Discussion about the increasing amount of innocent accounts getting banned - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Discussion about the increasing amount of innocent accounts getting banned

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

There seems to be a problem with how the GM team is banning accounts related to IP adresses. 

Yesterday my cousins account got banned and i can guarantee that he's not been up to any illeagal activites. He's 11 years old and barley knows how to install a program on a computer, theres just no way that he would be able to configure a bot and use it. Theres also no need for him to buy zeny since i provide him with any gear or zeny that he needs. However both me and him needs to run iRO through a proxy, otherwise we get the "failed to connect to patch server" all the time, we are currently using proxy bonanza. The reason for his suspension must have been that he shared IP with someone that got banned for illegal activities. There 

Do the GMs not do any further investigation to ensure that accounts related to the same IP actually relate to each other? We seem to be in a situation where you can get permanently banned for using a proxy, playing at an internet cafe or using an open WIFI.

- Let's say i share internet with my dorm mates and one of them is botting, does that mean that my choices are either to quit or play with the risk of getting permanently banned?

- If i receive gifts or borrow items from someone that later gets banned for illegal activities i can get banned aswell, how am i suppose to know?

Look at all the forum threads lately, people are getting banned and they are told "dont play on internet cafes, dont share IP with others", is this acceptable?

Edited by visou, 12 December 2013 - 03:07 AM.

#2 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

This kind of thread really needs serious attention from the people who are in charge.

I'm still wondering about those 2 questions for a long time too.

Many friends of mine were involved in the same case.

Most,if not all ended with permanent ban or released with item and/or zeny wipe

Oh by the way,has a ticket been sent already?

#3 aunzoro

aunzoro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

we are using proxy form USA by WTFast,I'm still can play but my friend was ban Why?

#4 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Oda and Campitor, please provide a detailed answear regarding this as soon as possible. This is of such high importance that you can't ignore it like you tend to do with other questions from the community.

#5 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

I think it's because most Asian internet providers use shared IPs. I had this kind of Internet connection before when I was still in Asia. I tried to play some new game I found online and I was surprised that I was already IP banned, so I submitted a ticket telling them that it was my first time to play and they let my IP go.

So yeah, if you're banned, just tell the GMs. Create a ticket or something. GMs ban botters under one IP but that doesn't mean that the innocent accounts can't make an appeal. If you know for yourself that you haven't botted or done anything shady, then submit a ticket and thoroughly explain your situation.

#6 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

I think it's because most Asian internet providers use shared IPs. I had this kind of Internet connection before when I was still in Asia. I tried to play some new game I found online and I was surprised that I was already IP banned, so I submitted a ticket telling them that it was my first time to play and they let my IP go.

So yeah, if you're banned, just tell the GMs. Create a ticket or something. GMs ban botters under one IP but that doesn't mean that the innocent accounts can't make an appeal. If you know for yourself that you haven't botted or done anything shady, then submit a ticket and thoroughly explain your situation.

They dont care much for tickets, just look at the threads here. People are getting the same autogenerated answears to their tickets.

#7 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

Maybe they could hire a few more people, idk how's the situation in the office. On the other hand people send multiple tickets for one thing so they clog the system. Yesterday I was talking with a guy, he sent 5 tickets cuz he was also banned but he's sure he didn't do anything against the rules. So yeah...

#8 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

@visou I beg to disagree. My friend got banned for the same reason (shared IP) and we submitted a ticket to know the reason why it was banned and if it is possible to unban it. After a couple of exchange with the CS, my friend's account got unbanned w/o any penalties. I believe that lots of similar threads about being banned due to shared IP are popping here in the forums because people tend to QQ first before submitting a ticket to CS.

Edited by Lyrage, 13 December 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#9 DarkKidz

DarkKidz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Locationsouth prontera.
  • Server:chaos..

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

same with me..I online last night before woe.and I offline for sleep ..and when I wake up morning my account get banned.

I don't know why I banned..they said my account abuse third party illegal.how I can use third party illegal if I offline my account?

I send more than 10 ticket.but the reply always be same..pm oda and campitor never be reply..

#10 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

^Sending multiple tickets only pushes you farther from the queue. :p_swt:

#11 DarkKidz

DarkKidz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Locationsouth prontera.
  • Server:chaos..

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

^Sending multiple tickets only pushes you farther from the queue. :p_swt:

I not sending multiple ticket..I send 1 and they reply.I try to explain but they reply always be same respone.

#12 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

I not sending multiple ticket..I send 1 and they reply.I try to explain but they reply always be same respone.

If it's the same reply then that must be it for your account. They won't change their minds if they told you your account is blocked permanently.. unless you can provide enough evidence for them to change minds...

#13 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

Keep in mind 'tis the Holiday Season and I am sure it keeps everyone quite busy on multiple fronts.

Looking for work or hoping to get hired during this season is not impossible, but not optimal for that reason.

I would not think they should / could hire to answer extra support reliably and on time.

If anything, I would assume employees will soon start taking vacations to be with their families and enjoy some well earned R&R.

Then we have weekends who are generally known to cater to a smaller support crew at Gravity HQ.

So right now we have 8 weekdays left and 4 weekend days until Christmas day to do everything.

As someone stated above, there is a growing ammount of support tickets being sent (which is the way to get support)

but the support staff is not growing necesarilly to match that. The volume might be large and the order in which you

send your ticket will dictate when it is answered (sending multiple tickets actually slows down your response).

Unfortunately threads like these won't do much to expediate your request(s).

Best thing you can do right now - is be patient, and if you're not banned, be good! Because it be a while.

