AzzyAI 1.53 - New 11/30, lots of fixes, new LiveMobID feature - Page 3 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

AzzyAI 1.53 - New 11/30, lots of fixes, new LiveMobID feature

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

I would not recommend this feature for those who has an SSD Harddrive. The thing about SSD harddrive is that the more information you write to it, the faster it will die. A lot of manufacturers don't tell you this, but your SSD Harddrive will die as you write info to it. Don't turn on the LiveMobID.

This is no longer an issue with modern solid state drives in home use situation - although they are still limited in the number of rewrites, a modern SSD is able to be rewritten many times more than any home user could achieve, and the contribution to this from my AI is negligible, compared to the amounts of ambient disk activity on a typical computer. Running the AI with LiveMobID for an hour would produce about as much write activity as downloading a 12mb file - that is to say, you do not have to fear for your SSD's lifespan! 

Why i mentioned disk performance was the issue of latency: While the amount of disk activity generated by LiveMobID is small, in an absolute sense, but very frequent, and the game would hang waiting for a read/write if the system couldn't keep up. Any SSD and most modern HDDs should be able to handle this. 

#52 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hm... 

Okay, I see, it was stuck trying to attack something that it couldn't seem to move towards, and eventually gave up on it. Is it possible that it was trying to chase something that was not reachable? It shouldn't have been hung up that long, though it should hang for up to 2 seconds before it recognizes that a target is unreachable (thanks to the limitations of the API we get that doesn't give us a way to detect if an enemy is reachable or a cell is walkable). 

If you could get me another trace if it does it again, that'd be helpful, as would a screenshot from when the trace is running and the homun is hung.

Nah, it would do this like right next to a bunch of monsters suddenly lol. Sadly, I'm out of Bapho scrolls ):!

#53 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

I will keep my eyes out for this sort of behavior. I have not been able to pinpoint the cause of the issue from that trace alone. 

#54 mashiswan

mashiswan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Greetings.
Hye Azzy, what its all about? I got this junk once i call my homunculus.

AAI_SKILLFAIL
12/03/13 03:11:53 H2 GetSkillInfo(): No skill info type 2 found for this level No Skill (0) level 0
12/03/13 03:11:53 H2 GetSkillInfo(): Range for unknown skill requested, returning builtin value1 0

AAI_ERROR
12/03/13 03:11:53 H2 GetSkillInfo(): No skill info type 2 found for this level No Skill (0) level 0
12/03/13 03:11:53 H2 GetSkillInfo(): Range for unknown skill requested, returning builtin value1 0

*cant delete this file simply like that.

Edited by mashiswan, 02 December 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#55 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

Greetings.
Hye Azzy, what its all about? I got this junk once i call my homunculus.

AAI_SKILLFAIL

AAI_ERROR

*cant delete this file simply like that.

Thanks for the report, I found the cause of these and it will be fixed in 1.54. These do not impact functioning of the AI. 

#56 mashiswan

mashiswan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the report, I found the cause of these and it will be fixed in 1.54. These do not impact functioning of the AI. 

Thanks a lot DrAzzy. I really appreciate it :)

#57 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

thanks for the update azzy.

Besides the error message mashiswan get, I also have this in my aai_error file:

12/02/13 20:14:22 H3 Attempted to call GetSkillInfo() with only 2 arguments 8013 7
12/02/13 20:14:26 H3 Attempted to call GetSkillInfo() with only 2 arguments 8013 7

#58 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

thanks for the update azzy.

Besides the error message mashiswan get, I also have this in my aai_error file:

12/02/13 20:14:22 H3 Attempted to call GetSkillInfo() with only 2 arguments 8013 7
12/02/13 20:14:26 H3 Attempted to call GetSkillInfo() with only 2 arguments 8013 7

Thanks. 

Fixed for 1.54. This does not impact AI functioning. 

#59 mashiswan

mashiswan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Thanks. 

Fixed for 1.54. This does not impact AI functioning. 

Can you give me the link for 1.54 please? :D

#60 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

When 1.54 is released, it will be announced here

None of the issues i've fixed so far justify releasing a new version, since it's just the two cases of spurrious error log messages. 

#61 mashiswan

mashiswan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thank you, Captain!  :thx:

#62 CainhooO

CainhooO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Heeey guys =)

There's a problem...

