Make iRO P2P? - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 7 votes

Make iRO P2P?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#51 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Here's one of my opinion, for all the bot that make zenny and sell em. i wont be surprised if the GM or former GM the one doing the boting and selling.

from a game i use to play called crystal saga, the ex GM is the one selling GOLD, funny right? that's why they always get away with it, because they know all the trick of the system. 

^
This...

Applause.gif

Inb4ban

Edited by HeIIraiser, 23 November 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#52 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

they mute the bots because it takes longer for the person running the botting program to realize the bots have been nulified opposed to being banned... Bots dont buy VIP...theres no reason to... they dont need to farm high priced items... they go and farm low level areas in mass droves and then sell the looted items to NPCs for zeny then transfer that zeny to their main account... also God items cant be just botted you cant get the pieces to make god items from botting and you cant make god items with bots either... they dont buy KP they dont buy WP.... they dont do any of that stuff youre suggesting... they just send their bots around to pick up loots and sell them to NPCs for small chunks of zeny.... they do this non stop 24 hours a day and since they dont need supplies all the zeny collected goes right into the bank.... if one bot gets banned they just replace it with another and it does the exact same thing....

On the muting thing, good point. But as we've all seen, there are sometimes multiple bots in different locations spamming for the same site, anyway. So muting or banning... Either way works, I guess.

As for KP and WP, how do you suppose they got a firelock card for sale? Or some of the other stuff they have like Orc Skel cards? Granted you don't need a high level char with awesome gear to take on orcs, but you do need a few levels under your belt. And I highly doubt someone found a FL card and sold it to them because the company wouldn't give them as much as they're really worth.

#53 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

It was never been a good idea after the flood of f2p online game, and there are far too many option other than RO to choose from for casual player. and please stop make assumption based on other game/ or ur own interpretation. 

Minimum wage by Countries

#54 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

First off, bad idea. Do you honestly think the majority of players have the income in this economy to spend on this game? And another thing, look at the graphics and stuff. Do you really think new players will keep playing after seeing the graphics and mechanics in this game? You would kill the entire server population. Just to take care of a few bots. It's like drinking poison just because you have a minor infection. That's what bots are, actually. Bacteria or a virus. Finding a way to beat them will give them an opportunity to adapt to survive. A few ways to deal with botters are:

Option A: Warning other players about them (they can have zeny, but if they nave no one to buy they shrivel and die)

Option B: Add a simple "voice from nowhere" dialog that prompts suspected botters to answer random 1-100 simple elementary-school level questions (or, if they start getting smarter, 1000-question college-level multi-subject exams) and actually type in the answer. Failure to answer correctly within the time limit leads to Option C.

Option C: Add a "Botting Fee" of over $500 per hour (they wanna make money off an illegal operation, might as well make money off of them for it) for botters to continue their operation (must be paid in KP or wired to Gravity Inc.). Failure to cough up the dough will cause error messages to pop up.

Option D: Have some hackers corrupt the site they use (throw in some trojans to destroy their hard drives and data when they try to fix it).

Option E: Have a team of players (I mean actual logged-in players) to go on patrol every now and again and warp botters to a dead cell in a map where they can cause no harm.

#55 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

On the muting thing, good point. But as we've all seen, there are sometimes multiple bots in different locations spamming for the same site, anyway. So muting or banning... Either way works, I guess.

As for KP and WP, how do you suppose they got a firelock card for sale? Or some of the other stuff they have like Orc Skel cards? Granted you don't need a high level char with awesome gear to take on orcs, but you do need a few levels under your belt. And I highly doubt someone found a FL card and sold it to them because the company wouldn't give them as much as they're really worth.

i assume youre referring to the items that the bots claim to sell on their sites... most of em dont have the items they claim to... its just a way to attract players to their site (most of em will infect your computer with malwear or other nasty things)... as for players selling large quantities of cards some players will spend millions oppening OCAs and will sell off the cards they dont want or need in bulk... or they just keep piling up in storage til the person decides to clean out their storage (i have several santa poring and elder willow cards that would look like i was botting if i sold em all) not everyone selling a couple dozen cards is a botter... some people will buy up all the underpriced cards and then rresell them for profit...

