78 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:29 PM

Regardless of whether you have been playing or not, and whether you have stat/skill resetted already we will be resetting all Characters stat and skill.

So if you have a build you like, please screenshot it to rebuild it.

This also is to reset baby characters that have corrupt stats in many cases due to earlier stat allocations above 80 pts in a stat. Don't worry baby chars usually have a 3rd class option that allow their stats to go above 99.

Update: The reset has been cancelled because of potential data corruption.

Edited by Resplendent, 04 November 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#2 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

are u sure this is a good idea? i think u should just announce players to do it themselves just incase cause i think the day u do this its gonna be a long down time for ro cause things like this always ends up with major problems. i know u guys are lookin out for us but maybe u can do ingame announcements to remind ppl to do it before the maint that day

#3 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

It's a good idea, espically for those people who can't get on for some reason or don't know about renewal atm.

#4 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

Its a good idea. Specially for the old players who will come back sooner or later who cannot do their reset atm.

Just wondering.. If we are like 50 or 90% over weight and etc etc during the maintenance.
Is that going to crush anything ingame?

#5 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

I already reset all my characters but I guess forcing it on everyone won't hurt much, although characters that log in next to a mob and then get killed are probably less happy about it... (no flee!) :D But if it fixes things... Let's do it.

Just wondering.. If we are like 50 or 90% over weight and etc etc during the maintenance.

:) Good point, amost merchant classes will be going to exceed their weigt limit when they reset... Server says BOOM? Also will we automatically lose mounts/carts if they do this?
Let's just hope they'll put some thought into this...

#6 SpacedOutAnt

SpacedOutAnt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

:) Good point, amost merchant classes will be going to exceed their weigt limit when they reset... Server says BOOM? Also will we automatically lose mounts/carts if they do this?

Yes, and what about all of the items that are in the cart? I've just returned and when looking through all of my characters, my merchants had quite a lot of valuable items stored away in their carts. If the skill reset were to wipe the contents of merchants carts, that would leave a number of returning characters incredibly irate.

#7 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

Thanks for the warning....making notes of builds now.

Unfortunately you just know theres another disaster on the horizon, you can just see it coming....... :)

#8 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Isn't it possible to lose the contents of a cart if skills are reset without unequiping the cart first?

#9 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

Isn't it possible to lose the contents of a cart if skills are reset without unequiping the cart first?

I was just told ingame that likely you might lose your cart but when you get it again it will still have all items. Let's assume this is true :).

#10 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

Now I have to click click click click click through my hundreds of stat points on all my characters all over again? Sigh... Oh well. I guess it's damned if they do, damned if they don't. People would complain either way :)

#11 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

Your items will completely fine. I've seen characters that could carry double their weight capacity and their items were unharmed.

This is a great idea and people who come back later will appreciate it.

Now I have to click click click click click through my hundreds of stat points on all my characters all over again? Sigh... Oh well. I guess it's damned if they do, damned if they don't. People would complain either way :D

/[stats]+ [number]

Example: /agi+ 50

Very easy :)

Edited by Sarune, 30 October 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#12 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

Y/[stats]+ [number]

Example: /agi+ 50

Very easy :)

MY MIND IS BLOWN!

I've played this game for a year and never knew this :D

Edited by ABK1986, 30 October 2010 - 02:50 AM.

#13 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:04 AM

this might help u out

Spoiler

#14 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

I wonder how many people will log out prior to maintenance in a slightly dangerous place (with their current stats/skills) only to find that it is a much more dangerous place when they have no skills/stats?

#15 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

This is a good idea and I'm actually glad of the GM's thinking outside of players just playing "right now".

Most MMOs when they have skill or stat changing game mechanics, when it gets implements they do a one-time forced reset and thats it, while here they are doing the same, but offering weeks of resets beforehand to "play around" and test out any new builds and such. It's actually a much better service than most games offer in the same kind of situation.

This kind of action is needed and welcomed for people who will return who arn't currently playing.

Of course the 2x forced password changes in a year and lack of warp-portal accounts will probably just cripple them from actually coming back in the first place but still- those who have at least done that but don't play will be happy, moreso ones that are on a short hiatus and can't afford just paying a few hours to log on and reset (although I do feel bad about the people who have done that hearing this news)

#16 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

Can you move all characters to a safe map if you're going to do this? I foresee a lot of dying when people login and find they're on a map with aggro monsters without any way of defending themselves.

edit: Should also make a notice on the patch client so people aren't left wondering what the heck happened to their chars and have a chance to prepare.