When I update to 1.53 my Dieter stop using Magma Flow....

I already tried everything, set UseDieterMagmaFlow to Idle_Low, Chase, Idle, Berserk and ASAP... But he keep not using =/

help?

#63 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Heeey guys =)

There's a problem...

I already tried everything, set UseDieterMagmaFlow to Idle_Low, Chase, Idle, Berserk and ASAP... But he keep not using =/

help?

Will investigate. I haven't changed anything related to that though....

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 December 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#64 Takudan

Takudan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Can you add an option to config when a moving homun should do anything? I feel like it's the reason my homun can't keep up to me at all, yknow when you're running around a lot without stopping. While I understand it's a  good thing for it to keep its buff/whatnot up, i would rather it to stick to more than having to stop and realise "oh it got left behind.. again"

I tried comparing your AI with another and.. yeah.. yours had a very hard time keeping up with gene's speed due to actions while walking, it's perhaps... "a little too advanced"! lol

edit: oh btw.. any update on Eleanor's combos? ETA of version?

Edited by Takudan, 07 December 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#65 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

Eleanor combos are supported (but they're not used by default, because in the most common use case, spamming sonic claw is just plain better). If they're not working, I was not aware of this. 

So, it's getting left behind because it's using buffs while following you... 

Have you tried setting buff priority to idle_low, instead of idle? I think that will catch at least one case where it could be left behind due to trying to buff when it should be following. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 December 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#66 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Heeey guys =)

There's a problem...

help?

I cannot reproduce this problem. My dieter started using Magma Flow as soon as I turned it to idle and summoned homun with stock 1.53. 

Is AAIStartH showing that it's reading a customized homun config?

#67 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

During internal testing, a few other issues were turned up - these are now known issues and will be fixed in 1.54. Logic for when to use debuff where tactics say to use on "attacking" or "chasing" is broken; specifying specific debuffs to be used on attacking, or specifying use of "any" while chasing will not work at all, while specifying specific debuffs to be used on chasing, or "any" while attacking will be used both on attacking and chasing. I managed to pull off a frankenstein copy-paste error, where both parts of the code had the same logic, but the logic wasn't correct in either place. AoEMaximizeTargets=0 is not respected for skills other than brandish and bb.

#68 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi Dr. Azzy,

i was wondering if you had a setting or could make a setting that would allow you to position the attackers. IE if you have an HBP and greed try to have the homu position the mob's in a square. i realize you might need to have a bypass for the attackers that are ranged. IE don't make me move if i am semi afk. 

also another feature that would be nice is to 1) allow for configurations to be selectable by Account ID ( i know about how you can do this in extra options), and or have an "export" button. and "import" button. that would allow you to save the settings file for easier use of "mood's" or "Jobs" IE DPS, afk , Tank...

as for your site. i love it. i see you make a lot of recommendations as to settings you could have this "import and export" feature allow for this on your site. could have recommendations for Different reasons. to make it easier you could if you wanted to integrate a site like "pastebin." LOVE the program just had a few thoughts on this.  you could even post links to what you have recommended for "afking vani" or "tanking ami"

#69 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

1) If you want it to not attack things that aren't close to the owner, you could achieve that with a very low AggroDist (assuming the monsters are aggressive).

Getting it to be able to tag monsters and drag them back, or maneuver monsters it's fighting to be close to the owner would be a nightmare to get working though. I can't imagine how I could do this and correctly handle obstacles and poslag without opening up ways for it to get stuck or confused, due to the limits of the API we get:

*There's no way to detect if a cell is walkable, except by trying to walk there, and noticing that you aren't moving (but you could be 'stop'ed or getting hitlocked or simply lagging, and it looks the same)

*There's no way to tell if you are attacking a monster - only what the last monster you attacked was. This means when you're dragging the monster around, you can get into situations where the AI can't see that the homun is no longer attacking the monster, while the monster continues attacking, because the monster will still be the last thing the homun attacked, but it might be unattackable now (ex, it looks like it's 1 cell away, but the homun is actually posbugged and is 2 cells away, out of range - but the AI can't detect that)

* Homuns see what the owner does - if you have posbugged monsters, they look posbugged to the AI; coding something that can recognize when things don't look right like a human can and guess where it needs to move to fix it is beyond me. 