#56 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

i assume youre referring to the items that the bots claim to sell on their sites... most of em dont have the items they claim to... its just a way to attract players to their site (most of em will infect your computer with malwear or other nasty things)... as for players selling large quantities of cards some players will spend millions oppening OCAs and will sell off the cards they dont want or need in bulk... or they just keep piling up in storage til the person decides to clean out their storage (i have several santa poring and elder willow cards that would look like i was botting if i sold em all) not everyone selling a couple dozen cards is a botter... some people will buy up all the underpriced cards and then rresell them for profit...

I've done that, bought some cards at like 600k each, sold at 1.8m each. Didn't have a single one left when I woke up.

#57 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

You misunderstood my post, or didn't see where I said I have been to those sites. I went there out of curiosity. There were bots spamming for four different sites the day I decided to go to them. Simply going there doesn't give you any viruses. And kbred already attested that he "knows" someone who goes and buys from those sites.

The time I went, at least one of the sites had listed a small order of cards for sale, including a firelock card. This is from their SITE, not what their bots are spamming. Only 3 ways of getting that card as far as I know of. They either:

1: Farmed it, meaning they have high level bots. High-level bots means KP/VIP.

2: Used an OCA and got lucky. But OCAs only come from drops and treasure chests (unless KP is used, IF that's an option.) Lowest level monsters to drop it is Am Mut at a rate of 0.01%

3: Buying it from a player, which I doubt because firelock cards are sought after (right?) and are worth a lot in-game.

Also, they're not listing a bunch of MVP or highly sought after cards, just a select few. So I tend to believe they're being truthful. As for ORDERING the items/cards, I have no idea, so you COULD get viruses that way. I know one company was promoting power-leveling. For Wow, it's nearly $200 USD for them to level you from 9 to 99, and would take a couple weeks. That's where you could potentially find yourself in huge trouble, especially if you give them your real password. Because they take full control of your account that entire time.

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

You misunderstood my post, or didn't see where I said I have been to those sites. I went there out of curiosity. There were bots spamming for four different sites the day I decided to go to them. Simply going there doesn't give you any viruses. And kbred already attested that he "knows" someone who goes and buys from those sites.

The time I went, at least one of the sites had listed a small order of cards for sale, including a firelock card. This is from their SITE, not what their bots are spamming. Only 3 ways of getting that card as far as I know of. They either:

1: Farmed it, meaning they have high level bots. High-level bots means KP/VIP.

2: Used an OCA and got lucky. But OCAs only come from drops and treasure chests (unless KP is used, IF that's an option.) Lowest level monsters to drop it is Am Mut at a rate of 0.01%

3: Buying it from a player, which I doubt because firelock cards are sought after (right?) and are worth a lot in-game.

Also, they're not listing a bunch of MVP or highly sought after cards, just a select few. So I tend to believe they're being truthful. As for ORDERING the items/cards, I have no idea, so you COULD get viruses that way. I know one company was promoting power-leveling. For Wow, it's nearly $200 USD for them to level you from 9 to 99, and would take a couple weeks. That's where you could potentially find yourself in huge trouble, especially if you give them your real password. Because they take full control of your account that entire time.

high level botting doesn't require VIP or KP... you can go to Amatsu dungeon and see the bots there right now... they are usually high agi characters (rogues, sins and knights).... why would they need KP/VIP to level those? its not like leveling to 99 is hard.... they just wind em up and let them go.... im pretty sure Gravity makes NO money off bots in fact i bet it actually hurts their cash flow due to the fact that players may not stick around on a server where botters are so abundant....

#59 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Because VIP/KP=faster leveling. Most of the bots probably aren't using KP or VIP. But I'm betting a few are. That way, they CAN get that FL card and other random gear/cards to sell for more zeny. Also, they may have a few high level characters they have KP for to hunt any rares that a customer might make a special request for. At least, it makes sense in MY mind... :/

#60 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

Because VIP/KP=faster leveling. Most of the bots probably aren't using KP or VIP. But I'm betting a few are. That way, they CAN get that FL card and other random gear/cards to sell for more zeny. Also, they may have a few high level characters they have KP for to hunt any rares that a customer might make a special request for. At least, it makes sense in MY mind... :/

bots dont have to level faster.... they have all the time in the world... its not like they have to take breaks or sleep.... i have guildies who without vip or bms or anything have leveled to 99 in a day or 2 just from power grinding....  bots can do this 24/7.... and they usually have 20 or so running in an area at any time.... that only increases their odds of getting cards.... i hunted in scaraba for 2 days for around 6 hours each and walked away with 3 scaraba cards.... and that was manually with a single character.... these bots will hunt in an areas for weeks on end....

