented? 

#71 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

I guess I'll put in my last suggestion here about my issue with the new quest. Since "you can buy your seal roll" has been brought up can we have two options to start the quest.

1) as stated in the current proposal 50 tokens of each seal used after all 4 seals close. Other guild leaders can join to make the item for 50 of each seal. Seal counters drop to 0

Add this second option

2) quest can be started at anytime with 100 tokens of each seal regardless of the seal status. Other guild leaders can join with 50 of each seal. Seal counters drop to 0(or remain the same if you can distinguish between the two quests)

I think this a good compromise and puts value on trying to roll the seals since it will take less tokens. Even if someone did buy them all someone else would have to have completed a full roll of the seals (same amount of work is being done for all god items.)

As I'm sure the above is going to be picked apart by one player.

My other suggestion as stated in here already is do updated rewards for the first two seals.

Expand the gear obtainable from the first seal (good acc, end game armor, ect) be creative here.

Second seal give some sort of random box/branch reward. I saw bloody branches and I think that's a good idea if it's random and sometimes you get an opb or obb instead.

#72 fiat600abarth

fiat600abarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

The quest should stay the same because there already are plenty god items on the server (already 5 or 6 after a year), meaning the means of getting them are more than enough. And having too many on the server ruins the game.

If you REALLY want to change something, make it so you can take the quests again with the same characters after an item is created.

E.g.: I do seal 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 on my assassin, the children of the milkman make a meginjard (sp?), now I can do seal 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 on that same assassin.

Edited by fiat600abarth, 05 December 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#73 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Have you attended woe. Valhalla has 2megs and a hammer now. Wrecking crew has the other meg and valk has the first hammer. There's alot of 2.0 items floating around but made items no even the small guild like alpha & omega , immortal dreams. Have a 1.0 set they could make but can't heck I know of at least 3 personal items ppl waiting on to ninja a roll. In my opinion i should have the option if I turn in all 200 stones I can get the item regardless of someone else trying to compete for it flame as my care factor has gone nearly to zero

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Have you attended woe. Valhalla has 2megs and a hammer now. Wrecking crew has the other meg and valk has the first hammer. There's alot of 2.0 items floating around but made items no even the small guild like alpha & omega , immortal dreams. Have a 1.0 set they could make but can't heck I know of at least 3 personal items ppl waiting on to ninja a roll. In my opinion i should have the option if I turn in all 200 stones I can get the item regardless of someone else trying to compete for it flame as my care factor has gone nearly to zero

Just because you have item sets doesn't mean you should be gifted it. It's a GOD ITEM. So sorry that sitting around waiting to ninja it didn't work out for Valk but you have approximately eleventy million people, If I can do the seals in Valhalla with 3~8 people working on it, I'm sure almost ANY OTHER GUILD could do it.

All you need is

Also personal items. Get out. GET OUT GET OUT.

GOD ITEMS are GUILD ITEMS created in GUILD VS GUILD combat for GUILDS to use. Anyone bitching and whining about their personal item can suck my hode

Edited by Xellie, 05 December 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#75 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

GOD ITEMS are GUILD ITEMS created in GUILD VS GUILD combat for GUILDS to use. Anyone bitching and whining about their personal item can suck my hode

Why are god items named to a character and not the guild then? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users