*update* 1/5 Arch Bishop Figurines Now available! - Page 9 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

*update* 1/5 Arch Bishop Figurines Now available!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
265 replies to this topic

#201 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Anyway I bet Doddler is probably causing the delay.
(>_> hes probably personally "fixing" all the figurines. Maybe I shouldnt have given him the idea that "hentai" figures are more valueable. )

I get blamed for everything don't I? >.>

I'm not really concerned about it being late, but there is reasonable expectations. Still, I'm not familiar with the process for sending packages that large. While a nendoroid isn't that big, 150 nendoroid figures takes up quite a bit of space. At 300g for a figure (rough estimate), shipping to the US would cost about $2~$3 per figure for surface, and $5~$10 for airmail depending on how fast you want it. I don't think they'll send a single package with that weight via airmail however, Japan Post's cost calculator won't even let you calculate the cost to ship a single package above 10kg, and that many nendoroid's would weigh upwards of 45kg. If they shipped it surface, it could take up to two months, which would mean the current wait shouldn't be unexpected if they shipped late December.

Edited by Doddler, 12 February 2011 - 11:41 PM.

#202 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

I get blamed for everything don't I? >.>

I'm not really concerned about it being late, but there is reasonable expectations. Still, I'm not familiar with the process for sending packages that large. While a nendoroid isn't that big, 150 nendoroid figures takes up quite a bit of space. At 300g for a figure (rough estimate), shipping to the US would cost about $2~$3 per figure for surface, and $5~$10 for airmail depending on how fast you want it. I don't think they'll send a single package with that weight via airmail however, Japan Post's cost calculator won't even let you calculate the cost to ship a single package above 10kg, and that many nendoroid's would weigh upwards of 45kg. If they shipped it surface, it could take up to two months, which would mean the current wait shouldn't be unexpected if they shipped late December.

Doesn't the Japan post always provide tracking? Maybe it got caught up at customs.
I have ordered numerous electronic parts from Asia and sometimes they get hung up in customs for a bit, but never this long.

#203 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

If it got stuck at Customs, Gravity would have received a notice from Customs. What really upsetting is that we didn't received any update information from Gravity itsel. They just leaving us hanging won't any update info about this. What even more upsetting is that Heim say "You getting what you pay for Plus extra". I felt that kinda insulting to me. Don't treat me like a kid. Apparently, I am not getting what I am paying for as of right now. Since these Figurines not even made it in time for me, least you guys can do is give us update info. Telling us how sorry you felt doesn't help at all.

#204 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

I dont care about a refund or compensation (id rather not hold my breath for another 6 months waiting for it), I just want the damn figurine already.

I am so glad someone felt the same way.

#205 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

Doesn't the Japan post always provide tracking? Maybe it got caught up at customs.
I have ordered numerous electronic parts from Asia and sometimes they get hung up in customs for a bit, but never this long.

I'm not sure you get a tracking number for surface (sea) shipping. Even if it does, you'll probably get the "Loaded package into container", and then no update at all until it comes out again. I've always avoided it because it's the "slow as hell option". Japan post gives a 2 month estimate time on their site though for it, which would be in line with how long it's taken. Going with that option would save about $5-$7 per figure, but you pay for it in extra time.

Edited by Doddler, 13 February 2011 - 03:29 AM.

#206 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

They picked SAL for a big of a shipment as that? Most places only accept EMS for such a large shipment, which makes sense. I believe you actually make a saving picking EMS on a large shipment or at least thats what they'd tell me (except for me the extra risk of customs charges wasn't so good). Then you get a tracking number which you can check online via the JapanPost.JP website. Even if you can't read Japanese usually the company will give you a direct link to the tracking page. For small shipments or individual parcels then SAL is fine and not as slow as they state, certainly not 2 months but they probably say that to cover their ass of course. SAL is actually pretty great for small packages, if you ever order from Japan again. Even if only for less customs charges.