#61 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

why cant u just pay monthly for the WP acct. like 30-50 dollars a months. i'm sure that 90% of the bot will be gone. and we will take back iRO from the bot!and scammer! and troll!

Back then it was like 60 dollars for half a year. And you expect 30~50 dollars per month now? You've got to sit down and rethink your ideas before posting it.

#62 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

bots dont have to level faster.... they have all the time in the world... its not like they have to take breaks or sleep.... i have guildies who without vip or bms or anything have leveled to 99 in a day or 2 just from power grinding....  bots can do this 24/7.... and they usually have 20 or so running in an area at any time.... that only increases their odds of getting cards.... i hunted in scaraba for 2 days for around 6 hours each and walked away with 3 scaraba cards.... and that was manually with a single character.... these bots will hunt in an areas for weeks on end....

i played almost 12 hours per day for 2 weeks and all i got is a spore card. Teach me that magic sir!  :p_omg:

#63 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

kill enough of something and youll get your cards.... its kinda funny tho that all the scaraba i killed and only got one imperial spear drop... 4 scaraba cards and 2 black wings and only one imperial spear....

#64 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

kill enough of something and youll get your cards....

You should tell that to all the MvPs I've been killing over the years... :p_sick:

#65 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Option B: Add a simple "voice from nowhere" dialog that prompts suspected botters to answer random 1-100 simple elementary-school level questions (or, if they start getting smarter, 1000-question college-level multi-subject exams) and actually type in the answer. Failure to answer correctly within the time limit leads to Option C.

This option sounds good, but it could backfire terribly. iRO has, after all, a good chunk of international players. Not everybody went to college or learned the same stuff as, like, Americans did. Or even remembers their school taught stuff. I've been out of High School for 6 years now and I have forgotten majority of the history, math or other things that would seem as "elementary" things to know for people my age.

why cant u just pay monthly for the WP acct. like 30-50 dollars a months.

Pff yeah, cause everybody can pay that. There are iRO players who are either too young to pay or are unemployed and can't pay.

Although I'll be honest: if iRO switches to P2P only, I am returning to my private servers, whether they are Renewal or Classic.

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 24 November 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#66 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

This option sounds good, but it could backfire terribly. iRO has, after all, a good chunk of international players. Not everybody went to college or learned the same stuff as, like, Americans did. Or even remembers their school taught stuff. I've been out of High School for 6 years now and I have forgotten majority of the history, math or other things that would seem as "elementary" things to know for people my age.

C-A

Keep in mind not everyone is fluent in English (not trying to be rude, just stating my observations, not everyone can speak fluent English on the server). While I personally like that, it does seem too troublesome, and besides where would one draw the line for "elementary stuff"? 

First off, bad idea. Do you honestly think the majority of players have the income in this economy to spend on this game? And another thing, look at the graphics and stuff. Do you really think new players will keep playing after seeing the graphics and mechanics in this game? You would kill the entire server population. Just to take care of a few bots. It's like drinking poison just because you have a minor infection. That's what bots are, actually. Bacteria or a virus. Finding a way to beat them will give them an opportunity to adapt to survive. A few ways to deal with botters are:

Option A: Warning other players about them (they can have zeny, but if they nave no one to buy they shrivel and die)

Option C: Add a "Botting Fee" of over $500 per hour (they wanna make money off an illegal operation, might as well make money off of them for it) for botters to continue their operation (must be paid in KP or wired to Gravity Inc.). Failure to cough up the dough will cause error messages to pop up.

Option D: Have some hackers corrupt the site they use (throw in some trojans to destroy their hard drives and data when they try to fix it).

Option E: Have a team of players (I mean actual logged-in players) to go on patrol every now and again and warp botters to a dead cell in a map where they can cause no harm.

Options A and E look like the best (there was a screenshot a while back where the botspot guys got warped to the GM dungeon, that would be a good place to warp them to). I wrote my thoughts for B above and I agree with CatMuto. C and D are either skirting around laws or are illegal, I think. I'd have to check laws for that, no idea how it works over there in good old murica. We are trying to get rid of them the legal way, right guys and gals?