Edited by Resplendent, 30 October 2010 - 05:57 AM.

#17 ironwolf

ironwolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

If I had just a couple characters I wouldnt have a problem with this. I have 2 full accounts (thats 18 characters) and I really dont want to spend the better part of the day resetting ALL of them. I understand the need for those who havent been able to play or havent come back yet but for those of us who have got their builds (stats/skills) to where they want them its not right.

#18 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

There should be an option when you log onto every character "Do you want a free one time stat/skill reset?" Then if you have characters you rarely play, you don't log onto them and all of a sudden, they have no stats! And people logging on after downtown will know what's up instead of being stumped.

#19 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

I was just told ingame that likely you might lose your cart but when you get it again it will still have all items. Let's assume this is true :).

It's been reported that if you reset with your cart on, all your items will disappear. But you can simply remove then put on your cart to regain your items. HOWEVER, it's also been reported that if let's say you had 8000/8000 in your cart and you reset. The items will disappear and the cart will display at 0/8000. Then, let's say you placed a Jellopy there, making it 1/8000. If you remove + put on your cart, all your previous items will return, but that Jellopy will disappear. This could be problematic if people places some other more expensive stuff in there.

#20 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

Would love to see a reply for this. So we know if we have to figure out where to put some things, before this reset happens.
Love the idea of all the accounts being reset.

#21 Valderath

Valderath

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

Could it be possible to just change or replace the current Mesmerist NPC to be able to do a per character one-time-only stat and skill reset? It's basically the same overall idea with less hassle. I imagine there's no real easy way of knowing how many players have a bunch of items in their carts / on their person, and I'm pretty sure there will be problems for those characters if the forced reset goes on.

The only real "problem" I could see out of this would be people using a levelling build at first then switching to what they want afterwards, but I don't know, with all the resets we've had available and it still being the beginning of renewal, I think it'd be better than having a ton of problems arise from the forced reset.

#22 digispectre

digispectre

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

Honestly, I thought that the FIRST free skill/stat reset was going to be handled like this, not the last. (okay, to be completely honest, I thought there was only going to be one reset at all...) This way you wouldn't have had the problem with some people having to pay for their first reset a couple of weeks ago, and then you wouldn't have to wipe out everyone's character builds now.

However, I'm just happy that this is being implemented at all. I haven't been able to get my hands on renewal yet with school and everything going on. It's great to know that those of us who haven't gotten the chance to play yet get the same opportunities as everyone else C:

I'm sure there's lots of people out there who are happy with their current builds and don't want to have to manually put the points back again, but I think there's more people who maybe don't post in the forums that would like another reset, maybe because they couldn't afford more than a couple with zeny. I think it's more beneficial to the community as a whole to just have one last reset, rather than appeasing the few players that don't want to spend the time to reallocate points. No one says you have to reallocate the stats for so many characters all at once O:

#23 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

yeah, I like this, especially for my unpaid accounts.

#24 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

Could it be possible to just change or replace the current Mesmerist NPC to be able to do a per character one-time-only stat and skill reset? It's basically the same overall idea with less hassle. I imagine there's no real easy way of knowing how many players have a bunch of items in their carts / on their person, and I'm pretty sure there will be problems for those characters if the forced reset goes on.

The only real "problem" I could see out of this would be people using a levelling build at first then switching to what they want afterwards, but I don't know, with all the resets we've had available and it still being the beginning of renewal, I think it'd be better than having a ton of problems arise from the forced reset.

I also think that this is a better solution. This way, old players coming back, can actually get a feel of Renewal with their current builds, before resetting it. Because seriously, an old player, coming back to RO Renewal, who has absolutely no idea how the new stats work, is bound to mess up his build. At least if he gets to feel around Renewal with his current build first. . .

#25 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

This is DEFINITELY needed. Pretty much everyone needs a reset to play Renewal, and giving returning players a $45/account paywall to return would have killed any chance of bringing them back.

I would much, MUCH rather have the minor inconvenience of needing to reassign my builds then see hundreds of old players effectively permanently kicked out of RO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users