However EMS also gets held up at customs more often because its a more thorough process with better tracking its also checked more often. Which is why I tried to pick SAL as much as possible as there was a better chance my customs wouldn't charge me as well as the posties "I had to hang around at customs waiting for your stupid package" extra handling fee. SAL has no tracking however, but Japan Post service seems more efficient than UK Royal mail so never lost a package when it was in Japan or extremely rare. However sites I ordered from would typically default to EMS once you got over a certain parcel weight. A big crate would most likely end up as an EMS delivery unless the company handling the figurines had a different policy, but EMS would of been the best choice here.

Maybe iRO Staff could ask for the JapanPost tracking number for the EMS shipment + tracking page link. However if they shipped via SAL, then the only option is a lengthy investigation, refund and replacement.

Edited by soudou, 13 February 2011 - 04:21 AM.

#207 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

Only if you have it shipped it via EMS (express mail) or one of the private company ones like UPS or FedEx. I'm not sure if Japan Post let you track registered mail but if it does, it's limited.

If they DID ship via EMS, it would have arrived last month (doesn't take more than a week for a package to get to you via EMS) and tracking will be provided so there would be no guessing where the stuffs are at the moment. They most likely picked something else.

Edit: Tried to weight my other AB nendo in her box w/o any scale around, feels like it's around 8oz to 10oz-ish?, so 300g/figure is a good estimate. Speaking of which you can't even input 40kg worth of weight to the JP Post postage calculator. >_>

Edited by Miyuki, 13 February 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#208 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

I just hope they didn't try to cut corners and declare the package's estimated value at less than it really was. That happens a lot with shipping from Japan.

If they did... Well them. Lawl.

#209 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

It depends on who ship them. I think most big Japanese retailers does NOT mark your price down or mark it as gift. It's only the smaller business that does that.

#210 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:39 AM

Hopefully you all get the stuff you payed for soon. It's not cool to leave customers hanging, I hope it's one hell of a compensation.

#211 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

i hope we get a reply soon? lol

#212 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

they are as good with their replies regarding this as their responses regarding server xfers

#213 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Yea. The lack of a reply is disturbing.

#214 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Yea. The lack of a reply is disturbing.

I would say it is more disappointing.

#215 Aynumi

Aynumi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

Are we there yet? It's 2nd week of February :huh:
Let's start a betting pool. Who is in?

PS: How bout adding in one of those poring plushies or like how someone said before, the T-shirts

Edited by Aynumi, 14 February 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#216 rueth

rueth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

I dont want a tshirttttt TT______TT I hope we don't get tshirts T_T I rather get something more useful.

#217 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

O GOD!! Do NOT WANT a stupid ass warp portal t shirt! A warp portal t shirt will not make you look like less of a mouth breathing neck beard, people! At least make it something worthwhile and useful such as a KP refund or PHP.

#218 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

I want a shirt that says "I bought a Ragnarok Online Figurine and all I got was this t-shirt".

That, my money back and some compensation for this mess.

#219 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Well good news!

Got the call from customs today, the figurines are now in the US and if all goes well we may have them tomorrow in our office. I am planning 2 days for us to process and mail out the ArchBishops, because we have to box them and ship each international order seperately. Once that is all done we will know the true cost per Figurine and be able to refund the excess shipping cost back to you.

#220 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Well good news!

Got the call from customs today, the figurines are now in the US and if all goes well we may have them tomorrow in our office. I am planning 2 days for us to process and mail out the ArchBishops, because we have to box them and ship each international order seperately. Once that is all done we will know the true cost per Figurine and be able to refund the excess shipping cost back to you.

Appreciated the update. That all I really wanted just update info on the status.

#221 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

Thank you Heim!

#222 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Well good news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

I instantly felt this was appropriate. But seems alright, what do we get for waiting forever?

#223 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

One for-collection headgear of our choice! I want a Hunter's Cap. ;w;

#224 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

Didn't see on first post, but is the Heart Ribbon Hairband tradable?

#225 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:00 AM

Heart ribbon hair band is trade able.

Really glad that the figurines are finally here.

Being a licensed importer and my own customs agent bringing in products from Japan every 3-4 weeks. Having to waiting this long for them to arrive at gravity is kinda retarded. Its as if the supplier didn't produce enough or gravity ran short of money and put the order through after they cashed in from selling lucky boxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users