#67 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Keep in mind not everyone is fluent in English (not trying to be rude, just stating my observations, not everyone can speak fluent English on the server). While I personally like that, it does seem too troublesome, and besides where would one draw the line for "elementary stuff"? 

Options A and E look like the best (there was a screenshot a while back where the botspot guys got warped to the GM dungeon, that would be a good place to warp them to). I wrote my thoughts for B above and I agree with CatMuto. C and D are either skirting around laws or are illegal, I think. I'd have to check laws for that, no idea how it works over there in good old murica. We are trying to get rid of them the legal way, right guys and gals?

Well I was pretty much joking around with options C and D anyway. As for "elementary stuff", it would be completely basic stuff (1+1, what year is it, type the word shown in the picture, etc. but mostly math because people hate math...if the suspected botter answers "I hate math! Why do you do this to me?" or something similar on a math question, they're most likely not botting). It'll be a hassle, but it could be a good way to deter botters when they are suspected.

#68 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

kill enough of something and youll get your cards.... its kinda funny tho that all the scaraba i killed and only got one imperial spear drop... 4 scaraba cards and 2 black wings and only one imperial spear....

Damn,wish I could have your luck with the sheer hundreds/thousands of times I popped Tendrillion and Aqua Elementals.Id should be sitting on at least 1 Tendrillion Card by now and a Veteran Sword (2) from those areas >.>

Edited by ZeoKenX, 24 November 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#69 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

heh i actually found a veteran sword my first time there lol...

#70 ViktorKr33d

ViktorKr33d

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I dont mind paying monthly, if it will make iRO a better place.

less bot,less problem, less troll, less scamming by kids.

agree?  :p_laugh: everyone is saying how there is alot of god item, zenny, and ebay buyer, so there shouldn't be any problem paying monthly.

or a one time fee to make a wp acct, if not by monthly.

Why isn't it End and 9mm? After I killed you like 3 million times in PvP you said this game doesn't matter to you, so now why are you ready to pay money so that we can't troll you?

#71 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

No one will ever be a fluent speaker writer or reader; not even of their native tongue [Give me any language]. No one is perfect... Although we all strive for it, its impossible to achieve it with such precision.

#72 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well I was pretty much joking around with options C and D anyway. As for "elementary stuff", it would be completely basic stuff (1+1, what year is it, type the word shown in the picture, etc. but mostly math because people hate math...if the suspected botter answers "I hate math! Why do you do this to me?" or something similar on a math question, they're most likely not botting). It'll be a hassle, but it could be a good way to deter botters when they are suspected.

That... doesn't sound bad, as long as it doesn't turn into captcha. :v

No one will ever be a fluent speaker writer or reader; not even of their native tongue [Give me any language]. No one is perfect... Although we all strive for it, its impossible to achieve it with such precision.

Hehe.

#73 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

How many of the bots do you see with Eden hats or the hat from the academy? Most, if not all, right? Well, then that means that the person who created that character CAN read English at least efficiently enough to sign up for quests, right? So they can type their character's name. As I recall, you have to type your name twice to sign up for Eden quests, and you have to select the option to join the academy in a drop-down box. So if they have some of that gear on, and they don't respond to a message asking them to simply type in their name (which a bot can't do, I don't think) then nail them to the wall.

#74 toumakoukin

toumakoukin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

brilliant idea you got there -_-, i'd say  WP will lose 50- 80% of its the ro population if they do this crap. The server population is just starting to grow, why do people suggest these kinds of ideas to divide the population like" time to make a new server" "make it pay to play". i dont get it

You have to remember that this server was intended for us that live around NA. We have our own ways of doing things until some people came and applied their rules from their ex-server. You do realise with the increase of the population what we THOUGHT was taboo and against the rules is normal to these people. Such as botting. Many players with their bot healers in magmaring-some even outright admit that they have a bot in the party for turn ins maps.

If you don't find this wrong you need to get your brain checked and read the Terms of Service. Recently I've seen a lot of threads such as "Offline why ban?" or "ban for no reason?" I laugh at this because they think they're really smart and that they won't get caught for buying zeny or using bots and still want to act innocent. You know when a girl say that she's a virgin but she isn't? Same concept lol :p_laugh:

#75 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

This game shall die. DOOO EEEET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users