I think this is too much to ask of the crap API we're given to work with and the other features that it would have to interact gracefully with. The 

2) This would be nice, and the AI side of it is easy, but the GUI to make it more usable than the current system would be a major undertaking - made worse by the fact that the GUI is written in MSVC++, which I don't really know (I didn't write it - it was written years ago by someone else, and I've just added options to it since). I don't see myself having time to take on a project like this in the forseeable future. 

3) Not sure what you're asking here. 

#70 sonar0m

sonar0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

1) well what i was thinking is kinda faking it. you run up to mob. try to hit move back to owner, check if mob is walking twards owner, if so wait for mob to A)change corse or B) get to owner. if not repeat. that is all i was thinking.

2) YUCK! completely understand

3) it went kinda with 2) post your configuration files for what you like or don't like for certin jobs or roll's for the homu. if you have this i did not see it. if you posted the raw files those of us who know how and where to put it can place these in our folder to see if we like it as well.

#71 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

From PM's, anonymized:

(snip)But recently, I upgraded to the latest version of Azzy AI (1.53) and noticed something odd. Whenever I try to move the homunculus when it was getting attacked by multiple monsters (mobs), an error message would appear.

w1eL3Oy.png

This won't stop appearing and I don't know what to do.

I found the cause of the issue, it will be fixed in 1.54. 

This is a silly mistake in a logging message, where I did formatpos(GetV(V_OWNER,MyID)) when I meant to do formatpos(GetV(V_POSITION,GetV(V_OWNER,MyID))).

The problem is on line 1564 of AI_main.lua:

This line:

logappend("AAI_ERROR","We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to "..formatpos(MyMoveX,MyMoveY).." while owner standing at "..formatpos(GetV(V_OWNER,MyID)))

Wants to be:

logappend("AAI_ERROR","We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to "..formatpos(MyMoveX,MyMoveY).." while owner standing at "..formatpos(GetV(V_POSITION,GetV(V_OWNER,MyID))))

In the meantime, you can go ahead and make this change yourself (by opening AI_main.lua in notepad/textpad/notepad++/sublimetext/etc ) - you can search for that string, or part of it, to find the line in question. I would like to ask that you (or  anyone else who does this and was running into this error) please forward their AAI_ERROR files to me after using the AI with this fix, because each time it gets the error, it's trying to log information about a novel problem (I believe it was introduced with the 9/4 homun update) in which the game client passes bogus commands to the AI. This is an issue that I'm still trying to understand and have been unable to reproduce myself. Currently (with above fix) I just give up if I detect that condition, but I suspect there's a better way to handle it. 

A traceai taken using AI (with AI_main modified as above), doing the things that led to the problem, along with the accompanying AAI_ERROR, would be even better. 

1) well what i was thinking is kinda faking it. you run up to mob. try to hit move back to owner, check if mob is walking twards owner, if so wait for mob to A)change corse or  B) get to owner. if not repeat. that is all i was thinking.

2) YUCK! completely understand

3) it went kinda with 2) post your configuration files for what you like or don't like for certin jobs or roll's for the homu. if you have this i did not see it. if you posted the raw files those of us who know how and where to put it can place these in our folder to see if we like it as well.

1) Hm. I remember fixing a bug that caused that sort of behavior, maybe it could be brought back. 

3) Yeah, either config files or lists of config options... I don't have a pile of tested AI files on hand that I can just post though. 

I would definitely like to develop a better way of handling switching between configurations (it annoys me too while using the AI), but I'm not sure how I could do it without having to get way deeper into the the GUI code than I'd like to. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 December 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#72 NaCl

NaCl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

logappend("AAI_ERROR","We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to "..formatpos(MyMoveX,MyMoveY).." while owner standing at "..formatpos(GetV(V_POSITION,GetV(V_OWNER,MyID))))

This code did not work. I got this message: ./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:1:unexpected symbol near 'i'

Edited by NaCl, 12 December 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#73 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

This code did not work. I got this message: ./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:1:unexpected symbol near 'i'

You typed something on line 1, or you edited AI_main.lua with a program that did more than simple text editing. 

#74 mashiswan

mashiswan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Greetings!

Dr. Azzy, 1.54 is not release yet?  :hmm:

#75 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

Greetings!

Dr. Azzy, 1.54 is not release yet?  :hmm:

No, I'm still working with two users to get information on specific bugs in 1.53 so that these bugs can be fixed in 1.54. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users