Best of luck to you guys :glomp:

#14 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

@visou I beg to disagree. My friend got banned for the same reason (shared IP) and we submitted a ticket to know the reason why it was banned and if it is possible to unban it. After a couple of exchange with the CS, my friend's account got unbanned w/o any penalties. I believe that lots of similar threads about being banned due to shared IP at popping here in the forums because people tend to QQ first before submitting a ticket to CS.

I had one of my zeny holding accounts banned, this account only has the purpose to store my zeny, and it has only been used to trade zeny back and forward. This account was banned, none of my others were, over 5 tickets submitted, all answears were the same autogenerated ones.

Look at the threads here, so many users try to find out the reasons for their bann, and all they get is the autogenerated answear that they can't reveal any information.

#15 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

Well, that's weird. Because during the time I helped my friend, it was quite easy. We filed, they answer that my friend was detected to be associated with cheaters/botters through IP, we answered that my friend's ISP uses dynamic IPs, and then they unbanned my friend with a warning that they will still keep him on the watchlist.

Are you checking your older tickets? Because same thing happened to us before we knew that they already replied to the first ticket we sent and they were waiting for our reply.

I had one of my zeny holding accounts banned, this account only has the purpose to store my zeny, and it has only been used to trade zeny back and forward. This account was banned, none of my others were, over 5 tickets submitted, all answears were the same autogenerated ones.

Look at the threads here, so many users try to find out the reasons for their bann, and all they get is the autogenerated answear that they can't reveal any information.

Well, most of the threads I saw were asking about why were they banned. Like I said earlier, most of the time they go to the forums first and then someone from the forums will direct them to file a ticket to customer support.

Sure, they may have some manpower problems in their office right now, but saying that they don't care about the tickets at all is simply misleading.

Edited by Lyrage, 12 December 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

ONLY SEND ONE TICKET PER ISSUE... if your character gets banned then send ONE ticket... the first email you get will ALWAYS be a ticket to let you know they got your ticket... it may take UP TO A WEEK OR MORE to get to actually answering your ticket especially with people sending multiple tickets and clogging up the system... if it takes longer that a week send a private message to one of the CMs here on the forums (Oda, Campitor or Corvus) and they can look into what is going on... make sure you send them a quick message about your issue and include the ticket number for faster response... the support team works with very few people on weekends and the CM are almost never there on weekends so you may have to wait til Monday if you send a message on the weekend

#17 reminiscer

reminiscer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie_Open

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

I wonder this too!!!

For instance im a college student...so therefore I spent most of my time on campus....and while on campus with nothing to do (granted after done doing all the homework), I can go play Ragnarok on my laptop....but its WiFi is open to students....soo...therefore....I guess I am risking myself by playing Ragnarok on campus? Since it's a wifi for college students, certain might use it to run RO and do some illegal stuff and I suppose that will include me as well since I share the same "wifi" with themm ._.

#18 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Most campus internet require a student login or offer guest passes to those who aren't part of the school. As far as I know, my IP has unique letters/numbers that if I ever did anything to violate game rules, I would be the only one affected by my IP. 

#19 DocNousakan

DocNousakan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Most campus internet require a student login or offer guest passes to those who aren't part of the school. As far as I know, my IP has unique letters/numbers that if I ever did anything to violate game rules, I would be the only one affected by my IP. 

That's only the private IP scheme.  What the server sees is another issue because of Network Address Translation overloading.  They can't see your private IP scheme, only the IP that the ISP leases to your campus.  This was done to stop IPv4 from running out of addresses.  In IPv6, everyone should have a unique address considering that there are 2^128 addresses instead of 2^32.  Yeah, that's a lot more addresses.  The problem is, not everyone is ready to implement IPv6.

#20 gangga

gangga

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Server:ChaoticYVY

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

do i need to logon tu submit a ticket?

I sent one but i didn't get any automated reply,

Or they're already in the mood for xmas? luuuuuls~!!

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Isn't 11 years old too young to be playing this game anyways? Pretty sure it's against the Terms of Service, even if they weren't the ones that registered that account.

I do agree that extra investigation is called for though, but I'd rather they be actively banning accounts for suspicious activity rather than not doing anything. An active team means there's going to be innocents being banned/suspended. From here you ask for a review of the case if you truly were wrongly banned/suspended.

One of the things that made me stop playing RO1 was the lack of action on the GM team's part with banning those who really are breaking the rules, especially after ample evidence has been provided.

#22 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

the 11 year old cousin excuse. Do like everyone else and send a ticket.

#23 Henneh

Henneh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Good ol' young cousin bit oh lawd.. YOU can guarantee that your 11 yr old cousin is innocent but how do we know that it wasnt you that that was botting/whatevs and is just using him for excuse?

(Ive used this bit years before when i got banned from pRO and it actually worked :D )

As for tickets, from my personal experience, I sent couple tickets to GMs and all was handled in under a week. Maybe because I only sent ONE ticket per problem i dunno

^^ Like the above post says GMs should consider hiring more staff in response to increase in population. and players should remember that GMs are people not gods they also have a life(maybe?)

#24 gangga

gangga

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Server:ChaoticYVY

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

Racism towards asian??
Hahahaha~!

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

People need to understand that the ticket system functions like the forums: each ticket you send is like creating a new thread and the way to bump a thread is to reply to it. GMs respond to tickets chronologically FROM OLDEST TO NEWEST. Therefore, making multiple tickets about the same issue clogs up their system and pushes your issue back. (Don't you find it annoying and spamming to see 10 forum threads about the same thing?) Simply make replies to your single ticket until a response is received.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users